Late period, some cramping, on clomid
Has anyone experienced late periods while on clomid?  Usually I get my periods on time, but this is my first round of clomid.  I am 2 days late and got a bfn.  I feel slight cramping and had spotting on Sunday but then nothing.  I have been experiencing heart burn and nausea (at night).  Could I still possibly be pregnant but not showing on the hpt?  Thanks in advance for any help!
Hi, to all :)

Well this is my story I thought I would share with you all.

I had my first child on clomid at the age of 26 with only having one cycle then about two years later I had an other child also with just one cycle with clomid.
Gosh I felt so lucky that I did not have to be on clomid for a long time.
Then about two years after having my second child I fell pregnant my self (strange but true)

I think I have been very lucky to have been able to have had the three children that I have, but now I'm 35 I want to go on to try and have an other so I'm back on clomid.

I'm on day 28 no sigh on my period coming just yet but gosh I feel so tender as if I'm pregnant but I cant be as i did a test and its negative.

xx
this is the 3rd month on clomid .i am on 50mgs. my cycle is every 31days today i woke with my period very sad. i pint pointed my ov day last month which was the 21st of july could i still be pregant i have light spotting now and very bright color.i am 32 and my boyfriend is 50 this would be his first child i have 2 boys now 11&16 this time seem somuch harder to get prego.i took the clomid on days 3-7 of my period .i have the lower back pain with my period & alil cramping .i am still hopeing to be prego.

I just did my first run of Clomide last month and I am on 28 day. I usually always get my period 27 or 28 day. Took test and it was negative. I have tendor breasts and am so tired. After reading all these posts was kind of depressing because I am pretty sure that means I am late and not pregnant. Makes me wonder if I should have done Clomide. There was nothing wrong with me. Had all the tests and been trying 4 months the doctor and I talked and she just decided to put me on Clomide to give me a push since I am 38. Getting really frustrate!!!!! I guess if my period comes I will start all over again. Good luck to everyone. Baby Dust to you all.
By Tina Mensah

I have been diagnosed with pcos and have very irregular periods, been on metformin for months but i have now been given clomid 50g. I have taken the clomid once, i was asked to take it on day 2 of period, and i only got slight spotting, so thought it was period and took the clomid. I experienced some cramping after few days. and after about 11 days i experienced spotting again which went on for few days. till now period after over 35days!
im abit worried and concerned. Thought clomid would help me conceive or at least have a period..  

I have been TTC by IUI for 7 months.  I am on my first cycle of clomid and am currently on cycle day 29. I should have my period today, but nothing.  HPT BFN yesterday, and am afraid to test again.  Have some weird cramping (if thats what you want to call it) going on.  I hope I am pregnant and its not the meds! Ugh.
Hi ladies! I have been reading tons of posts from several sites to try to understand more about what I am experiencing. I wanted to share my story so that maybe it will help some of you. I am 33 y/o and don't have POCS, but do have hypothyroidism(controlled with meds). I have had very long lengths between cycles since 13 y/o and in fact didn't have periods unless on BCP. I was told that I had too high of testosterone and low estrogen when I was in my teens, but since I was not ttc, nothing was done about it. Two years after getting married, I stopped the BCP and my periods stopped for 5 years, too. Then in June of 09-June of 10, I had very regular periods on my own and according to my CM, did ovulate. We were not ttc during that time, but were not preventing it either, yet nothing. Then my periods stopped again for about 3 months. Being that we are getting older and have been married for 7 years, we want kids more than ever now, so I decided to see a Dr and find out what was going on. All my test came back normal and there was no explanation for why I just started and then just stopped. She put me on Pometrium to make me have a period and then 50mg of Clomid on days 3-7 of my cycle. On the prometrium, I spotted the second day after I started it, but just barely. Regardless, the Dr. said start clomid on 3rd day. After I finished the clomid, I did experience some increased moodiness and felt mild cramps and discomfort the week following. I experienced mild CM during ovulation time but all my home ovulation tests came back neg. Then I had intense cramping, especially on my right side the day after I was suppose to be done ovulating. Later, with blood test, I found out that I had ovulated, and the pain was most likely my egg releasing. We had made love less than 24 hours before the egg release, so I figured there was still a chance of conception. The cramps continued off and on for the next week and a half and I had very sore and swollen breasts. I had read that when your pregnant you might experience cramping due to the uterus stretching, along with sore swollen breast. I did feel a little more hormonal(moody) than normal and very-very tired. Wondering if I was pregnant, I took 4 hpt from CD 25-28 and all were negative. Though I have heard that HPT can be wrong if your levels are not high enough. I was told that I was due to start on day 28 of my cycle, but when I didn't start by the 30th CD, I went back to the Dr. and did a blood test. It came back negative as well. I was a little disappointed, but mostly stressed to why I had not started and just wanted to get past the discomfort that my body was going through. I didn't start my period until my 32nd day and it has been quite intense so far. Lots of cramping, first in the center of my lower abdomen, with occasional extreme cramps on my right side, then some cramping on my left side. Pretty much all over now and heavy flow. When I was having a natural cycle, it was not this intense and typically lasted 5-7 days. I sure hope this doesn't last that long. At least I know now that the test were right and my breast are not sore anymore! I am excited but nervous to start my next round of Clomid. Even though we really want a baby soon, the meds have made me feel things that I have not experienced before and all of this watching and waiting its a little taxing. Good luck to you all! I will try to keep you posted on updates.
Hi I am new to this, my story is i was told i had PCOS about 2 years ago my husband and i have been TTC for about 2 years DOC put me on Clomid 50mg Days 5-9 In Sep I compleatly missed my period in Oct, due for my period again on Monday My last period was 63 days ago my cycles are between 33-37 days The DOC gave me a blood test but have not got results yet want to take a urine test but done so many in the past and cant deal with the heartache again, My Husband Sperm count was low but the DOC said it could of been due to Sickness, I usely get sore breasts before a period so thought i was going to get one, but i had sore breasts for about 4 weeks and extreamly itchy nipples, i Had light cramping on and off for 2 weeks and bad back pain, havent felt right a little sick and so tied but i hope i am not imagining it all due to just wanting it so bad Can anyone give me any advice please Thanks
Well went and just did it got a test and i could not believe it i got a BFP nearlly feel over have an appiontment to see doctor thursday cant wait to see ultrasound so the answer is yes you can get pregnant on 50mg of clomid and yes the first cycle will being praying for everyone else and dont give up hope
Congrats! I know someone who got preggers her 1st round too and carried full term with no complications. I hope everything goes well for you. Best wishes and keep us posted.
I am on 2nd cycle Clomid and Metformin. my period didnt show up last was 13th Oct. Should I take provera to bring my period come and go to Clomid 3rd cycle?

please help.
What did your Dr. say? I thought a period would have to happen before clomid could be used, but I am not sure. I am on my 3rd and last month of Clomid. I will be sent to a specialist next month if it doesnt take this month. My doc increased me to 100mg. I have ovulated and had a period the last two months on 50 mgs, so Im confused to why it would be adjusted, but anything that helps is welcomed! :)
Hi Ladies

I am also on my first cycle of clomid, day 3-7, l have not had my period, pregnacy test negative. I am now on day 33, getting period pain like stomach cramps, my apetite has increased and l feel bloated, however l don't feel pregnant. l have been pregnant twice before with a 17 yr old and 3 yr old. l am 39 and trying for my last born, have been trying for the past 2 yrs. has anyone had this experience am thinking of going to see my doc next, is 33 day cycle normal when on clomid.
I am on my first round of Clomid 50mg, when I had my 21 day progesterone test the result was disappointing. I had gone from .5 to 1.5. I am 8 days late today. I had my period on the 21st in Nov and Dec so here it is the 29th and not only no period I had a negative test this morning. I took the First Response ept and thought I should know something by now. I have had these low dull cramps for almost a week so I just keep running to bathroom thinking AF will be there but nothing. My husband and I have been ttc for 2,5 yrs and so you can imagine it is really hard not to be hopeful. I emailed my doctor and asked her if the progesterone test results could have been wrong and she said yes, she said they are based on a 28 day cycle so if I am on a 31 day cycle it would be off. My usual pms symptoms have not been there. I normally get cramping for a day with painful breasts three days before I start, cramps dissipate then AF comes.This month just these low dull constant cramps. So it's been 40 days since my last period started and I am really trying to keep my head in check but seriously, what is going on here? Has anyone else had this happen then find out they were pregnant? Lots of love and baby dust to everyone. It is my dream to be a mama, btw I will be 39 on Valentines Day, what a wonderful Birthday gift this would be.
Hello Ladies.
I had the same issue with clomid this month.This was my first round on clomid this year (I was on clomid 2009 for 5 month without result).My AF started today, which is almost a week late.It is unusual to have a late period while on clomid.And as most of you ladies, I had crampings, felt nauseated and had very high temperatures for 2 weeks before AF started.Those signs gave me a hope for possible pregnancy. Now I'm so depressed and dissapointed .TTC for 3 years...:(
Hi everyone last month was my 1st month on clomid days 5-9 50 mg didnt ovulate my dr said per my blood work. I had major hot flashes at night and my moods were so bad my bf and i got pulled over by a cop who seen me crying in the car and though he beat me lol poor man.

this month i am to start 100 mg also days 5-9. we want a child so bad and have been trying for almost 3 years. im 34 and time is not on my side. im a little depressed right now but my momma tells me to keep my head up and that God will make it happen.

Much baby dust ladies to us all....
42 yo on 2nd cycle 100mg clomid.

Last Period Dec 27,2010, today is Feb 13,2011 and nothing, not even a spot of anything. Normally my periods are 25/26 days like clock work. Occasionally I make be a week late, once a year or every 18 months or so.

I want to be preggo, refuse to test because I don't feel breast tenderness or simply don't want to see another negative test. According to the chart if I am pregnant this is Week 7-Day 1.

I am constantly starving. Feeling light cramping or pain not necessarily sometimes like period, but as quickly as it comes, it goes. I every so often feel breast pain and a tingle, but is not constant like when I have been pregnant is the past. So, I don't know what to think. Like I just ate an 1 hour ago and I am starving to death right now. Crazy.

I don't want to be dissapointed again so i am just kinda waiting to see if will come on her own. Day 53 days between a period is the longest. Quickly approaching that day this week. Any ideas? I know it sounds silly but if by 9 weeks nothing I will go to doctor, usually the fundas(baby) has grown into the uterus and it is pretty obvious.
Hi all.
I took clomid (days2-6) 50mg 1st round and got pregnant with our now 5yr old boy - perfectly healthy boy too, we are now trying for our second with no luck . have being trying for over a year and have had tests which show Im ovulating. Doctor has put me back on clomid but after two cycles no luck. 2nd cycle has made me feel quite sick on it. Waiting for period and was two days late but now I think Im about to start period so will be back on clomid again days 2-6 50mg.  Giving up hope slowly that it will ever happen again.  baby dust to all x
Hi ladies,
this is the first time I am leaving a comment on here but i wanted to share my story. I am about to start my third cycle of clomide on 150 mg. My first cycle was 50 mg and it didnt take my second cycle was 100 mg and it also didnt take now i am suppose to be starting my third and final cycle but I have one problem, i am late 5 days, I have been reallt tired lately, my breasts have been swollen and lets not even talk about my nipples, THEY HURT!!1 But I am scared to take a pregnancy test. While I was on clomide on the second cycle I bought an ovulation kit and every time I checked it always showed me negative so I really dont even know when I ovulated, I feel like I did it wrong (not on the correct days). i called my DR and he adviced me to wait a week and take a pregnancy test if not we would have to do the 3rd cycle but now my problem is that my period isnt coming. I was already very irregular before I started TTC so my GYNO put me on provera, it came for 2 moths straight and now it stopped. I am so confused...I have been also taking a folic acid pill a day aswell as metmorphin but still I dont know....Can anyone help me, i am getting really discouraged, stressed out and depressed. My husband has two kids already which I have been raising but the youngest one is turning 7 and I think and feel like its my turn.
HI all, i am new to this forum. Couple years ago i was diagnosed with PCOS. I have been trying to conceive but no luck. I was on Metformin for couple months and now i have just completed my second cycle of Clomid. Befor the clomid, my period would be missing for months upon months, but since i started Clomid, it has a regular cycle of 28 days. I have had cramping like my period is about to come on several occasions, but it hasn't. I am now 8 days late, could i possible be pregnant? i have done a home pregnacy test at 4 days late and it was negative. I have an ultrasound appointment today, will this help?
I am in the exact same situation.  My period is late, I have been experiencing cramping, and I have taken 3 negative pregnancy tests.  After reading through this forum, it seems pretty common.  Good luck with the ultrasound!  I feel your frustration.
Hi All, thought i would share my story and see if anyone has any advice.  I was dianosed with PCOS in the severe catergory when i was 25 i have always had extremely heavy periods,cycles that last up to 14 days, excessing cramping, clotting, fatigue and hair growth.  I have been trying for a baby for the last two years without success.  My specialist at the beginning of the year put me on clomid 50MG which i took but didn't ovulate. I have always had my periods however  i may skip one or i may just be 1-2 weeks late.  Since taking the clomid i have not had a period for 4 months, my last one was due in January, we are now may and i am really worried.  I saw my specialist and he just gave me MORE pills to take to bring on my period, at this stage i have not taken them as i am concerned.  Has anyone else had this expereice????
Hi ladies. You give me a lot of comfort reading this forum. And for me, it's good to know that I am not alone. Ive been on clomid for 2 cycles now. First was 50 mg and second was 100 mg. Now doc has sent me back to 50 mg. I don't know if this is a good idea. And I cannot contact him as I am not in town. Does anyone know the reason to reduce a dosage? And just a piece of advice- I believe it is easier to do a pregnancy test when ur period is due rather than waiting and hoping on clomid. Then u can move on and not feel too disappointed when ur period comes. Thanks a lot girls, and pls lets always have updates on what's going in ur lives. It's always easier to know that ure not alone. Baby dust to me and all ttc ladies.
I have a beautiful boy 9 mo. old now. He was a second cycle clomid baby. The prgnancy started as twins but didn't make it past three months, one baby is definately better then none.
I am now on the first cycle of clomid again and lets hope for another. this is the first time I experienced cramping and a week and a half to see about preggers.
Good luck to all of you trying.
My hear aches for every women who is struggling with infertility...
I too have been struggling with infertility.. I have been diagnosed with PCOS.. my doc. put me on provera for a couple of months mostly to bring on my period cuz my cycles are so irregular.. He then started me on Clomid, I went thru the first cycle.. no pregnancy.. but got my period exactly 4 weeks prior to the last.. i then took the 2nd dose about a month ago, i still haven't gotten my period yet.. but now I'm cramping.. i did a urine pregnancy test which came back negative..What is going on?? I'm so terrified to know that I'll do another test and it will come back negative!!
Okay so i an also hoping that I am pg I am on my first round of clomid and i am one day late with a lot of cramping
I am on my first month of taking 50mg of clomid. I have only one ovary and my progesterone  is low.. I conceived my daughter back in 09 and she is truly a miracle child!! she keeps asking me for a baby sister, I so want to give her one!!! the dr called me today and he said that he doesnt think that I am pregnant.. what a disappointment. so he is increasing my dose up to 100mg. I really hope this works besides the swollen breasts during taking the cycle and now the powerful cramps from my late period, and the mood swings I dont know how much I can take with these pills!! I want a baby so I wil keep trucking along and try!!! Wish us luck, and good luck to you all too!! I am glad I am not alone in this world!!
Hello, Hopefulwishing1981
I am currently in my first round of clomid 50mg My last menses was Dec 7,2011 so I am guessing I was suppose to start January 7,2012 so I am one day late and for some weird reason I have been feeling nausea at night is there any signs you had that might shine some light on my case. I am actually going to a Doctors Appointment January 09,2012 Monday. Symptoms: Nausea, Headache, extremely exhausted, sleepy, increase in appetite.
Thank You! a head of time. ******( <3 )******* Baby Dust to every one
Oh! Congratulations on your successful story of clomid.
I wanted to comment and tell you my story is so similar to yours. I have one tube due to an ectopic pregnancy and my progesterone was .5. I've been on clomid for one round and my progesterone increased to 10. I"m feeling some cramping and nausea. I'm on day 28 of my cycle (I usually only go 25 days). Every feeling of moisture I get, I run to the bathroom to check for blood. It is insanity! I have a son, who like your daughter is a true miracle child. He and I both almost didn't make it. I don't want to be ungrateful for the beautiful boy I have, but I do want another child. I'm so frustrated with the waiting and running to the bathroom. I know the disappointment will be awful if I am not pg.
The first day I took Clomid as the doctor directed my period came with pain and cramp, im worried if the tablet will work during my period don't know what to do because my next appointment with the doctor is untill April. Can some one please give me a advise ASAP, why my period came down the same day I start taking Clomid?
Thank you.
This wall post is so comforting!! I am on clomid taken days 3 - 7 on cycle and take 1000g of metformin, have ovulated as per day 21 blood test. I knew i had as I have had sore breasts since - for 14 days now - nipples are worse in the day! I have mood swings on clomid and up and down at the moment. I do not get regular periods and have had to take the progesterone challenege prior to the rounds. This is my 3rd round and succesfull without increase of clomid and adding in the metformin which i started on 250mg and increased by 250mg weekly until settled, unable to tolerate anymore that 1g a day. I have used pregnancy test now on day 28 of 25mIU/ml sensitivity but negative. Maybe these symptons are all PMS as just simply not used to them, i feel tired and bloated. We got busy on days 12, 14, 17 so this i whope was in the fertile phase if postive ovulation on day 21, does anyone know! It appears many people do not get a positive result for some time. Oh and also been getting really odd dizzy spells, feels like iam going to faint and then goes away as quick as it comes, anyone get that?? but maybe a sympton of the metformin! Be great to join your discussion and support. Good luck to you all.
This is my first round on Clomid and I am now 4 days late. I took a hpt yesterday and it was negative. I was told by my doctor to wait at least 5 days after my first missed period to test but I was excited only to feel let down as I have every month of this past year. So, I think that late periods are quite common while taking this drug after doing much reading on other forums. Good Luck to all of you!!!
Sorry it took me a few months to reply... I stopped after two months of Clomid.... Now we are trying again... We had the dye test and a sonogram everything was working properly... Soo I guess it's only time... I'm two days late again with a negative test so I'm sure I'm not prego... But I will tell you this!!!! We invested in a clear blue easy fertility monitor it was expensive but worth it... I've been keeping track and documenting every month.. This month I was day 20 when I ovulated... I know I ovulated the week before with my daughter also... So if you guys think you ovulated but don't know for sure take 150 dollars and put it into a monitor... They are awesome and give you a piece of mind that you guys are in fact ovulating!!! Good luck everyone!!!!
I'm on the same dosage.... Keep me updated about how the two work together.... What was your update??? I've been sick to my stomach the past week but I think it's the metformin increase.  Idk though... Only time will tell!!!!
I had pelvic uss and it reads.the uterus is normal in size with smooth outline and homogeneous echogenicity, endometrial layer is well defind 15mm thick, the ovaries are normal with follicular cysts of varying sizes in situ, no free pelvic fluid is seen.plls I don't understand this result thanks
I took clomid and usually gets my period on time,but was late for 3 days. I feel slight cramping and I am spotting today I have been experiencing heartbur,cold and nausea could I still possibly be pregnant.thanks I need ur help.
I took clomid and usually gets my period on time,but was late for 3 days. I feel slight cramping and I am spotting today I have been experiencing heartburn,cold and nausea could I still possibly be pregnant.thanks I need ur help.
to know if u are ovulating, use ovulation predict kits between days 10 - 16 of your cycle. U can also observe your vaginal discharge around same period of your cycle, u should be ovulating shortly after seeing that it changes to a sticky whitish discharge.  Hope this helps.
hi, I was on Clomid for 7 months with no luck and have been trying for 4 years the specialist did blood tests and said Clomid would only give me a 5% chance due to my age (37) good luck to everyone I know the waiting game ***** especially when Clomid makes your period late. Mine was always every 30 to 32 days on clomid
please carreyD tell me were u pregnant then???? because i am also on the first cycle of clomid and i have cramps for more than five days..... please reply me,, i m so confused and nervous...
Hi. I am on my first cycle of clomid. Back in the days (9 years ago) I got pregnant twice with Clomid (Clomiphine). I have a nine year old son and I misscarried one. I am now trying to get pregnant and left a great big gap by trying naturally but no luck. I have gone over and feel slight cramps. I think I have got my hopess up as I have started buying baby clothes which I can not help myself with. the test yesterday showed negative :( Could I still be pregnant. I took clomid on the 18th of October for 5 days. My period was on the 17th. I am really stressed. Did anyone fall pregnant after taking clomid and it was reading negative in the first month?
Hi there.  I'm trying to sort this out.  Please let me know if I am understanding this correctly.
?

LMP was October 17th, and you took clomid days 2 through 6 correct?  Do you typically have a 28 day cycle?

A couple of things.  Clomid can change your cycle somewhat.  It can (and often does) delay ovulation, therefor delaying your period.  Most women will still begin to menstruate about 14 days after ovulation.  So if you normally have a 28 day cycle, a non medicated cycle would have been: LMP October 17th.  Ovulation would have been around October 31st, with next cycle due to start around the 14th of November.  Clomid for me delayed things about 5 to 6 days.  Either way you are still late.  

Now, if you are saying you got your next period around the 17th of November, and were not pregnant, I certainly would not give up hope.  Even with clomid it can take more then one cycle, and usually does.

I am curious....you are taking this under a Dr.'s care right?  The reason I ask is that clomid use should always be monitored, and I know some are buying it off of the internet.  This is dangerous as you have no way of knowing what you are actually getting, and it's important to be monitored for overstimulated ovaries and of course possible required dosage adjustments.  I wanted to mention that just in case.  All the best to you.
hi ladies this my first time taking clomid of 50mg im 28 with no children and been trying to become a mommy for two years now im taking clomid this month and im 33 days in my cycle and my cycle is usually 28 days im having low back cramping, dizziness and i feel funny im also having alot of cm. i took a pregnancy test but it was neg ... im a little worried that i might not be prego
i know this is old but did your period come. my period is about every 25-26 days. but this time, after clomid 100 mg i am cd 33 and no period. two neg home tests. how delayed does clomid make your period
Bumble bee. That's what I'm worried about. Had progesterone blood test at day 24 that was 9. Which is low for a clomid cycle but still possible for ovulation.
I saw my RE day 29. BFN. Supposed to wait till day 35 to test again and then start progesterone to induce a period as I won't have one if I didn't ovulate (PCOS since 13 yrs). I am day 34 now and getting some cramps and just sore nipples (not the whole breast like last month when I ovulated). I just don't want to risk taking the progesterone and perhaps harming my pregnancy.
I am going to wait a few more days. Maybe day 40 to take a final test.
Has anyone else experienced similar? Or gotten a BFP really late?
Hey Preg please. Did you get AF?
I see this thread is still running six years after my post. This is my update on my post and thoughts about Clomid (which made me cry when I read it just now.) I finally got my baby. And another one 14 months later. It was unbelievable. I have no answers as to how it happened, other than I used something called vitex agnus castus, which you can get from Blackmores for about $10AUD a bottle at the chemist in Australia. I swear it worked and other friends also say it worked for them. It is to help regulate periods and also help to make them a normal flow, which it certainly did for me. It's just a mixture of vitamins, so cheap, easy and safe. I was pregnant in two months after starting it and my baby is now four. I took it again after giving birth to him to start regulating my periods only (as I did not want any more children) and I was pregnant AGAIN after a month of taking it. I was fully breast feeding and hadn't even had my first period after giving birth and had no idea I was pregnant until almost the second trimester...and now we have five kids. So overall, Clomid did not work for me. I found it useless and it screwed me up inside for a long time and made me nuts. It did make me pregnant once but I lost the baby. The only thing that worked for me was the Vitex and lots of counselling to help heal my broken heart after seven miscarriages in total over those years of trying. I can't remember though if you are supposed to keep taking Vitex when you're pregnant or stop, so research that or ask your chemist. It was a long time ago now. Good luck to all x