Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant? Community
Period late....blood brown?

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Period late....blood brown?

Alright, so i currently am sexually active, but ususlly me and my partner are fairly safe. This month my period was 12 days late from my average cycle lengtg (35 days). I sort of blamed it on stress, since i was on a long over seas school trip at the time and my partner was moving away, putting strain on our relationship. My first day i got home from the trip, i got my period, as normal. With in a few hours though, the blood was mostly all brown, and its been pretty light. I chacha'd what it might mean (not super reliable source) and they told me it might be pregnancy. I dont under stand that, since basically its still my period, and my cycle is never an exact amount of days between periods (its been anywhere from 29 - 40 days in the past year) but the irregularness of it is bothering me...im on my second day now, and everythinh is still mostly brown. Any thoughts?

The internet can be a great resource but sometimes it can cause more hassle than it is helpful.  So you are right to question it.  The fact that your periods are irregular I dont think there is any reason to worry.  But you will not be sure until you take a home pregnancy test(hpt). Your periods being brown could just be that the blood is old due to you being late.  I cant think of any other reasons for this maybe someone else will have more insight.

If it was that you were pregnant and this is an early miscarriage, from when I miscarried, there was dark blood on the first wipe but shortly after that it was bright red and judging from other comments from women who have had m/c the blood is always turns red.  So i dont think you have to worry about that either.  If you do a hpt and it comes up negative and your still worried go to doctor there may be another reason for this.

Do a hpt I would think it will be negative, which from your comment I think that is what you would want the result to be.

Hope it all works out :)
Thank you so much! Very helpful, and releaving. :)
What was the outcome of the brown blood mary? I ask as I am going through the same thing