Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
How to tell mom???

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

How to tell mom???

I'll be 18 in one week and I just started my senior year in high school. I have no idea how or when to tell my mom/dad I'm pregnant. I think, I'll wait until I'm 4 or 5 months along, but I just want other opinions... I'm not scared to be a mom, I'm scared of the disappointment on both my parents and my bf parents faces.
How far along are yu now
Only a couple weeks.
I would say just go ahead and get it over with. Don't wait until ur 4 or 5 months. Get it over with now so that they can get over it. U don't wanna be hiding a pregnancy from ur fam. That's depressing. It'll be alright.
I would tell them now, that way they can support you. I am 19 and pregnant and I still had the hardest time telling my mom, even though she is like my best friend!
Im 17 a high school senior and im 26w4d pregnant and yes I know its really hard but the earlyer the better gives them time to calm down and prepair for tje babys artival and ur mom can be so much help to u
I know how u feel. I'm older but I was afraid if the disappointmeny too. I realized I needed to tell her. I wrote a letter. She was mad @ first but a couple days later she was ok with it. Good luck
Just think, they can only be upset with you for a short period of time because 8/9 months from now when that precious little baby is here they won't even think twice:)
thanks
Im pregnant too..just found out and dont know how to tell my family...i will tell but u should tell the longer u wait the worse im 18 and in the same boat
i would go ahead and tell your parents, becuz (god forbid) yu might have complications in ur pregnancy, and if you wait until your 4 or 5 months, that might be too late.... :)
Or (god forbid) they kick you out and you have to find other living arrangements, you need to figure out where you're place is, and what you're going to do. Tell them (if you don't already have them) that you and your boyfriend are going to find jobs, finish school if you haven't already, and be awesome parents, you know its not going to be easy, but you're going to do it. Be confident in telling them, that way they have confidence in you. I got pregnant at 17, and me and my husband never expected my parents support financially, so do your best, work your hardest, and you'll do fine! Good luck hun!
My parents are accepting and would never kick me out and even if they did  my bfs parents would take me in. It's not that they aren't supporting, I'm just scared to disappoint them. My older sisters got pregnant at 15 and 16 and now all of their kids are in foster care. They worry about me. I've done so good and I AM GOING TO COLLEGE online or on campus (haven't decided yet) I'm just afraid of their responses, but honestly it's not MY parent I'm worried about it my bfs. I love them so much and they look at me as a daughter even though I'm only dating their son. I love my bf so much, too. lol. Like me, his siblings have gotten pregnant young or gotten others pregnant and he has BIG dreams. He wants to go to culinary school. He's just a junior and I'm a senior. Babies cost money and so does school. I hate when people are disappointed in me.
Honestly, I was the same way with my husbands mom, and she was SO excited, because we were so close. I'm sure everyone will surprise you, disappointment will last a short time, trust me. Giving them a grand child, and raising that baby to the best of your abilities, WHILE working hard at going to school, shows them how determined and strong you are! You'll be fine, but I'd tell them sooner rather than later.
I'm 17 and told my parents when I was about 6 weeks. They will probably be upset. My mom cried, but she has always been very helpful. And i am so happy that I told her. Even though it wasn't what anyone wanted for me or planned i'm 19 weeks now and everyone is happy. When you get it over with it gives you all more time to move on and be excited. If anything they will probably be more upset that you waited so long to tell them. Plus you need prenatal care as soon as possible so if you're on your parents insurance i'm sure they will know if they get billed or anything for pregnancy appointments.
if YOUR SCARED THEN WAIT UNTIL YOU GET TO THE 12 WEEKS MARK AND HAD A ULTRASOUND TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OK, HAVE YOU SEEN A DOC YET?
Not yet, not far enough along for that. I'm not 100% sure I am yet. I'll find out next Wednesday. Me and my bf decided to tell our parents as soon as we are positive.
I WAS 18 AND WAS PREGNANT AND I TOLD MY PARENTS AND I MISCARRIED SO I FELT STUPID AND THEY WERE PISSED MY DAD IS A PASTOR AND I WISH I WOULDA WAITED UNTIL I KNEW EVERYTHING WAS GOING TO FINE BEFORE I TOLD THEM BC IT HURT OUR RELATIONSHIP EVEN AFTER THE MISCARRY IT HURT MY RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM I FELT ODD BEING AROUND THEM, 30% OF WOMEN WILL MISCARRY THEIR FIRST PREGNANCY
If yu don't even know if yer pregnant yet what are yu worried about
lol she just said shes only a couple of weeks pregnant but guessing when she is going to say something......lol

You should tell them now, because you have appointments to go to, obviously theyre "baby" is going to have a "baby" and that makes them sad....but they really wont be angry forever....just keep showing you're going to be responsible...i got pregnant at 19 and had my daughter on my 20th birthday, at first just in the heat of the moment of telling them, and his parents, they were pissed...but the next day everything was fine.... :P
Yes and then she said she's not positive she is she hasn't taken a test
I understood perfectly what she was asking...
I had sex one day before my period.  I know because I can always feel it right before I get it and I was getting the first drops. Anyway, we had sex and he came in me. I didn't get my period for about 5 days and I don't think you can even count it as that. I didn't even notice it until me and my bf had sex, again. I went in the bathroom to clean up and there was just a little on my thighs, but when I wiped it was just a drop on the tissue. I watched all day and it hasn't gotten heavier like my regular periods were. The first days my period is REALLY heavy, not at all like this. When I wipe, the drops are there, but there's not a bit on my panties.  I'm going to continue to watch through the next couple of days, but do you think I could be pregnant? (I'm not on birth control and my bf didn't use a condom.) This is long, but this is why I think I might be pregnant. Yes, to early to tell but it doesn't mean I shouldn't prepare. I'm a worrier and I like to plan. This site was meant for questions and I asked. That's it.
Spotting only lasted 2 days and stopped.
Do yu have unprotected sex regularly? Because if yu are thinking that what yu had wasn't a real period.and yu could already be pregnant yu should be able to get a positive test already
I'm sorry if I came off as rude its kinda hard to express emotion thru text
No we usually use a condom. Unless a condom broke I doubt it and he usually checks. So.. *shrug*
Well there's a 50/50 chance, also remember stress can cause yer periods to act funny and also the fact that yer young....I'm only 18 and had a few cycles where it was just spotting
Really the only thing yu can do is take a test but if yu turn out to not be I would suggest birth control if yu don't want a baby
Best of luck
I bought tshirts and told my parents about my first on Christmas. Lol. Turned out my mom already had a hunch.
Tell them now! I didn't really know I was pregnant cause my period was irregular and I would bleed every now and then. My mom actually asked me if I was pregnant. Apparently everybody knew except me? Anyway we found out I was pregnant, 5 months already! My mom was so mad cause I wasn't taking vitamins or seeing a doctor. Tell them now so they can.help you don't be selfish and be scared of the disappointment. Its not about you anymore you have to take care.of you
Tell them now! I didn't really know I was pregnant cause my period was irregular and I would bleed every now and then. My mom actually asked me if I was pregnant. Apparently everybody knew except me? Anyway we found out I was pregnant, 5 months already! My mom was so mad cause I wasn't taking vitamins or seeing a doctor. Tell them now so they can.help you don't be selfish and be scared of the disappointment. Its not about you anymore you have to take care of your baby! I'm 17. 21w+2d(:
The same thing happened to me but I went ahead and told my mom about 3 days after I foubd out I was terrified but she got over it in a cpl of days she was totally pissed but it got better and now she can't wait to meet her grandson I think it wld be better to tell them now but goodluck hope everything goes well!
I'm 18 and almost 126.com weeks I was terrified to tell my parents o told them and 8 weeks they were disappointed At first but are getting used to the idea now
Oops almost 12 weeks I meant
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers