Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Is it possible that I'm pregnant or is it something else?

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

I had unprotected sex a week before my period was due to start. My last period started on January 2nd, 2013 which means I should have started around the 2nd of February or a few days later and it is now the 8th of February. My cycle is anywhere between 28 to 34 days and yes, I know that despite not ovulating (I'm usually conscious of when I am ovulating) there is a possibility of getting pregnant even a week before your next period. My reason for asking if it is pregnancy or something else is because I've recently started exercising. It's not hardcore exercise but I've lost at least five pounds since I began a few weeks ago, close to three pounds a week I'd day. I understand that when your body goes through that, it puts stress on you and your period can be delayed. Another thing is that I've been feeling off lately. I get the spins and sometimes feel nauseous to the point where I feel like I'm going to vomit. I never actually do, but that's beside the point. However, those symptoms started a month ago, which was long before I had the unprotected sex. Is it possible that because of these changes my period is late or should I take a test? Also, if I am pregnant, this would be my second child, so would I have a better sense that I actually am pregnant? I don't feel as though I am, to be quite honest, but perhaps I just don't have those kinds of intuitions. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I will provide more information if needed.
Lifestyle changes can effect your cycles,  for some, exercise can do this too. Since having the change in you routine, you can still ovulate and not sense that it has occurred. Ovulation may also occur at a different time than you may have anticipated. Having unprotected intercourse does give you the chance of pregnancy. If you were pregnant, you may only be few weeks along and many women don't feel pregnancy symptoms for a few more weeks. Each pregnancy is different. Even 2nd and 3rd time moms may not sense they are pregnant initially. You should probably take a test and see the results. If its negative, but you've still not started you cycle in the next week, you should check with your doctor. They can verify by blood test if you are pregnant as some women don't test positive on a urine test for a while with pregnancy. They will also check for other causes of a missed period such as hormonal imbalances.
Well, it's now the 13th and I still haven't gotten my period. I've started cramping a lot, almost constantly, and it feels like my period is going to start but if I am pregnant, I know that's due to implantation. I'd be about three weeks along if I am. Is the cramping constantly like this normal?
Oh boy, im haveing exactly the same problems..
My last one started on December 25, now its almost February 25..
I keep track of my ovulation and stay extremely safe during then.
I have had unprotected sex 5 times my last period.. Im honestly just to scared to go buy a test..
Im having cramps like non other, nausea, and my breasts have been majorly sore..

Good luck to you girl..
Thank you. Here is another post I made since I'm still late: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Pregnancy-Am-I-Pregnant/Could-I-still-be-pregnant/show/1900195

I felt the same way. I'm always terrified to buy a test because I'm more afraid of getting results I'm not ready for. However, I really think you should buy a test and get it out of the way. Find out now and don't put it off, even if you're scared. Good luck to you as well!
Women can definitely experience cramping in early pregnancy as you body starts the process of growing a baby. The cramping is not a guarantee of pregnancy, but given the late cycle, it could be a symptom. You should try to get a blood test at your doctor this week. Blood tests are more accurate and sensitive than urine tests and will give you a more definitive answer.
Well, the thing is, this cramping is happening a lot. I've read up on implantation cramping but I don't feel like it should be taking this long and I know it happens somewhere between 6 and 10 days after ovulation or something like that. It's been a week of cramping on and off and they're pretty strong. I feel like my period is about to start, though. I took two tests and both came back negative. With my first pregnancy, I took a test not even a week after my period was due and it came back positive, so I don't think it's really a matter of my HCG levels being too low and giving me false negatives since I used FMU. I have literally no symptoms other than the cramps and I had all of the normal pregnancy symptoms with my first pregnancy. The only stress I'm under is thinking I'm pregnant, so I'm sure that's what's delaying my period. I'm hoping it'll come within the next few days, if not, I'll try taking another test.
I ended up getting my period, I think. I was exactly two weeks late today and I went to the bathroom and there was blood. It looked more than spotting (it was heavier than that), and sorry for TMI, it was kind of chunky like period blood is supposed to be because of the egg falling apart, but the bleeding only lasted the day and now there's a little bit of brown spotting, so I don't know what's going on.
sounds like your period is trying to start, if blood clots are coming out that is from your uterus lining. Sorry maybe next month will be your time, good luck
Yeah, it's my period, it's still going today and it's heavier now. I think all of the stress I was subconsciously under all of January made it late.