PREGNANCY: AM I PREGNANT
COMMUNITY
Possible to be pregnant after having a (shorter, much lighter period)?
by DreamingPoet25, Mar 08, 2005
Hello, all!  I'm new to the board.  My (now ex) boyfriend and I made love on 1/26 without protection, and he did pull out, though I know that is not a very effective form of BC.  Anyway, my period prior to that possible DOC was 1/12 or 1/14 (can't remember).  Since about two weeks after possible DOC, I have had faintness/dizziness, nausea (no vomiting) especially when I smoke (have been smoking for 4 years and not once has it made me want to puke), mild cramping, breast tenderness, veins in breast seem to be 'standing out' more than usual, and a strange pulling sensation when I stand up (which I assume could be ligament stretching).  I had a 'period' on 2/14.  My normal periods last for about 7 days and are very heavy.  This was very light (I cramped about the first 12 hours; normally, I cramp strongly throughout entire period), and it stopped on 2/17.  Two days after that, I had a clear discharge with some slight brown coloring in it.  My normal luteul (sp?) discharge has increased significantly, and it's going from clear to milky white, slightly thick.

I took two pregnancy tests, the last of which was on 2/19 or 2/20, both were negative.  I have an appointment in the morning for the beta hcg (blood) test, and I'm hoping that will ease my mind either way.  I was just wondering if you ladies thought that I'm faking my body out, or if there is an actual chance I am pregnant.  Only two of my friends think it sounds possible; the other ones just seem to be in denial. :)'

Thanks so much, ladies!!  
Lindsay

PS  This would be my first child, obviously. :)
Member Comments (53)
by jluhart, Mar 08, 2005
Sounds like you had a period.  Implantation bleeding only lasts a day or so and is very light.  With the period and negative pregnancy test, I would say that you aren't pregnant.  Are you trying to get pregnant or just not using birth control?
by cinnamonheart, Mar 08, 2005
First off if you took two pregnancies test and they are negative I would assume your not!!
Why would you have unprotected sex is my question especially since your not married
Now your BF is your Ex ! why would your friends be in denial? I hope they would have your best interest at heart
Bringing a baby into this world isnt a game

Hope you get the results you want
by DreamingPoet25, Mar 08, 2005
Okay, I guess I'll respond kindly, unlike the way Cinnamon responded. :)  No, I'm not married, and really, morally speaking, it wasn't right.  It's someone that I THOUGHT I was going to marry, and unfortunately, after EIGHT years, things didn't work out.  I don't recall saying that bringing a child into this world was a game, and I certainly don't think that way.  I'll thank you to keep your judgments to yourself; the last time I checked, God was still on His throne, and I've answered to Him about this already.

As far as the symptoms go, they are still very strong, but I have heard that by worrying about it, you can fake your body out, and a woman will experience actual physical changes, based on concerns of being pregnant.  This could, quite possibly, be the case.  Since I do have a not-so-great habit (i.e. smoking), I was more concerned about ectopic and/or harming a baby, if I am by some crazy odds pregnant.  

Thanks for responding, though.  I guess I'll find out in the next 48 hours.
by ham422, Mar 08, 2005
my only answer to you is that i had regular periods my whole life, until my dh and i started to try to have a family, then i missed 2 periods, then got one, then i was late and so on. you can definetly wish your body into pg symptoms. i would also say, that your not pg if you got 2 negs. i also have no room to judge, i did things in my past too, but the pull out method is not very safe.and as for smoking, if you happen to be pg, you have until the baby is 8 weeks along to quit. that is when the baby is offically hooked up to you and getting what you put into your body .
by DreamingPoet25, Mar 08, 2005
Thanks for such a kind and informative response, Ham.  I was wondering about when the smoking would affect the baby. Honestly, I'm not ready to stop smoking, but if pregnancy was confirmed, I would drop it right then and there.  I just don't feel quite right and haven't for several weeks.  I guess I would be nearing seven or eight weeks, wouldn't I, if LMP was around 1/14??
by cinnamonheart, Mar 08, 2005
Hey  I wasnt being unkind!
Just telling it like it is
These posts are for comments and that was mine
If you dont want to get pregnant why have unprotected sex!
If you are trying why would you try to have a baby with a boyfriend that is now your ex  obviously you had problems with him or he wouldnt be your ex now!That was just recently from what you were saying
by cinnamonheart, Mar 08, 2005
About smoking this came up on open Forum today Tues March 8
Blondie sumed it up!!
Any smoking has it affects on the baby
check out the forum
by blondie72, Mar 08, 2005
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I totally agree.  You were NOT being unkind.  You are like the Simon Cowell of the pregnancy board.  Just Kidding LOL!!!!!!!!!  If you do not know him he is from American Idol.   Sometimes you just have to tell it like it is and hope for the best.  I agree though if you do NOT want to be pregnant protect yourself.
by cinnamonheart, Mar 08, 2005
Hey sure I know who Simon is
and Ill take that as a compliment!  We all know he is a little harsh but he is always right