Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Can a 53 yr old get pregnant

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Can a 53 yr old get pregnant

I am 53 yrs old, have regular periods..I am 2 weeks late now. Never late...I was sexually active with my new partner  after many yrs of being celibate, June 9-12...is it possible to get pregnant at my age?  He is 52. Not fixed. What are the chances of this at my age?
If you are still having regular periods, it is very possible to get pregnant, take a test and if it come back negative wait and see, you are also at the age to start menopause.
I agree, if you're still having regular cycles it's always possible. However, the chances of pregnancy after the age of 35 start to decline, and at your age it's near impossible. Many women over 40 need some form of medical intervention to conceive. Take a pregnancy test 2 weeks after you last had sex with first morning urine.
Thanks...I had difficulty conceiving my only child who is 26. I was never regular with periods until age 40.... But have been since. Never used birth control as the doc said I was lucky to have the one child. But surprises in life do happen. Its been two weeks since I last had sex...will take the pregency test. Thanks for input..probably worried for nothing....hopefully
Thanks for your advice, I do know all about the birds and the bees, lol...but after being sexuallt inactive for many years, (divorce)never even gave it a thought..when with my new partner. I will be taking the test this weekend....keep your fingers crossed...okay?
Personally if out comes back negative if wait to see if you get out next cycle cuz menopause can give you a false positive but fingers crossed and extra good luck!
Yes do keep us updated, SSBD
Thanks you guys!! Taking the test this weekend..I have no other signs than the missed period...yet..lol  And hopefully this is just menopause..I appreciate your well wishes!!
Since it's already been 2 weeks since having sex, you can take the home pregnancy test now and get an accurate result. Take the test tomorrow morning and let us know how it goes. It's very unlikely you'll be pregnant, but who knows. Good luck.
I plan on buying the test and taking the it Friday morning...I have off from work...thanks for your well wishes...I imagine its just in my head, you know mind over matter...but one never knows. Look for post later in the day Friday....thanks again for the support.
Took the test...am NOT pregnant....will test again if my period does not come soon. And seeing the doc for my regular ckup....who knows it just may be menopause starting. Thanks everubody for your support!!
I took the Hpt...and I am NOT pregnant...whew!!! But will test again in a couple weeks if my period still has not come. Thanks you guys for veing my support through this....maybe menopause is starting...will be seeing my ovgyn this month...will talk to him then. Happy 4th  of July to you all!!
Good luck!! If you can, please keep us updated on what your doctor says. :)
Took another test-not pregnant....saw the doc-he said I am most likely in menopause-took a bunch of blood tests-go back 8/1......for results....another phase in life has begun!! ( :