Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Can anyone who had a period while pregnant share

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Viewing 201-230 comments:
There is a tea by Crystal Star that you can get online. houseofnutrition.com has that best price. My sister and her husband decided to TTC and after about 4 months (she doesn't ovulate regularly) she got pregnant. She has two beautiful little girls. She followed the directions and it worked like a charm. There are several other women hat I know of that have had success with the tea. I'm hoping I'm one of them and your post gives me hope :-). Thanks, Cassandra
I am really confused ! So I thought I might be 3-4 weeks pregnant. I have been very bloated & my breasts are sore + I have stretch marks I have never had on them before. Then yesterday evening I started bleeding like my period I also had pains above my pubic bone. The blood was watery and pinkish, to red, & brown. I have no idea what is going. I took countless pregnancy test + went to the doctor & all test came out neg. I had unprotected sex sept. 9th . Can anyone please help me ?!
i had sex on the 17th of september, i took the morning after pill. about 2 weeks after i'd had sex i had a couple days of brownie discharge and wen my period was due on the 5th or 6th of oct it didn't come yet i felt nauseous and i was having headaches and getting cramps and lower back pain. i've also been more tired and more emotional and some foods are making me feel sick, but i dunno if that matters. then on sunday 9th oct at about 9pm i got a little pink spit of blood then the next day i got a little more blood and then the same today. i dunno if this means anything or im just bein paranoid but i really thought i was pregnant wen i was late and i really want to be, my life is going down hill at the moment and if i had a baby, something of my own that i could love more than anything. it's stupid but i know im born to be a mum lol
I'm pregnant with my third child and I think I'm like 2 mo. I haven't had any cramping, but when went to the bathroom I wiped myself I had a little bit of blood and it was bright red after that I didnt have nothing, and now the third day I have dark blood but no cramping please somebody tell me if that's normal??
Hi I had my period just like a real period bright red some time spotting n I was 4m but my doctor keep say no way... but its true yu can have a period in b Prego

I have been haveing a very light period for the last three months. Normally my period is at least 5 days and heavy. My last three periods were- One month was 2 days, The next month was 1 and 1/2 days, And the third month was 3 days. They have also been unusually light. I am on a birth control pill but I occasionally forget to take it. My docter thinks my light period is due to my birth control even though I have been on it for over two years and it has never affected my period.. And now I am getting stretch marks on the sides of my belly button!! I have taken several HPT and they are all negative. My husband thinks I am just worrying about it to much.. Any thoughts?
two months ago i startes to get really sore, huge nipples with bright blue veins, i never get sore boobs so i started to think it was pregnancy, two days later i had a brown mucas that lasted four days it come the day before my period was due. last month i had a light period that was bright red it lasted 3 days when my period is normally 6 days. this month my period was due almost a week ago when normally its a 28 day cycle thats very regular- my boobs are still aching like crazy my nipples are so sensative, my mood swings are everywhere also ive noticed excessiv saliva? HELP!
hi. I am 20 yrs old, and about a month and a half ago i had unprotected sex with my ex-guy friend, and have had some symptoms that lead me to believe i may be pregnant. i was pregnant once before a few years ago, but due to stress from my boyfriend cheating on me, and that i was preg. and alone, caused me to miscarry. i remembered the early symptoms though, so here goes...

for the past few weeks i have been nauseous in the mornings, experiencing drastic mood swings, cravings, and feeling very emotional. . . . i don't know!!

all i know is, something feels different about my body, and i took a test, but then i started my period a few days after!! maybe my period being about to start affected the results? so, i'm planning to wait a week after my period ends, then testing again. i don't know....
hi, im not really sure what to say but me and my husband has been tryin to have a baby a few months after we got married march 18 of this year but now i have started to develope some symptoms that i cant explain. My husband has been feeling some morning/night sickness and has started craving some weird food like ice cream with peppers and ect. and i started to notice that a month before in october 2011 i started to spot a little when i went to the restroom but i thought nothing of it so later that month i had got my period except it lasted longer that my normal three days it last a whole week and a day so i just scrugged it off so afterwards i had started to develope a bigger breast size i started going to sleep a whole lot earlier than usual and i started to have moods swings lately and now my period is on and when it started it was light with a little bit of brown discharge but now its a fire red color and im not cramping please tell me whats going on wit me
my wife is a few weeks pregnant, last night she has little bleeding as her period would have been due. but today she says it was very heavy... shes been reading on the net and she is very upset that its a miscarriage and doesnt want to go see docs straight away give it a day or so.

i just want to know whether there are another mothers who have had heavy periods during first 2-3 weeks pregnancy?

thanks.
Hi everyone I am taking clomid to try and get pregnant yesterday I had light pink blood only when I wiped myself after using the bathroom my period isn't do untill tommrow today I have light bleeding on a tampon not enough to fill it . My normal period is heavy and this one is early and very light do u think I could be pregnant?
HI, MY NAME IS TYESHA AND THIS IS MY FIRST TYME VISITING DIS SIGHT I HAVE A CONCERN THAT I HAVE THREE KIDS AND MY YOUNGEST IS 4 SO DATS WEN I GOT MY TUBES JUS TIED SO DEY BEEN TIED FOR FOUR YRS SO IN OCT OF 2011 I HAD MY CYCLE WHICH WAS VERY HEAVY AND THEN NOV CAME AND I DINT HAVE A CYCLE AT ALL BT THEN LIKE I STARTED HAVING MORNING SICKNESS NEUSEA AND ALOT OF WEIGHT GAIN AND MY APPETITE INCREASED AND STILL IS AND THREW OUT THE DAYZ I HAVE A SICKING FEELING LIKE IM BOUT TO THROW UP WEN I SEE OR SMELL CERTAIN THINGS BT LIKE NOW DEC IS HERE MY CYCLE CAME BT IT WAS HEAVY AT ALL N IT WAS BRIGHT RED AND DA SAME SYMPTOMS I WAS HAVIN MONTHS AGO I STILL HAVE THEM INCLUDING HAVING TO USE DA BATHROOM ALOT WELL CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY SITUATION......
I think I'm pregnant, but I have cramps, reading your postings make me worrie I dicide to wait and see if I get my period, I'm not sick, I just get a bit nusaus and I'm swollen up, I just want to sleep, I feel like I have butterflies in my stomac...I thought I got my period but last month I started 2weeks late and this month it looks like old blood like the end of my period, can someone tell me what I'm up against? Coz I'm to sceared to take a test and that the test will be negatief coz me and my husband to be are trying for 7 months now to get pregnant...
Hey, I could be pregnant, I have cramps and it feels like my period is about to come, but its like 3 hours back the cramps started, but still nothing, its I little bit of looks light red blood almost like I'm done with my period like old blood that's coming out...can someone help? I'm to sceared to take a test and that the test will show negative, me and my husband to be are trying for 7months now...
Hi can sumone please help me a had unprotected sex on the 29th ov december which was one week and 5days ago and am due my period til next week and am bleeding like anrmal period but am gettin cramp headaches bloatin peeing more and so boobs a have got a funny feeling i cud be pregnant is it possible cqn sumone help meplease tyank you
Ok, I have read a LOT of different opinions and I'm about to state some facts. I have a 9 year old daughter and i had a PERIOD YES A FULL PERIOD EVERY MONTH UNTIL I WAS 5 MONTHS WITH HER... she was born healthy and doc said these things happen sometimes. I mean full pads, clots the WHOLE NINE. now I';m 8 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and guess what I'M STILL GETTING MY PERIOD. EVERY WOMAN is different... we are not doctors and even they don't have the answers. All i can say is listen to your body, if you feel different go with it and get a blood test because hpt are SO UNRELIABLE!!!! Good luck moms and future moms....
My periods are off but I just went 10 weeks with out a period I took hot and 1st one came out positive then took another and it came out negative this week I started my period first it was like old blood for few days then it turn to bright red and there are small clots that come out. What should I do and am I pregnant or not
Im going through the exact same thing right now. Im going for hcg quantiy this is the 2nd one ....im really nervous
I had a miscarriage 7 weeks ago...then last week I started my period 3 days ago I found out I'm pregnant again but I'm still bleeding from period????anybody know why and how this is possible?
Hi there, me and my husband had unprotected sex for the past 2 weeks 2-3 times a day (He was home for his R&R), I came on my period 3 days ago but it is lighter than normal and I had no period pain and still don't, get occasion cramping type feeling, headaches, pain in my side and nausea.....could I be pregnant?
Ive had nausea for 3 months know and most to all the symptoms of being pregnant plus ive had my period do you think i could be pregnant? any info helps me.
Hi, I'm 23 years old. The last time my boyfriend and I had sex was March 3, 2012. I was due for my period on March 10. I didn't get it til March 17, but when I got it, it was very light and had no symptoms at all. My period is always on time and heavy but this time it was lighter. I've been having weird symptoms: always tired, weird metal taste in my mouth, morning sickness, some smells get me queasy, dizziness, feeling bloated in my lower abdomen, etc. I took a pregnancy test on March 14th and it came out negative. Can I still be pregnant? Should I take another test?
Just to give all you ladies some reassurance here, it is possible that anyone who is experiencing any pregnancy symptoms to be pregnant even if you are still experiencing a menstrual period. The reason why pregnancy tests read as negative when a woman is pregnant (if it turns out she is pregnant whether she knows it or not), is because the HCG levels are low. I've heard of actual cases where women took pregnancy tests where they later discovered they were pregnant all along and it showed up as reading negative, even a case of a woman who did an experiment of trying a test one week prior to the delivery of her baby and that showed up negative because her HCG levels were low. The best way to confirm if you are pregnant is by taking a blood test at the hospital or a clinic to confirm it. If that fails to confirm that you are (I have heard of cases where a blood test isn't 100% reliable), then get a sonogram done to see if there is a fetus there. I'm amazed at the TV show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant", the episodes that feature particularly the women who had their full-on menstrual periods (3-5 days or however long a normal cycle is, each woman's cycle varies), and the woman who was slightly overweight who didn't know at all that she was pregnant until the day she gave birth (and she was getting her regular periods throughout her pregnancy and was even on her period the day she gave birth!). I personally know of 2  friends who had their REGULAR monthly periods during the first 3 months of their pregnancies. They both didn't even have a clue that they were pregnant because having their full, normal monthly periods made them not even suspect it. The only reason they found out is because they were easily getting tired and were told by friends and/or family that they looked pregnant although they weren't yet showing. Sure enough they went in for a blood test and that confirmed it for them. They each delivered a healthy baby boy, one of them being born yesterday afternoon. So there you have it! It sonetimes just happens that a women gets a period while pregnant whether she knows she's pregnant or not. And none of you are crazy at all, you know your body better than anyone else. And for anyone being critical about this subject in this forum, please think before you criticize, you wouldn't really know unless it happened to you.
It's very possible you might just be pregnant from the symptoms you're describing. The light period you're describing could be what's called "implantation bleeding" which is lighter than a normal period and occurs when the embryo implants into the uterus. I've pasted a link below so you can see what I'm talking about.

http://wikiparenting.parentsconnect.com/wiki/Implantation_Bleeding
It's possible you might be pregnant. Try a hpt even if you've already done one. If the result is negative, get a blood test and if that is negative, if you suspect you still are, get a sonogram done.
Ok... If anyone can shed some light on whats going on with me I would be greatfull...... Me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant for 6 wks now..... We started the wk of march 13th the folllowing week I had a contiunes headace for about a week and a half, I just thought it was allergies I did no know it could be a symptom of being pregnant...... in the second week of trying I started what I though was my period but It was very light and only lasted 3 days (In all 3 day I might have filled a pad). I took a hpt when I finished but it was neg. Into week 3 i felt what I would call a hungry nuases feeling all day and that has continued and is still a symptom..... I week 4 & 5 I felt just aggrevaited and have been very moody...... I am now in week 6 and just started bleeding again on wednesday, it is now friday and I am whats seem to be stopping again (very light spotting).... My stomach seem to be a little bigger not much and I have gained like 6 lbs....... In wk 4 I took two more hpt's but they were neg and one in wk 5 but that was neg too. I dont know if these changes are all in my head or if I should schedule a doctors app. Has anyone else had this happen and has found out they were really pregnant???
????
HI!   I just recently went off the pill and missed 3 pills and this is during my ovulation week...My boyfriend n I had sex which was the 23 May...Yesterday which was Saturday I started my period so I am thinking my body is confused and is shedding the lining.....Could I still be pregnant?  I know it might be too soon to have pregnancy symptoms since it is so early....Last year I got pregnant unbeknownst to me and I was 12 weeks pregnant.....Didn't skip a pill....Had to abort the baby though...
NEED HELP im new i have just had a period but having high symptoms ov pregnancy
I had my period on the middle days of September and the I had sexual relationship with my partner on November 2 but again I had another period on November 6 which was 2 weeks early.  Does this mean I'm pregnant?
It could mean just about anything - more then likely just an irregular cycle.

You do not actually have your period while pregnant.  A period is the shedding of your uterine lining, not possible when pregnant.  What some women refer to as their period is bleeding during early pregnancy.  Lot's of women experience this, but it isn't an actual period.

The only way to know for certain if you are pregnant is to take a home pregnancy test.
I missed my period completely last month (7/21)and i started on 8/1. However, i still feel very tired, nauseoys and dizzy. Could i be pregnant?
I have the same exact problem and I'm 17 please help if you get any answers !
Hello everyone,
I'm sixteen, and missed my period for two months! (My last period was june 1st) No spotting or anything i took pregnancy tests 1 blood and 3 urine all witch came back negative but i had pretty much all the symptons for being pregnant, sore breats, nausea, higher temp, mood swings, bloating, when i feel below my belly button it even feels hard. I was so confused, everyone said that my hcg levels were probably not high enough yet. But monday night (9-1-13) morning i started spotting, it was a light brown-reddish color, then yesterday morning (9-2-13) i started bleeding and had small blood clots, now today im bleeding heavier still with small blood clots, but no pain what so ever. Im concidering going to the hospital and looking up related storries to mine, could i be pregnant, or could i have miscarried!? Help please anyone, very much appriciated!!!
Yes u can have a period while pregnant don't let anybody say you can't I was two months  still having regular periods I was  having morning sickness but no positive test so the only thing I thouhgt was that I was just really getting sick  but the 3rd month I had a three day period still no positive results 4 months in my period stopped and I was finally able to get a positive test crazy right so yes periods do still come when pregnant that wasnt implantation bleeding I don't like when people think they know something but really don't know jack
Hello Ladies! I've somewhat fallen into the same category.
I have had all of the symptoms as if I was pregnant (Sore breasts/nipples, backaches, abdominal pain, etc.). But along with those, I've also gained some symptoms that are not so not so normal, such as watery stools, frequent commuting, hot flashes and chills, and also started what I think is my period?
I have always had irregular periods that always seem to come at the most strangest times.
But something tells me that I am pregnant. Even before this period, my body was making me believe I was pregnant. I still have a feeling that I am, but since I started bleeding yesterday morning, I'm not quite sure.
I haven't taken a test yet either.
But I was hoping one of you ladies could help me figure this out a little more?
Ok. So I had my daughter 7 months ago. And I haven't been put on anything to prevent me from getting pregnant (if it happens it ment to be) but I did have irregular periods before I was prego until like the last 2 months before I was prego. And now after I had her they regulated out. And I usaly start between the 19-23. Well I started on Aug. 23 it was normal. And then I started 2 weeks later on Sept. 11 and it lasted 7 days it was lightbut still more than dooring like a light flow. but it was dark red and brown (my periods has always been 3 days after I had my daughter) then I wiped today on Sept.24 and had some bright red bleeding. I wiped 2 time and then it is gone. I also had some clear mucus (like ovulation)  and I thought it was just ovulation on the 11th but it was more than spotting so my health depth. Told me it proble wasn't I was just getting my period early but now I am spotting on the day I'm suppost to get it. I have had headache. Witch I usually do when I'm about to start. I have has slight cramps not bad but slight. And I been nausea the past week. And been falling asleep when my daughter does. Any suggestins?
Hi I had sex during ovulation period and also after. I recently had sex 3days straight b4 I magically came on my period 5days early. I had bad cramps as always and it lasted about 4days then the 5day i didn't need a tampon. But once I went to the bathroom I was bleeding alil bit. And for two to three days I had to wear a pantie liner.  My appetite has been light,  hardly having one. I been having headaches, stomach has been hurting, been feeling hot throughout the day and my lower back has been hurting when I lay down. I took 3 pregnancy test b4 my period all negative.  I went to the hospital, the Dr checked me and said you have to take a pregnancy test. Came back negative.  Gave me tylenol and sent me home. Now it's almost a week later and everyday I'm very tired and always feel like I'm sick. Can anyone help me? What should I do?
My period was suppose to start on the 13th it didn't start until the 21st so that made me like 7 days late I took 4 test between the 14th and the 17th all negative and I had no cramping or anything it just came out of no where's he day before I started I was throwing up but when I started it was very light red/pink and my flow wasn't as heavy as normal also I've had a few blood clots since yesterday but today I there was no blood on the pad only when I wipe I've been nauseas and extremely tired!  Any ideas?
Hi.

I am about to buy a pregnancy test very soon. I had sex Aug 21, 2013.About four days later I had brownish thick discharge for about 4 days. I have no STDs. So a month later Sept. 23th 2013 I started my period, or what I want to believe is my period. It lasted about 3 days. The first day pinkish/red lighter than my normal period. The second day, it was still light pink with small blood clots. I use tampons so only the tip of it had blood which was then a little brown also. The third day was thick fading brown. I normally have a period Sunday through Sunday at the end of the month. Usually it will last most of those days, longer than three days. About 3 weeks after sex my stomach was sore when I touched it, as if I had a bruise for about 2 days then it went away. During my recent period that was 3 days, I was getting chills and hot flashes. I'm not sure if I am or not, I usually try to pay close attention since I have been pregnant before and had bad morning sickness but I did not have that child.. so anyways. I do not have morning sickness or sore breast. I have been emotional, backaches and headaches. I'm kind of worried if I am or not since this was with a "friend with benefits" who now has a girlfriend. Gee :/
OK so I had sex about 2 weeks ago and I was spotting a few days after that then it went away. I had sex again 3 days ago and the next day my period came idk what's going on I need help could I possibly be pregnant what's going on with me I'm scared to find out but I know I need to find out
I started my period the 23rd 3 days early, it was very light then got very heavy & I started having very bad cramps to where I almost started crying, I called the nurses hotline too see what was wrong well they just told me too go to the er but couldn't:( well Saturday the 28th I my period stopped then I got a shower & put a panty liner on & I checked it & I had brownish spotting on it, me & my fiancés been trying too get pregnant for 5 months, can someone tell me if I can possibility be pregnant? Fingers crossed
hi I feel like we all can relate I got my period or what I taught was my period on the 16th it was suppose to come on the 15th it was different from my normal period which is very light this one was bright red and a little heavy/pink/and light brown lasted5 days then stopped the next day there was nothing then the day after I spotted light brown for 3-4 days then got a lot of white discharge with a really strong odour not bad but diff from the usual I talked to a 3 psychics and they all predicted twins what coincidence I have about 3/4 of all the pregnancy sign and symptoms which are weird never had some of these before I really feel I am pregnant thou and that blood was probably decidual bleeding which most say are mostly common with twins if I am pregnant thou I am about 5-6 weeks and my stomach is aready swelling and has a kind of bumpy shape it feels so weird to me WOW! I took a test and it was negative thou but I know my body really well I feel sooooooooooo pregnant so am going to the doc to get an altrasound and blood test and I am ttc so keep me in your prays. . .this would me my 1st baby and I am really faithful that the almighty has sent me a blessing!!:)) TONS OF BABYDUST TO YOU LADIES TTC AM PRAYING FOR YOU JUST STAY FAITHFUL ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WHEN YOU BELIEVE.
So, I started my period two days early this month. I usually bleed heavy but im actually only feeling up about a tampon a day. I startrd feeling sick three days before my period came and now that im four days into it, I still get sick and the sickness goes away around noon. My breast feel heavy and full. Iv been pregnant twice before but miscarried the second one about 6 months ago. Could I be pregnant and have a period? Any response would be great!
Did you ever take a home pregnancy test before your periods stopped and you found out you were pregnant and if so did they come back negative? Also were you in the 5 month ever early or late on your periods ?
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR STORY-I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.
Hi I'm 15 almost 16 and my boyfriend has been getting worried because I have been having morning sickness i guess. I'm scared to death, I'm shacking just writhing this:( but I've been getting sick in the mornings and to some foods that I love make me throw up! And smells of some food like even on the bus this morning. I had my period and it ended about three days before I started having these simptoms... But it was a unusual period very light and then normal like again and the spotting like brown and dark red. We've been using condoms but one broke and we have pulled out a few times, I'd like more then anything for someone to tell me that I'm not pregnant but please tell me if its any way possible! I'm freaking out my nerve are going crazy I'm shacking I wanna cry I can't be pregnant can I?! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP !!!
i have just had a baby 1 year ago and me and my boyfriend have been wanting another i had a weird period then a regular one but just im nausea cant eat i have a head ace always overly emotional heart burn and i got a regular bright red period but still feel all these symptoms  
hi I had intercourse the day I saw bleeding which was in fact my period, but now I have been having bad stomach pains and im not having periods properly and just have brown markings for a few days. iv been trying for a baby for 3 years but had luck,but had a miscarriage. I also booked an appointment to see the doctor as im so desperate to have  baby please help
hi don't be scared of anything just get a pregnancy test or visit your local chemist or go straight to the hospital and there will help you. or speak to your doctor over the phone in confidental
Viewing 201-230 comments: