Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Can a pregnancy blood test give a false negative?

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

I have just recently switched birth control pills (about 2months ago)and last month I had my regular period.  I have not missed a period yet, but for almost three weeks I have been nausea off and on all day long with indegestion and have been extemely tired.  I have taken three home pregnancy test and one out of the three was positive.  That was last Wed. night, Thurs. I went to the doctor and he did a blood test that came back negative.  The thing is I have never reacted to BCP this way before.  Could I be pregnant and getting a false negative from the doctor?  If anyone has any advice or suggestion I would sure apprecitate it.

Thank you!
The test at the doctors office can only pick up HCG about a week earlier than an at home one.  It is possible you were briefly pregnant and it did not continue.  Go with your instinct.  I was told I was not pregnant and I am.
hi im adele i did 3 pregnancy tests and a blood test they all were negative.im 15 wks pregnant so good luck!
Hello - I'm new here. I had a couple of questions. I was wondering how far along were you, do you think, when your blood test was negative? And how did you finally find out you were pregnant? I have 3 sons that I got pregnant right away with and the tests were positive from the beginning. We wanted a daughter so we did family balancing IVF and had 2 (5 day) embryos transfered Aug. 1 and did a blood test Aug 14 that was negative but I haven't gotten my period since and have and the classic symptoms not to mention I have 3 kids already and know what if feels like to be pregnant. Anyway, I did another blood test today and it was negative again. I've found many boards and blogs with stories of women getting negative blood tests until they were several months pregnant. I "feel" pregnant but getting negative results makes me think maybe its in my head or something. I would appreciate if you can answer my questions. I'm curious and any hopeful stories helps. Thanks - Karen
I am experiencing a similar situation.  I've taken 2 at home tests and 1 blood test.  The blood test and second urine test were negative, but the first at home test was positive.   This would be my first pregnancy, and I'm pretty nervous.  Do you have any insight?
Can a quantative blood test be wrong. I had this done today and my doctor said it showed below 2. I am almost 2 weeks late for my period and I have never missed a period ever. I'm also having several pregnancy symptoms. Please help me. I've also taken 4 Hpt and all were negative.
Your post gives me hope.  My lmp was November 4, I have a 35 day cycle.  All my hpts have come up negative, but I've been having sore breasts for 2 weeks now, no discharge(which isn't normal for me) and this morning I had some nausea.  I just "feel" pregnant.  I have been pregnant 4 times, two ended in m/c and each of those I just "knew" something wasn't right, it was different.  This time I feel like I did when I was pregnant with my son and daughter.  I went to dr. yesterday, she examined me and said my cervix was normal sized, but had a blue tint and was soft.  She said the signs pointed to me being pregnant, but she wanted to send me for a quatitative bloodtest before she confirmed.  She then proceeded to send along with me some prenatal samples and a prescription for progesterone(low progesterone is what caused my last two m/c's) So I feel she was confident I was, but wanted to confirm.  When I called for results, she hadn't seen them yet so while on phone with me she said in an upbeat voice "ok lets see...your levels are...(then her voice dropped and she said in confusion) your levels are zero.?"  "You're not pregnant".    Im so confused.  Im not sure if Im crazy or what.  My mind and body are screaming that I AM...but all these tests say Im not.  I guess what really has me so lost is the fact even SHE thought I was until I got the blood test results back!
I am goin on 5 1/2 months and i am still having negative test results. I feel this baby kick me, iam hungry like every 45 minustes,my stomach is much bigger and rounder now , I'ev had breast tenderness and no period since november,however i had some spotting a month ago but i still have all kinds of symptoms.i even get that stretching feeling in my sides all the time now.but still negative resutls.i mean this baby move around just about every day! But the doctor's are telling me that iam CRAZY! and are sending me to a Crazy Doctor !! and also a specialist to give me a ultrasound.the doctor said its strange because i have all the signs of a pregnant women.i know iam pregnant, i just pray that its healthy and strong cause i havent had any prenatal care for my baby.i think my body thinks its not pregnant thats why i had the spotting and thats why my hcg is low which is why the negative results keep coming back.Dumb Doctors!!who needs'em.
I went almost 5 months without a period and I had some pregnancy symptoms and it turns out that I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, basically a my eggs were collecting in my ovaries and not releaseing like normal. My belly got bigger and rounder and everyone thought I was pregnant but I wasn't. My doctor put me on some medication and within two weeks I had my period and my belly got flatter and I lost weight within a matter of a day after starting. Doctors do a blood test and an ultrasound to diagnose this and up until I was diagnosed I had never heard of it, some of you might look into this. There are many website on this if you wanted to look it up. Good luck!
I too feel pregnant, had 2 negative urin tests and 1 negative blood test. but I went to the doctor to get a physical and she saw how tender my breasts were and figured I was. But I also do live in a hick town at the moment so they tend to go by what the tests say. Most of the symptoms of early pregnacy I have been having plus I've been bleeding but nothing like my normal periods... So I'm hoping I am pregnant but I don't know where to go from here as far as to find out if its just me or if I am actually pregnant.
Haven't any of you gotten an ultrasound yet?  They can see the baby.  I had no idea I was pregnant, I woke up one morning grabbing my stomach and felt something in it.  I yelled for my mother who was staying with me and she was shocked.  She said it feel like a grapefruit. We went and got an ultrasound and found out that I was four months pregnant.  I have to say that the post that I saw here were the first on a false negative with blood work.  I would look into getting that ultrasound.
So i too am in the same boat... I was feeling really odd cramping and thought maybe my period is starting...? but no i have taken about three at home test all of which are negative and a blood test which was negative... I am late for my period by two weeks. I am having many pregnancy symptoms such as tiredness, cramping, constipation, bloating, moodiness, and the main one NO PERIOD! Im scared and have no clue what to do?
I see that a lot of people have been in the same boat as me.  I am late for my period and have taken several HPT and also did a blood test at the dr two days ago.  The dr called today and said that the test came back .01 which is like a definate negative.  I still have no pd and they told me to be patient and if I did not start in two weeks they would put me on progesterine to make me start.  I don't feel right to me and I am always regular.  I don't want to keep thinking I may be prego when if may be mind over body, or something like that.  Has ANYONE else out there had a neg blood test that ended up ACTUALLY being PREGO?
Hey girls, it is definatly a possibilty that you are pregnant, it all depends on the level of your hormones as to wether or not your test will show positive or negative. if you have a low level of the hormone or even none the test will always show negative. this does not always mean that you are not pregnant, it is rare but a possibility. if you have not had your period for over 4 months and you are having symptoms you need to have an ultrasound done, this will determine if you have a bubby growing.. keep in mind that the more you tell your self you want something the more your body will react to that, you will have convinced yourself that you are and you will have phantom symptoms. best to get it checked any way though.. best of luck ladies.
i had 2 babies in the past 2 years and went on the mirena IUD after the second. i am on my period but i feel pregnant right now. i took 3 home pregnancy test but they all came back negative. to make matters worst i think i feel the baby moving around. i cannot be pregnant my babies are 18 and 6 months, both by c sections. can anyone give me some insight without telling me to go get  a blood test. which i will do soon?
Im in the same situation! I feel pregnant, i already have a son so i know what pregnancy is like. Ive gained 7 pounds in one month and that isent normal for me at all. Last month (november) i had 2 positive home pregnancy tests and i was really excited. Went to the doctor a week later and had a blood test done, it said negitive! And then a urine test which was also negitive! I still have alot of the symptoms and even weird cravings. If i am i would be around 16 weeks. Im a small girl(119 pounds now) and when my stomach is bigger then my boobs theres a problem! The other night i went to go to sleep and i felt something moving in me. Ive already had a kid so i know that feeling really good and i felt it yesterday too. Could there blood and urine test be wrong? I feel like im going crazy!
can blood tests really give you a false negative?!! wow because i have had three negative HPT and one negative blood test but i still fee pregnant and having symptoms like being dead tired, very sore fuller breasts, nauseated most of the time, always having to pee,  my areolas are darker and bigger and i have never even noticed them before they were the same color as all my skin, i had two different periods in a row one brown in color and the other pink and very light spotting. i even have a baby bump!!!!! i have a doctors appointment on tuesday and im demanding a ultrasound to make sure. if im pregnant which i am very sure i am, i should be ten weeks along.
I took my first blood test today to check my HCG because I "Feel" pregnant...have been for about 2 weeks. I have a 4 year old and when I was Pregnant w/ him, I went to the Dr. to get a urine test and It came out neg....I was so sure that I was...as I am now. After about two weeks I went back and took another test and it was positive...they told me that I was 6 wks. I may have gone too early this time but this is really killing me....I'm sooooo emotional right now it a shame!! I've had leg cramps, constipation, breast tenderness, nausea, headaches and dizziness....the same as with my son. My husband also says that he REALLY feel that I am and he's never had a stronger feeling..(.this would be his first)...I guess the next step is to test again and keep praying...GOOD LUCK LADIES!! GOD BLESS
Just wanted to give some hope to hopefuls out there trying to get pregnant or wondering if theyre prego. i was supposed to get my period march 10th 2010, up until march 30th i took a pregnancy test every week and kept getting negatives. On march 31st i went to my OBGYN and took a pregnancy test and it was neg. i then demanded a blood test, and to my suprise i was pregnant! now im 7 weeks pregnant and still cant get a positive urine test. some ppl are just like that. I have poly cystic ovarian disorder, but my advice is dont always beleive it when ur doctor tells u that u have that. theres no way they can diagnose it and be sure. anyways, if its a girl, her name will be Amal, the arabic word for hope. Keep ur hopes up ladies.
I have taken 2 hpt and both have come back negative. I am on depo lupron so i havent had a period in at least a year and wont have one as long as im still on it. I have all the preg symptoms. heartburn, nasuea, boob tenderness, and im extremely emotional. I also have an auto immune disease of the thyroid, would that cause a false negative? Me and my husband dont use and other form of bc, has anyone gotten preg on depo lupron?
Hi Ladies,

Last time I got my period was Feb.26th & I took 3 pregnancy test & a blood test, but all came back negative. The last time I missed my period was 2 years ago b/c I had surgery (found out I had thyroid cancer) and I had to remove my thyroid, but after that my periods have been fine. My breasts are really sore, I feel a lot of cramping, headaches, but no period. My question is does not having a thyroid make the results come back negative. I'm so confused! It's sooo very frustrating.

Please Help!
Thanks,
Hope

i am more than two months overdue for periods(last came on Feb02), have taken 2 HPTS & 1 Blood test.. in march last week both were negative. my belly is proturding..i can feel weight gain around my belly & thighs...cramps in abdomen & legs some time...lower backache from past two weeks...went to doctor yesterday..she said u cant b pregnent as HCG is low and all these symptoms r occurring due to delayed periods... had given my medicine to restart my periods again...btw i have PCO's and had undergone lap in Dec09...dnt wts happening..i was relly very hopeful.......
ok me and my fiance had sex on february 26th well last monday i had two dreams that i was in labor on Thanksgiving and i told my cousin and she used a due date calculator and told me i would be due november 24 and that's the day before thanksgiving. and every since then i have been waking up to pee at 1 3 7 and 9 and all last week through this monday ive been crying and really upset. and friday i noticed some light bleeding and it cant be my period cuz when im on my period its very heavy and i have a stuffy nose and cant breath and friday night i ate 3 lil containers of ice cream then took a test and it said negative and then saturday i ate two things of ice cream too and i know your suppose to take test in the morning so its more accurate and im been throwing up like every two weeks since then and i feel like im going to throw up right now.also when i eat chicken now it makes me sick and i used to be able to eat it all the time and now it make me sic. last thursday i went to doc they said if i am its too early to tell so i got to go back april 7th for a blood test and on saturday i ate a lil pint size of moose tracks ice cream within 19 minutes. well on the 10th i got a letter from the health department that say we have attempted to contact you several times to review these results.please call us at your earliest convenience. and my cousin who is pregnant with her 3rd child told me if it was negative then they would have just left a voice mail or not even bother calling but she said if it was positive then they would tell me to call them or they would send a letter. well today on april  12th the health department called me and told me it was negative but my breast hurt and my feet all the time are hurting now and i was wondering is it possible to be pregnant when blood test said neg and the hpt  say negative. and i want to be pregnant really bad
Hi ladies,

Its nice to know am not goin through this alone, and even better knwowin am not goin crazy..with my son i did 2 blood tests and 4 urines tests which all came negative, nothin but my instincts saved my baby, the doc was convinced i wasnt preg. He put me on provera which i never took, i fell sick and vistited a physician, only to be told am 8 weeks preg. Anyway that was four years ago! Now it starts all over again, i feel nauseous,i crave for sweet foods..all the symptoms u can think of..did a blood test 2 days ago and it came back negative, countless urine tests all negaitive..its really heatr breakin havin to go through this dilema! so i will jus step back a lil..relax and not think bout bein preg..its the only way i see myself sane! Good luck to everyone goin through the same..and baby dust to those ttc like me!
I was taking the pill until November, then had 3 periods, each about 5 1/2 weeks apart. the last one was the first week of March. Now it's 12 weeks later, and I haven't had another period. I'm so tired that I can barely make it through a day at work, even with twice as much sleep as I normally get, I'm nauseous most of the time, as well as hungry, I've had headaches and light-headed spells, and I spend more time in the washroom than I ever have before. I've taken several home tests, which were all negative, and the blood test I had last week came back negative as well.

The doctor said that it's probably because I'm overweight, but this is the longest I've gone without having a period ever, and it was irregular even when I was underweight 10 years ago. I am scheduling an ultrasound as soon as I can get in, so I guess we'll see then.
hi ladies u know is really nice to know i not all alone on this but is just the i had my last period April 21 and then i had sex with my husband and i been feeling a lil wierd like something is not right and on in may 17 i had a spotting that only lasted 3 days and it was really light & thats not how i usually get my period them i did a 3 hpt and they all came out negative  and on may 24 i went to the doctors and did a blood test and it came back to negative i had to call them so could tell me and the thing is the in like really skinny and my lower part of my stomach its been getting really hard and see like its kind of growing not the much but a lil bit and my breast when evr i squish them something watery and kind of whitish comes out and i feel like im pregnant i dont knw what to do  
i have a similar story to most of these i am 16 years old and 5 1/2 months pregnant i havent  had a regular period since December. I have a EVERY symptom its ridiculous. I feel my baby kick and move even. when i first felt the fluttering and the doctors told me no i'm not pregnant i thought i was crazy and just making myself believe i was but my boyfriend feels our baby move a lot now and so does my best friend. The doctor tried to tell me it was stress or gas, but then my stomach started to get bigger and bigger. I weighed only 98lbs and within these months gained 32.5lbs. I'm still experiencing a lot of symptoms the muscles expanding is horrible it hurts a lot. I cant stand on my feet long or they swell like balloons. I'm not the type to eat much, cause my parents fed me very little growing up but now im eating and hungry all the time, as well as running to the bathroom every 15 mins. I'm not in the best situation 16 and pregnant and no prenatal care.  So if anyone has any advice to help me or the baby and make sure it stays healthy it would be helpful. I'm running out of options and i have a feeling its coming soon.
I would say the first thing you need to do is get yourself to a free clinic.  They are available in most areas, try a google search.  I believe there are probably some geared towards teenagers.  It is very important that if you are pregnant you receive appropriate medical care.  If the original Dr. was correct and you are in fact not pregnant, it is important to get to the bottom of what is going on.  You may want to try a Right to Life clinic.  They can help you sort through what you will need.  Good luck to you.
i'm soooo confused! ive done a home preg test and had a blood test both NEGATIVE, im a week late for my periods which is not normal at all for me and im having symptoms like tiredness, bloating, nausea, moodiness and im always sleepy and hungry...so please anyone temme cud i be pregnant or what? im thinking of having a blood test again after 4 days. as this would be my 1st baby so im really hoping tht im pregnant :(
If you're having unprotected sex it's possible, but symptoms don't mean anything. Wanting to be pregnant can make your body believe it is, and many women are good at focusing on symptoms. Get another blood test done and see what your hCG levels are at.
hey all - just wanted to post some results for you because i know that most of the women posting here never return to say what it actually was that was going on with their bodies.

i have been on birth control and my period was like clockwork so when i had a really light period one month and no period the next i started wondering what was up. my stomach was really bloated, i gained six pounds which seemed like it was all in my belly (i started looking like 4 months pregnant and became convinced that i had become pregnant four months earlier without knowing and had a couple more periods before it completely stopped) ... my back started hurting and i got little red broken blood vessel clumps all over my stomach which my sister and friend had both had when they were pregnant. my boobs grew, my feet swelled up and i couldn't wear two pairs of shoes, my appetite went haywire, had constipation then diarrhea, a mole on my stomach grew, i could see my pulse on my belly and feel it all over my stomach, my armpits and feet started sweating more, i smelled different, it hurt to walk sometimes on my legs because it felt like there was too much blood in them, i had little montgomery bumps around my nipples, i had mood swings, cramps, stomach pain.

i took 10 negative HPTs, had 2 negative urine tests at different doctors, and had a negative blood test. but i FELT pregnant and was convinced i was. when i put my hand on my stomach and pressed down a little in addition to the copious amount of gas i had and had had for an entire month, i could feel something like a golf ball moving under my skin. i knew i was pregnant and my anxiety that all the tests were wrong and not picking up the HCG in my blood and urine because of some weird medical anomaly started to increase and i thought the doctors were totally wrong.

my doctor ordered an ultrasound for me for pain and bloating and i got the results back yesterday: normal. not pregnant.
feeling pretty sad and ashamed and embarassed because i had started to talk about it with friends and people close to me because i was obviously not feeling well and starting to get really worried. i went to the ER and was crying and saying that no one believed me and the tests were wrong and i knew i was pregnant.

yeah, definitely not.
Hello, I am totally confused. My Fiancé and I had kind of unprotected sex on June 21st a day after my period; I am currently on NuvaRing and a blood pressure med that should not be taken if you think you may be pregnant. I mistakenly took my NuvaRing out a week early and had kind of unprotected sex a day after inserting my new ring. We did the withdrawal method but I still felt kind of weird about it so I took the morning after pill since I knew I was on the blood pressure meds and to be on the safe side. However I started having cramps like a day after and after 2 1/2 weeks of cramps and my breast being kind of painful not too sore but more less pain. So I took my nuvaring out stop taking my meds and called my OBGYN to ask how soon I could take a test to rule out pregnancy. So on July 7th they did a blood pregnancy test and it was negative less then 1% HGC they told me no way I could be pregnant start taking your meds again, however still having the symptoms so  I requested another test on July 19th and once again same negative  less then 1% HCG, I have taking a ton of HPTs all negative. So being 4 weeks since intercourse could these tests be wrong? I also had a period on July 9th a couple days after taking my ring out that was three days long one day was pretty heaving filling a super tampon once but I was also swimming so it could make it seem more then was really there. However I know being on BC can cause vaginal bleeding during early pregnancy. Any help/stories would be great, this is my first time posting! Sorry if it’s TMI.  We like to have children one day but not today we want some married time first.  
Hi my name is Ana i have a problem here and it seems my doctor is getting tired of me calling him but im worrid i have three children but four years ago i had an ectopic prenancy i got hpt and it was 1negative and i positive then i go see my doctor to get checked and he says no its negative so he sends me out for a blood test because i was having pain and it was positive blood test but then later learned it was an ectopic that was four yrs ago but now im on the same boat once again my cycles are from 36 to 40 days and now im late again and i did a hpt and negative but no period so i went to the doctors and again negative so i got a blood test and got it back but also negative what to do i have all the pregnacy symtoms (symptoms) but negative test and no period what to do please help!!!!
Question ladies, I have an iud and I get my period like clockwork every month, me and my fiance don't use any other form of bc and recently I've started gaining weight around my midsection and I've been waking up sick every morning and sometimes when I eat things I'd normally love it makes me run to the bathroom,I've gone up 2 pant sizes within a month and a half,even tho I'm watching what I eat,my period had been fluctuating like craazy, but I recently had a breast reduction so my breasts are pretty numb. The last time I was pregnant my breasts were extreeemely sore and that's how I kind of knew something was up,cuz I was still getting my regular period, my dr even told me some women still get their period while pregnant. I've taken 2 hp tests and they said negative but apparently if u take them too soon after your period it shows a false negative..does anyone know how long after I should wait to take it?
for the past two weeks, i have been very tired and i can't find a reason as to why i'm so tired, i have been just a little dizzy, i get some small headaches but i also get migraines (i have a history of migraines), i have been just a little nauseous, but for the past few days, i have been having to rush to the bathroom cause i feel like i am going to get sick. just yesterday i was at an amusement park, and i was on my favourite ride (the flume, if some of you dont know what that is, its like a roller coaster & a waterslide put together), any other day, i could go on that ride a 100 times in a row and i wouldnt get sick, but when i was on it yesterday, i only went on it 4 times and i started to feel like i was going to get sick during the third time. i get unexplained nausea, i could just be sitting down doing nothing at all, then all of a sudden i'll feel sick to my stomach. i was supposed to start my period last week (thursday), i only got some light bleeding friday, which lasted til about late saturday, early sunday (nothing like my usual periods, and i'm never that light, nor this late). i took three urine tests, one blood test, all came back neg. is it possible that i may very well be pregnant, and theres just not enough hormones in my body to show up positive on a test?  
i just gotten back negative results from a blood pregnancy test but i am still nauseous. i asked my dr and she said it can be me making my body think i am so that is why i am having the symptoms. my watermelon water just wants to come up. i had my husband on conference call and when he heard the results his immediate reaction was bull**** i then ask my sister and she said the same. they are seeing me go through these symptoms which i have no kids so i really don't know what pregnancy feels like but i am extremely tired all the time and nauseous. i just finished my cycle so that's what making me feel that i am not. i am scheduling an ultrasound so we can finally find out if i am. wish me luck that i am.
I too am going through the same thing this is ridiculous. Its in our mind. Women you know your bodies. Its really frustrating. You can't even rely on these doctors they take the tests and if its neg they just send you off.  that alone will stress you out especially when your healthy. Good luck and pray I'm very angry I hate hospitals and whenever I go there is something wrong! Thanks for nothing md?'s
I wanted to post this because not many people come back with a result. Well here is what happened to me. Well my period is now a month late I haven’t had many signs of Pregnancy. But late period WHAT. I have been freaking out and never in my life late. I am 32. So I did all the tests. 2 HPT came back positive and  2 Neg. Blood Neg. So I called Planned Parenthood and they didn’t ask any questions they gave me an Ultrasound. Nope no Baby. I guess DR’s don’t worry unless you miss 3 periods. So hang in there.  
hi!!! just need some answers!!! i have the mirena 5 yr plan.. ive had it since 07 and never missed a period.. now im almost 1 month late.. i did 4 hpt and neg.. got 1 blood and they said neg.. but i still think i am!! ive gained some weight and its mostly in my stomach i feel flutters in my stomach and ive been bloated gassy craving food all the time tired and alot more i just wonna know if im pregnant or not!! any answers will help!!
I am going through all the same things people are talking about on here.  I am a month late, I had my last period on Nov 18, I have all the signs of pregnancy but neg tests.  I have taken about 10 hpt and 1 blood test and they all come out neg, but I have all the sign.  My boobs hurt bad and are fuller not to mention I have veins going through My chest and stomach it looks like road maps.  When I take my bra off my veins in my boobs protrude a lot like I had a turnicate on all day.  I have nausia, heartburn, I am always hungry, waking up in the middle of the night to pee (which is unusal for me) peeing all day long, things smell weird and taste weird now, stuff that I always eat and love, backache, lower stomach pain, vaginal discharge.......... I'm sure you get the point I have all the syptoms (symptoms) but the tests say no.  According to the due date calculator I am 9 weeks.  I am going to the doc on tuesday.  I just feel crazy cuz this would be my third pregnancy.  I have a true feeling that I am and so does my husband.  he won't let me carry heavy stuff anymore.  Anyway I hope all works out for all the women on this and for me too I should know more on tuesday.  I am anxious to go and find out for sure.
I get my periods like clock work every 28 days, I know I ovulated because I always get the mittlerschertz pain the day I do. 10 dpo I started bleeding which was 4 days before my missed period. I am 8 days late, and have had 5 negative hpts and 1 negative blood test. My boobs are severly sore and tingly and I am exhausted.
I really need some advice..i haven't had a period since November 7th 2010..and i have taken 10 hpt and they were all negivite i recently went to see a gynocoligst..who sent me to get blood work to see if i was preg..well the results came back negative..but i really really believe im preg..i have most of the symptoms like..swollen tender breasts.. constipation..NO PERIOD..nausea..moody..and more..but i have no idea what to do now..i haven't had any prenatal care if i am and i would be 12 weeks today..so i need some advice..
im in the same boat.
im 16 days late, i have all the pregnancy symptoms, my boobs r just getting sore.
last period was supposed to come 26th January, but didnt. i got a bit of spotting when i peed before my last period was due.
had bloods done on the 31st of january. got results today.. a big fat negative.
why am i feeling pregnant if im not.
i have been preg before, my son is now 8... so i know the symptoms.
am i just imagining things.? my next period is due on the 23rd of feb. we'll see what happens.
My last menstrual was Dec 30 am about 2 months late and i also took 5 urine test all came out neg. Took a blood pre test on friday came out neg. I had never had these problem before and i also dont know what to do. I have 2 boys a 8 yr old and 2 yr old. Before i found out i was preg with my 2 yr old i had got my period 2 times in one moth and that was on jan 2008. I took a urine preg test on the end of jan cause i thought having 2 periods in one moth was just weird so it came out neg. Kept taking more urine test on feb all neg by the end of feb i took a blood test an it came out positive. I made a dr appt and gave me a ultrasound and it came out that i was 9 weeks preg. Iwas like waow who would of known. Thats why i feel like am going trow the same thing again. But i keep comin neg i guess ill just have to wait till the end of this month and take another preg test. Am so confuse..
hello,I have a concern. so my peroids are very regular 26 day and mod to heavy bleeding. this month my period was very very light  like spotting exept for 1 day of it, I've felt very tired and was constipated, and I had worse cramps than usual. so took test and blood test all came back neg. but I still have cramps 15th day of cycle felt like i ovulated and had the discharge. but a week later still having that discharge. what do you ladies think?
I am right there with all you other ladies! I guess it is quite common to have a ton of symptoms and get negative tests.  I really don't think I am pregnant because my husband and I have been using condoms every time! I realize that sometimes they can fail though.  This is my situation: My breasts have been leaking milk and a clear fluid that looks like colostrum for about 3 months.  I have had tests done and everything is "normal".  I cannot lose weight no matter what I do - eating healthy and exercising. I am steadily gaining weight!  My ankles are swollen all the time!  My periods have changed drastically...I get them several days late or several days early - I never know when they are coming! When I do get one I bleed moderate the first day then it gets light the second day and is gone by day 3.  I normally have 5 full day periods and they have always been on time.  And then there is the moving I feel in my stomach! I have stomach issues as well but sometimes I will be sitting or laying down and I feel a big "kick".  I have 2 other children - a 6 yr old and an 18 month old so I know what a baby moving feels like!  I took 2 hpt and both were negative. I really do not want to have another baby so I certainly am not wishing that I am pregnant and therefore "causing these symptoms by wishing them" like some doctors would say.  My gastroenterologist is having me do a blood pregnancy test though because he raised his eyebrows at me when I told him all the symptoms I was having!  I think I am crazy! lol!  If I am not pregnant I don't know what is wrong with me!  I certainly have a TON of symptoms that could fit!  IF I am pregnant, this pregnancy would be TOTALLY different than with my first 2 kids!  I was VERY nauseous with both of them and had morning sickness (all day sickness) with my 2nd until the day she was born! I have had no morning sickness but have had a ton of headaches lately and very tired all the time! So sick of feeling awful all the time!  If my blood test comes back negative but my stomach continues to grow and I continue to feel "kicking" then I will request an ultrasound to be sure because I seriously think I am either crazy or there is another crazy problem!
I was told at the end of january during an sona that i was six weeks pregnant. I took a bleed test on the 19th of January due to the fact i was having bad pelvic pain they were going to do radiation to check my gullbladder (gallbladder). Test came back neg so two weeks later did the test and they said everything was fine went in a few weeks later for sona and thats when they said i was six weeks preg, i dont understand how my blood test came back neg if they say i conceived on the 13th of january. I ended up losing the baby at 8 weeks didnt find out till i went in for 12 week check up. I need closer so can anyone tell me how this could be?
poly Cystic ovary syndrome has alot to answer for. No periods. Weird hormones. Periods very late irregular and painful tummy cramps IN lower part of the belly by ovarys area. Catchi for a baby is hard as predicting your ovulation is very hard. I have been trying for a baby for two years still no luck.
i have poly Cystic ovary syndrome
three hpt neg one blood test neg waitin on ultrasound

i am stressed beyond belief i have been feeling preg with neg test i have been to the doc every two weeks since march 7 all neg test i had period on feb23 normal as ever then on the 16th of march i had some spotting which was weired for me because i always go 28 days exact i am really sick i am getting big i am tired everyone says i look preg i have been preg twice befor and both ended in miscarrage (miscarriage) but i dont know what to do my doc is scheduling a ultrasound this week to find whats going on but i think all the stress is going to kill my baby again she said i may have already miscarried or have a thyroid i wont know until i go to doc but prayin that all is well this time and i will have a baby live i wish you could have a ultrasound machine at home it would be easier to figure this out now i will have to wait and worry i will repost to let you know if i am preg or just plain crazy or miscarried whatever it may be
I posted on 3/30/2011....just thought I would follow up since most do not.  I had a blood test and that came back negative. I also have had a CT scan and they obviously didn't see anything in there so I guess I am not pregnant (which in my case I am relieved). My Dr is still doing a bunch of tests to find out what is wrong with me and cannot explain the moving sensations I am having and no one can explain why I am lactating either.  They did another prolactin check and my levels are still normal.  My periods are still messed up too.  If they ever figure out what is up with me I will try to post and let you all know. Best of luck to everyone! I know how frustrating it is to not have answers!!!
Hi, I have gone through some crazy things lately too. I went to the gyno because I was having lower abdominal pains, and an abnormal period. I took two at home pregnancy tests to be sure that it wasn't just implanting pains, they were both negative. When I went she took a urine test that came out positive for pregnancy. That same day she had me go for blood work, it came back negative. I have never been pregnant, but just from simple facebook statuses for the past two months my sister (who is 8 months pregnant with her 3rd child) was concerned, and thought that I was pregnant. I have many symptoms, and it would explain why I am always tired, don't feel good, and am repulsed by the smells of food I usually love. Help?
Hello Im going through the same stuff.., breast soreness feeling sick i have never felt this way until i was pregant with my othe rtwo children i started ovaltion on the 23 i went to the hospital on the 27th they did i blood pregancy test on me and told me it was negative and did a cat scan on me and said i have cyst on me ovaries and that i have whiteish discharge but i can't shake the feeling that i am prego. Could the doctors be wrong and can the blood test be wrong too?
hello, i took a pregnancy test a few weeks ago and it came back positive and then took another one like 2 hours after that with my mum and it didnt show anything so i waited 2 days and took another one an dit took like 15min to show up with a very faint control line i went to the docs and every test has come back negative but i show sings of pregnancy and my mother was the same when she had my sister she took tests for 4 months and all came back negative and at 4 months it came back positive, my friends sister it also happend to her all tests came back negative she now has a 6month old what do i do?? help
Two weeks ago, I went to the doctor and got a urine test done to see if i was pregnant and it read negative, even though i have had many symtomes of pregnancy and i had taken a home pregnancy test that read negative too. Then last week i went back to the doctor, as told, and they gave me a blood test and a sonogram. The sonogram showed that I had a sack inside my stomach that was pretty big and in the shape of a baby sack. And today i got a call from the nurse (docs ***.) and she said that the blood test read negative but the sonogram shows differently. And on top of that, I got my period on this past friday, July 1st, and it was very light until Saturday afternoon. Then it got a little heavier and continued that way until Sunday nite. then it slowed down again. By Monday nite, i was only spotting and Tuesday it was completely done. That's the 1st time my period has ever done anything like that. So i honestly think that the blood test was wrong but the nurse wants me to come back in tomorrow (july 7) to get another blood test done becuz she feels like something is not right.
Can i have some feedback from someone who has been pregnant PLZ!!!
Hello, I am not sure what to think anymore. I just finished my last period Wednesday, and it went fine, but the one before that, I bled before my period and I had not missed a pill or anything. No explanation for a cause. I feel scatter brained a lot, and now today got randomly sick at work. I have had dizziness and some headaches the last few days, but I was also on effexor and just got off of it saturday. When the bleeding before my period happened I took a hpt, and after multiple comments from different people about how I was acting and that I was "beaming" I went for a blood test. It was negative. I don't know what's going on lately, why so many weird things happening in the last month. Wondering if I should maybe request an ultrasound? I have also gained back more than the ten pounds I had lost since September, within the last month! About 12 pounds now! Could be my diet because I was away from home a lot and not able to watch my eating as well, but I'm really not sure. As for cravings and gas, I regularly have both, and weird food combos all the time so that part would never tell me if I am pregnant lol. I have a bicornuate uterus as well, which makes me wonder if that could throw a monkey wrench into things when determining pregnancy. Any ideas or suggestions, etc.?
Absolutely. Nothing is 100%, go with your gut. If you think your preg you probably are
I am  not sure what is going on I have been preg. before and had a miscarriage. I so not ever readdy have periods and i have one july 16 but that was it nothing this month or anything i have taken 9-10 pregnancy test including one at a health department coming up positive but the blood test is coming up negative should i lose the hope of the being pregnant yet
I'm so confused. My last real period was May 11th. July 3rd-5th I bled. Some heavy, some light. On the 5th the blood was dark brown/black that was when it stopped. Today I went to doctor and took both a urine test and a blood test. Both were negative. My blood has been sent off to a lab to check further. I am showing the majority signs of pregnancy. My belly feels and is starting to get huge. I am very scared. I thought a positive result would put my mind at ease. I have never been so certain of being pregnant. So I am not sure if its my mind playing tricks on me, or if something is very wrong with me. I do not have insurance so I am having to fork over so much money on trying to figure out. If anyone could please help me. I dont know if I need to keep paying to try to figure it out or just forget about it.
Ladies. This post is from 2003. If you need help with a question, please make a post on the forum itself. Your questions will not be answered here.
i was pregnant and the doctors said i had a miscarriage but i have gotten bigger now and have pregnancy cramps and symptoms, i am scared that i could still be pregnant! the blood test says negative but i am afraid it is wrong.
If you need help with a question, please make a post on the forum. This is NOT the place to be asking questions.
omg... thank god im not the only one going thru something like this.. first off i have polycystic ovarian syndrome... i was having symptoms of being pregnant... tired..gettting up 3 to 4 times a night to use the bathroom... gaining weight.. boobs tender... well i went to the clinic and got blood work done.. it came back positive... well  i went to the hospital b/c i was having sharp pains and unbearable heartburn and didnt know what i could take as this is my first child.. urine and blood work came back negative.. doc told me i could have miscarried but still do home pregnancy tests and blood work for the next week??? then the nurse came in an told me that i just need to go to my family doc. and have thm do a tests..ughhh im sooo confused.. i need answers.... can anyone help!!! thank you Ashley
hi there it feels weird but i also  been with weirds symptoms and nothing yet took hpt it was negative but it my first baby i had hpt negative until i was 2 months preg now i decided to go for blood test and thats what i did tday now i am waitinting the results i have a feeling it will be negative but sooo want it to be positive good luck to u all
xxxx
I have the merina iud and just recently started taking orthotricyclin for acne, but I feel like im pregnant. I may have gotten pregnant right before I started the bc pills. I feel sick off and on, I've been badly craving chocolate chip cookies like crazy and not really liked my morning chai anymore. I've bad pain off and on for 3 days in my stomach on each side and top and bottom. Most of the pain is on my lower right and upper left. It is like a dull pain, not sharp and it doesn't hurt so bad that I think its an eptopic pregnancy. Also my stomach feels harder. I did have cold symptoms. I havnt stopped really my light spotting since I started taking the bc. Its mostly there only when I wipe. A few headaches I've had, no tenderness in breast just slightly. I really want to be pregnant so maybe its just wishfull thinking. What do you think. I've had a negative at home test so far.
ive done 3 home tests 1 invalid 1 negative and 1 possitve in that order so i went to the doctors and had a blood test that also came back negative i have symptoms of pregnancy ie: feeling sick, cramps, fatitude, need to go to the toilet frequently, etc.
But i also have had my period each month like normal.
Ive started my period this month aswell but people can have periods whilst pregnant apparently.
Its not normal though its much heavier than my normal mentral cycle.
If i am pregnant then i am 9 weeks pregnant already. I dont know what to do seaming its my first time possibly being pregnant. any ideas of what i can do?  
i have taken 3 home tests all negative, blood test, negative but im sick, tired, eating more and definately putting weight on with more of a rounded tummy at the bottom :( i am a dancer and have never had a belly so this is a great change in my body, does anyone know if you can request an ultrasound to determine if pregnant or not considering all other tests are negative, i need to know because i dont want to end up pregnant because im not financially stable at this moment in time. please help!
Oh my gosh guys I have had three urine test and one blood test and they were all negative. Its been over a month now without my periods and this is so not normal for me. I keep getting a feeling like my belly button is being pulled from the inside, keep feeling like my periods are coming but they never pitch I'm nauseas but that's part of my everyday life. White discharges and ulcers now n then. Oh and I think my breasts are growing. I'm confused, what is happening to me?
My fIghter stopped drop shot due to weigh gain and has not had period. She says they always use condoms . She has all the signs. The urine test as been negative but I have 4daughters and also had false negative. Her shot was due in the first couple weeks of October. What should we do?
this gives me a lot of hope because my  period was suppose to come Nov.13th and i never miss them, well its now dec. 4th and i still do not have mine. Ive been so tired lately also and cramping a little (with no bleeding) i took at home test (neg) and i also had a blood one done yesterday also neg. But i have two kids so i know the feeling and my gut is telling me that i am. What should i do?
The same thing is happening to me now and I was wondering what happened in your sitiuation?
okay moms i had a miscarrige in aug but my body still thinks im pregant. i mean im gaining weight my breast are larger no period im tired my back hurts am i phantom pregant? all my tests including a blood test said neg help am i loosing my mind or am i expecting baby no 2
Sadi Jea, Just wondering if you have ever gotten any answers to your problem. I'm having the exact same issues, minus the lactating. I haven't gone to the doctor because I'm actually scared to find out what the problem is. I can't be pregnant although all the signs are there. I have 2 kids already and I'm 39 so I'm really hoping I'm not. Anyway, let me know what you've found out please.
Did you find out anything? I've been having the same symptoms and all test came back negative.  the doctors have looked at me like i'm crazy.  I wasnt thinking about pregnancy so I wonder why i am now having "phantom pregnancy" symptoms.  Oh of course I was given the easy answer "well you might be going into menopause".  I'm so frustrated
Hey I clearly am having the same problem as most. My period was due Dec 9 It never came i took 4 HPTs which were neg. on Dec 14 i took a bloodtest to only be told another NEG Now yesterday Dec 28 exactly 2 weeks after i got a positive HPT. Im so confused on how that can be possible but I am going to the drs tommrow to confirm. Has this happened to anyone & y did this happen?
I AM THE SAME LADIES. I HAVE TAKEN 3 PREGNANCY TEST, ALL NEGATIVE. BUT MY STOMACH IS GROWING AND GETTING HARD AND I GET MY PERIOD EVERY 2 MONTHS. I FEEL MOVEMENT INSIDE AND OUT, BUT NO ONE WILL GIVE ME AN ULTRASOUND WITHOUT A POSITIVE PREGNANCY TEST. I SHOULD BE ABOUT 5 MONTHS NOW SO I GUESS ILL JUST WAIT IT OUT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
I was due for my last depo shot dec.30 2011  the last few days ive been having a few pregnancy symptoms, the home test came back negative but can i still be prego?
I stop taking  my birth control, spotted and light bleeding for week, 2 weeks later I get one day of heavy bleeding. 2 month goes by no period, no spotting. negative hpt test and 3 neg. blood test!  Iduno if there chance I could be pregnant or probably not
Honestly, I think blood tests can be wrong...  i Had a blood test at the hospital it came back neg. I was already two weeks late and had all the preg. symptoms so I knew it was wrong. Two days later, I took a home preg. test and came back postive, went to the dr. and I was preg. But i miscarried Oct. 28 at 14 weeks
Hello To whom it May Concern,

I have recently Begun to have every "pregnancy" Symptom except heart burn since Two weeks ago today. Frequent Urination, Apatite every 45 minutes Or nausea to come about...LMP was 09.01.11 Although I was on Seasonique which accordingly every 3 month a cycle to Occur. According to my calculations I should have had a cycle in the middle of December 2011, Haven't seen even spotting. I stopped taking pills in the middle of December to have a cycle for few days then resume, but just stop taking them all together since in anticipating a cycle. I have in the last two weeks taken 3 at home test as well as a urine and blood test on 01.30.12. They have all been negative, the last urine at home test was yesterday 02.07.12 I plan to take another blood test 02.08.12 To see if HCG levels have increased since last wk when was advised to wait a few days and take another at home as well as return in week for blood by midwife. They detected low levels in last test, and I have only been taking vitamin D and B complex with c in it for the last few months, nothing that I'm aware would have HCG amongst it. I think I felt movement the other day and with all pertaining symptoms I know I am. I feel It. Reassurance from Professionals?
ok..i have a question for you..i started the DEPO shot on the 3rd..they told me to wait 2 weeks to have unprotected sex,but i didnt lol...i took a home test and it came up blank, i had my blood drawn and it came back negative..about a week later i took a home test(last night),,it came back positive,,i went to the doctor today and it came back negative...maybe im not far enough along..its only been 4 days since we had unprotected sex last..HELP!!!!
I went thru the same thing, then within a couple days AF showed up. I was definately bummed out.
I am losing my mind over this... I literally look 4 months pregnant, my breasts are huge compared to normal, I want to sleep non stop, I've gained 22 pounds in under a month & just feel like a bottomless pit when it comes to eating. I have never had gas problems in my life & now it's non stop. I've taken 4 urine tests & 1 blood test & all are negative. I HAVE TO BE PREGNANT! There is no way I could've gained this much weight. The gain is only in my breasts and belly. It's not a flabby belly but a hard enlarged one.  I feel like a whole different person when it comes to my daily habits. What is wrong with me!? Please anyone. I am so big & getting bigger day by day. Is it possible I am pregnant with all these negative tests? What else could be wrong? I'm so scared.
thank you all. i feel like i have gone crazy but feel a little better after i read everyones story.

i took a HPT and it came out negative. i went to the dr a few days ago and the blood test results came out negative. i was a bit sad to hear that the results came out negative, but i can't get over the belly that i have. i also have tenderness in my breast and a hard belly (which i have NEVER had before) and i pee a lot. i was thinking i should start to work out to get rid of my belly but now i'm afraid.

i bled lightly for 1 day in january and missed february and march. we are trying to get pregnant and would except a negative result, but how do you explain these symptoms? do you think i should wait a month or two and see the dr again?
can't really help...i'm in the same position as you, but I have an appointment with my ob/gyn in 2 weeks so I guess I'll find out either way..
it would be great if you can update - it's so hard to find personal stories about this.
thanks! keep me posted and good luck. I went to the dr's already and the results were negative, but i'm do in tune with my body and it's telling me something else. I am not crazy. Really. : )

BTW- since I'm 44, I was thinking that it might be premenopausal symptom, but it's not. I have spent most of the evening last night trying to do research, but I guess only time will tell. At the same time I would like to know what is it so I can take care of it, be it good or bad.

Good luck.
i was diagnosed with pcos my fiancee and i want children, so my obgyn perscribed me 10mg of provera for 10 days and 50mg of clomid day 5-9 of my menstral cycle, everything wet well looked at y scedule for ovulation and had sex about everyother day. i could have sworn ladies i woke up one mornin and me and my man you know... i went about my day came to work an started feeling strange that day!!! although i am pretty sure that prego feeling was all in my mind the days and weeks that followed i feel more and more strange i have been pregnant, and i do not have a menstral cycle on my own.... on day 21 of my "clomid and provera" cycle my doc did a blood test, now the conception date is only a week later. went to the doc he drew prolactin, progesterin, and tsh......  got a call two days later everything was "normal" as the nurs put it, doc wants me on a another round of fertility meds.... but i feel bloated, tired, emotionally distant, slightly nauseous, my bowel movements are strange, alot of whitish discharge, and my lower tummy is tight, and it feels as though my lower back is going to give out... i nee some serious advice no one i know here knows what i am going through. and these doctors act like your crazy  want to start another round of meds as quickly as possible, but i do not want to terminate a pregnancy due to a false negitive. HELP!
Hi MISTY55
I am so glad to hear that there is someone that is dealing with the same thing I am dealing with.  I have been dealing with pregnancy symptoms for the last few months.  I went to both my primary doctor and a ob/gyn and they both gave me pregnancy test and well as me taking home test myself all negative.  I tell them my stomach had gotten bigger and is getting hard and looks like a ball and they tell me I'm imagine it and I'm just blotted. Blot is not hard and does not grow bigger and bigger each month. They keep trying to make me get x-rays but I know my body and I know in my heart there is a baby in there.  All they do is brush it off and laugh, I feel like a bad mom because I cant give my baby the proper prenatal care but they just wont listen because my body is reading negative but showing positive.
wow thanks now i feel sooo much better...sarcasms..now really freaking out  i  am on depo get every system belly getting bigger but losing weight else where no period since January,tired all the time moody...but negative test...doctor dont want do blood work because i am on depo my man thinks i am
i went at about 3 weeks pregnant they did blood work it was negitive i took 5 hpt they were negitive 1 positive and than i work at arbys i work like 3 hrs and my feet hurt so bad like they did when i was 6 months preg with my son and i eat so much more doctors say im not pregnant but i estimated id be about 6 weeks starting wedensday is it too soon to confirm i go wedensday for blood work again and to schedule an ultrasound ! uhh this is frustrating lol i wanna no ! last time i had sex was feb  29th he cummed inside me four timesi have had brown spotting for a week striaght please let me no also in fine in the morning but after i eat my stomach pops out
I have taken a Hpt, a urine test at my clinic on my college campus, an urine test at the local health department all at separate times and they all were positive. But when I went to the doctor, he told me that I showed no signs of pregnancy. I have been extremely nauseated, fatigue is overwhelming, i have had slight cramps, and vomiting sometimes plus my breast has been in a lil pain. I was supposed to be 5 weeks but Im still having symptoms. What do I do? Im jus not normal.
im now 5 weeks pregnant i took 5 home pregnancy tests and they all came back positive, i went to the er and they told me i wasn't pregnant, i told them to take a blood test, after that he comfirmed that i was, so to you i would say don't give up hope. the same thing that happen to you they told me the same thing, but i knew i was pregnant, i just start sleeping alot and sore breast, as well as going to the rest room often.
good luck!!
hi! were u pregnant? i'm going throu the same situation, i took 2 urine tests and were negative, one blood test negative too, im late 1 week and never been late before.
I've have been having pregnancy symptoms nd i went to the e.r they said i have a virus but like i said what kind of virus makes u have pregnancy symptoms
Hi im kylie i had had my tubes cut n tied n i was bleeding for 22 mOnths straight n noone would help in the end i had dnc n i have been passing out n i had a bleed bout 3 weeks ago n a week after i felt realy yuck n my boobs hurt so i took a test and it said positive 2 days later another positive then on the 13 th of june 2012 i had to have scan thaw was requsted by byno befor i took test so the morning of scan i took a 3 rd it said positive but they couldnt see on scan the lady thinks i might just be to early so i went n had blood done n it said negitive so im asking could i just be early n blood didnt pic it up yet im so confused n the dr said having ur tibes done while having a c section isnt very affective so he think i am but just early so please what do i go by
My period is 10 days late but i had a little bleeding yesterday for da first time but it wasnt anymore bleeding after that and the hpt and bloodtest were both negative i want to be Pregnant . . . Do you all think i am ?
Ok so I am soo anxious. My last period ended on June 20th, so I am not due yet. I had unprotected sex on July 2,3,5, and 8. According to my trackers I would have been ovulating around the 2nd and 3rd with the 3rd being my most fertile days. I immediately (a few days later) felt "weird". Very moody, very emotional, couldn't sleep. After eating certain foods I felt like I was going to throw up, and I've been exhausted tired. Since today is only July 11 I thought it was WAY too soon to feel any of this yet, or even "be pregnant" yet. I took three pregnant tests, two negative and one had a very faint positive line which faded away after a minute? ( has this ever happened to anyone?) I have an appt to go see my doctor for a blood test today but I hear they're expensive and I'm afraid it's too early and will get a negative result for this reason, even if I am VERY very early pregnant. I would be thrilled and I have been googling my butt off seeking advice. I have just had this feeling and I can feel it in my bones I'm pregnant. I've been pregnant once before and had no idea I was until I took a test. Any thoughts, advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
hello ladies im in the same situation i have taken 2 HPT and one blood test all negative still have my period every month but i have been getting indigestion dizziness headaches very tired all the time standing on my feet make my legs and feet swell sometimes i have no appetite and feel really nausious  i have gained 25 lbs in the last 4 months and the worst part is that i feel A LOT of movement in my lower abdomen sometimes i feel like im going crazy dont know what to do this would be my 5th child and my 5th C Section any suggestions as to what to do
I am in the same boat as most. I have been pregnant 10 times but only have 3 living. I feel like I am now, but as with my last 2 daughters tests were always negative, including blood tests.  I have taken multiple tests every month to see if I am. they all come back negative. I had bloodwork done the other day and it was negative. my dr insists I am not pregnant. i go for a ct scan thursday morning. if i am pregnant this may harm the baby. if not i hope they can tell me why my stomach is a bit bigger, my boobs are bigger and sore i get naseas, weird cravings, emotional and all the symptoms of being pregnant.
Hello my name is Winter. I have not had my period since may 2012 I have irregular periods but lately they've been having a pattern of every other month. so I was supposed to have recieved my period in July. middle of July I was nausious and had and still having slight cramps. my breasts are tender. I am constipated, tired and get dizzy randomly. I am also enflamed down there...(all of my pregnant freinds and family seem to get enflamed to while preg.) im having some cravings and starting to dislike foods, I NEVER have pms symptoms. I went to get pregnancy blood tests three weeks ago and again two weeks ago but have recieved neg. results. my family has a weird history of having low preg. harmones. is it possible im pregnant or just imagining things? please help!
I would love to be preg. but would not mind if i was not.
you could be preg. the bleeding could have been spotting which occures during pregnancy, you should set up an ultrasound in a month or two
Where you pregnant?? :) I'm having the same issure
HELP! In August I didnt get my period, very unusually because its ALWAYS on time. I took a hand full of tests, all negative, and a blood test at the doctor, also negative. But I FEEL pregnant. Im sick all the time, my boobs are sore, I get fluttering my my stomach all the time, certain smells make it worse and I get dizzy and loss of brethe often. Just recently I started to bleed a darkish brown blood. I just wanna know if I am or not!
I have always had 28-30 day cycles with medium to heavy flow with red blood. This month I started spotting a pink discharge on the 6th,period wasnt due until the 12th. The pink dicharge turned  brown on the 10th.on the 12th I took a urine test,it came up negative.on the 13th did a blood test which also came back negative.the 14th I had heavy bloodflow with small clots and on the 15th through today very very small amounts of pinkish brown discharge spotting again. I feel dizzy,so tired I can barely keep my eyes open,and ive been crampy all month.does anyone know if I could still be pregnant,even after my negative results? It would have been 13 days after ovulation when the tests were done. Thank you.....
Hey ny last period was July 3 nd since then I haven't got my period again I when to the hospital nd I got a blood test but it was negative I did a couple of home test nd they were negative too a few of my girls been telling I look pregnant specially cuz of my belly I have a feeling but the I think about it nd maybe its jst in my head Could a blood test be Negative??
hi im in the same boat i have a thyroid problem and im also on the depo the doctor has just prescribed me something for my neausea had blood test was negative but still have pregnancy symptoms.
hi im 19 days late. had blood work done at my drs and came back neg. Took a pg home test and have a very very faint postitve. Im not sure what to think ? Any advice would be great. Thank you
It most definitely can happen. Here's my story. I knew I was pregnant 3 weeks before I ever got a positive on any test. I had 3 negative blood tests, 1 negative pee test at the dr office, as well as probably 10 negative hpt's. I am now 12 days late and just now got a positive pee test at the dr's. I knew I was pregnant and it wasn't in my head. Just goes to prove trust your body and don't take no for an answer when no one knows your own body better than yourself. And blood tests can be wrong! I have 2 other children and know how my body is when I am pregnant and was right on this one too. Hope this helps.
I've been 49days late, my breast is very sore and I'm picking up weight. I did a blood test and n pregnancy test and both where neg,I'm feeling preggies but I don't know any more. Is it just me or what. Please help.
were you pregnant? I have that SAME situation and cant figure out whats going on!
I missed my period for about 2 months and i started having the nausea and also feeling so tired. I did three home pregnancy tests and then a blood test. all neg. but the thing is my stomach area is already swelling as if im two months along. so now i am going for a ultra sound. as for the test and all that are not always as accurate as the say they are.
K I'm trying not to freak out.  I just had a baby less then 3 months ago and I totally feel pregnant. Cramping and a little spotting, to which I experienced with each of my other pregnancies.   Ive not had my period as i a nursing and The blood test was negative.  So I really don't know what to think.  Get another test in a week or two?
I have been on my period but it only lasted for 4 days! i have been having pains in my lower stomach and the side near my hip!! I keep having dizzy spells and feeling sick i also havnt been eating as much as i used to but i have been sleeping alot, i done a test 2 weeks ago before i came on my period and it came back negitive does anyone know what this could be pregnant
I was diagnosed with PCOS last year, 6 months ago or so. My OBGYN put me on progesterone, 10 per month, and it treated my PCOS, dissolved the cysts, and I was told it would make me more fertile being on it. I have been taking progesterone since August, or Sept 2012, and it's now February 11, 2013. I am 23 days late (since I completed my progesterone pills), and have been having serious symptoms of pregnancy. I had 2-3 early tests I took at home with a plus on them, and all negative after that. I had a blood test taken on Friday the 8th, 21 days, and it came back negative. I feel great, I feel pregnant, and I have a LONG list of symptoms, just as most of the women have posted on here. I have been following up consistently with both OBGYN care, and my regular physicians care. I diagnosed myself as insulin resistant (Type 2 diabetic) also, around that time. One symptom that I have that seems to be strange is that my blood sugar keeps dropping dramatically. Typically pregnant women have the opposite happen. It's like I need to eat for two, I seem to have to eat quite a few more carbohydrates to keep from going hypoglycemic. It's frustrating, because we are trying for a baby, but we would be happy just as we are, it's not a requirement of our marriage and happiness of life to have a baby, we have put it in God's hands, if He feels it is right for us to have more children. I have a 14 year old, and his father died while I was pregnant. I have not tried to have a pregnancy again until the  past 5 years with my second husband now. The PCOS caused me to have so many health issues, not being diagnosed for so many years, H BP H BS, weight gain, lack of ability to lose weight. Since I began treated PCOS, I have lost 40 pounds, my blood pressure is the lowest it has been in way more years than I can count,  I brought my A1C blood sugar level from 8.1 down to 5.8 in just a matter of a few months! I have been managing my "diabetes" with NO meds, and still low sugar levels. I believe I am 3 weeks pregnant, give a few days. I am going to my OBGYN tomorrow, so we will see if she has any other explanation to these weird test results, and why this is happening to me. I pray that I am indeed pregnant though. Wish I could definitively say so right now! Any one have any ideas why we have such weird happenings in our bodies?
Follow-up on my comments above, I also had oral surgery, removing a tooth 3 weeks ago, and have been on antibiotics. My urgency in getting a definitive answer stems from the fact that I am diabetic (supposedly, now I wonder...). I want to be sure that if i am pregnant, that I take the precautions that are necessary to keep the baby. I am doing everything as if I am pregnant, just in case, because I would never do anything to endanger the life of an unborn child.  I wonder if I just have so little hormonal levels to be read. I am going to go with my gut, and I will post again, after I get my answers. I hope that you all get peace as well.
I think I am in the same situation, or very close to the same situation as you. Since I began taking progesterone, I have had cycles very regularly, on time, the day after I stop taking them. It is the only thing I am taking tho, nothing else. I have an OBGYN appt. tomorrow, I hope she has better news to help me understand all of this. Best wishes
I'm having the same thing my period was a week late I started bleeding but with no cramps not heavy or with blood clots(uterine lining) went to doc n blood test was negative except I know my body it would be my first baby I just need help, I have tha symptoms just not the results I want to hear HELP
I am also is the same situation i am now 9 days
Late and had a blood test and it was negative and urine tests and all three negative my partner and i have been trying for about three months and i am never late on my period and i have had no signs of my period aka cramps but have got sensitive nipples this friday coming up if i still havent gotten my period then i havr to go back to the doctors for more bloods i wish all you ladies the best of luck i have my fingers crossed :)
im 16 and ive been having the symptoms, the last time i has intercourse was 2 months ago, im scaredim pregnant, ive had two negatives but something is just different, i feel the same as a lot of pregnant woman have described, what should i do?
Hi. Im also freaking out! We have been trying for 4 years; had 2 mc - both around 6 weeks I had to have D&C for recent one. Now I totally feel pregnant. I think conception was 22.02.13 when I was fertile, then husband been away since then. As I have had normal periods since (although the last one was really bad cramping and only lasted 3 days) I was waiting till he gets home in 3 days to try again. I really want children, but I dont think my body is tricking me into thinking Im pregnant, as Ive been waiting for hubby to come home. Now I have major pregnancy symptoms. Extreme nausea, fatigue, recently started being sick if I eat anything other than chicken soup and today my bbs are sore. 4 hpt negative, dr took full bloods for thyroid etc and all negative and she did preg test which was negative. Dr no idea whats wrong... What do I do now? Its driving me crazy. Should I get u/s just incase?
Hi there, i am very depro at this stage.

I have been 18 days late (are never ever late), done 2 HPT's and both negative, went for a blood test at the doctor and also came back negative. I have experienced little bit of spotting a week ago and feel every now and then nauscious and get headaches more often.

Please can someone help.
Is it possible that the blood test can be faulty? I was really excited about this because its my first time and I have been trying for the last 3 years now and after the negative blood test, it made me feel down in the dumps again.

I have PCOS too... the docs have said to keep trying and that nothing is certain and to come back after trying for 6 months if nothing has happened... Im 55 days since my last period and 27 days late... ive been feeling very nauseous and a very bad metallic taste in my mouth... taken 4 home pregnancy test and all came negative.. and for the last 2 days having a severe lower back ache which is unbearable.. the doctor took blood 2 days ago and i have a scan for tomorrow... i dunno whats going on
My last period was February 4 2013. In I a take home pregnancy test in it came out positive
then I was at the doctors last month in take a blood test in it came out negative can I still be pregnant?
im in the same boat as most people here! my last period was feb 13th i am now 3months late and have never been this late before. i have dont lots of hpt and have all came bak negative i have just recemtly done a blood test at my doctors and they said everything was normal im not pregannt! im also having a few not many symptoms like: bloating, constipation, cramping tiredness and nausea and very sore boobs especially when its cold! i now dont know what to do or what to belive? is there still a possibility i could be pregnant? why havent i had a period in over 3 months?
how did you figure out u were pregnant if all the test came out negative?
Hi. Just wondering if your period came? A lot of times if you exercise a lot or jog/run that can delay your period. I know several women this happened including myself. One friend couldn't get pregnant and I knew she ran 5 to 10 miles a day. I told her to start walking and in a month or so she got pregnant. So if you want to get pregnant stop running, if not keep it up. Anyway, don't know if thats helpful.
i feel like im in the same boat as you! I'm bout 3 weeks late and thats never been me to do this. I'm having all kinds symtoms (symptoms)! Fatigue, dizziness, nausa, threw up few times, boobs sore for 2 weeks. Something isnt right. One test i did showed very faint but posative. Went to dr first showed like it was trying to posative but not all the way. did another negative, an just did blood test same day and called this am said everything looked normal, nothing off and im not pregnant. I dont understand why id b feeling all these symptoms and late late period when iv never had any of this before, very weird. I just want answers.feel discouraged.
Hi can someone please help me. I just took my first blood pregnancy test today and it said I was off by 2 and I don't know what that means. I have taken multiple HPTs also a few clinic tests and the very first one came out positive but now everyone is coming out negative that I take but I know I'm pregnant because my body tells me that I am and I even have a bump. I've tried getting a doctors appointment but they all say I'm not pregnant due to the urine tests coming out negative. My the way my stomach is protruding I should be almost their. Please help me I'm really confused.
I had a negative blood pregnancy test in hospital and 3 negative hpt's. I was 3 1/2 weeks late on my period and very symptomatic! I just KNEW I was pregnant.. even though all the tests came out negative! As a woman, you know your body! I waited a week and a half and then re-tested! This time I received a very faint positive result on a hpt. I had taken it at night, so I re-tested in the morning with the first morning urine. Very dark positive! Some women's bodies just don't build the hcg hormone as quickly as others and require more time to produce enough of it to test positive for pregnancy! Good luck all!
I am also having pregnant symptoms. I'm having const. And hightened smells, headaches, cramps, low back pain, gas, bloating, have to pee often, tired as hell. But I took a home preg test n a blood test and both came out negative. I just feel different somehow. Like somethings not right. I'm 25 and this will hopefully be my first pregnancy but I'm soooo confused please help me.  Plus I'm on ssi and will have to move if I'm pregnant and buy a car so I need to kno asap HELP ME PLEASE?
Thank you for sharing your story.  I have pcod too! I went to the dr last week because my period didn't come the whole month of November which is the first time that has ever happened for the past couple of years. I am incredibly tired every day to the point where it seems I sleep or very sleepy the majority of the day. I've never felt this exhausted in my life,  and there's no other reason why I should feel this tired. Anyway, my pregnancy test was negative, and for some odd reason she didn't offer a bloodtest, but I'm going to demand to have one done asap! I'm kind of afraid because the dr said if my cycle doesn't start by the middle of this month, she's going to give me meds to make me ovulate, but I don't want to start anything without knowing completely sure I'm not preggo.
This exact same thing happened to me! I hadn't missed a period in a very lobg time, but I missed all of Nov. and still had not gotten one. Went to tge dr and she gave me a preg test that was neg. She didn't give me a blood test which I thought was very odd, but I was so disappointed from the - urine test that it didn't cross my mind to ask for one. I'm going to call and schedule a blood test asap. I have been EXTREMELY fatigued to the point where all I want to dois sleep, and that's so unlike me.
Hi I have been trying to get pregnant for a while, I had a blood test on wed the 4th because I'm having endometriosis surgery on fri. It was negative.  I was suppose to start on the 5 th  today is the 9 th. Last night I started cramping like I was starting, I went to the bathroom, all that was there was a spot slightly tented brown like from old blood it was very fant. But I have yet to start. My breast are extremely sensitive, nause on and off. Does anyone have any ideas, could I be pregnant? Calling my dr Monday
hi my name is tiffany i had my last period in oct 17 and it lasted for 4 days which is normal for me and i havent had a period since i took two home test that was positive and had a blood test that was negitive i have symptoms of being prego heart burn feeling sick to my stomache diherreaha could i be pregnate even though i got a negitive blood test ive only missed one period should i wait to push the issue futher with the doctor
The Jen989, sounds like we got the same problem. I too have the mirina IUD and I'm positive I'm about 4 months pregnant. I've done 4 home tests two of which were positive (first two) and two negative (last two), and also a blood test at the doc and came back negative. I have gained weigh most in my stomach which is really odd because thats the part of me that was always the skinny/flat part of me. I'm never been an eater but now everything taste good. I feel movement in my stomach daily, plus I have many other symptoms of pregnancy. This would be my first baby, and though I feel totally really, I'm scear of what the IUD might do the the baby if there is one growing inside me. I have a doc appoiment for this week to get my IUD removed so all I can do now is wait:(
BLOOD PREGNANCY TESTS CAN BE WRONG!!  This is known as a "Cryptic Pregnancy".  Women who experience this NEVER get a positive test. I have created a support group for this on Facebook called "Cryptic Pregnancy Support Group".
How did u eventually find out you pregnant?