Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Negative Pregnancy Test Turned Positive - need some reassurance!

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

I am a 38 year old married mother of three (6yrs, 9yrs, & 12yrs) - and do NOT want any more children.  My husband and I are usually pretty careful, but we had a "maybe" moment a few weeks ago.  Now my period is a few days later than usual and I am urinating every one to two hours.  I took an EPT Early Pregnancy Test last night, which came back negative.  I took the other one in the pack this morning (to use the more concentrated urine sample), which also came back negative after the 2 minute test period and remained negative for the full ten minutes (as instructed in the insert).

HOWEVER - I was just emptying the trash and noticed that the test I took this morning is now positive (eight hours later).  I KNOW that a negative test can become positive due to evaporation.  The insert says this can happen.  I just really, really need to hear from other women who have actually had this happen and were NOT pregnant (I keep finding stories of women who had this happen, but find out later that they were pregnant...NOT HELPING!!!).  

I am on a myriad of medications for my fibromyalgia and panic disorder with agoraphobia.  At my last physical I asked my gynecologist what she would say if I wanted to have another baby.  She said the medications are serious enough that she STRONGLY advised that I be DONE having children.  So if I were to become pregnant now, I feel like it would be almost abuse because I KNOW how damaging these medications could be to the development of the child.

So - if this has happened to you and you ended up NOT being pregnant, please reply!!
It has not happened to me personally but i have seen it happen with friends who are NOT pregnant!!
If you're still freaking out it couldn't hurt to test again!
Thank you...I plan to get another box of tests tomorrow and take them over the next couple of days.  I have checked over my menstrual tracker and am feeling a bit better - my cycle has been as long as 32 days in the past.  If that is the case, I may not be late (or at least not AS late!).  

I appreciate your response...I have been obsessing over this instead of sleeping!!  There is nothing I can do right now - and it helps to know that you have friends who have had negative tests turn positive after letting it sit past the valid test time.  

Thanks again,
Stacie
Of course! I know what it's like to stress and have no one give input!! I pray you get the results you want! Good luck!
I had to let you know - I got my period three days ago!!!  My husband and I are so relieved...this scare was enough for him to finally get the date set up for his vasectomy (Nov 29) lol!