Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Do positive pregnancy test lines get darker with time?

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Hello everyone! So I've been ttc for a few months now... About two months ago I had a very early miscarriage, so naturally I'm concerned. I'm currently 15 dpo, and have been testing for 5 days now (I know, a bit early)... I was happy/cautious when I received a faint positive on the FRER 4 days ago. Since then, each test I have taken (FRER, one a day) has come back positive with the same level of "faintness" to the positive line... Is there any need to worry about possible miscarriage? Are positive test lines supposed to get darker with time?

Any advice/guidance is greatly appreciated!
It's prob just really early it would darker if you were further along
They are supposed to get darker, but you wouldn't notice much of a difference in only a few days as HCG doubles every 2-3 days. If you waited a week and tried, I bet you get a much darker line! Congrats on your pregnancy!
Destani214- Yeah... That's what I keep thinking...

MissmyAngel- Thanks! I know I'm being impatient... I think I'm going to try a digital after waiting a few days...
I sure hope mine comes out pos!!! Congrats!!!
Test lines are not necessarily going to get darker. I asked the same question when I was testing with this pregnancy, my lines didn't get any darker at one point one test the line was lighter but I'm 25 weeks and everything is just fine. The test line is just there to change color if HCG is present, it is not meant to get darker the further along you are. If you were testing very early and then tested after your period was due you might see a difference, but the line isn't going to get darker and darker and darker. I've read stories of 6/7 month pregnant women taking pregnancy tests just for fun or because a friend did and their tests came up negative. If it's positive it's positive. Don't worry about the color of the line.
Thank you everyone for your support! So I do have an update... I took a clear blue easy digital and... Pregnant! I did not think it would actually come out positive (since i thought digitals were not as sensitive) but I guess that line color really is of no concern! A line is a line! I go in for blood work Monday so lets hope this is it... Baby dust to all!
Yea!!!! Congrats!! Still give us an update on your progress!!!!! Wooohooo!
Sorry I have not gotten back to you recently! I have pretty much been on an emotional roller coaster... It turns out I had yet another early miscarriage after that wonderful "Pregnant" on the digital :(

Since then, I haven't felt like ttc any more. So we didn't give very much effort towards ttc this month.

However, AF was supposed to arrive last night, and I'm starting to get anxious! Should I test or not? I'm just worried I'll be disappointed again...

Thanks for the support! How are you doing? Any BFPs?
Hi I have a question. This has happened to me twice in the last 2 months I take a pregnancy test it shows two lines but very light visible to the eye there is no color you just see another line my breast are sore I feel sick in the morning but the line doesn't get darker because I took  it again three days later same thing and now today very lightly spotting my health insurance is not active at this time so any help would be wonderful thank you
When I took my test I could barely see the positive line but there was one there and now I'm almost 18 weeks pregnant!
I took a test today & it said positive but it hade 2 dark lines does that mean im pregnant?