PREGNANCY: AM I PREGNANT
COMMUNITY
Late period, some cramping, on clomid
by tura, Jun 15, 2004
Has anyone experienced late periods while on clomid?  Usually I get my periods on time, but this is my first round of clomid.  I am 2 days late and got a bfn.  I feel slight cramping and had spotting on Sunday but then nothing.  I have been experiencing heart burn and nausea (at night).  Could I still possibly be pregnant but not showing on the hpt?  Thanks in advance for any help!
Member Comments (179)
by nurse12hr, Jun 15, 2004
Of course it is possible.

Your body's level of HCG has to be high enough to be detected.  You could still be preg, but with a level too low to be detected yet.

Choices:  Wait several days and test again with a first morning urine, or go to your doctor and get a blood pregnancy test.
by merichardson, Jun 15, 2004
It sounds like you could be PG and just not showing yet. Did you use an early test?
by Bailee5, Jun 15, 2004
Hello! This is also my first cycle on Clomid. I had a definate LH surge early Saturday morning, which I was very excited about, but now I have been cramping for 2 days and it feels just like my period is going to start. :( I really did not expect to get pregnant my first cycle, but boy it would be nice!!! I have to agree that you may be pregnant and maybe it is just not showing up. I had a friend who barely got a positive line to show up on a hpt, but she was over a month pregnant when she had a blood test done to confirm it! So it is possible! How ling have you been ttc? This is my 5th month off bcp. I am really hoping the Clomid does the trick. I am only on 50mg, but at least I think I ovulated this month!
by Christina S., Jun 15, 2004
Hey. That is what happened to me on clomid. I was late had even a bfn on a blood test and urine, cramping and I had bad indigestion. It was still early. Good Luck. Clomid seems to do weird things to your body.

As for me I see dawnna informed you a little as to what happened and she pretty much summed it up. I am sooo nervous and depressed. I mean this is the 3rd time this has happened :(
It normally takes us 2 cycles to get pregnant (only to miscarry again) but this time it took us 8 months and first cycle of clomid and after all the hard time trying and stress of it all this is what I get?!! I was very lucky to have my boys. All we want is one more baby but that seems to be an impossible task.
I go in tomorrow and if there is still nothing she said a d&c is next. I think she was worried about a molar because she saw some other things besides the yolk sac but no baby and my levels are at 33,000 and in a molar they will go up high. My symptoms have gotten worse, I am feeling extremely sick and my boobs are hurting so bad I cannot take my bra off, and last week I was worried because they did not hurt, and with the previous 2 pregnancies/miscarriages my preggo symptoms were light and I was worried because I did not have any. She said if I miscarry or have the d&c she will start blood work to see if anything is wrong and if there is not that is all she can do?! :::sigh:::

I pray there is a small miracle that will happen tomorrow and I was like 2 weeks behind or something. I am so sad, everyone is finding out they are pregnant, this happened with the last miscarriage in september and I am the only one who miscarries.

Thanks for the thoughts. :)
by Bailee5, Jun 15, 2004
Christina- I understand the frustration and :( . It seems like everyone around me is getting pregnant. I am so blessed to have a little boy, he will be 6 this November, but we would really like to have another one and I never expected it to be this hard and so VERY stressful. People tell me not to worry, but it is very hard not to have it on my mind all the time. I wish I did not have to worry, but after being diagnosed with PCOS and being put on Clomid I just have so much on my mind. My prayers are with you and everyone that has had such a struggle. I have not miscarried, but the potential is there and even increased with the PCOS. To those who have had to have that experience, my heart goes out to you. I cannot begin to imagine that loss. I hope that you will soon get a BFP!!! :) Many loving thoughts and prayers to you!!! :)
by nurse12hr, Jun 15, 2004
I am so sorry.

I too, hope there is a miracle for you and your family in the next few days.  There is so little anyone can do or say to help you, but we sure can pray for you.

Wish you all the best.
by JustME9, Jun 15, 2004
((((hugs))) I am hoping for a miracle tomorrow.  Please know that I care about you and have been thinking about you all week! Keep your chin up and know there's people here for you! Kellie
by tura, Jun 15, 2004
Please know that you are in my thoughts and will be especially tomorrow.  Maybe the extreme symptoms you are feeling are a good sign??  I don't know anything about molar pregnancies so I looked it up last night it the site said that they are extremely rare.  You and your family are definitely in my prayers, and God often does work miracles!  Hang in there!!
by tura, Jun 15, 2004
Yeah I used a first response hpt.  I didn't use my first morning urine, but the test said that you can test at any time of the day.  I'm thinking that maybe my high progesterone level is just delaying my period from starting, I wish it would come on already if I'm not pregnant.