Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Period is still not here.. What's going on?

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

I am 19 and have been getting my period since I was 12.
The last day of my last period was April 17.
I had protected sex April 22.
I was due to get my period the May 15.
I was having some discharge (as I normally do) a few days before the 15th. I took a first response pt the 14th and the 20th and both of them showed negatives... Thank goodness.
Well now I am 9 days late and am having some light cramps and I feel like my period is coming, but it turns out to be just a lot of clear discharge but that is it, nothing is sore, I'm not excessively tired or hungry or anything. I was a little moody, but I feel like that's normal.
My period has been late before, but I can't remember if its ever been over a week late. I do remember one time that I actually skipped having my period for a month a few years ago but I cannot remember why.
In May my life was completely changed. I started going out more, stayed up later than usual almost every night in the beginning of the month and then towards the middle I got a lot more sleep. I was so stressed out about finals and packing for my Europe trip.
I am in Europe right now so my sleep patten is way different than anything it was before
Can anyone please tell me what's going on?
By protected I mean condoms.
May was by far the most stressful month of the year. My routine was changing daily... So could this just be a hormone thing?
Hi and welcome. Since you used a  condom you can pretty much rule out being pregnant. Stress can really screw up  your menstral cycle as well as traveling. Our bodies have a clock and most things are on a routine, change the routine will change your clock.
Like the previous poster said stress can really mess things up. What it does is if something stressful happens around the time you would ovulate then your body will not release an egg. It will make it seem like your period is late however your period is not what was late it was the ovulation that was late. The number of days between when you ovulate and when your next period starts is always the same number of days. So like me for instance it is always 13 days between when I ovulate and when my period is supposed to start. So I know that if I havent started my next period by day 14 that something is going on.

Hope that sorta clears things up. But I am sure all that happened is that your body didnt release an egg when it normally does making it seem like something else was going on.
Thank you so much for your responses. So should I be worried If I completely miss this cycle? Should I take another test? Honestly I have no symptoms of anything whatsoever. Only discharge and some light cramps in the morning. But the discharge feels as if its flowing... Sorry if tmi. Probably doesn't help either that I'm stressing out about it.
Umyour situation. Is slightly. Different but the same my lmp was also April 17 and i was due on the 17th i also missed my cycle and it still haven't came. I haven't been stressing but my test also came up negative i hope u find out what's going on
Ladies I got it today! (:
Congratulations