Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Period came late but was short. Any ideas?

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

I was 2 weeks late for my period when it finally came. It hurt a lot more than usual and it only lasted 3 days. Never enough to fill a tampon but it was red. Ive been having hot flashes which is very unusual for me and today I was so nauseous but it was only for about 30 mins or so. Food just doesnt sound good at all. Is there any possibility I could be pregnant. I think its unlikely but Im not 100% sure. I also took pregnancy test the day before the "period" started and it was negative. I would love some feedback :D
Hello i want to thank you for posting this the same situation has happened to me i was 2wks late and then my cycle started it was only 4days when ive always been a 7days person since i started i still feel like its unusual bc i know i didnt clot at all it was normal red the first day then brown (sorry tmi) and now its like i feel tired and from time to time i feel sick on my stomach but it doesnt last long i havent taken a test bc i had a cycle i thk im just going wait and see if my normal cycle comes this mnt then i will go frm there but think you again i wish you the best of luck!
No problem, thanks for commenting. I thought I was pregnant when it didnt come and I was disappointed when it did. Its weird that it has stopped though. Me and my husband tried for a year and I found out that I had Stage 4 endometriosis last year and had to do injections once a month for 6 months. It took two months to get a period (august 2011) but they have been 28 days like clock work ever since. Its just weird and honestly ive been afraid that I cant have kids because we have been trying so long. Anyone else feel free to share your experience :)
I am going through the same thing right now. i was 8days late then i got my period late night until noon the next day now its just brown discharge. i got depressed thinking i wasnt prego but idk will probably take another test in a week. good luck to you!
Did you take another test good luck?
Omg Im going Thru the same thing .. I was late 6days n this morning I had some spotting (pinkredish with a bit of brown do I put a tampon and when I changed it  was cover in blood with brownish but once I wipe there's nothing .. Idk if it's my period or not cause I'm a very regular when it comes to periods which me being 6days late makes it very unusual .. I tested twice and both neg :/.. So now I'm at the point of confusion where Idk Wat to do?!?
same goes for me . my period never showed in march but i got it in the beginning of april & it was heavy the first 2 days & not its light which is not normal for me i usually am heavy the first 5 days & light my last 2 ( 7 days ) now its the 5th day & i baraly got anything . i keep wiping brown . . .
Im so sorry i hadnt read the comment i dnt want you to get discouraged bc you been trying for so long it will happen amd my prayers go out to you hun it will happen for all of us in time so baby dust to you and everyone so far still no AF im over a week late still neg but now my breast are starting to achin and i been being dizzy and having alot of headaches so who knows whats going on
Hey guys, I posted this last month and thought I would update everyone. My period came two weeks late last month, as I posted, and then was short when it did come. It has been 5 weeks since that bleeding has stopped and I have not had another period. The confusion continues. I dont feel very different. I have slight hot flashes occasionally and i had cramps and bloating over this past weekend which I thought meant my period was coming but it was a no show. I took a couple tests about three weeks ago and were still negative. Im thinking I may need another but Im worried I might just get my hopes up. I love hearing your feedback, thank you ladies and Good Luck to all!
Thanks for updating i guess we are in the same boat hunmine has not came on since my short bleed in february i have taken a few hpt also that were negative and like you i decided not to worry i weighed myself just to see if i had a difference in weight frm the moth before and it not so i should have gotten my cylce by now but oh well my family wants me to take a blood test and i will if it doesnt show up the end of this mth i have also started to get some slight nipple pain so who know i could have ovulated late and my hcg could jst start to be rising really dnt know but good luck to you hun and baby dust to everyone
Last month my period was 21 days late and only lasted 3-4 days when it usually its 5-6 days.  It was a normal red color. Not dark this month it was another 7 days late and again lasted 3-4 days. Never heavy... took 3 hpt last month and all showed neg. Any ideas on my sudden changes?
my funny story is and still is ok april i had my peiord and then about 4 weeks after my period i had alot of pregnency symtoms (symptoms) and went to dr and did everything i could do to see if i was pregnent but no weeks went by with out my period then months and now still no period and i think a cyst popped and they carry eggs and me and my husband made love before it happend and after and just alot and now still no period and my nipples hurt like mother truckers and i have been noushes and dont feel like my self pee alot and just letting everyone know we have been trying for about 7 months to get pregnet i dont know whats going on but i want to know if anyone had anything like this before????
My period came on 9 days late last month for 2 days then this month it was 11 days late it normally come the 25th of each month its light pink & brown wen I wipe its not really anything there im lost & confused
Did any of u jus go to the doc to get a blood test?? Not bein mean but this is a baby we're talkin bout not jus sum period!! If ne of u r preg u need prenatal n to c a obgyn asap.
Hi All
I'm 2 weeks late, I started to bleed on Sunday and it stopped yeaterday so it lasted for a day! I usually have really heavy periods and take a day or to they normally regular. It's coincidental that I'm trying for a baby. I've taken 3 tests within the 2 weeks of being late and all come back negative! Has anyone else experienced the same? Could I be pregnant?
Thanks for sharing I have had the same problem I just started and its five days late but its super light and I'm cramping alot more than I usually dont get nauseous when I eat my favorite food but I do now and I tried to take midol and ended up puking it up. Yell me what you guys think
I had my last period on the 10/10/12 then on the 19/11/12 I had some light bleeding when I wiped which then stopped for 3 days then appeared throughout the day (not all day) again when I was wiping. I also had a brown spotting on the 24//11/12 now again nothing, taken a pregnancy test this morning negative again, I have a appointment for blood test on the 6/12/12 but very confused? Anyone have any ideas on this? Me and my fiancé have been trying for over a year to get pregnant, we had tests and everything seems to be working beautifully for us both so why are we finding this so hard? We had our hopes set on this month as period was 2 weeks late?
I'm CURRENTLY having the same problem. I have a period tracker app & I usually start a day or 2 before it says so. This month I was 2 wks late after taking 4 home test, 1 at the Dr's & a blood test at a walk-in clinic....all NEGATIVE. My period lasts 4 days, this month it lasted 2 days & today (which would have been day 3) it's not enough to use a tampon. I hardly ever cramp since I had kids (my oldest is 7) but from time to time I will... this month I cramped like crazy & my pubic bone hurt. I'm thinking about taking another test.
Hey pchrzan86,
Usually cramping isn't good...It could mean a miscarriage. I would definitely get checked out at your obgyn especially since your period is so irregular.  I hope you get everything figured out.
Hey guys so I came on 5 days late this month and I'm usually on for 7 days but only was on for 4 days and compared to how I usually am it was a lighter red then usual. I was just wondering had anybody gone through a similar situation and what the outcome was - pregnant or not?? Thanks B.
So I am the type of girl to have a normal period I've been off the pill for like a year or a little over now, in August I didn't have a period at all September I started on the 8th (July I started on the 20th) so I guess u could say early , now its October and I didn't start till the 11th and it stopped on the night of the 13th then started back on the 14th and now on the night of the 14th (now) I stopped again  and is been lighter than my normal period I'm normally very heavy especially on the second day but I wasn't this time. Could I be pg?
Hi there, my period was about 4 days late but in the mean time I had I light bleeding everyday but not much for about a week long. So my period came but it only last for about 2 days. What can it be?
What could be wrong with me. I missed my period in May. The end of June I spotted for just a few min and went off it never came back on. this never happen to be could I be pregnant.