Late period, some cramping, on clomid
Has anyone experienced late periods while on clomid?  Usually I get my periods on time, but this is my first round of clomid.  I am 2 days late and got a bfn.  I feel slight cramping and had spotting on Sunday but then nothing.  I have been experiencing heart burn and nausea (at night).  Could I still possibly be pregnant but not showing on the hpt?  Thanks in advance for any help!
Of course it is possible.

Your body's level of HCG has to be high enough to be detected.  You could still be preg, but with a level too low to be detected yet.

Choices:  Wait several days and test again with a first morning urine, or go to your doctor and get a blood pregnancy test.
It sounds like you could be PG and just not showing yet. Did you use an early test?
Hello! This is also my first cycle on Clomid. I had a definate LH surge early Saturday morning, which I was very excited about, but now I have been cramping for 2 days and it feels just like my period is going to start. :( I really did not expect to get pregnant my first cycle, but boy it would be nice!!! I have to agree that you may be pregnant and maybe it is just not showing up. I had a friend who barely got a positive line to show up on a hpt, but she was over a month pregnant when she had a blood test done to confirm it! So it is possible! How ling have you been ttc? This is my 5th month off bcp. I am really hoping the Clomid does the trick. I am only on 50mg, but at least I think I ovulated this month!
Hey. That is what happened to me on clomid. I was late had even a bfn on a blood test and urine, cramping and I had bad indigestion. It was still early. Good Luck. Clomid seems to do weird things to your body.

As for me I see dawnna informed you a little as to what happened and she pretty much summed it up. I am sooo nervous and depressed. I mean this is the 3rd time this has happened :(
It normally takes us 2 cycles to get pregnant (only to miscarry again) but this time it took us 8 months and first cycle of clomid and after all the hard time trying and stress of it all this is what I get?!! I was very lucky to have my boys. All we want is one more baby but that seems to be an impossible task.
I go in tomorrow and if there is still nothing she said a d&c is next. I think she was worried about a molar because she saw some other things besides the yolk sac but no baby and my levels are at 33,000 and in a molar they will go up high. My symptoms have gotten worse, I am feeling extremely sick and my boobs are hurting so bad I cannot take my bra off, and last week I was worried because they did not hurt, and with the previous 2 pregnancies/miscarriages my preggo symptoms were light and I was worried because I did not have any. She said if I miscarry or have the d&c she will start blood work to see if anything is wrong and if there is not that is all she can do?! :::sigh:::

I pray there is a small miracle that will happen tomorrow and I was like 2 weeks behind or something. I am so sad, everyone is finding out they are pregnant, this happened with the last miscarriage in september and I am the only one who miscarries.

Thanks for the thoughts. :)
Christina- I understand the frustration and :( . It seems like everyone around me is getting pregnant. I am so blessed to have a little boy, he will be 6 this November, but we would really like to have another one and I never expected it to be this hard and so VERY stressful. People tell me not to worry, but it is very hard not to have it on my mind all the time. I wish I did not have to worry, but after being diagnosed with PCOS and being put on Clomid I just have so much on my mind. My prayers are with you and everyone that has had such a struggle. I have not miscarried, but the potential is there and even increased with the PCOS. To those who have had to have that experience, my heart goes out to you. I cannot begin to imagine that loss. I hope that you will soon get a BFP!!! :) Many loving thoughts and prayers to you!!! :)
I am so sorry.

I too, hope there is a miracle for you and your family in the next few days.  There is so little anyone can do or say to help you, but we sure can pray for you.

Wish you all the best.
((((hugs))) I am hoping for a miracle tomorrow.  Please know that I care about you and have been thinking about you all week! Keep your chin up and know there's people here for you! Kellie
Please know that you are in my thoughts and will be especially tomorrow.  Maybe the extreme symptoms you are feeling are a good sign??  I don't know anything about molar pregnancies so I looked it up last night it the site said that they are extremely rare.  You and your family are definitely in my prayers, and God often does work miracles!  Hang in there!!
Yeah I used a first response hpt.  I didn't use my first morning urine, but the test said that you can test at any time of the day.  I'm thinking that maybe my high progesterone level is just delaying my period from starting, I wish it would come on already if I'm not pregnant.
I had those same cramps too!  I think it is just that you ovulated, thats what people told me anyway.  My hubby and I have been ttc for about a year, but started seeing an RE back in January.  I have two friends that got pregnant on clomid after one cycle, so that does kind of give me hope.  I'm just so afraid that I'm getting my hopes up too high.  This waiting sucks!!  I wish women could just sleep through the entire 2 week waiting!!
Good luck to you!
So, I wonder if that means I ovulated yesterday or today??? I had my LH surge on Saturday, but it was even darker on Sunday. We had bd on Wed,Thurs & Saturday, but that is still within the 72 hour time frame if it was yesterday. Maybe we need to bd again tonight, just to be on the safe side????? I have always heard every other day from cycle day 10, but I have read recently that everyday is better???? Always a contradiction somewhere! :) I feel so much better! I really have been sooooo depressed today thinking my period was going to start early again. Maybe it won't and maybe this is just from ovulation! Thank you!!!!! :)
Just wanted to say I was on clomid for two months and my period were 2 - 3 days lates each time.  I had to come off of it because of the side effects and it was making my lining very thin.  Good luck!!!
thanks for your comment.  I think its going to be the same with me.  I just started spotting again, so I'm sure I'm not pregnant.
Hi Hun, Hope you didnt care for me giving an update? I hope not. Kellied and Taura was relly worried about you so i thought i would let them know what was happening.I just wanted to let you know i have been thinking about you.I will email you in a minute so check it.
Love Dawnna
Are you sure the spotting is not from implantation? If not don't give up, the chances are high for pregnancy on the clomid in the first 3 cycles and this is your first cycle. I know this is going to happen for us both!!!! I just keep praying!!! We are both going to get that BFP soon!!!! :)
Hi Everyone,

This is my first time here, I was reading though some of the comments/replies, and I was very interested in some of the comments I was reading.....
This is my second time with Chlomid, and Im REALLY hoping it works this time, I was on Chlomid about 10-12 years ago, had thee worst Gyno, went through alot of tests, surgeries you name it, I did them all............I had basically given up, and thought the dream of becoming a mommy was over,,,,,,,which was devastating!  
I have been going to a great gyno now, he took tests, U/S, and found a Uterine Fiberoid Cyst which I had surgically removed this last March, and now Im on 10mg of chlomid for my first cycle...anyone else in this same boat?  Im very much hoping that I become pregnant, I know I can get pregnant, had a m/c about 6 years ago, and just sorta gave up hope...........now, Im hoping my chances have changed.  Guess I just dont know why it's taking so long.
And yes being on chlomid I have had the cramping, and I do have a very embarrising question.......how can you tell your ovulating on Chlomid?  Sorry......
Thanks for any input/reply.

momtomaybe-be?
I also am taking Clomid. This is my second round on it. I have yet to become pregant, but there could be a chance that you are. I would wait a few more days and take another test. I wish you luck!
hello ladies, well im glad i found this site, i'm really depressed,i have been trying to get pregnant for about three years now and nothing,i had a missed period for three months i  really thought i was pregnant but no that was really depressing, so i had my period last month on the 3rd because my doc. gave me some pills to get my period so i did got it, i took my first cycle of clomid the 5th day of my period last month and again my period is missing i had some cramps but thats it, is the 9th and no period im so nervus and stressed out coul'd i be pregnant? please help.
abz
hello im so glad ive found someone in the same boat as me its hard trying to explain to someone how ur feeling if there not going through the same thing, ive been trying to fall for 3 yrs 2 and im on clomid ive been on it for 4 months now but nothing yet, my periods are still late even though im on it my advice to u is do a test b4 u start taking the tablets again just in case it might be that they need time to get them to work my periods are still later but they are getting better  give it a few months please let me know how u get on.
Hi!

Just came across this site trying to get some information.

Im on my first round of clomid, 50 mg. My period is now 4 days late. This Thursday, if no period yet, I will be a week late. I have heard clomid can make you late. But HOW late usually? I'm waiting a few more days to take a test.

I have been having "menstrual like" cramping for almost a week now. I thought it meant I was getting my period. I've heard clomid can give you cramping. But this cramping I have heard is also associated with early pregnancy.

Any opinions?
Hi!

Any opinions?
this is my second month on clomid.  i am 20 days in my cycle and have been having really bad cramps going on two weeks now---is this normal?    i have had 3 miscarrages where the fetus just stopped growing after 7 weeks.   its has been every 2 years between each pregnancy.  my progestrone level is 21.6 they say that is good but then they say it drops when i get pregnant.
I WAS ON CLOMID AFTER AN OPERATION ( OVARIAN DRILLING) I WASON CYCLE MONITORING AND SOME WEEKS AFTER OVULATION ( WHICH WAS DETECTED THOUGH THE VAGINAL SCAN). I BELEIVED I WAS NOT PRGENAT WHEN THE HOME PREGANCY TEST CAME OUT NEGATIVE.
I BEGAN ANOTHER DOSAGE OF PROGESTERONE WHICH HAD BEEN PRESCRIBED FOR MY IRREGULAR PEIOD INORDER TO BRING ON THE MENSES.
WELL I STARTED NOTICING SOME BREAST CRAMP AND LATER DICOVERED I WAS PREGNANT AFTER ALL. THE HOME TEST AND THE G.P CONFIRMED THIS. I MISCARRIED THE PREGNANCY VERY EARLY AND HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO FALL PREGANT SINCE.
BUT WHAT I WANT TO DRAW TO YOUR ATTENTION IS THAT SOMETIMES THE PREGANACY TEST MAY GIVE A DECIEVING RESULT.
I BELIEVE ITS BEST TO BE PATIOENT WHEN ON CLOMID AS I SOMETIMES WONDER IF MY USE OF PRIGESTERONE WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR MY MISCARRIAGE.

this is my second month on clomid,  is it normal to cramp?   i am on 21 days and still cramping, sometimes it wakes me up a nite and cant get back to sleep. how successfual is it to become pregnant while taking clomid?   i am only on it for 3 mths and then i go back and see my doc.   my progestrone levels are 21.6.
alernauehraheirnhaoeihr[a
hi
i am glad to see this forum.  I have been really worried.  I have recently started clomid and now am on my second cycle.  I am late having my period.  normally i have PMS prior to menstration ... but i haven't even had that this month. I took a pregnancy test and it came up negative. Anyone going through something similar to this?  and give good advise.

I have been tyring for over a year with no meds. and I am now on cycle 3 of clomid because 4months ago I had a hsg done and I only have one tube working and I have PCOS. any way since I started clomid my periods have been like clock work every 27 days I had a farrly reg. period before clomid as well it would just be off a few days here an there. this month I am late I have taken two pregnacy test both neg. I am about 4 days late I just went to the Dr. to take a blood test so I don't know could I be preg.
WELL I BEEN ON CLOMID KNOW FOR 3 CYCLE KNOW AND NOW I AM LATE  BUT I DID A TEST AND STILL NO PREGNANCY  I HAD 2 PREGNANCY BOTH NEG
this is my frist cycle on clomid (5-9, 50 mg). I am ALWAYS regular and now I am two days late. I have signs of being pregnant (Swollen, soar breats, bloated, exhausted, NO SPOTTING, constipated, lower back pain...) My test today was a big fat negative!!! We thought for sure I was. What do you guys think? I am so heart broken!! All I have done sice the test was cry and sleep... I need some answers. Some people swear that clomid makes you late? All I know is that I am always on time! And, when my doctor did my u/s on day 13 he saw 6 eggs and said Ovulation was imminent!!! Any advice would be appreciated!
This is my first cycle on Clomid (5-9), 50 mg).  I am 9 days late for my period, could I be pregnant?  No pregnancy signs.  When is the best time for me to take the pregnancy test?  My husband and I have been trying for a year now.  Is it normal to be on Clomid and have one's menstrual skip a month?  Please help.
Same story...this is my first cycle of Clomid 50 mg. (5-9)...mine was taken to test my eggs to see the quality of them...I'm also two days late...but when I went to see my doctor for a consult a few days ago... he did not have very good news for me...I'm doing the waiting game now for my period because he wants to do another sonogram...he said my husbands results were good but the quality of my eggs are not good and I have 5 follicle cysts in my uterus along with a 3 cm polyp...any advice...I will be turning 42 in December and I have had two surgeries in the past for severe stage 4 endometriosis.
i had the same thing in my second month of clomid ,i didnt had periods for 10 days,though i was on clomid,and all test wetre negative,then my docs got me periods by medicine,so there could be both chances,had anybody didnt ovaluted after clomid also.
The late period thing has happened to me too.  I am normally 28 day cycle, but since clomid I have been going 31-32 days.  It is torcher making us wait even longer.  My 28th day is next wednesday, and I am doing my best to be hopefull.  My boobs are super tender, but this is normal for me with clomid.  No other signs of pregnancy.  When do most people get the first signs of pregnancy?  Before or after the missed period?
if you use this drug and you really don't need it because u misinformed your dr can it harm you?

mombug
I still have not had my period.  Scary, I was wondering whether I ovulated at all on clomid.  Took Preg test and was negative.  Now I just don't know when my period is going to start again.
I am on my 3rd cycle of clomid and I am now 2 days late and I have been like clock work going 32 days. My breasts are tender, headaches, and very slight cramping. My PG test came back negative.
For those of you that have been experiencing this what came out of it?
When should I call the doctor?
I am aout to start my second cycle of clomid and have bad cramps, late period and very tender breasts. From reading this must be normal symptoms. I took a first response pregnancy test and it was negative. wonder if I'm pregnant.
I was just wondering were u pregnant? I have the exact same thing happening to me
Why doesnt anyone tell the outcome of there story
sounds like you very well could be pregnant. you should wait two weeks AFTER you miss your period to get an accurate hpt. why dont you do a blood test?
I was on clomid last year and got pregnant my 2nd cycle but sadly the pregnancy was lost @ 5mos. have been tryin now for 5mos with no success. I am on my 3rd cycle of clomid and my period is late usually i am 29-31 days. am on cycle day 34 with multiple pregnancy symptoms but a bfn. anyone ever had this happen to them?
So it turns out I am pregnant 1month and 2 days YAY!! But I was wondering Marcella did they say why you had a miscarriage. Has me a little nervous.
I skipped my period for a month and I started my period again on Friday, October 12 after taking my first cycle of clomid.  Very light bleeding.  Not normal like my regular period.  Why, does anyone know? Has this happened to anyone?
Feels great to hear a great outcome.
Well bad news, cycle started a week late. Doctor is now uping the dosage and I am scheduled in for HSG test next week to determine if my tubes are blocked.

Congrats Hopefulwishing
I am on my first cycle of clomid 50 mg day 5-9.  Did anyone's period get worse when they started it?  I am cycle day 18 and have alot of back pain, is this a sigh that I may be pregnant?  It just seems like eberyone around me is newly pregnant.  It is so frustrating!  We have been trying for almost 1 year.  My sister just had baby 3 weeks ago.  She got pregnent on the first try it is so frustrating!  I have to fight tooth and nail for everything and it seems like everything handed to her.  Getting really depressed!!!!

Baby Dust To All!!!
I took the CCT this month with 100mg Clomid day 5-9.....I am on day 32 with light spotting and bad cramps- like I would have my normal period, just very light flow... my normal cycle is 28-31. My CCT came back fine, just my estradoil levels were high, which is normal on this medication,I have not taken the pg test yet, because I think I am not pg and don't need to waist a test. However does anyone else has such a symptoms? let me tell you, I don' know if I will get back on Clomid, too many side effects for me from cramps, wierd period, headaches, major mood swings, you name it, I had it......
Hello!  This is my first time on clomid as well.  I have a 2 yr old daughter & had 2 m/c after we had her.  One in April 07 & then again in August 07.  Dr. put me on clomid due to low levels of progesterone.  I am pretty regular with getting my period but am now 1 day late.  Tested with a hpt and it came back negative.  Still hopeful that I may be pregnant but it is just not detected yet.  To answer someone else question about when you start to notice the signs of pregnancy......with my one successful pregnancy resulting in the birth of my daughter, I had no symptoms at all until approx. 2 weeks after we found out we were pregnant.  I missed a period, tested to just see & was so happily surprised!!!  About 2 - 3 weeks later, I started to feel nausea & all the other symptoms started to kick in.  Best of luck to all who want to be blessed with a baby!  My prayers go to those who struggle.
Just a update- got my period so started another round of clomid.  100mg this time D5-9.  Very disappointed but trying to stay hopeful.  I think I ovulated early this month where as last month I think I ovulated later.  Has anyone else ovulated earlier while taking clomid?  How is everyone testing for ovulation?  I use a OPK but wonder if there is something better.  ***Baby dust to all***
We tryed clomid and all it did for me and some of my friends is drive us nuts month after month and periods were all over the place . good luck on it
Clomid lenghtens the preovulation period...so ur period might be longer on it...but then .....u might still be pregnant and need only a few more days to retest so that the hormones level hcg is detectable.....good luck and i hope my second option is the right one...keep us posted.
bibi70
I am now a week late.  I went to the Dr. to have a blood test.  I guess I'll know on Monday.  I am on my 3rd round of Clomid.  I really want this to happen.  Keep us in your prayers.  I have felt like I was going to start for almost 2 weeks.  Mild cramping, no discharge, constipation.  Could I be pregnant?
Started out in August 07 w/50mg Clomid. Dr increased dosage to 100mg in October. Positive hpt Sunday before Thanksgiving (about 5 weeks). Miscarried exactly a week later at 6 weeks. Dr gave me progesterone to have regular period after mc. Started clomid again mid January. Week 4 I am having cramping and lower back pain w/o any sign of period. Negative hpt. Hopefully I'm just taking it too early. I'll take another test this weekend if no period.
I took Clomid for the first time and I was very excited when my period did not come. My Dr. did an ultrasound and it was clear that I had ovulated. I was so hoping to be pregnant! However, the HPT was negative. My period started late, exactly one month after my prior period. Normally my cycles are 24 days and very regular. We plan to try Clomid again. Hopefully, it will work next month!!!
well i am just as confussed as all of you, i have been ttc for 8 months now and i did 1 cycle of clomid 50mg in oct had a miscarriage with that and the test never showed positive, and took a second cycle in Dec and i still havent started my period and its Feb 13th i have taken several preg test all neg and a blood test about 2 weeks ago and it also was neg, i have lots of symptoms that i am pregnant i have no idea whats going on i have never missed a period. I would be almost 8 weeks now has this ever happen to anyone? and did you finally get a pos. test after almost 2 missed periods??
my husband and i have been trying to get pregnant of and on over the last seven years. we have tried clomid before with no result. this time however my doctor called and said my progestrone levels were very high and she thought it possible that im pregnant.  i've taken two test both have come out negative but im so moody i can cry for no reason, my breast hurt really bad and still no period.  i'm trying not to get my hopes up but its hard.  has anyone else been feeling this way and not pregnant.  im going to try another test tommorow morning.  this is my second month on clomid and i started my period on the 29th day last month it wasn't heavy but it was something. for all those out there trying to get pregnant just know that your not alone i know i feel like it some times because all of my girlfriends look at there husbands and get pregnant but hopefully it will happen for all of us.
Wow... these comments are all so informative!
My Doc didn't really warn me about any of this. My Husband and I have been ttc for over 4 years now... This is my first month of Clomid at 100mg day 5-9... I am now on day 28 and just waiting to get my period. For the past week I have had really severe cramping and nausea. My breasts are tender, my lower back aches, I am soooo tired and cry at every sappy commercial... I normally get my period every 27-28 days but normally spot 3-4 days prior... I am almost certain I am going to get it. But, I haven't had any spotting and just wonder if Clomid has regulated my period????? I keep hearing that I fit all the symptoms of early pregnancy. I took two hpt and both came back negative. It broke my heart. I had my blood taken 7 days ago and they found my progesterone level was 36.8 so that's good! They also did an ultrasound to see if something else was causing my cramping and they found a HUGE cyst on my left ovary... 3x the size of my uterus...OWIE! The doc came in and said not to worry.. but to follow up in two days from today so I guess I'll see what the heck is going on soon. I have been pulling my hair out waiting for my period to start. I am having all of the symtoms that I normally have when I'm on my period...but way more severe. Because of the cyst on my ovary, they don't want me to take Clomid this next cycle because they say clomid creates cysts and may cause mine to burst and since it was full of blood and tissue they didn't want that to happen at all. Anyways... thank GOD for all of you... thank you for the clarity and hope! I'll keep  you all in my prayers.. it's so sad to see Mother's that don't even want kids or could care less about them and then to see how many women are soooo desperate to have one. I have been rasing my husband's non biological son for 7 years and I am so ready to have a child of our own. Thank you thank you and God Bless!!!

Mema
hi everyone,im glad im not alone in having problems conceiving,its comforting to read these posts and know theres people out threre going through the same thing.i have a beautiful 7 yr old son who was conceived naturally.about 18 mths ago we decided to try and give him a sibling but to no avail,so went to doctor and turns out i have pcos.I was given glucophage for a couple of mths but didnt work so im on my first round of clomid 50mg day 2-6 combined with glucophage because i had a mc last yr.so fingers crossed it works and good luck to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cassie,ireland.
This is my first month on clomid (100mg) and like many of u  usually have a 28 day cycle.My period is 4 days late but the pregnancy test is negative, whats going on, i'm just praying. It's so cruel, but it helps to talk to other women in the same boat xxx
I wrote back in February so this is a follow up. I was not pregnant as I had hoped. I got my period two days later and started another round of clomid. That was my 5th round and 2nd since my mc in November. I just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant and I had my first Dr. appt today. I'm 5 weeks and hoping I make it well past 6 weeks this time. I'll keep you all posted.
Thanks for keeping this forum going!
My husban and I had a hard time getting pregnant with our first who was conceived naturally but born 9 weeks early.  She is now 4 and beautiful as ever.  We have been trying for another 3 years now and my frustration and depression couldn't be worse.  I am on my 4th round of clomid(100mg).  I have endometreosis, had surgery and they think my right ovary does not work. The last three times I was on clomid I got my period like clockwork on day 28, but this month I am on day 30.  I have had nausea, fatigue and breast tenderness and I thought Maybe.... but now I am having cramping.  It is so hard to want something so bad and feel you have no contol over it.  I can't bring myself to take a test because I'm to emotional over it all.  I hope everyone out there can make it happen, somehow, someway.
Best of luck
Kimberly in MN
I had my first ultrasound on Friday at 5 weeks 3 days. I was having some sharp pains, so they were checking for an ectopic. Results back today show I have two cycsts on my right ovary, but that the pregnancy is intrauterine, not ectopic. Good news! I have another ultrasound scheduled for nest Monday the 31st.
What you decribed is exactly what happened to me. I thought for sure I was going to start my period as I had cramping and breast tenderness. I took an early test and it was negative. I was so convinced that I wasn't pregnant that I waited another week. I finally took another test one morning before work. I was so convinced that it was going to be negative anyway, I peed on it and left it on the counter and went on to do some laundry. I actually forgot about it and checked it right before I went out the door and it was positive! Take the test and good luck to you!
So....were you pregnant?  I started my first round of clomid in March, 50mg days 5-9.  I had my progesterone levels checked on day 21, results 70!!  The doctor was extremely excited, the nurse even said that she rarely sees it that high.  They told me that the chances of me being pregnant were extremely high and to take an hpt if I missed my period.  My cycle ALWAYS runs between 25 & 28 days.  It's now day 29, pregnancy test is NEGATIVE (not even a hint of a line), I have slight cramps that come and go, but nothing like my usual pre-menstral cramps.  My temp has been elevated to an average of 99.1 since I ovulated on day 18 and isn't dropping.  If I'm not pregnant, I really just want to start my period and get the dissappointment over with:(  Any thoughts??
I thank God for such a comforting site. May God bless the person who started this site. You are an angel. I have been trying for over three years, I still believe in God's words that no woman shall be barren. We are all mothers and God will surely grant us our heart desires.

I started Clomid in January this year, and my cycle is 30 to 27, but I missed my period on the third cycle. I started spotting on day 30 to day 33 and no full period. Test shows negative. Am not sure what is going on with my body. However, I have made an appointment to see my GP.

Just looking for answers when I came across this site, thank you for all you have lovely angels have done. I am relieved and happy to have found a comforting site like this, may God wipe all our tears away

Love and inner peace

Olivia-Ely

TTC first child for 14 months (36yrs old).  I started my first round of clomid in March (50mg, cycle days 5-9).  I have gone through hormone tests and an HSG.  The only potential issue is my short luteal phase (10 to 12 days) and low progesterone level.  I didn't notice any side effects while taking the clomid.  I ovulated a day or two later than I normally do (confirmed by OPK and taking my temp).  I'm on day 11 after ovuation and I've been having light, sporadic cramping and my nipples/breasts are sensitive and oddly had discharge days 9&10).  I normally start my period between day 10-12 past ovulation so I was starting to get excited that I might be preg.  After reading several posts on this and other sites, I realize that light cramping and tender breasts are a result of the clomid.  I was going to take a HPT tomorrow, but I definitely think I'll wait to at least 14 days after ovulation.  I'm guessing the clomid did help increase my progesterone and lengthen my luteal phase.  I just hope my period isn't too late and too messed up like others have reported.  (also hoping it doesn't come at all and I am in fact preg).  
Hi i have a question i am hoping someone can help with??? i have been ttc with my lovely husband for the last 2 1/2 years with no success. had all the usual tests but nothing came up on them.The doc suggested clomid which i started last month march24th. some of you are saying you took it day 5-9 but i was told to take it from day 2 does anyone know why the difference in timing. also i would have a fairly regular cycle of 26-28 days never any later and i am now 2 days late. took a hpt this morning which was negative and i am devastated. i usually have terrible pms symptoms 3 days before my period but nothing yet- but i do have very sensitive boobs at the moment to even lie on them hurts- which is not a symptom of pms for me. I am finding it increasingly difficult to be happy for those getting pregnant around me and its my job!!! it just so isn't like me to begrudge other people. the last few days i have been crying over nothing. has anyone else felt like this or am i just bitter. i wish my period would come so i could start the next round of clomid if i am not pregnant
hi, i have the same cycle as you and just completed my first cycle on clomid 100mg days 5-9 and got my period on day 32. so, five days late but happy to finally have a confirmed answer! it can really play tricks on my emotions when i'm used to being a 27 day girl! anyway, doc is now starting me on 2nd clycle of day 3-7,which has very successful rates too!  don't worry about the timing difference, i'm not!  we'll achieve our goal eventually!  good luck to you! :)
hi all, i took 50mg clomid first time and usually have 28 day cycle, it is now day 35 since first day of last cycle, pregnancy test negative.Is this normal what do any of you think of chance of me being pregnant.
hi all, just to wish you all hope and success in getting your wish to have a good pregnancy this would mean so much to my husband and myself as we been trying for two years sadly with early miscarriage so now hoping clomid will work for us. lots love to you all.
hi all, still no proper cycle but very light pinkish show this morning although i do have sensations that i am due on someone said clomid wonderful but does mess with the mind... how true.
hi all actually started normal cycle so now on second round of clomid got hubby on zinc 30mg a day so we gonna relax a little this month and hopefully we get pregnant hope you all got good news x
i am 26 and my husband and i have been trying for a baby for just over six months, i have PCO, and was told at the age of 19 that i will find it very difficult to concieve, that was heart breaking.
I Started Clomid (serophene) 2/3 months ago i started on 25mg nothing happened so they put me on 50mg and i had ovulated. 17 days later i got my perieod so not prg, on the 5th day of my period i started clomid again 50mg, still nothing had happend so the doubled my dosage  to 100mg for five days a few days latyer , i had  done the urine ovulation test the day before my appointment which was two pink lines but one was not as dominant as the other and following day the test was positive two dominant pink lines indicating ovulation time, i had a scan nothing was there i then had a blood test which indicated i am serging this was on the 8th of may 08, specialist said if my cycle doesn't start with in the next 2 weeks come in and do a pregnancy test it has been 19 days still no period no symptoms only a bit of jubbing on the right side. does this sound positive i am driving myself crazy. help??? i have an appointment 2morrow for a prg test. i am scared i am looking in to it much.
where are you all with updates. how are you doing alexp26/
I just started clomid.  I am on my first cycle.  It has been an experience.  Since I started I have been nauseate, dizzy, had a headache and some slight cramping.

What I want to know is... does clomid make you more regular on your cycle? I was not regular before so I am wondering when to test if I am late.  I am only on D 16 so I have a while yet.  

Also what is bfn? How do you know if you have an LH surge or what your progesterone level is?
I am sorrry for your last period and for you cramping hope you feel better.
Have you been cramping lately i have.
I was in slight pain yesterday.  I took a midol and it went away.  I dont know what that was for something.  Almost like my left ovary hurts. Any ideas???
hi I am on my first round of clomid, I am on day 36 now and still no period - hpt says neitive is there still a chance or not??????????????????? Plase if someone has any hep - Im desperate! I thought the hpt were 99% true - if so Its not liel for me is it?
I believe that trying to have a baby and not being able to fall pregnant is the most heartbreaking ordeal in the world for a woman, and those who have no trouble at all getting pregnant have absolutely no idea what it feels like. And they shouldn’t try to.

I am 35 years old and have been trying for 3 years to have my 4th baby.

My first two were born when I was quite young and my 3rd was born 4 years ago to my adorable husband, who wants to have another baby of his own as my first two are not his. I have had 4 miscarriages in the last 3 years (and 2 before my 3rd) and no pregnancies at all for the last 12 months following surgery to correct a septum growing inside my uterus (a stupid decision it seems, made in desperation after my last miscarriage).

I think the most difficult part of this (besides not having a baby in my arms) is that people don't really understand and make hurtful comments to me or stupid, insensitive remarks because I already have children; but I feel just as strongly about having another baby as I did when I wanted my first, if not more now. There is no distinction between any of my children. I'm madly in love with my husband of 10 years and we simply desire more children together.

I have tried everything. Naturopath, acupuncturist, operation to fix my bicornute uterus, drugs, vitamins, drinking hideous cocktails from the naturopath, pilates, relaxation (and soon counselling) - even standing on my head and chanting to the Gods for help!!

I have been on Clomid for months and months now (a drug I am coming to consider is evil), self medicating the dosage myself after reading forums, as I lost faith in my awful and extremely uncaring OB and left him. I have made some really ridiculous decisions (including the self medication which stopped my period from coming this month - hence me finding this thread!) in the last year as I have found myself completely unable to think clearly and rationally.

I have slowly sunk into a fairly bad depression causing me to leave work on paid stress leave and placing a huge strain on my marriage with the hormone induced hissy fits and days of crying when I get my period. But it has meant that I am able to spend a lot of time with my 3 1/2 year old which does really help, although I still cry all the time and am constantly distracted and full of hidden despair.

I hope that people who already have kids and can't have more, realise that they are not alone out there and that there are many of us whose desire for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 10th child are very real and know it's very painful when it doesn't happen. We're not 'greedy' mums, but normal women with the same noisy biological clocks as any woman; ours are just still ticking hard after the last.

I never knew how hard having a baby could be. It is indescribable. I was grossly abused as a child, was cheated on by my first husband when I was 2 months pregnant with our 2nd and found myself a single mother. I have even lost my beloved mother seven years ago, but honestly, I have coped with all of that much, much better than this. So believe me when I say that it doesn't matter if you already have children; the hurt, pain and grief is very, very real and we don't deserve negative, nasty comments or the insensitive remarks from our friends just because we do (and no, "I'll be buying your cot from you," or "Look at how fat I'm getting!" are not nice or thoughtful things to say to a woman desperately trying for another baby!)

Please don't get me wrong. Yes, I'm extremely, extremely lucky to have my 3 children and I thank God every night for each of them. I adore them silly and spend most of my time driving them everywhere, watching them play sport, playing with them and generally fussing over them, even my smelly teenage boy, and I love it!  I feel so much pain for those women who can't have just one child. My sister-in-law is one of them and it was devastating watching my brother and his wife go through what they did until they finally adopted 2 gorgeous children. I do understand that those women would perhaps like to slap me in the face. Not being able to have any children is incomprehensible and I don't want to upset or insult ANYONE who can't have a child by my comments. That is the last thing that I want to do. I do know that I sound 'greedy', but I really don't think that I am. It's a yearning beyond my control and believe me, I wish more than anything that I didn't want another baby as much as I do!

I am really writing this for all those women out there who are just like me. We're those 'greedy' mums mentioned in the film, Juno, and the same ones who gasped when they heard Ellen Page utter that we are in the movie. But we don't mean to be - no-one wants to go through this. It's just the way it is. What I'm trying to say is that EVERY woman who can't conceive when she wants to needs love and support, not just some.

Baby Dust to all...and damn it, Baby Dust to me!
I feel your grief!  What a beautiful little boy you have!  I actually have four beautiful boys....when I guess 2 are men at 18 and 21, but they will always be my little boys.  I was lucky to marry a wonderful younger man last year after being together for 5 years after my ex and I split.  He has no children and is a great stepdad and all I want to do is give him one child of his own and it is so frustrating!  My ex made me have a tubal ligation after our last son was born (over 12 years ago) and I regretted it from day one.  I had my reversal done almost 4 months ago with a better than 65% success rate, but have yet to get pregnant.  I am scared because I am losing time...I am 42 years old but feel only 32.  My doctor started me on clomid this month, but have not ovulated yet.  I hope it will do the trick and I dream about a baby every night (even twins), but during the day I am pessimistic and said that it will never happen.  I have tried not to obsess over it, but I am scared!  From everything I read, taking clomid without doctor supervision can work against you by keeping you from ovulating all together. I hope you didn't up your dosage without getting labwork done at some point.  Be careful and if you don't like your doc, get another one that will work with you!  I hope and pray that we both get our BFP (Big Fat Positives) very soon!!! Take care!!!
Hi Ladies, I was on second round clomid day 5-9 and I am not pregnant because my blood test and HPT negative so far. My period is 1 day late now. I don't have much cramping at this time but I had some cramping few days after taking clomid. I think I will be off from clomid and try natural way first, I am worried about side effects of clomid.
I wish you all luck having your angel soon.
Hey there... I am 35 yrs old and have 2 kids. A 14 yr old boy and a 9 yr old girl. I remarried a couple yrs ago after being divorced for 4 yrs. My new husband is 37 and has no kids and is a great step father to my kids. We were very unsure at first if we wanted to have a baby because we were so selfish with our time together. Starting all over was a big decision. My oldest is old enough to watch his sister so we can go out to dinner now (our date nights) We just weren't sure if we wanted to give that up. I had never decided to have a baby, both my kids were complete surprises!! ( not planned) My kids father is no part of their lives at all and my husband has taken them on like they are his own. It hit me one day when my daughter said to me that it would be cool to have a baby that linked us all together. I fell in love with the idea and thought to myself I want my husband to know that love a parent feels for their baby/kids. That unconditional love. My husbands parents don't have any grand kids and treat my kids as if they are their own as well. I am truely blessed to have the family that I have. So we thought it would be a good idea to get pregnant and surprise everyone. I guess I took the fact that I couldn get pregnant for granted cause it just wasn't that easy!!! O NO!!! After a year of trying with no luck we went to see a Dr. We went though trying with his help to all the test ( Dye test, Sperm count ect.) They told me that one of my tubes was closed and the other was really kinda wavey. So that lead to 2 months on birth control and a laproscopic surgery. I am one month out of surgery and have done 2 cycles of clomid 50 mg and just went in yesterday because I am now 5 days late and had my blood taken and it was negative!!! What the heck.. My Dr. wants to try one more month on the clomid then in October do the IUI. He says there should be no reason I am not pregnant so he thinks now that my body (Something in my cervex or uterus) is attacking the sperm and killing it before it has a chance to get to my tubes!! Frustration level is high and I am so so so sad at this same time every month. It seems like it is a repetitious cycle that is never going to end!!!!
An update:  I saw a new obst 2 weeks ago and she told me to stop taking Clomid, which I did. She also told me off for self medicating myself and changing my dosages!  I missed my period this month (not pregnant) and I'm convinced it was the Clomid. So frustrating! I have thrown out all my boxes of pills!  I had a hysteroscopy yesterday and all was normal and clear. No endo and no scarring from previous surgery. My husband's sperm is also normal. So there is no reason, other than God's will as to why I lost so many babies and why I haven't been pregnant in over a year. I have decided to give up. It's too bloody hard. And I miss sex just for fun. Good luck to all you wonderful women who unfortunately have something as ****** as this in common with me. What a terrible thing to be able to relate to! Luv Donna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooo
hello everyone! my hubby and i have been trying to concieve for over 1 year. I have had 2 ectopic pregnancies and my last one resulted in a rupture. My OBGYN informed me that my remaining tube was in goog shape and getting pregnant should not be a problem. I am on my first round of Clomid 50mg. I usually have premenstrual discharge and havent had anything this month. I have noticed an increase in cervical mucus. No pregnancy symptoms at all. My period is due tomorrow and I am hoping I am pregnant. I attempted to take a First Response Early Dectection Test and the result was BFN ... any similar stories and/or suggestions??
I am also grateful for this post and to read other women who are going through the same situation.  i'm 37 no children and my husband and I are on cycle 4 of Clomid. Clomid has caused me to have ovarian cysts which so far have gone away on their own after a cycle rest.  I'm now on day 31 - this is very depressing as I've done three pregnancy tests all negative.  Like other women who have never had irregular periods, this is shocking and stressful.  I also have backache, brown discharge spotting and abdominal cramps.  I spoke to my doctor who said it would be so many different reasons, such as side effects of Clomid, of the sonogram I had to check my fallopian tubes, my cysts or a polyp.  I'm scheduled to see him next week.  Will follow up with results so folks can see what is possible.  To everyone on this post, I wish you the best of luck and love.  This is incredibly difficult and requires so much strength.  I'm hopeful that each of us will be blessed with a beautiful baby.  My best wishes to you all and much much love.
I did the Clomid and with each month that I took the clomid I was late by at least a week and each time had false hope.  I was always regular except the months on the Clomid.  I am now in the process of IVF we are on Cycle day 7.  I had all of the tests ran my husband was checked and dverything came back normal.   The time came when I felt like my regular dr could not do anything for me so I went to a fertility specialist (we tried on our own with clomid on and off for 2 years).  We were going to do and IUI so he had another S/A and that came back very low so the IUI was put off and we tested again 1 month later with the same results.  I encourage you to have your husband/boyfriend/partner checked because this could save you alot of heartache!!
I just wanted to let you all know that my husband did the IVF and are now almost 5 weeks pregnant on the first round.  We go in 2 weeks to find out how many we are expeting!!  GOOD LUCK to the rest of you!!
AuntX3,
That is such amazing news!!!!!!!  Sorry for my tardy reply but it's been so busy.  All the best to you and your husband... what great news!  
We've started IUI this month and will see how that goes.  Luckily, my husband's sperm sample was very good (twice the usual number - of this, he was quite proud!) and now I'm just waiting.  I hope and pray that your good luck was squeeze a little my way.  Thanks for your note!!!
We found out on February 16 that we are expecting triplets!.  We only transferred 2 embryos back mainly because that is the most that my fertility center will do and that would give us a better chance of ending up with a baby!!  Little did we know that not only would both of them implant but one would split into identicial twins.  They said that even though I am an identical twin that would not raise my chances to get identicals so we went through with both embryos.  It is so cool each week to see those tiny little babies growing and changing so much.  Good luck with your IUI keep us posted!!
I did my first cycle of clomid on 3/01 through 3/05 50mg and should of gotten my perion on the 17th and i am now 7 days late every couple days i would take a pregnancy test and all came back negative (heatbroken) whichi am gettin bad back pains, bloating, heatburns and my breast started to hurt yesterday.  I am also using the bathroom a lot more espcially at night (which i had all these symptons with my first pregnancy) Is this common symptoms of the medication? or can i actually be pregnant??  How much longer should i wait before i should call the doctor and do a blood test??????

me and my husband have been trying to have kids now for a few months, i am always getting these sharp pains in my lower abdo.  and my hips hurt, thats always a sign for me that my period is coming... well this time it was a good thing, i missed my period one day and took a test and it came positive...  YAIIIIII... also another sign for me was urinating...non stop...  they say you have to be pregnant for increased urination but not in my case, that was a sign of my little angel... wishing all of you the best and good  luck!
hello ladies, thank GOD for this site.  I started my first cycle of clomid 50mg 04/12-16/09.  I am now 37 days late. I had one quick spotting on May 4 and also on May 11.  My period has always been 26-28 days.  I am having light craming, high temp.  I did HPT on May 09, NEG.  If I am not pregnan, I just wish my period will come.

Hope40
Hello All. I am new to this site. I read it a lot because it helps "get me through". I just wanted to share my story. My husband and I have been ttc for 7 months now. I was pregnant back in sept. and lost it in november. I have Celiac Sprue (allergic to gluten) and it is causing havok on my reproductive system. I have testing done that shows I am not ovulating so mu doctor put me on clomid 50mg. I am on day 18 today. Last week was HORRIBLE. I had the worst nausea and hot flashes! Also, a rare side effective that i experienced, was what the doctor called vaginal atrophy.... basically intercouse was very painful because "i dried up"... imagine trying to do the "timed intercourse" then!!! Anyway.... I hoping and praying im pregnant so i do not have to do any more of the clomid! this waiting period between ovuation and my period is horrible.

Also, Today I started having abdominal cramps...

Hi I'm new to this site. and my husband and I have been trying to conceive our first child for over three years. I was just  diagnosed on March 27 with PCOS. My doctor put me on 50 mg. of clomid this past month and I have had some side effects such as headaches, hot flashes, and some major mood swings! I'm currently on day 28 of my cycle( usually run between 30-31days) Today I go for my 28 day appt. pg test and U/S again. I also learn my 21 day blood work for progesterone level. Hoping and praying it's a decent number. My sister-inlaw is going through the same thing and her's was too high. This site is very comforting as it makes me feel as though I'm not alone even though it seems like all my friends and family are getting pregnant very easily. It has been a long road already for my hubby and I and it's just beginning really. I have a couple more days until my period is due but I definitely feel like I will start. I will update soon. Hopefully Pregnant. Baby Dust to me and all!!
i am on my second time taking clomid, my first dose i was 5 days late on my period.now i started my second dose and now i am cramping like crazy am i ovulating maby.
Hi all

I am on clomid first cycle.  I am late with my period now for a week.  I've done the tests and they say I'm not preg.  So what do i do now do i consider myself not preg and just wait or is there still a little glimmer of hope??? i am crapping and have the back pain typical of period arrival. but extemely unsual to be as late as I am?? please help me??
After reading all of the comments, I am glad to know that I am not alone.  This is my first time here. I am on Cycle 1 of Clomid and am 4 days late.  Just like everyone else I am almost always very regular 28-30 days.  I took a HPT yesterday and it came up negative.  Now, after reading I know that this is common.  My husband and I have been trying for 8 months.  All blood tests came back normal.  I too am experiencing period like-cramps and tender breasts which are normal premenstral symptoms for me and as I'm finding out, normal side effects of Clomid.  My prayers go out to all of you.  I am going to give it another week before I take another hpt or get a blood test.  I hope to update everyone soon.  God Bless!
I am on first round of clomid. and am a week late, ive got nausea, headaches, cramps, dizziness, mood swings, going to bed late and waking up early. i think i had IB on day 27 a day before my period was due brown clotted wipe not enough to dirty a liner , have taken numerous HPT all of which were BFN ;( have been TTC have been TTC for almost 2 years, Lots of Prayers and Baby dust to all'
i
My hb and I have been trying for over two years. My gyno just put me on clomid and I am on the 3rd cycle. No luck so far. The first two cycles i still started late, but with this third cycle i have started a little early. This was after the gyno changed my clomid dose from 50mg to 100mg. Keeping positive about getting pg soon since the clomid seems to be working now.

I am praying for all of you. This is the worst feeling ever. TTC and not being able to forever.
hey every one i was taking clomid coz i 've pcos and this is my 1st round of clomid  and  my periods r six days late after using clomid ...i 'll check pregnancy test after 10 days....i 've some cramping on my right side near uterus ..i don't know what is it??is this normal??am i pregnant??m also lil scary if m not pregnant then what i 'm gona do??plzz comment...
hi I two suppered with that pain but it does go away! i think its just ovoualtion but with the clomid it makes everthing more sensative.  I dont think you have anything to worry about.  

I have been for three folical tracking scans and reckon this is an excellent way to see if the folical is actually producing eggs that are viable.  while i am on my thrird cycle and still not successful I am confident that one day soon the sun wille shine for us all and we will have our beautful little babies.

Good luck to you all and my prayers are with you all too.

xx
i also have been on clomid 100mg for two cycles now. i usually get my cycle every 26-28 days, it is now day 30 and have had lots of cramping, breast pain the usual. I took a hpt after one day of being late but got a BFN =(  this morning there was minor spotting but still nothing. . .i will wait a few more days and take another i will keep u all posted. baby dust to all!!!!!
just an update not pregnant =(  will keep trying good luck to all
Oh how great it is to know that I'm not the only one who is having trouble conceiving. I am 20 years old and me and my husband have been trying for right at a year now. I am a normal 28-30 day cycle, so I've always assumed there would be no problem. I started Clomid on the 3rd day of my last cycle. Today is my 37th day. I started spotting brown on my 29th day, a little bleeding on day 30, and light brown spotting once to twice a day since. I contacted my Dr. after I started spotting. He told me not to take my clomid until I started the heavy bleeding like a normal period because spotting was somewhat normal with the clomid. He told me to wait and take another home preg test a week after I called which is coming up this Monday....I'm very impatient, so I've taken multiple test and they are still coming up negative. Hope4003...you said that you were also on your 37th day, how did this work out for you?? I'll keep you updated!
Also...My doctor put me on 100mg of Clomid. When I went in on my 12th day to find out if I had ovulated, I had produced 8 eggs...on one side! He couldn't see the other side with the vaginal ultrasound because those eggs were so big they weren't leaving much room to see. I had 4 eggs that were over 20cm on that side and one of them was 24cm. That is really big and he said my chances for multiples were pretty high. I would assum that if I was preg and especially with multiples that the preg test would be testing positive by now...any comments??
hi, I am on my second cycle of clomid, my period is 4 days late, I took a pregnancy test two days ago and it was negative.  I am feeling no signs of pregnancy. I have been trying to get pregnant for 16 months.  I am 33, I am feeling very discouraged like this might not happen for me, I have never been pregnant before.  I see other woman on here that have been trying for years and I don't feel like I could try for that long without going crazy. Just wanted to write what Im feeling, this is the first discussion group I have joined.
My husband and I have been trying a year, so we went on Clomid. This is my first cycle of Clomid.  I now on day 30, and no period.  I took a preg test this morning, and it was negative- which I'm SO sick of seeing!  I had a big of brown spotting yesterday, but it was barely anything.  I called my doc office to see if I should consider that a period and start my next round of Clomid, and they told me no, not until it's significant bleeding.  They said to wait until day 45 to take another test, because it's so early it may not be showing up.  I'm having signs though of pregnancy...my nipples hurt so bad (they've never hurt this bad, ever!), and I feel so tired all of the time.  Has anyone else felt this way when on Clomid, or do you think it means pregnancy?  I'm so hopeful that I'm pregnant...
my partner did iui treatment 1st dec she was on clomid her periods are late she got light spots of blood 2day she took a test and it came back not pregnant we dont know what to do know the pregnant test said we should have done it first thing in the morning does it matter? help
I am 40, already have 2 great kids (14 and 11) from a previous marriage.  My new husband doesn't have any children of his own so we have been trying for a long time to get pregnant.

I am getting ready to take my third cycle of Clomid however I am 3 days late for my period.  Nope, I am not pregnant according to my HPT and the beta I got.  So the question is why does Clomid make our periods stop?  My doctor didn't up my dosage, its currently at 50mg - so what I want to know is why does Clomid do this?

Isn't the first symptom of pregnancy a missed period but yet we are not pregnant?  HELP!
Hi Everyone,

I've been on clomid for 2 months now, i was a week late last month,my day 21 blood test result was 12.0%  my doctor raised my dose to 3 tablets a day between 2-6, i had my day21 blood test results and it was 44.5%, the nurse said that i must have ovulated but now i am 3 days late, i have done a HPT and negative.

I have been in and out of the doctors for the last 2 weeks with terrible back pains, all round my right side and really sore breasts. all signs of early pregancy.

I have PCOS and have know about it for 5 years years, the specialist did say its quite bad hence having take clomid.

I have been ttc for about a year and half now.I honestly thought i was pregnant until i done the test, i was so upset. I'm just wondering if my stress levels could effect the delay of my period as all this pain has been completly stressing me out, has any one been through the same thing?

I would be so happy if someone could reply to me.

Baby dust to you all.
I am on clomid that I took from day 9 to day 12. today is my cycle day 30. pregnancy tests are all negative, and no period.I also have many symtoms. i wish I am pregnant if not I wish i can get my periods.
thanks and good luck to all of you.
Marieme
I took my first round of Clomid 50mg Feb. 1st through 5th.  Went for ultrasound on 2/10.  Doctor thinks I ovulated 2/9.  I started having pink/brown spotting on and off throughout the day last Friday and it continued through today.  Is this normal?  Today is day 29 of my cycle.  My doctor's office was closed today (he's sole practitioner OB so he does C-sections on the last Thursday of the month).   I just need to know if this constant off and on pink then brown spotting is normal.
i took my first round of clomid 50mg from 29th Dec through 2nd Jan and got my periods on 1st feb.
Took the second round of clomid 50 mg from feb 1st through 5th. now iam on cd37 today and still no period and got a BFN today morning. iam so confused and stressed out, Dont know what to do. Should i wait for few more days and try taking another HPT?
Thanks for sharing your stories.
I have a 4 years old beautiful girl and in 2008 had a miscarriage on the 13 week.  Very sad experience!
We have been trying for more than a year know and we have not been lucky!
This is my second cycle on clomid and my period is late.  I know for sure I am not pregnant because I took a blood exam and the result was negative.  From all the stories posted, I am guessing late periods are commons =(
Good luck to everybody!
Congratulations to those who have succeed =)
Hey all just a quick update as I have not been online here in over a year, After 2 years of TTC on our own we went to a fertility specialist found out that we would need to do IVF if we wanted children of our own.  Well round 1 of cycle 1 worked for us so well in fact we only transferred 2 embryos and found out that we were having triplets!  After a very uneventful pregnancy I was hospitalized at 31 weeks on August 6,2009 and gave birth via C-Section on August 26, 2009 at 34 weeks at 0819 am to all 3 very healthy but small boys! They weighed in at 4 lb 9 oz 18 1/2 inches 3 lb 11 oz 17 inches and 3 lb 5 oz and 15 3/4 inches long.  The biggest went to newborn nursery and the other 2 spent 14 and 16 days in the NICU only to gain weight no health problems at all!!! Now we are ranging between 14 and 16 pounds!!   Good Luck to all of you I know where you are coming from.  Just thought this might give some of you some encourgement when you feel like nothing is going to work!!

If any of you are in the Chattanooga Area and saw the Ronald McDonald House Telethon we were on it with 2 other families of triplets.  We were the one with three boys and the one with 3 girls were also results of fertiltiy treatments!!

Sparkoo how did your IUI go?  Hope all is well!!
My husband and I have been trying since I miscarried in late 2008. My husband in the army, so its very hard to plan out everything, with him being gone all the time. we tried for a year, and the doc on post told me after a year they would run test. they told me i have pcos, and statred me on clomid. I took my first round on feb 25th. im 3 days late, took 2 tests, both came up postive, Im having really bad cramps, tender breasts, and heart burn, I cant go to the doc until thursday, but im hoping i am pregnant. Is it normal if you are pregnant on clomid to have cramps. I feel like im on my period, hot flashes, back pain, and cramps. someone please help. This has been very hard, very depressing at times. Its very hard not to have my husband aroound for all this. Some how we got it worked out to where if I dont start in the next 3 months he will be home, but leaves in july for 12-18 months. The doc I went to didnt expalin any thing having to do with pcos, or taking the clomid. Im glad that I found this website.
i am on my 1st round of clomid 50mg ttc for over a year and no luck. should've started on saturday march 20 and nothing had  blood test done monday and it was negative so the doc tells me that clomid can make you cycle last 30-32 day so today is day 30 and no period.  i hate the waiting game if my period is going to come then let it come if not ok another round of clomid and maybe next month.  as for now i guess i have to have another bt on friday to see what it says
Hi Guys

Thanks for you stories, some give me hope and some make me more depressed.

I am trying to conceive for the past 2.5 years, I had a mis carrage 2 years ago and then found out i have PCOS. I am currently on  glucophage and i went on the first round of clomid on the 13 March. I havent got my periods yet (29 April) I have done 3 hpt 2 showed positive 1 negative i did a blood test yesterday it was neg. I am getting back pains, tired, nausae and i am vomiting if i am hungry.

Could the cysts be back, or is this the colomid side effects.
I am going insane not knowing

Hi there
Been on this site all time just got courage to write my story.  This is taking over my life! so much diff info out there dont know what to believe!

Have PCOS but have 3 year old daughter, tried for her for over 2 years.  Was taking periods back then but rarely ovulated.  Had mis c then fell preg straight after x

Not been ovulating for over a year, no periods, docs say due to PCOS and getting older, only just 28!

Been put on prog to start menses then clomid 50mg 2-6.  Docs say not ovulated at all but dont get it, took p at end of cycle 2 before taking any prog, so start cycle 3, now on day 18 and crampig x hopefully sing of early p.

Dos to be put up if this fails, is it better to take on days 5-9??

Just so confused with all diff info on here!
Hii i have irregular periods from strating and now after 2 yrs of married life i am on clomid  i did ovulated i think bcoz i got lh surge on 2 successve days and make love i had sore nipples and abdomenal pain at left sometime not that bad  and i have no period i started clomid on 7 day of my period  anybody in same boat
I know this is pretty old. But I just wanted to throw my story into the mix because often I see that people don't come back and say what happened to them. Here is my story.

I've been TTC for 6 months on 6 months of Clomid 50g (no known issues YET - Dr. put me on it to regulate my long cycles). I've had horrible dryness, headaches, hot flashes, and no sex drive. However, the ovulation predictor kits (OPKs) would come back positive every month, and every month I'd get my period 14-16 days later, like clockwork. Until now. On my final cycle of Clomid. I'm currently on cycle day (CD) 54, and I'm 33 days past ovulation (dpo). I should have gotten my period around July 1st 2010, and since today is the 21st of July, you can see I'm pretty late. All HPT (home pregnancy tests) that I've taken are negative. I went to the OB she refused to give me a blood test. I went to my reg doctor yesterday and she gave me a blood pregnancy test, and it came back negative. So, I have no idea whats going on, but I'm not pregnant and have no period all of the sudden on Clomid. Just throwing this out there so people know you CAN totally miss your period on clomid. Its a cruel cruel joke as I've sat here for so many weeks now thinking I was pregnant and I was one of those people that HPT just didn't work with..
Oops, those symptoms in the beginning, are what I had for side effects on Clomid.
Hi, to all :)

Well this is my story I thought I would share with you all.

I had my first child on clomid at the age of 26 with only having one cycle then about two years later I had an other child also with just one cycle with clomid.
Gosh I felt so lucky that I did not have to be on clomid for a long time.
Then about two years after having my second child I fell pregnant my self (strange but true)

I think I have been very lucky to have been able to have had the three children that I have, but now I'm 35 I want to go on to try and have an other so I'm back on clomid.

I'm on day 28 no sigh on my period coming just yet but gosh I feel so tender as if I'm pregnant but I cant be as i did a test and its negative.

xx
this is the 3rd month on clomid .i am on 50mgs. my cycle is every 31days today i woke with my period very sad. i pint pointed my ov day last month which was the 21st of july could i still be pregant i have light spotting now and very bright color.i am 32 and my boyfriend is 50 this would be his first child i have 2 boys now 11&16 this time seem somuch harder to get prego.i took the clomid on days 3-7 of my period .i have the lower back pain with my period & alil cramping .i am still hopeing to be prego.

I just did my first run of Clomide last month and I am on 28 day. I usually always get my period 27 or 28 day. Took test and it was negative. I have tendor breasts and am so tired. After reading all these posts was kind of depressing because I am pretty sure that means I am late and not pregnant. Makes me wonder if I should have done Clomide. There was nothing wrong with me. Had all the tests and been trying 4 months the doctor and I talked and she just decided to put me on Clomide to give me a push since I am 38. Getting really frustrate!!!!! I guess if my period comes I will start all over again. Good luck to everyone. Baby Dust to you all.
By Tina Mensah

I have been diagnosed with pcos and have very irregular periods, been on metformin for months but i have now been given clomid 50g. I have taken the clomid once, i was asked to take it on day 2 of period, and i only got slight spotting, so thought it was period and took the clomid. I experienced some cramping after few days. and after about 11 days i experienced spotting again which went on for few days. till now period after over 35days!
im abit worried and concerned. Thought clomid would help me conceive or at least have a period..  

I have been TTC by IUI for 7 months.  I am on my first cycle of clomid and am currently on cycle day 29. I should have my period today, but nothing.  HPT BFN yesterday, and am afraid to test again.  Have some weird cramping (if thats what you want to call it) going on.  I hope I am pregnant and its not the meds! Ugh.
Hi ladies! I have been reading tons of posts from several sites to try to understand more about what I am experiencing. I wanted to share my story so that maybe it will help some of you. I am 33 y/o and don't have POCS, but do have hypothyroidism(controlled with meds). I have had very long lengths between cycles since 13 y/o and in fact didn't have periods unless on BCP. I was told that I had too high of testosterone and low estrogen when I was in my teens, but since I was not ttc, nothing was done about it. Two years after getting married, I stopped the BCP and my periods stopped for 5 years, too. Then in June of 09-June of 10, I had very regular periods on my own and according to my CM, did ovulate. We were not ttc during that time, but were not preventing it either, yet nothing. Then my periods stopped again for about 3 months. Being that we are getting older and have been married for 7 years, we want kids more than ever now, so I decided to see a Dr and find out what was going on. All my test came back normal and there was no explanation for why I just started and then just stopped. She put me on Pometrium to make me have a period and then 50mg of Clomid on days 3-7 of my cycle. On the prometrium, I spotted the second day after I started it, but just barely. Regardless, the Dr. said start clomid on 3rd day. After I finished the clomid, I did experience some increased moodiness and felt mild cramps and discomfort the week following. I experienced mild CM during ovulation time but all my home ovulation tests came back neg. Then I had intense cramping, especially on my right side the day after I was suppose to be done ovulating. Later, with blood test, I found out that I had ovulated, and the pain was most likely my egg releasing. We had made love less than 24 hours before the egg release, so I figured there was still a chance of conception. The cramps continued off and on for the next week and a half and I had very sore and swollen breasts. I had read that when your pregnant you might experience cramping due to the uterus stretching, along with sore swollen breast. I did feel a little more hormonal(moody) than normal and very-very tired. Wondering if I was pregnant, I took 4 hpt from CD 25-28 and all were negative. Though I have heard that HPT can be wrong if your levels are not high enough. I was told that I was due to start on day 28 of my cycle, but when I didn't start by the 30th CD, I went back to the Dr. and did a blood test. It came back negative as well. I was a little disappointed, but mostly stressed to why I had not started and just wanted to get past the discomfort that my body was going through. I didn't start my period until my 32nd day and it has been quite intense so far. Lots of cramping, first in the center of my lower abdomen, with occasional extreme cramps on my right side, then some cramping on my left side. Pretty much all over now and heavy flow. When I was having a natural cycle, it was not this intense and typically lasted 5-7 days. I sure hope this doesn't last that long. At least I know now that the test were right and my breast are not sore anymore! I am excited but nervous to start my next round of Clomid. Even though we really want a baby soon, the meds have made me feel things that I have not experienced before and all of this watching and waiting its a little taxing. Good luck to you all! I will try to keep you posted on updates.