Could I be Pregnant even with Tubes Clamped?
I had my first child back in April of 2004 and had my tubes clamped in June. I was told not to have another child due to the fact I had a really hard pregnancy with my first. I wanted the dr to do a Tubal Ligation but instead he just clamped instead. Not too happy about that b/c I was told I could still get pregnant after the swelling in the tubes go down. I have been having symptoms of Pregnancy the past couple of weeks. I had my last period on December 27, 2004. I know that I am not supposed to start until this weekend but I have been having all of the symptoms of being pregnant again. I have had nausea, sore breasts (very sore), they are extremely sensitive, and I have the dark blue lines on them like I did before. I have just been feeling like I am pregnant and my husband told me not to worry about it. I have taken 2 last week and they both showed up negative but could there still be a good chance I could be pregnant? Please help me!!!
I am not to sure but I have heard of people getting pregnant.
If your lmp was on dec 27th then you tested to early. How many days is your cycle normally?
Try testing again with first morning urine this weekend or next week for more accurate results.
I am really surious about this also. I have been trying to find out info on pregnancy after getting your tubes tied. I had mine tied 3 1/2 years ago and my last normal period was Dec 19th. I wasn't supposed to start until about today and the 14th I started spotting and then had what I thought was going to be a normal period the 15th, which, in turn, switched to spotting again the next day and was gone. Then last night, after having sex, I started spotting again and it is almost gone again now. SInce having my tubes tied, I have always been on time except one time, which I skipped a month, but I have heard can be normal. But I have never been this early or like this... it isn't even like a normal period. I am going to make an appt tomorrow because I did take a pregnancy test just to be sure and it came out a very faint, but noticable, line in the pregnant spot as soon as I took the test. I am only 28 and have heard that the younger you are, the chances of the tubes growing back together are better. But, if you find out anything, I would love to know. I also have been having symptoms of pregnancy, but all my other 3 pregnancies came out no doubt pregnant. But maybe I tested too early too if I wouldn't be due for my period til today. Sorry so lengthy, I am just so confused too:)
I knew a lady that had her tubes cut and tied.. and 20 years later.. when her oldest daughter was 20 and her son was 18.. she found out.. she was pregnant.. so.. yea it's a possiblity.. she named him dryden, HAHA he came out of a dry den... but no seriously IT CAN HAPPEN.. it is a rare occasion butcan happen.. her tubes just grew back together.. and a little buy slipped through.. crazy huh?
My period usually lasts about 5-7 days and I normally would have started by now. They have been regular ever since I had my tubes done and since I had my daughter. In December it was wierd, I had one during the week of the 13th and then 2 weeks later I had another one. It happened the same way when i found out I was pregnant with my daughter. I am just really concerned this time. I am going to try to test again either tomorrow or Saturday. If it doesn't show up positive then i will try again later on in the week. But today I have noticed that I have to go to the potty a whole lot more than I did earlier this week and i haven't really drank much today. Thanks for all of your responses. keep them coming maybe I will get somewhere.
It is rare but not unheard of.  

If  you think you are pregnant, go to the doctor and get a QUALITATIVE HCG test done.  You would need to know very early, as you would be at very high risk of an ectopic pregnancy.

I posted to your thread a few days ago about having a similar problem. I was just wondering if you found out if you are pregnant or not? I couldn't get in to my dr's Fri and have to wait until Mon. I guess I should get another pregnancy test and see how it comes back because the one I took was before my period was really due. I have had no luck finding anything about pregnancy after a tubal or anything itself on the web so this is so confusing. But I would love to know how your's turns out.
I haven't taken a test yet but I am planning on taking one in the morning. I was supposed to start on Saturday but I still haven't started. I am hoping that this test in the morning will shine some light on the whole situation. I hope that you will find something out too. Talk to you later on:)
I posted last night when I got home. I took a test this morning and it showed a bfn. Which I guess is good in a way, but I still feel pregnant. I still haven't started and I just wish that i would soon so maybe it would make me feel better. I hope that you find something out. My husband told me though I still could be pregnant and I just don't have enough Hgg to tell yet. I will let you know if I either start or I go to the doctor. I don't have any insurance though so I will have to go to the health dept or somewhere like that to find out.
I just found out that i am not pregnant b/c I have started about 3 days late. Maybe God didn't think it was time for us to have an addition to our family. Hope you find out what is going on with you.I am still though having all of the symptoms of pregnancy.
I don't really think I had my period, but I have been afraid to take a test. I still have all the symptoms of pregnancy. I bled about 4-5 days before I was due to have my period and only bled for like a day and then spotted on and off and that was it. I have been reading that this can be normal for pregnancy, but I guess that I don't know if I am scared that I am pregnant, or not pregnant!! I really didn't want to get my tubes tied and I know I would be so excited, but I know the odds are against me. But I was thinking of getting a test today and testing in tomorrow morning. I will let you know what I find out. I am sorry you weren't pregnant. You sounded like you really wanted one. If it's meant to be, it will happen. For me too:)
Hey. Just thought I would let you know that I took a test and it came out negative. I still have all the symptoms and my breasts still have the bumps on them. I don't know what else could cause that. But the test was negative.
i had my tubes clamped and havent had my period in 2 months and i been peeing more than usual and alot of pain in my back and belly everyone thinks i gained some weight and i look pregnant and took a test once and it came out negative what should i do? please email me back at ***@****
im very concerned please help!!
I'm also in the same situation  I have'nt had a period since November I have some signs of being pregnant I had my tubes tied 6 years ago I also took a hpt it came out neg.....
Contact your doctor and find out if you have PCOS. (polycystic ovarian syndrome) Its a serious condition that cause you to miss you periods gain weight and give you type 2 diabetes. I have my tubes clamped as well and have not gotten prego and missed my period and come to find out I was diagnosed with PCOS. My doc put me on metformin which will regulate my periods. All tests were done to make sure i'm not prego. I suggest calling you OBGYN.
I had my tubes clamped 13 yrs ago. The dotor would not cut or burn them cause I was married and my husband then wanted more children. Now that I am remarried and going through a divorce I may b pregnant by him. I miscarried last year around this time. I had sexual intercourse w/him on the 19 of April. My cycle came on as usual, but it was dark brown and not heavy at all.the next two days it was regular and only lasted 2 days. My regular cycle is anywhere between 6 or 7 days. The lat day of my cycle is got sick. and I have been having signs of pregnancy. Could this be possible?
I don't know much about it to give any advice, all I can say is that the other day I was in the OB office for my checkup and was talking to a woman whose baby had just turned a year old - and she was 27 weeks pregnant.  She had had her tubes clamped after having her daughter but apparently the clamps came loose / fell off and viola!  Surprise!  She is due in July.  

I have had my tubes either tied or burned i dont know if they were clamped or not but ive missed my period im suppose to have it today 5/8/09 and have not had any sypmoths from starting my period but ive had been feeling sick to my stomach and eatting crackers and drinking ginerale, and it helps my stomach could i possibly be pregant me and my boyfriend has had unprotected sex, and he wonts a child and so do , i had my tubes tied because it was health issues and i wont a child so bad i dont know whats going on with my stomach could you please help ive been feeling sick too my stomach in the moring and my tummy has been feeling hard as well and ive had back hurts as well so please let me know whats going on if you know thanks babymakingwontting to know in va :
It's very likely you are pregnant. My mother had my little brother after she had a tubal ligation. My mom is extremely firtile though. She had cancer and had a hysterectami, if that's how you spell it, and still got pregnant. The doctor left her ovaries and she developed a cyst and the baby attatched to the cyst on her ovary and was living off of it. Of course they had to take it but I do know you can get pregnant after a tubal ligation. Take a test to find out. Good luck to you.
i also have been feeling pregnant i have had my tubes clamped for 11 yrs. i have been feeling sick sometimes i put weight on in my stomach lookes like i am pregnant that how much weight i put on there and this month only bleed for 2 days and i always bleed for 5 days and also been moody alot latly im starting to think i might be pregnant
i have had my tubes clamped in 1999 after my daughter was born due to health issues. in 2002 i got prego and miscarried. today 2009 i am having feelings of prego have not took a test yet but was wondering if maybe i am. my breast are tender and feeling naushes at night every  night. i pee alot also and sometimes feel like something moving around. it feels weird. i have not started my period yet. had one last month
but not this month
i had my tubed tied about 3 and a half years ago here for the past week or so iv just been so drained and sick to my stomic..i have had my periods on time but still dont fill quiet right like some of you have stated i also fill pregnet and have gained alot of weight and i seem to have to pee alot lately i just was wondering if any one else felt like i do..im kinda worried cause i dont know why i fill this way and how could i possable be pregnet after i had my tubes tied..i know its possable.
i am having the same feelings i had my tubes clamped 12 years ago and now i am feeling this way is there a way i could be?
I got my tubes clamped in 2001.  Can any one tell me what the difference is between getting your tubes clamped and getting your tubes tied. Mine are clamped and I now would love to have another baby, do I have a good chance of it just happening after almost 8 years??
i had my tubes clamped on dec.23 of 2008. for the past 2 months i have been having syptoms of being prego. i havent had a normal period since november of 09. in november i got my period twice and in december i had it for two days. as always the home pregnancy test come back saying negitve. is there a chance i could be pregnant
I had my tubes tied in Nov, 2004 and sometimes i get like these symptoms of pregnancy, but my period comes, so having done this proceedure increases the period symptoms heavier then usual? I feel nausea, tiredness, breast tenderness, and so on. It seemed like it increased my period symptoms more. I am 36yrs old should i not worry about it again(getting preg)? I am not sure what I had done but whatever it was I hope it was effective enough. I do love all my children to death i just dont want life to be hard financially.
hi has anyone found out is they are prego?
i had my tubes cliped back in 97 and for the past few mths i am feeling really weird my pg's are strange they have very little blood and they yukky brown stuff and last mth i didnt get them at all and i am feeling little kicks in mii belly... and my boobs are sore. could i be pregos or is it all in my head because i want another baby so much plz help
sarah
i had my tubes clamped in February 2007, have always been very precise on my menstrual and now 2010 February i did not have my period for that month and still have not had it.  i have taken six pregnancy test all have came out negative but i have been extremely tired lately, i get these craving every night around the same time and i have gained a few pounds after working so hard to lose some weight.  i have also been going pee a whole lot more than usual and for the first time last night i felt this weird flutter like when a butterfly spreads his wings to fly.  It was so weird and at the same time it kind of made me happy.  DO YOU THINK I COULD BE PREGNANT?  IT IS NOW  GOING ON 54 DAYS SINCE MY LAST MENSTRUAL?
Has tube clamped in 2004. I tested positive with a Home Pregnancy Test. Can you still have baby within uterus. What happens to the clamp?
I had my tubes clamped after my daughter was born in 96. My period is regular. But I am wondering if I could be pregnant.Lately i am nauseaus,tender breast and areolas are bigger,peeing more last couple days,smells make me sick,cramping in my uterus,headache,backache,lightheaded,my uterus feels thick or heavy,all i want to do is sleep. I am nervous to take test,afraid it will be neg and I want it pos.Just remarried and would love to have baby. Have all the symptoms but wander if it is becouse I want a baby.
I was wondering if you could get pregnant after tubes being clamped as well.... I am currently 2 weeks late and having some symptoms... like peeing a lot.... sleeping a lot.... I kinda want a baby.... but I don't want this to be complicated....Help
I had mine clamped in 2005 and in Dec of 2010 I  missed my period for the first time in years I had a ultrasound done the first of Dec it showed nothing I also had two blood tests a week one before I missed my period and one the week after they were neg. I just had a Ct the end of Dec it again showed nothing . What should I do?
I'm 19 & I have 2 kids, I got my tubes clamped in July 2010 after I had my son! These last couple of days, I've been eating & sleeping I should start my period the being of the month, cuz scares me cuz I have been having a lot of unprotected sex with the last 3 months
Hi, I am 22 And I had my tubes cut and clamped 4 months ago. My cycle is 28-30 days, I have never been late unless prego. Well I am 3 days late with negative hpt. Don't know what is wronge, could I still be prego???
So if my tubes are clamp I can get prego?
Doubtful. Failure rarely happens, and if it does you have more chance of it being Ectopic rather than uterine.
did you find if you were pregnant
I got my tubes clamped like 4 months ago i am 3 days late could i be prago should i get a prago test or not
Hello my name is Kayla and im so lost i had my little girl a year ago and we made the best chose to get fixed due to my little girl coming to us 3 months sooner then she was due so i didn't want to go thought that so they would only clamped my tubes and my period has been coming on 16Th of every month 2weeks ago i started feeling sick in the mornings and evening so i thought it was the flu but now my period is 6 days late
My youngest child is 16 and my tubes are clamped . I just got married and my husband would love a child  his first child at 45 and I'm 38. Can I get pregnant?
I took a pergnant test last wk it came out - i had my period two wks ago bt hav been going through mood swings white liquid coming out my nipples eating alot. I hav a 21yr son an 13yr daughter bt whn she was 3 i had my tubes tied cant remember if its bured or nt. Should i wait to see if my pericome on this mth before taking another test.
Have one tube and other was clamped. Never am late on my period and im a week late. Test was negative help
omg I had my tubes clamped back in September 27 2012 and have had a pretty regular period. til last month when I had a 2 1/2 day period. its usually five day period. and lately I have sore nipples, tiredness, bloating, liquid from my breast, and morning sickness could I possible be pregnant im very nervous..
I had my tubes clamped back in 2009 but sadly I've been having alote of pain in my lower tummy right next to my c-section And I had a period on June 23 to the 27 2014 and on July 3rd I been having light spotting almost everyday and I don't no wants that all about I need answers please as soon as possible
Hi I'm a mum of 5 I'm 30 an iv bin clamped for 2 yrs now I'm a week late the past 2 times me an my husband have had sex I have bleed but by the morning it stopped iv done a test but said no iv also bin in a lot of pain with my hips an lower back for the past 2 months more than I do with as I have fibromyalgia but in a lot of pain witch I only go this bad with my back an hips when iv bin pregnant plz can some 1 help x
I have had my tubes clamp 3yrs ago and my period have been pretty much on time too. this mth i only bleed for two day which i have never experienced before. So i'm wondering what ur doctor said ?
hi i have hade the same situation hade my by a year ago hade my periods on time but this month i onlyy got it for two days and thats it so im planning to go che with my doctor because thy say its dangerous to have babys after tubes clamped
I had my tubes tied (clamped) approx. 10years ago.  I been having same symptoms as prior posts.  I went to hospital last night and i think they did all tests possible and found absolutely nothing wrong.  Im not sure if they did pregnancy test becuz no one spoke to me about a negative or positive test reading. Im going to wait a few days and take a home test.  In the meantime...becuz of pains...i have placed myself of partial bedrest...becuz when im on my feet i hurt in my abdominal area.  Doctor at hospital placed me on 2 perscriptions...one being vicodine for pain and the other is for nausea.  I refuse to take any of these meds until i find out whether or not i am expecting.  Will keep everyone posted on that part.  
I had my tubes clamped September 21,2015 my daughter is only 6 months old and I'm 6 weeks pregnant definitely don't recommend this method I had all the symptoms you guys had and missed period
Didn't understand your message all the way but did you get pregnant after having your tubes clamped?.. I only have one tube and it was clamped 2.5 months ago when I had my c section but I'm waiting for my period to start and it has not. I bleed for about 7 weeks so I'm waiting for my Kirkland cycle but I'm having pregnancy symptoms.. Is but really possible ?
Sorry I'm new to his site.. I was meaning to ask did you get pregnant after tubes being clamped?.. I had my daughter c section almost 3 months ago and got my one tube(only have one)  clamped.. I bleed for about 7 weeks and now waiting for my period but it has yet to start and have been having pregnancy symptoms.. Just wondering if it's really possible.