Chances of pregnancy on Junel Fe 1/20?
have been taking Junel Fe 1/20 (28 day) hormonal birth control since November 2017. I am currently still taking it and have had normal periods throughout my time on the pill during the placebo (iron pills) week. I should probably also add that I am a stickler for taking my pills at the same time for pregnancy prevention since I am a student in college. I take my pill every night at 10:15 pm exactly. Here's where my concern comes in. I had sex on May 29th and the condom got stuck inside of me. I had what appeared to be a normal period following that incident and since then have been extremely cautious of condom usage with my boyfriend. During June and July, I had sex also but with a condom and there were no situations of worry. Towards the end of July, I started feeling some cramping, constipation, and breast tenderness (which I assumed was my body preparing for my period). I received my period for the month of August on the 15th and it was weird. It started off with some brown spotting and slowly made its way to the normal flow that I was used to, but it was dark red and brown in color and lasted for only 3 days. Since then, I have still had the breast tenderness and increased cramping on my lower right side. I have taken over 7 pregnancy tests and all have given me a negative result. Do you think that this is pregnancy related? My body should be adjusted to the hormones in the pill by now correct?
Hi.  That's for your well articulated question!  Here are my thoughts.  You are wise and take your pill correctly.  It should be working to protect you.  Periods during the sugar pill aren't actually true periods because you never ovulated most likely.  They are a reaction to no pill in your system, so a difference in balance and on comes the bleeding.  It's probably lighter than pre birth control, right?  *often it is.  Anyway, our body also makes hormones on its own.  So, we can have a hormonal shift even when we are manipulating our hormones with birth control. Does that make sense?  Between the condoms and the pill, you are very likely NOT Pregnant but just having a hormonal blip.  good luck
Thank you so much for answering with clarity!