Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Could i be pregnant even if i am having what i think is my period?

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Pls help me, desperate for some insight. I usually have a 28-29 day cycle and was expecting to get my period on 12.2.2012. however, i only got it on 15.2.2012. it was heaby and slight cramping. However, it only lasted two days. prior to me bleeding, i was experiencing pregnancy symptoms like nausea, emotional, exhaustion.. i did a pregnancy test just ebfore i started to bleed and it showed negative. Can enyone help me.. i'm wondering if i could be pregnant.. dont want to see the doctor as yet because would be devastating to know i wasnt.. i just want to know if there is a CHANCE of me still being preggers? :)
If you have had what you consider to be a normal period since the negative test then I would say no you aren't pregnant. If you are trying to conceive you can often create symptoms thinking you may be pregnant, period symptoms and pregnancy symptoms are very similar too, so try and not read too much into them if you can. Having been where you are and the waiting each month thinking this is it, is hard I know, try and keep positive tho!
Thanks so much.. yup.. you're right it is hard. i guess i just have to be positive about it :)
Melinda,
       This is not always the case. When my mother was pregnant with me she went between 6-8 months of the pregnancy with doctors telling her that she could not be pregnant because she was still having a "period" and her pregnancy test was coming back negative. It's not common, but it does happen. Also, your body still comes back at times like it's having a period, but more often than not it's because your body is still trying to adjust to being pregnant. Don't lose faith yet!
Thanks a lot for replying. I'm not iving up hope, but have decided to do another test tomorrow, first thing in the morning. i'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be positive. But at the moment i'm also taking metformin, so that might be also having an effect on me. :(