Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Confused!

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Confused!

On the 22nd of march I had a surgical abortion, reasons being my partner didnt want it and I'm in my first year at uni, I panicked and did what I thought was sensible. However the day after I realised how much I did want my baby and I'm so desperate to get pregnant again. It's been 5 weeks since and I've had slight cramps and back ache, I thought I was getting my period but I've only had brown spotting.. Could I be pregnant again or is it just something that happens as my body gets itself back to normal?
I'm not sure but I think it would take your body a while to get back to normal.  Did the doctors tell you when you should get your period again?
I was told it could take up to six weeks, I wasn't really given much information so I just expected my period to come back just as normal. I really want to be pregnant again so I think I'm just getting my hopes up!
your normal period may come after 2 months after termination. take a test to make sure.
That is most likely your body getting back to what is normal. I would really wait a few months and try again, IF that's indeed what you want, but truly think about it.
After a miscarriage or abortion your body is extremely firtile, for about 2-3 months depending on how far along you were, due to the amount of hormones that are still in your body from pregnancy, it is possible your pregnant, but it also child be the way your body reacts to the situation. It could be your body returning to normal, the only way  be sure is to see your doctor, and get a pregnancy test done. You may need a blood test, because like i said the pregnancy hormones are still there and a urine test is likely to come back posative either way.
I had two miscarriages and had to have a d&c with each. After my first o was pregnant again before 3 months could go by. After the second d&c I had it done on April 30th and on June 5th I got a positive on a home pregnancy test. I didn't even have a period yet. And I went on to have healthy full term pregnancies.
Thank you for your feedback :)
Yes the spotting is something that happens afterwards and it may take several months for it to be regular and that's after abortion, miscarriage, or a live birth
i heard once you have an abortion you can right away get pregnant again :S
Every woman is different. I had a m/c and had a D&C and I got pregnant 5 months after. But like mamaof4 said she was pregnant within 3 months! So it just depends on your fertility, sweetie. I highly highly suggest you give your body time to heal AND give yourself time to grieve before trying actively to get pregnant again. Just for your physical and mental health. Losing a baby is traumatizing no matter how it happens. Good luck
Hey I don't blame you! I had two (big mistake) but what's done is done, and If you realized it was a mistake after then good for you! Good luck!
You're very fertile after pregnancy so if you had unprotected sex afterwards there's a chance. But also, I went through the same thing. I bled for weeks and was in pain for weeks as Well. Your body may not fully recover until after at least 2 cycles. You can even miss your cycles. I had problems with my egg cell count afterwards too and I took prenatal and stayed off bc and bow I'm 11+ pregnant. So I hope this is encouraging.
Its possible u can b pregnant so I would take a hpt I heard of plenty of times ppl getting pregnant right after abortions miscarriages & pregnancies but as in some cases spotting brown could just mean ur body is getting back 2 normal & u could getting your period soon.  :)
I've had two miscarriages had a period right after and never had another i was pregnant within a month of both of them but i also suffered a lot through both of my full term pregnancies i was horribly sick had to be hospitalized a combination of at least 50 times and with my second (my son) i had to have 5 surgeries one on my gallbladder and 4 on my kidneys not to mention i suffered from the worst morning sickness the whole time with both of them which was the major reason for all the hospital stays bcuz ofdehydration i do agree with some of the other posts here about giving your body time too heal i had my son almost 5 years ago and now I'm 16+6 weeks with my third baby and this pregnancy had gone by a lot smoother than my other two I'm pretty much over the morning sickness now only getting sick occasionally and other posts on here are also rightwe are not here to judge you at all honestly with my experience the bleeding your having is said to be by doctors 'old blood' that's why it's brownish colored so it could very well be implantation bleeding meaning you could already be pregnant again especially if you haven't been using protection best way to tell is to take a test and get your answers but if your not you should definitely give your body time to heal  you will thank yourself in the long run by having a healthier pregnancy good luck :)
Hi Ladies,

Let's please remember to stay on topic and not publicly disagree or argue with each other.  Again, if you see a post that you find to be inappropriate (for whatever reason), please use the Report feature and the moderators will review it.

The original poster asked whether or not she could be pregnant; let's stick to that topic only please.

Thanks, everyone!

Steph