Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant? Community
Missed period; milky white discharge. Could I be pregnant??

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Hello everyone :)

I should have started on the first of this month (happy new years to me haha) but now i'm 5 days late. It's not unusual for me to be late, so I wasn't particularly concerned about it. However I've noticed a milky white discharge, the past 3 days and still no period. This i have never noticed before with late periods. Its so strange because i feel like i AM on my period, but there's no blood. Just this milky white discharge. Along with the usual cramps, and some backache. I'm considering waiting untill the end of the week, and then purchasing a pregnancy test. I'm a little nervous of the outcome, but excited at the same time. I was wondering if any of you have any advice as to when i should take the pregnancy test(s), and if there is a specific type/brand that i should buy. Any comments/responses would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!! :) And to any of you out there that are TTC good luck & best wishes!! :)
Hello!!!

Well I am currently 4 months now with my first and I had some symptoms along with no period. I experience really really sensitive breast more sensitive than when I am execting my period. I also had crzy cravings like ramen noodle and salsa....lol. I waited until I was 7 days late...then I purchased first response which tells to 5 days before your missed period. I think this is the best test. It should be pretty accurate. If you are really unsure look up some free pregnancy clinics and they will test for free and are very accurate. They can also help with additional material on pregnancy and what your next steps should be if the test is positive. Good luck, I hope this helps!
I wish I could help you, but wow. I am going through the same exact thing. back aches, period is five days late, and I've been getting this creamy white watery discharge since the first day of my missed period. It's just relieving to know I'm not the only one. I already took two tests, they came out negative, so I made an appointment for this coming wednesday to see my doctor and get the discharge checked out and hopefully a blood test.
U can take one now. It should pick up ur hcg levels. I did mines 3 day after my period was due. Sounds like u r :) best of wishes
Hello!!!

I bought the cheapest brand they had until I got a positive. That's usually 1-2 dollars. When I got my positive I bought a digital test just to see it say Pregnant lol.
I'm glad i'm to know i'm not the only one experiencing this!! Good luck this wednesday at the doc's! I hope your able to get that blood test done :) I'd appreciate it if you kept me updated with your situation, seeing as how i'm going through the same thing :) again, best of luck!! :)
thanks for the advice!! I'm going to purchase a test first thing tomorrow!! i'll let you all know how it goes! :)
Thank you soooo much for sharing your personal experience with your pregnancy. My breasts are a little sensitive right now as well. And i dont usually eat pickles, but lately i can't seem to get enough of them :) so weird food cravings? check! lol As for the pregnancy test(s) thanks for recommending first response. I really wasn't sure which to get but now i am. I'm going to purchase a test tomorrow. I'll let everyone know the results. Congratulations & Good luck with your pregnancy!!! :) thanks again for your advice/response. It has been VERY helpful!! :)

Best wishes!!! :)
haha thanks for the reply :)
I will be sure to do that. I kind of hope I'm not pregnant because I broke up with my boyfriend yesterday because he's such a jerk. -_-
No prob! Im glad to help, I know when I had question and I felt lost I was very glad to have people on this site to help me.....
Well then i also hope u are not pregnant, if thats what your hoping for :) And as for your boyfriend--- sorry, EX-boyfriend, guys are well known for being jerks -.-  I hope things look up for you soon :) oh, and kudos for ditching the bf. I know way too many girls who stick around even though their bf's are terrible to them. So more power to ya! :)
I'm also experiencing same things. White discharge nd a bif of cramping like i'm abt to have a period bt nothing shows up. Had sex with my boyfriend on the second day of ovulation nd on the last day too. Scared of buying HPT i dnt wanna get disappointed. I just pray that the test comes out positive .
I am having the same issues. I have a white discharge, little cramping like my period is here, and 5 days late. I'm not holding my breath for a positive, but this discharge is making me go bonkers! Buying a test to take tomorrow morning.
I never heard of discharge being a early sign of pregnancy. Ur best bet is to take a test I brought the digital one that says pregnant/not pregnant instead of the lines.
Hello everyone :)

I should have started on the first of this month (happy new years to me haha) but now i'm 5 days late. It's not unusual for me to be late, so I wasn't particularly concerned about it. However I've noticed a milky white discharge, the past 5days and still no period. This i have never noticed before with late periods. Its so strange because i feel like i AM on my period, but there's no blood. Just this milky white discharge. Along with the usual cramps, and some backache. I'm considering waiting untill the end of the week, and then purchasing a pregnancy test. I'm a little nervous of the outcome, but excited at the same time. I was wondering if any of you have any advice as to when i should take the pregnancy test(s). Any comments/responses would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!! :) And to any of you out there that are TTC good luck & best wishes!! :)
I am having all the signs of pregnancy, discharge and no cycle. This will be my first child. We have been planning this for an year now. I am getting calls left and right of fish dreams from family members. I have had numerous u/s at work(work at OBGYN office) and I have a corpus luteum which is what u get in early pregnancy and so far nothing yet. I just wondering what is going on. U better believe that when I get to work I gonna get an u/s to see if they see anything. I am having all the cravings and what not too. Just can't wait until Monday to find out what is going on with me
hi im sheryl im going through the same thing but im not sure if im prego i never missed a period ever be for.... last month i finally got my period but i had sex 3 days after it ended im two days late now does this mean im pergnant
Hi im 20 and i had unprotected sex june 3 i had my last period may 10 i last about 7 days. I was expecting it to come by about 2 weeks ago because i have been cramping but every time i check its white discharge sometimes its sticky and other times milky i am also experiencing really bad backaches also headaches i took a test on the 19 but it showed up negative what is going on usually when i cramp i start my period that same day and so far nothing i have never missed a period and if i stress i have brown discharge so i know somethings wrong can i be pregnant i really need a reply i just dont know who to turn to anymore
Hi....I'm like 11 days late I only spotted one while having sex I have been noticing white discharge no smell or anything and time to time like cramps on my nipple I'm not on birth control or anythin my man got me a 99cent pregnancy test I don't think does work but some people tell they do..
I bought  clear blue easy digital tests. I took all five of them and 4/5 said I was pregnant. I took it 5 days after missed period. Got my period on the 7th day, so no the digital ones and not better than the strip tests.
My periods have been late for the past for the past 4 months and I have only spotted for a day when I did start each month I also got that clearish white milky discharge back in june. I have tender and swollen breast, heartburn, nausa and everyother sympton that people saay can be caused by pregnancy but every urine test comes back negative. I just don't no what to think anymore I have had false positives before so I was just wondering could I get false negative its all confusing I have never went through any of this HELP.        MANDY
Hi I am 5 days late and also have backache, white discharge, lots of headaches, and I am finding myself going to the restroom more often than usual! I took 6 first response HPT, 3 clear blue the ones with the lines, 5 clear blue digital, 1 dollar HPT, and 1 Rexall HPT they all came out negetive! I know I know I went over board but I tested every day after my missed period morning and afternoons and got nothing! I am going to a clinic where they do free pregnancy testing tomorrow and see what my results are because I really do feel pregnant and I am hoping Im not because I just had my little one in May and he was premature 33 weeks and that was really hard to deal with! Oh I had the IUD in but today while I was using the restroom it fell out thats why im worried because i just put it in on July! :(
Im 5 days late with the exact issue. Me and my fiance have been trying for our first child together for a while now and with my first born i didnt really experience the discharged. I have a calendar to keep track of my periods so im kinda nervous that its all in my head
So I am now 25 days late and still negative HPT! I went to the ER due to serious pain that I thought was due to the mirena falling out and of course they found nothing! I by now just rule out pregnancy and now its a waiting game! Really frustrated I usually have a 31 day cycle so Im going to wait till October 16 to test again! I will keep updating!! Anyone that post before any updates? :( Really Anybody?
Hey my name is Zoey I don't know what to think =) my lmp was 08/01/2012 n here it is october and still nothing I had unprotected sex with my husband the end of september. About 2 wks after that I started cramping but nothing like af was coming, my breast were sore an I had a milky eggwhite discharge for about a week an now its jus milky watery and still NO PERIOD I haven't taken a hpt because I don't know when my period was suppose to come on, somedays I feel preggers other days I don't =( dh notice my boobs getting bigger ( I guess that's a sign)
Hey zoeylipstick I can relate to you too I am now 37 days late my last period was 08/16/12 I have made an appointment for Tuesday to find out whats going on! I think you should take a HPT first and then go from there! I on the other hand have a different problem in witch in September 22, 2012 my mirena fell out so I am kind of scared to find out what the damage is! I have done tons of HPT but all negatives so I kind of rule pregnancy out! I hope everything comes out great for you!  I will keep you updated!
Ok I had my ultrasound done today at 44a days late and they found an ovarian cyst and happy to say that I am not pregnant! They gave me medicine to start my period and I am now back on my good old birth control pills never ever getting back on mirena!!! :(
were you pregnant?
So I'm three days late and about two week ago I started getting a milky white discharge and I've got horrible back pains, and mood swings. Could I be pregnant?
My Name Is Felicia, I Misssed My Period This Month, And I Dont Know What That Could Mean? I'm Kinda Scared That It May Mean, PREGNANT! But Idk, Because Missing My Period Is Not NORMAL/This Is The First Time This Has Ever Happened To Me...I Have Been Eating Alot, My Boobs Do Feel Sensitive, White Discharge!! UGH!!! Does This Mean IM PREGNANT????
I am late two days took pregnancy test :( negative but have creamy discharge and I two days I thought I was going ti get my period but only spotted wich it never happens can anybody help
I had my period the beginning of November then out of nowhere I was bleeding the end of November til the 3rd of December! & YES my fiancée & I have unprotected sex.Whats going on? Someone help!

6 days late, milky discharge, moody, so tired all the time now, breast sore but bearable, nausea. Took Walgreens one step pregnancy test, neg, scared to try again. Any ideas anyone?
I'm still getting negatives. Period 2 weeks late. Bit have all the symptoms. Some get negative tests up til like 4 months pregnant. Going for a blood test tomorrow
hi I'm currently 6 days late not really getting the hole sick thing but more hungry then usual and breast do hurt like more toward the inner arm pit but i get middle neck pain i do have a white milky discharge instead of my period. cant honestly sleep and i keep have these really vivid dreams like really out there dreams can you please help im nervous af and is it to early to test ??
aah! the same thing happened too me today white creamy discharge, im nervous ive had alot of symptoms but i dont wanna get my hopes up! i had sxx about 3 times while i was ovulating & now im currently 2 days past my period; so i will def take a test ! xD i also got thrush ! very wiered & scary because ive NEVR HAD THAT! but its gone now so , another preg symptom for me ?? o.O
Today is April 27 2015.  Last month I had my period for 2 days which was really short, and this month I did not get my period at all. At first i noticed heavy white creamy miky odorless discharge, and then i started feeling nauseaous during the day unless I would eat something and now i am 28 days past my missed period and am sleeping alot more than i ever would. Today I felt a little crampy around my left ovary. I am not sure what to think- I have taken 5 tests and all were negative.
Hi discuit42. I'm in the exact same position as you right now! I'm now 9 days late on my period, getting quite a lot of pregnancy signs & I took 3 tests 4 days ago and they all came back negative! About 3 days ago i noticed my discharge wasn't like it usually is to me. It was getting more fluidly & heavier, which seemed a little worrying to me as my discharge is usually quite thick & I don't usually produce much discharge either.
Long story short; Earlier on, around dinner time ish, I'd gone to the toilet to pee, finished my business & went to head for the sofa to chill out & all of a sudden I felt this weird wetness in my underwear & I almost thought I'd just come on my period or maybe I hadn't finished peeing and I had accidentally peed in my pants! But no.. there was no blood. I hadn't peed myself either.. It was just a load of white milky (odourless) discharge! I couldn't tell you how much was there to be precise but I reckon there must have been a good decent sized tea spoon!
I'm going to take another test(s) tomorrow as I think it might have been too early to tell last time. You can go to the doctors to ask for blood tests if you explain your problem to them about the negative tests and how late you are on your period & they can get a much more accurate result through blood tests. Good luck! :)
I havent gotten my period since october 27... Its not unusual for me to be late but i had sex one time during the time i was fertile and he came inside me... A couple days later i start getting white discharge and it still hasnt stopped... Its actually getting heavier each day  even after a missed period... Its not normal for me to get this creamy white discharge ... But it doesnt itch at all ... And i want to know can i be pregnant?....
I don't want to be pregnant as I'm not ready so I follow the calendar rhythem for the past 8 years and never had a false alarm. I was once late lasted 36 days vs my normal 29 days. I had sex the first day of being fertile which was weird because my fertile week was early by 1 week. I only noticed I was fertile after we had sex. I was spotting. That worried me since I didn't see any prior signs. I follow the calendar but my body signals are more accurate. Had I seen the spotting I wouldn't have had sex. Anyways...my breast started getting sore 2 weeks before expected period which never happens it's always a week same with the cramps. This made me think I was getting my period early instead.  My cramps have been getting worse, I smelled cigarettes in my bf's car which I never smelled before (car was owned by a smoker) today is day 30 and the white cloudy sticky odourless discharge happened. Not a lot just a little which is weird. I really thought it was my period....and I've been really tired lately. Usually these are signs for getting you period too but I'm just freaking out because I had sex when I shouldn't have had sex.... Should I wait a little longer before taking a test?
I have the same experience. What happnd to u? R u pregnant? I cant sleep.. Im having the same problem... Reply please asap..
I have ghe same problem, i took the test after 3 days delay... I took 3 times, all negative. I am now on my 7th day delay... Still no period... I dont know what to do. I have to take another test?
Avatar n tn
This is what happen to me since i was just like y'all freaking out about my period and white discharge....

Extra ****: Im 19 (most girls around 18-20's have a time where their periods cycle changes and it takes a bit longer or your period comes faster)
Example me(2015): My period used to take 26 days and every period lasted 5 days. Well on Sep i had a regular period but it was at the end of the month (26-30), i skipped  Oct which is 31 days, I was a 26 cycle.... so i got kinda scared y'know... the next month Nov, no period till the 5th of Nov.
So basically what this told me is that my cycle is now every 35 days. keeping that in mind.
If your period is late check how long it took for your last period to come.

Things you can do: Google calendar saves ur **** on your email, i have my calendar on my phone i keep some notes just in case.

My story: I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend 3 days before my period (Dec/7/2015). mI thought my period was going to come around the (10th-12th) why? Bc i thought that my period was still around the 26 day cycle. I ignored the fact that last month my period took 35days. So by Dec/10/2015 i felt wet on my vagina. Like my period was coming but nothing was there? What i do to see if my period is coming is take some toilet paper and put it inside of my vagina and check if i get any blood out lol. But anyways i did this and nothing but white crumpy discharge. I was also getting light cramps and tender breasts. (my nipples where not sore, it was just the outside of the boobs)
Basically after this it was the same till Dec 14 2015
this day was the 34th day of my cycle just like last month.
I was freaking out bc in the morning i didnt feel anything until a few hours later i went to the bathroom, shoved some toilet paper up my vagina, got it stuck, freaked out, took it out and there it was the beauty of blood all over that white toilet paper. My boobs are still sore and right now im getting stronger cramps.

So just wait a few more days, keep track of your period, as long as you dont have pregnancy symptoms im sure you'll be fine.
Im now 6 days late. I;ve never been late. Im 19. My boyfriend and I had sex about two weeks ago and I was on top he was like Im about to come but I say back down then like 8 sec later he threw me off while cumming. So idk if he came in me. I took 4 clearblue digital all negative. Took a first response and there was a very very faint line. Idk if Im pregnant or not