How soon after implantation bleeding can I take a home pregnancy test?
I have had many signs of pregnancy like, swollen and tender boobs, stomach cramps on the left side, constant diziness and a few light headaches. My last period started on May 13th and I started on June 12th with a very light period. I typically have very heavy periods and this time it is light. I have read all about Implantation bleeding and not sure if that is what I am going thru.  I have heard many things and not sure which to believe. I have heard to wait 2 weeks after i stop bleeding to take a test, some say ok to test while bleeding and others say to wait a few days after I stop. Im not really trying to get pregnant but I would be happy if I was. Anyone have any advice? My periods have never been regular but my husband and I are stressed wondering if i am pregnant. Im thinking it wont hurt to test now while bleeding, in a few days after i stop and then maybe again in a few weeks. Thank you for all your help.
I am currently going through the same thing and have no idea what my body is trying to tell me. I too am breastfeeding and was due for my period on the 22nd, but about 5 days prior started out with some light bleeding that eventually ended a day later with some light pink spotting and then came to a complete stop. Then a couple of days later it started up again the same as before, light bleeding, spotting and now nothing. I have taken two hpt and both were negative and went to the doctor and that one was also negative. No blood test though. My cycle is usually 28 days down to the minute and AF lasts 7 days and heavy. So I know this wasn't a true AF. I just don't know what is going on and it is driving me crazy. Was it implantation? Am I pregnant and testing to early? Can you gals keep me updated on how things are going with you? and I'll do the same. Think I will wait it out this week and check with my Doc again or take another hpt.
If your af was due on the 22 and you took a hpt after that, than you are more than likely not pg. could happen tho i guess. hey just outa curiosty is your birthday jan 24th? i saw the whole aquarius thing and the 124 and just wondered. my bf's bday is the 24th and thats why i ask i am the 20th and our dd is the 31st. just wondering.
The last test I took was on the 23rd. So I am hoping that it was just to early to detect.
Ok for everyone that's taken the pregnancy test and it showed negative, go see your dr. and have a blood test done. With my 1st pregnancy we took a dozen pregnancy tests at home and several at a clinic, and all showed negative. We finally got a very light ( you had to turn the stick just to see it and we thought we were imagining it)positive and finally found out after a blood test that we were indeed pregnant....just in time to hear the heartbeat at 16 weeks!! So 4 months pregnant and all negative tests. Definitely get a blood test!!! You could just be producing very low levels of hCG like I was.
Thanks, I think I will go and ask for a blood test this week. I will keep everone posted on the results.
Anyone have any updates?
Hello, I want to update you all if you read my earlier posts you will get what i am talking about. Anyways, I have had 3 blood tests done so far and my HCG levels rose from 36 to 117 to 517 (it was 517 on Friday so not sure what it is now). But after my 5 days of implantation bleeding after i peed I spotted a couple of times on this last Saturday and was so worried. So my doc. ordered an ultrasound and I am going for that today to see if everything is ok. I am so scared as i am not feeling very pregnant. My breasts aren't sore, I only have on and off headaches, constipation, and am bloated. That's it. I will update when I know more.  
Im feeling  confused also (seems to be a common thing on this topic, this confused state hehe)  My husband and I have been TTC for about 2 months now. Im supposed to have my period oct 10th although im not 100% sure im on a regular schedule as its only been 4 months since i stopped BC.. but this past wednesday (the 3rd) i started having very mild cramps (nothing like a full on period), and a  pinkish colour when i wiped. Yesterday (thurs) it was brownish/rust and heavier and more frequent but not enough to need more then a panty liner, and today on and off brownish mostly appearing after I walk for a while then use the wahsroom. Feeling a little light headed and dizzy, a lil bloated, going to the washroom more then usual (but for me i go often anyway haha) had a nasty headache all day yesterday. Obivoulsy Im going to go grab a HPT tonight, but im just wondering if i should even be hopeful for a positive?? Seeing my DR for regular checkup this month too.
Ah, nevermind. False alarm it was just "that time", showed up a bit later in the day.  Still a little "off" after coming off b.c. I suppose. Oh well next time! :-(
hello everyone...i had my last period on aug 6-11. i had ran out of b/c after that and when waiting for a doc appt me and my b/f used condoms. come sept. 5 i had a very heavy flow of bleeding for about 3 days. i used tampons thinking that it was just my normal cycle. however i have been having many signs of pregnancy such as tender breasts, a few cravings here and there, and frequent bathroom breaks. i took 3 tests this week and all were positive. i have had no signs of morning sickness whatsoever i was thinking that it could be implantation bleeding only because im feeling a lot further along than 3 wks like i would be if in sept. that was my normal cycle. plus i wouldnt even of thought to take a test because i technically havent missed my oct cycle YET... this is my first pregnancy so im a little nervous that i could possibly be walking into my docs office this week to get my ultrasound and them telling me that i miscarried or something isnt right. i guess i would just like some ideas before i go in. anyone?
sooo i went into the dr to find out that im only 5 1/2 wks pregnant!!! wow...i thought i was quite further..so im now due in june. no heartbeat yet so i go back in 3 wks to see about the progress of my baby and can hopefully hear the heartbeat!!! wish me luck!!
i had lite bleeding 18 days after my period. is that a sign of pregnancy or is my cycle changing?
Hello everyone,
So i'm having some pregnancy symtoms such as quiziness, darker nipples, and slight headaches. The quiziness has always been a good sign that I was pregnant. So anyway, i had a weeks worth of bleeding that just ended this last saturday. It was different than a period as far as length and flow but it still seemed a little heavier than implantation bleeding, but i'm not sure how heavy that can get. My other half and I had unprotected intercourse 9/22-9/25 which was the very end of my period. So anyway, i would be happy if we were. I feel like my intuition is telling me I am, but i'm thinking I have to wait until at least 5 days before my next normal period. If anyone has any suggestions or comments please let me know.. it would be helpful. Thank you.
I have been doing a lot of reading up on this, and from what I have learned, we will probably not have high enough hcg levels at such an early day. (Like 5 days before AF) I used a First Response last night, and a urine test at the dr today, both negative. The blood test is still not processed- GRRRR- so I may hear back on that tomorrow. I began what I think is imlantation bleeding on Saturday (1 day past AF) and it ended today. I keep seeing that even blood tests may not be accurate until several days AFTER this has stopped, so this blood test may not show up positive, even if I am. You cna certainly try a hpt like First Response, but it may not give you the true result if you haven't produced enough hcg. The levels double every 36-48 hours, so I may try again in several days. Those darn things get expensive, and here they tell us they will give us early results??? Hmmmm...... ;)
Well thank you for your insight. Yeah.. its so hard to tell and so hard to anticipate. It's such a frusterating feeling having to wait..whether your looking forward to it or not. I am by the way.. although not planned.. I would love to have another child. But anyway.. today is thursday and the last negative one that i took was on tues. so i think i'm just going to take one on saturday morning or maybe even tomorrow morning. Saturday would be the date that i started my period last month.. so we'll see. Last time i was pregnant I also bled.. but it was different than this time. So i'm just plain confused :) Anyway.. good luck to you.. and let me know what happens with that alright.
Ok ladies , I need help. my last cycle was Aug 30( i know I ovulated because of charting) anyway I took several home tests all Negative, then I got a faint positive 5 days after AF was due.. Then 5 days later I had slight stringy, red bleeding. I took another home test yesterday and it was Negative. I still am having multiple symptoms(sore breasts, nausea, tired as everything) Does anyone have any ideas? My appt for u/s and dr is wed 10/24...is it possible to be pg and still get negative tests.  thanks
hey i started my period Oct. 11-16 me and my bf are trying to concieve and on the 29th i had some slight pink brownish discharge it is now the 30th but i dont really see it but every now and then when i go to the bathroom could this mean implantation i hope so and if so when can i take a pregnancy test
i also have been having like 4-5 light headaches a day and i have been very tired lately
hey it is now the 2nd of november and i still am having the bleeding but it is still light pink sometimes there sometimes not i have been slightly cramping and and crying for absolutley no reason im just so confused and i want to know my period isnt due for 9-10 days so i will find out then ill keep everyone posted
I have been reading everyone’s messages for days trying to work out if I am pregnant or not. I had emplantation bleeding (or what I thought was that as it only lasted 2 days and was very very light) on Wednesday and Thursday, and 5 days later I have still not had a positive pregnancy test. I was convinced I was pregnant based on all the symptoms I have read about….i will get the results of a blood test tomorrow so will know for sure but how can such modern pregnancy tsets out in the shops be wrong, when they say they are so accurate….

Has anyone ever had a negative urine preg test but a positive blood test 5 days after period is due? And if its not emplantaion bleeding I had, what could it be? It was so light..