Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Possible to be pregnant after having a (shorter, much lighter period)?

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Hello, all!  I'm new to the board.  My (now ex) boyfriend and I made love on 1/26 without protection, and he did pull out, though I know that is not a very effective form of BC.  Anyway, my period prior to that possible DOC was 1/12 or 1/14 (can't remember).  Since about two weeks after possible DOC, I have had faintness/dizziness, nausea (no vomiting) especially when I smoke (have been smoking for 4 years and not once has it made me want to puke), mild cramping, breast tenderness, veins in breast seem to be 'standing out' more than usual, and a strange pulling sensation when I stand up (which I assume could be ligament stretching).  I had a 'period' on 2/14.  My normal periods last for about 7 days and are very heavy.  This was very light (I cramped about the first 12 hours; normally, I cramp strongly throughout entire period), and it stopped on 2/17.  Two days after that, I had a clear discharge with some slight brown coloring in it.  My normal luteul (sp?) discharge has increased significantly, and it's going from clear to milky white, slightly thick.

I took two pregnancy tests, the last of which was on 2/19 or 2/20, both were negative.  I have an appointment in the morning for the beta hcg (blood) test, and I'm hoping that will ease my mind either way.  I was just wondering if you ladies thought that I'm faking my body out, or if there is an actual chance I am pregnant.  Only two of my friends think it sounds possible; the other ones just seem to be in denial. :)'

Thanks so much, ladies!!  
Lindsay

PS  This would be my first child, obviously. :)
Sounds like you had a period.  Implantation bleeding only lasts a day or so and is very light.  With the period and negative pregnancy test, I would say that you aren't pregnant.  Are you trying to get pregnant or just not using birth control?
First off if you took two pregnancies test and they are negative I would assume your not!!
Why would you have unprotected sex is my question especially since your not married
Now your BF is your Ex ! why would your friends be in denial? I hope they would have your best interest at heart
Bringing a baby into this world isnt a game

Hope you get the results you want
Okay, I guess I'll respond kindly, unlike the way Cinnamon responded. :)  No, I'm not married, and really, morally speaking, it wasn't right.  It's someone that I THOUGHT I was going to marry, and unfortunately, after EIGHT years, things didn't work out.  I don't recall saying that bringing a child into this world was a game, and I certainly don't think that way.  I'll thank you to keep your judgments to yourself; the last time I checked, God was still on His throne, and I've answered to Him about this already.

As far as the symptoms go, they are still very strong, but I have heard that by worrying about it, you can fake your body out, and a woman will experience actual physical changes, based on concerns of being pregnant.  This could, quite possibly, be the case.  Since I do have a not-so-great habit (i.e. smoking), I was more concerned about ectopic and/or harming a baby, if I am by some crazy odds pregnant.  

Thanks for responding, though.  I guess I'll find out in the next 48 hours.
my only answer to you is that i had regular periods my whole life, until my dh and i started to try to have a family, then i missed 2 periods, then got one, then i was late and so on. you can definetly wish your body into pg symptoms. i would also say, that your not pg if you got 2 negs. i also have no room to judge, i did things in my past too, but the pull out method is not very safe.and as for smoking, if you happen to be pg, you have until the baby is 8 weeks along to quit. that is when the baby is offically hooked up to you and getting what you put into your body .
Thanks for such a kind and informative response, Ham.  I was wondering about when the smoking would affect the baby. Honestly, I'm not ready to stop smoking, but if pregnancy was confirmed, I would drop it right then and there.  I just don't feel quite right and haven't for several weeks.  I guess I would be nearing seven or eight weeks, wouldn't I, if LMP was around 1/14??
Hey  I wasnt being unkind!
Just telling it like it is
These posts are for comments and that was mine
If you dont want to get pregnant why have unprotected sex!
If you are trying why would you try to have a baby with a boyfriend that is now your ex  obviously you had problems with him or he wouldnt be your ex now!That was just recently from what you were saying
About smoking this came up on open Forum today Tues March 8
Blondie sumed it up!!
Any smoking has it affects on the baby
check out the forum
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I totally agree.  You were NOT being unkind.  You are like the Simon Cowell of the pregnancy board.  Just Kidding LOL!!!!!!!!!  If you do not know him he is from American Idol.   Sometimes you just have to tell it like it is and hope for the best.  I agree though if you do NOT want to be pregnant protect yourself.
Hey sure I know who Simon is
and Ill take that as a compliment!  We all know he is a little harsh but he is always right

It's possible that you are, but after this long 2 pregnancy tests should have been accurate. You are right to do the beta if for nothing other than your piece of mind. As for faking your body out, I think you can. I'm pretty sure I have a couple of times in my 5 years of trying to get pregnant. (ok more than a couple)

Good luck how ever everything turns out, and let me just apologize for the stone throwing thats happened to you in this thread. We have lots of hormones running rampant on this board some days. my own included sometimes. LOL

the way i figure it, if you can live with yourself who cares what anyone else thinks right?

Let us know what happens.

Stacie
Thanks for your kindness! :)  I understand the hormones running rampant. I just don't need the judgment, ya' know?  Do I want to be pregnant at this point in my life?  Not particularly?  Would I rid myself of it if I was pregnant?  Not in a million years.  I loved the (potential) father very much, but unfortunately, like the song says, sometimes love's not enough.  You think you know someone after EIGHT years, and wham--huge surprise--you never did, and you find it out the hard way.  Things were not always fabulous between us, but if I had known how things were going to end up, I wouldn't have made the decision I did.  You live, you learn, you receive God's forgiveness, and you go on.  And, hopefully, within the next 48 hours, I'll know one way or the other how my life will be from this point on, with regards to motherhood.

Thank you again for your kindness. :)  I hope that things work out well for you.
To you two ladies, I have just a few concerns/comments.  First of all, I, too, have been very hormonal lately, so pardon me for MY outburst; I'll excuse yours, if you'll excuse mine. ;-) Secondly, with regards to why I wasn't using protection, see post to Stacie30.  While I understand your points of view, please understand mine.  This board, from what I gathered, is about sharing medical news, opinions, etc, and helping each other; it's not about lecturing or coming off as a bunch of "Simons" from American Idol.  I don't respect him, and I don't respect anyone who pretends to know everything and downs others who have questions.  Perhaps you are more knowledgable in the area of conception, pregnancy stages, etc.  That, however, doesn't give you the right to judge those of us who came here looking for some sort of support and perhaps some sort of personal insight from others who may have also gone through this sort of thing.  Just please keep in mind, the next time you make a statement or 'tell it like it is' (or like you THINK it is), you might be the only source a person has.

I wish you both lots of luck on conceiving.
I'll take you up on that offer; I don't presently have the energy to kick his @$$. :)  Though, I am not sure he's even worth the energy it would take to do it. :)  I refuse to be his doormat any longer, so don't worry about that.  I have to focus on the most recent events between us...not how they used to be or how I wish they were.  Like I said, he knows there's a possibility that I'm pregnant, and he also knows that I feel he should know if I am.  And, as I told him, I will raise this child, with or without his help.  I will say one thing for him.  He's a good father.  He might not be the best mate in the world, but I've witnessed his fathering skills (he has a 14 yr old), and he's wonderful.  I wish he was just well-rounded in every area.

I didn't think you were a *****...just thought you were judging me.  I, too, am very opinionated, so I understand. :)  And, I will definitely let you ladies know how it turns out.  Trust me, if I'm not pregnant, and when I do find that hero and make '100 babies', I'm coming back to this board. :)
DIDDO on the last comment made by Cinnamonheart.  I was NOT judging you.  I will not do that.  I am not put on this earth to judge ANYONE.  What you do with your life is your business and noone elses.  I just agree with Cinnamon and if you play with fire you are bound to get burned.  I agree when she says why put an innocent little baby in the middle of anything.  I am sorry you are having to go through this.  Yes this board is for support but like Cinnamon said you are going to get a few who are not going to agree with everything and they will give their 2 cents.  We are all entitled to our own opinions and it does not mean we do not like you or we are judging you.  I wish you the best of luck and I hope all works out for you in the end.   Good Luck to you and Take Care
I think what it comes down to is this, if you don't want to be pregnant, don't have unprotected sex.  It's that simple.  This isn't an opinion or a judgment, but a scientific fact.  I think that is where the suprise comes from when we get posts about being scared or worried about being pregnant if you had unprotected sex and did not want to become so.  Not putting on a condom, not taking a birth control pill, or not abstaining is a choice not an accident.  Again, not an opinion or judgment, but a fact.  I feel the same way about not wearing a seat belt.
Take a step back and read Cinnamon's first comment, it seems to be judgmental--sorry if that offends.  Sure, I understand that everyone has opinions and you are certainly entitled to yours.  It was completely irresponsible for me NOT to use protection, because quite frankly and as stated before, now is not the optimal time for me to bring a baby into the picture.  I certainly don't want my child to grow up with a part-time dad, either.  However, everyone makes mistakes in judgment and in decisions.  I thought, also as stated before, that this man and I would be together forever, and he wasn't just a casual fling.  This has been a close friend for eight years, and for six years, a lover.  The splitting up part was a rude awakening and was not something I wanted or saw coming; he got caught, basically.  And, now that everything has happened, I'm hearing 'reports' from all over about who he really has been all these years, which is not the person I've known.  So, add to that confusion the possibility of having his child, you get me...a very concerned, somewhat worried, me.  I told you all yesterday that if I am pregnant (and, I should know something by tomorrow morning, as I had my beta hcg test performed this morning), I will embrace that baby as a blessing and start life as a mom.  If I'm not, I've learned a lesson and will not be so quick to make the same mistakes in the future.

Thanks for listening.

PS  There are worse things out there for those who don't use protection than getting pregnant.  With him, I have been fortunate in that area.  And, I agree; it's like not wearing a seatbelt driving 95 mph.
Good luck to you. I hope you get the result you want. Btw why won't they have the results back until tomorrow? I know each place is different, but the lab told me it only takes an hour. I know waiting can be stressful so if you want to chat let me know and I'll give you my E mail address.
Thanks for your offer to chat.  I'm okay; just a little edgy, in case no one has noticed. ;)  It is an independent lab.  My doc has moved offices, so rather than having the in-house thing, he has to route orders out.  Evidently, the send this off to a place about two hours from here, run the test, and then it will be faxed to him in the morning.  And, knowing how concerned I am, I imagine I'll know before noon. :)  Honestly, I'll probably be upset either way.  That sounds strange, but after feeling pregnant for several weeks now and wanting children some day, I'll be 50% heartbroken and 50% relieved.  I'm sure that makes no sense.  It's hard to explain.

Thanks again for your offer.  I might take you up on it, though, if things are bad tomorrow. :)
Im sorry for the position you are in
If the rotten bugger got caught cheating (thats what I take it as) I hope you kicked him to the curb!
Sometimes people are not what they seem, Now I have a question He was a friend for 8 years and a lover for 6, Did he at any point indicate that you two were an "couple" talk marriage  etc... How come every one else knew a different side of him?
I hope the results are for what ever you wish, but (this is only my opinion) having a baby wont bring him back to  you, Im sure you will be a good mom, But if he is not ready to commit to you how will he commit to being a dad
A few years ago there was a talk show that came on every afternoon called Jenny Jones.  I dont know if anyone else watched it, but while I was in college, I was addicted.  They had a saying, "Drop that zero and get you a hero"  You should take this advice.  If you are pregnant or not, you need and deserve a hero.  I consider my husband a hero.  Good luck with yourself.
Thanks for your kind response, Cin.  Marriage was discussed, but evidently, he wasn't all that serious about it.  He has, for what it's worth, allowed his failed marriages (2) to make him bitter, untrusting (strangely enough), and more closed off than he was originally.  When I met him, he had just gotten divorced, and we became friends.  There was always a very strong bond between us.  The six year lover pattern was off and on, initially, because due to some childhood trauma that I had refused to deal with for a long time, I would not let myself get any closer to him emotionally than I already was.  At some point, he met and married someone.  That didn't work out for a number of reasons, but now I'm seeing that perhaps she wasn't as nuts as everyone thought; I'm sure he didn't help matters, though she says it was her fault it didn't work.  Anyway, like a great friend and former lover, I was there to pick him up and dust him off.  Things developed once again, and I, having dealt with my childhood thing, allowed my heart to fully open to him.  Evidently, he didn't completely do the same.  I found out from my sister who had seen him out with this other woman, on a night he knew I would be home.  It's really way too much drama to fit on here, and way too much drama for my life. :)  I don't want that, and I don't need that.

So, yes, I realize having a baby will not bring him back, and honestly, despite how much I love and miss him, I wouldn't want him back unless I witnessed a great deal of change (heartfelt) and effort on his part.  He actually called twice yesterday, I'm sure fishing around for info as to what I felt and whether or not we're having a child.  The thing is, I told him when we ended that if I wasn't pregnant, he wouldn't hear from me.  It's almost like he needed a familiar, loving voice.  Sorry to say he didn't hear the voice he was used to.  :)  I wasn't hateful; I just wasn't overjoyed....

Sorry to ramble....just need to heal and vent, I guess.
ROFLMBO--that is hilarious!  I actually do remember that, because I believe I was equally addicted. :)  And, you're right.  We all deserve heroes.  He USED to be mine....then, Mr. Zero showed up. ;)

Thanks again for listening.
I can come and kick his ass for you!
Once a cheater always a cheater and those other 2 marriages He is an ex for a REASON
Im sure it will be hard but for GOD sake dont go back to being a door mat for him , He would only break your heart again
As for the baby (my opinion only) Unfortunately he has the right to know.
As does your baby someday who his/her father is
I hope you get the results you want and let us all know cause were dying to know (yes Im nosey)  If your not pregnant I hope this relieves some stress and you find your HERO get married and have 100 babies  See Im not always a ***** just opinionated!
Good Luck
Have some laughs
Like YOU said its our opinions!! so relax!
I wasnt being rude I just dont believe in having unprotected sex if your intention is not to have a baby  why put a baby in the middle of something that is not already stable, Yes suprises can happen!that is a different story. When you post a question sometimes people will not always agree with what you say  and sometimes support  isnt always what you want to hear (its reality)Like the smoking comments - some smoke -some dont - its everyones opinion!
My hormones are just fine, And thanks for your wishes for concieving but IM DONE. If you find your pregnant Im glad for you (if this is what u want)
I gotta say that anything is possible!!!!!!!!!
i know someone personally who had there period for 6 months into her pregnancy and then the last three she did not...she had a perfectly healthy baby boy.  then my Best Friends Boyfriend's sister (lol) had her period the first month or two and she found out after that she was pregnant.  OH and by the way i think its really good that you are or have gone to take the blood test to find out, because HOME PG tests dont always come out TRUE.  I personally have taken 3 HOME tests and TWO came up negative, but ONE has a pinkish/yellowish line that is really faded...sorta showing me that that test shows POSITIVE, but thats why you should NEVER trust a HOME TEST..always get a second opinion with the blood test or urine test with the DOCTOR.  Oh and another thing i wish to mention to everyone...im not sure who all believes that it is a SIN to have unprotected sex and not be married, but i sure dont see anything wrong with it UNLESS you are just being carless. I believe that if you find someone you "LOVE" and you have sex with them unproteced the most important thing is to Make sure both of you are clean from STD's..really thats all that should matter, cause the way i see it GOD is the only being that should ever have the right to JUDGE anyone in ANY WAY.  judging just makes someone look nieve/foolish...to have an open mind is worth more then it seems.  So i hope that you get the answers you want...and to be honest im in a similar boat as you, and im going to take my Boold test tonight after work.   SO for the bottom of my heart good luck.....

Amafia marie E.
My test was negative (beta/blood hcg), and I do agree that anything is possible.  I believe it is a sin to go against God's word, which clearly says that there should be no pre-marital sex.  However, God knows we are ALL sinners who fall short of the glory of God.  Through Christ Jesus, we can have salvation and deliverance from those sins.  Perhaps this experience for me was an eye-opener in more ways than one.  

I shouldn't have jumped the gun thinking that cinnamon was judging me.  I wouldn't have jumped the gun if I didn't think her judgment (or so I thought) was very accurate; I have NO business having sex (protected or unprotected) outside of marriage and I knew that.  But, as stated above...you live, you learn, you accept God's forgiveness, and you go on.

I hope for your sake that you are not pregnant if you aren't married.  I was very down earlier in the day when I found out that I wasn't going to have a baby.  But, you know what?  That was incredibly selfish of me.  Why should my child have to grow up with a father who isn't there every day, in the same home with his mother?  And, why shouldn't a child have the opportunity to be raised in a very loving home with TWO parents, rather than one?  I came from a broken family (from age three), and it sucks, quite frankly.  I don't want my baby to have to go through that.  So, I'm over my pity party.  God will give me that family I so desire one day when it is RIGHT, and not a moment before then.  Some great ladies on here told me so, and He has told me so. :)

Good luck to you.  Take care, and I hope that things work out for you!
The first time I got pregnant, I thought I had gotten my period, but it only lasted about a day and a half to two days. I went on thinking that I had gotten my period & then a few weeks later, I got into a car accident. I was brought to the hospital where I took a pregnancy test for precautionary reasons. The test came out negative, but then I waited a few more weeks because my body wasn't feeling right and found out that I was, in fact, pregnant and five weeks along. Just because you took two pregnancy tests and they both came out negative, it doesn't always mean you're not pregnant. You need a high enough level of pregnancy hormones before a test can come out positive. I say wait two more weeks and take another test.

Oh and to Cinnamon:
You have absolutely no right to talk to DreamingPoet the way you did. Absolutely no right. Just because she had unprotected sex with a man who she wasn't married to doesn't mean that she didnt love him. You're right, having a baby isnt a game, but that doesnt mean that she wouldn't have loved her baby the same way a married woman could. WE'RE LIVING IN MODERN TIMES. A lot of unmarried women are having children through sperm donors, with friends, even with boyfriends who they dont end up marrying. Don't ever say that she shouldn't have unprotected sex with someone she wasnt married to because you dont know her situation. I'm hoping that you know what its felt like to be completely in love with someone and knowing you want to spend the rest of your life with them no matter what the situation. If you've never felt that Cinnamon, then you don't have the right to judge her. Wake up and look around you, single women are having babies every day and love them with all their hearts and would do anything for their children. People like you make me so angry because you're so ignorant. You think you did a good job because you're "telling it like it is"? If all the single moms of America could read what you wrote, it'd be a whole different story. What you wrote just makes you come off as a person with no heart and no feelings for others and I guess thats why you did write that. Because you don't know anything about love.
(This is not an answer to the question originally asked, I apologize in advance)

This is outrageous.

I have been in a similar situation and these comments about sin and God are a load of **** and totally irrelevant to the question being asked. If you actually do believe in God then you can't just go ahead and assume that everyone shares your exact same faith, how do you know if people are Roman Catholic, Lutheran or if they are religious at all? Also assuming that Christianity is the only possible faith is plain rude not to mention unconsidered and narrow minded. But whatever faith you follow (or even if you don't follow any) I think most religions as well as people agree that a new life is a miracle however it comes about.

To be comparing your self to a reality TV judge, when the subject is this sensitive and important takes this to a whole other level, for crying out loud people. I really think you should get down of your high horse and stop preaching; the comments are for answering questions (don’t recall the question being asked having anything to do with religion at all) and for those that feel the need to state there unasked for opinions, can you really afford judging people you don’t know I’m sure if you look hard enough there are a thing or two in your past that would fall under the “sin” category, after all we are only human.

That being said it's well beside the point of this board MedHelp to be talking religion, I'm sure there are other online forums that are better suited for such.

Again I apologize for not answering the question asked but I just could not believe the ridicule in some of the comments above.

Would also like to make note of the above text, that can be found at the top of the page.

"This forum is for questions about Breast Feeding,Childhood Disease,Colic, Child Discipline, Immunization, Lactation, Newborn Care, Post Partum, SIDS - Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, Special Needs Child."
I TOTALLY agree - some folk have nothing better going on in their own lives than to sit here and judge other people. Religion has NOTHING to do with the page.

Well said.
To say that God does not play a part in this forum is ridiculous!  If it were not for unprotected sex among unmarried people there would be alot of children in loving homes instead of foster care or adopted, and sooo many children born instead of aborted.  Don't you people realize that marriage was created by God for a reason?  To protect the family unit and the children from unnecessary heart ache that comes from this sin?  I am not judging but am responding to your comments.  This is a simple fact whether you want to accept it or not.  Without extramarital sex there would not be STD's or aids either.  Again, God meant it to protect us and there are consequences for everyone involved.
by the sound of it i would say that sometimes it just happens like that and it doesnt surely mean ur preganant no this can be just a sudden change in ur cycle iv'e had it happen to me before and yeah it scared the **** out of me but i got it checked out and it was all cool but maybe its just u faking ur body out and if not congrats hun..!!
Dreamingpoet, I am a mother of two children concieved out of wedlock.  I am now however, married to their daddy.  My father is also a pastor and never once looked down on me for this "sin".  I was in the same exact situation as you were.  My husband and I were in love and had been together for years.  We ended up pregnant with my daughter, split up for a little bit, got back together, and had our son, then married.  I had people judge me and share their opinions with me, but honestly, it didn't matter what they said or felt, it only married how I felt and the peace or lack of peace that I had.  I do not see marriage as a piece of paper that unites two people, but more so of a committment made between two people.  Not the legalities of it all.  Two people joining in love in the eyes of God.  No where in the Bible does it describe how a married couple would be considered married.  It is a perception and opinion of how one believes.  As far as if you were pregnant?  Well, there are many families that have children who are married then get divorced and create a more emotional instability than that of a single parent.  It all works out, sometimes the path we take or choose though either throws up bumps or curves.  Each one leading to the end of the path and bringing peace.
I came to this site to get some positive feedback and instead I now feel sick to my stomach!  

One woman had a question and almost all the other women had nothing but negative comments.   You should all be disgusted in yourselves.

Woman should stick together and be supportive of one another (regardless of "your" personal views).  We should not feel the need to put each other down.  How embarrassed I am for you.

Good luck on correcting your selfish personalities.  I will not be visiting this site again!

Hi! I went through the exact same symptoms. Took a pregnancy test and it was negative. A month later, when I realised I was off coffee, alcohol etc I took another couple which were both positive. The dr also confirmed this with the blood test. Unfortunately when I had the brown spotting which lasted about a week it was a miscarriage at 8 weeks. Therefore my 1st negative test was wrong as I was already pregnant but it must have been very early stages. Don't worry about people and their judgements, like you said you only have one person to answer to and no one is perfect. We all have the right to make our own choices and live our lives as we choose. To quote JC "He who is without sin cast the first stone!" I hope everything works out for the best. I literally was told I was pregnant then a couple of days later I told I had lost it. Look after yourself as you possibly ARE pregnant and trust me, losing it is hard to get over whether it was planned or not. God bless!
My periods normally last about a week .. The last two months they have been lasting for 2-3 days starting heavy then slowly getting lighter, does this mean I could be pregnant ... These shorter periods haven't been later either ..
what is wrong with  you Dreamingpoet; the reason she had unprotected sex when she didn't want a child is that she is not perfect!  I can think of a million times I did what I knew wasn't right because, well -- I'm human.  And frankly that is why my Lord, Jesus Christ, was born and died for me; I can't live the perfect life the way I was created to do.  I thank God for his compassion and mercy, and that he is not like us humans who so quickly judge others because its easier to do than to look at our own hearts.

God bless us.

God bless us.
this has become more of an immature argument. Either answer her questions with fact, not opinion, or don't bother posting.. she didnt ask for your opinion. She asked for your fact.
i've gained weight in the last few weeks so much and so quick that i have developed stretchmarks on my sides, i thought i might be pregnant about 4-5 weeks ago and took 2 tests they both came back negative however i had my period last week and it was alot shorter and lighter than usual, usually i would have a 7 day cycle but my last period only lasted 2 days and was an unusual brown shade of colour, can anyone offer an explaination???
she just asked about her period not for you to get in her business and start asking questions that arent your business. thats part of the problem with ppl these day you worried about why shes not married and her ex being her ex none of that concerns you nor affects your life if your not going to answer the questions then dont post damn. THE END
Reading this made me sick. My boyfriend uses the 'pull out method' as well, yes not 100% affective, but it has worked for us and NO I am not on birth control. Just because ya'll think you're some experts on the subject and apparently God's right hand man-you DO NOT have any right to judge people YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW! Yes, they're only opinions....but word them better-if you didn't want to SOUND like an ******* or a ***** then you would have worded it in such a way that @DreamingPoet didn't feel attacked. But you didn't so, case in point, you're a ***** who thinks she knows all and guess what....I don't like people like that :) and no I won't apologize for my actions...because ya'll didn't apologize for yours.
People can be so judgmental these ain't the old days where people have babies only when they are marryed and last I check ****.happens
People don't always plan to sleep together with out a condom n some don't plan on getting pregnant but that's life it happens so instead of being bored and judging someone asking for help find something better to do just saying if you got nothing nice to say u shouldn't say it at all
Well I can say this page wasnt put up to be mean or call yourself telling people how it is... Its her life she knows what she needs to fix she dont need you to tell her that.... Now on her question just go to your ob/gyn every woman body is different this is the only way to be sure what is going on with you... Good Luck
Cinnamon your a total ***** things happen all the time and who are you to judge the rest. Married or not kids are brought into this world evrryday
She didn't ask you about her personal life she asked you about the pregnancy. Stop being so judgmental, I'm pretty sure your slate is not so clean. At least she had the balls to ask publicly. It's people like you that hinder other individuals from getting any type of help.
Wow, this was posted back in 2005-  A little late, but I hope the original poster grew up and didn't end up having some random guy's baby.  I read many of her posts, and originally I thought a couple women jumped on her out of nowhere, but reading many of the things she wrote, she said she'd been with this man for 8 years... then it turned into, well, they'd been FRIENDS for 8 years and "lovers" for 6... then it turned into, well, sometime during these years, he'd in fact, been married to some other woman... so basically, no, they weren't together for 8 years at all.  Not that her relationship is my business, however, then she goes on to admit that she was actually DISAPPOINTED to find out that she's not having this man's baby.... this man who is now her EX, and whom was married to another woman during part of this time that he was supposedly involved with her?  What an irresponsible thing to hope for.  I'll bet he was relieved.  Sounds like he was losing sleep worrying that he knocked her up and she misread his nervous call as him needing to hear her voice.  I sincerely hope this girl has grown up over the years and didn't end up mothering some random joe's baby.  Things happen, sure, and having an unplanned pregnancy is one level of irresponsible, but having broken up with someone- whom has actually been seeing many women over the years, not just you, and then hoping that the last time you had sex with your ex, he accidentally knocked you up, is just... low.  By all means, if a baby was conceived, take care of it... but don't WISH such a bad situation on everyone, INCLUDING the kid.    
Hello, I'm new to this but am in need of some help. My period this month is very late and that is not normal for me. I've had this milky white discharge only sometimes. I started bleeding today but it's not a normal period for me, it's very light and pinkish-brownish. I normally have heavy periods that last about five days and along with that have horrible cramps. I have not experienced cramps with this 'period'. I get slight cramps here and there, I get hot flashes, I am urinating more frequently, have been dizzy and light headed and tired. I took a pregnancy test and it said negative. One more thing ive also been moody and have had lower back aches and lower abdomen slight cramps. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Ok, me and my partner have been recently trying for a baby, my periods come like clock work every month & I mean even the timeing its consistant as it comes in the morning.. I was due to start my period on the 20th of june but it came 2days late & also very light which is unlikely! A week before my period was initially due had like browny/pink spotting aswell.. Could I be pregnant or could this be something else?? Help!!
you are a jerk. This was rude. Not everyone has your views and WOMEN can raise a child on their own if they so choose. And some people do not pop pregnant on hpt! Educate your self and welcome to the new world!!!
I know that my friend was a big smoker with her first son and she quit smoking completely and she was getting sick and so was the baby. The Dr said to slowly ween yourself off of it because it will shock your body and the baby.