Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Can you get pregnant even though you started your period

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

so, i had protected sex on wednesday and started my period friday. the condom so happened to break but i am afraid he didnt pull out while ejaculating meaning there still is a chance of getting pregnant. i began friday but this monday morning all of a sudden quit bleeding.

does the sudden halt of my period have anything with a possible pregnancy?
can i get pregnant even though i bled normally for 2/3 days?
what are the chances of a pregnancy?
i did drink alcohol and work out does that prevent a pregnancy or help reduce the chances?
No you cannot get pregnant while on your period because you're not ovulating then.

You ovulate approx 14 days before your period starts
You will not get pregnant having unprotected sex that close to your period starting. You would have needed to have had sex during ovulation, which happens mid cycle for most women and then they get their period 10-14 days AFTER ovulation not before like stated above. However, since you don't know when you ovulate then really there is no safe time to be having sex and you should be using protection at all times.
What I said and what you said are the exact same. I stated you ovulate approx 14 days before your period starts.

You stated you get your period 10-14 days after you ovulate.
Sorry I must apologise! I was reading your comment too quickly whist reading the post too! I was sure yours said after your period - multitasking is not my friend today after less than 4 hours sleep last night!
lol no worries

Sleep is one of those much-needed things in life, but unfortunately it doesn't always come easy
thats so comforting to know :) thank yall soooo much cause iv still been freaking out. thank yall again (:
Need advise?? The beginning of my last period was oct.26th, I had unprotected sex on my ovulation day nov 9th then on sat nov 19th I started
having pink discharge then stopped the next day I had dark brown discharge plus pregnancy symptoms all this time my period starts nov 23 but two days before I started to have small bright red discharge but not as heavy like my usual period I feel bleeding flow but still not heavy small amounts and having cramps so my question is could I still be pregnant and bleeding at same time?? I'm kinda dealing out not sure to take a pregnancy test or is it really having a light period for this month?? I do have two friends that had their period and were pregnant so I don't know what to do? Has anyone had a similar situation or close to it and what do you guys think! thanks need advise????
If you continue bleeding like this, then it's unlikely you're pregnant. I know you said you had 2 friends who still had there period and were pregnant but this is simply not possible. They would have had vaginal bleeding for whatever reason but it was not a period. If the flow stops or continues to be strange then take a test. But if it's negative then try not to worry, a cycle be different for no reason so it's nothing to worry about.
U cud be pregnant u cudhave mistaken ure period for spotting just to be on the safe side take a test and for the future get on some reliable birth control good luck