Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Pregnant and period

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Pregnant and period

Is it possible for me to be pregnant while on my period or am i just sick. I got my period about 2 days late and its starting off really slow. Its usually a lot heaver. Plus i have had hard nipples for the past week as well as feeling sick and foods seem really strong around me. Really bad headaches also.
Is it possible that im pregnant or just sick.
Pregnancy and periods are so close together that it's hard to tell them apart. The best thing to do is take a test. I'd wait maybe a week after the bleeding has stopped or at least a few days. It is possible to have bleeding/spotting while pregnant. In December, what I thought was my period turned out to be that I was pregnant. I took a test after the bleeding/spotting stopped (only lasted 2 days) and I got a negative. I waited and tested again and got a positive. I am now 16w3d pregnant. Anything is possible.
It is very unlikely to get your period while pregnant. But it is possible to bleed. The best thing to do is take a pregnancy test since it should be accurate.
How could i tell the difference between my period and pregnancy bleeding? Im having horrible back pains but not much blood unless i go to the bathroom. Even then its not alot
It can be hard to tell them apart, too. The only difference in pregnancy bleeding and a period is with a period your shedding the uterine wall. With pregnancy you do not, otherwise that would result with a miscarriage. Take a test after the bleeding is over to decide where to go from there. When I had my bleeding in December, it was heavy the first day. But darker in color. The second day it was spotting and then was gone. It felt like a period to me other than it did not hurt me as badly as they normally do.
I actually have a friend who has 3 kids and every pregnancy she had very light bleeding about the time her period was due in the 1st month of her being pregnant. Are you bleeding enough to have to change a pad or pantie liner??? Or is it just when you wipe? All so are you on BC and if not how long have you been off? I ask because for a year my periods were never the same and I hardly had to wear more then a pantie liner and my OB told me that's bc my body was still adjusting! I guess it adjusted right since I am now Preggers with number 3!!! :)
Its just when I go to the bathroom.. I changed my pad about twice but that was just to stay clean and it was never much but a spit in it. I've been off the pill since about november and havent really been on any form of BC since. I have also been taking prenatal for my hair and nails for almost a month now. Last time i went to the bathroom I looked in the toliet and it just looked like blood not really any tissue. The nauea feeling really comes and goes now but i still dont have a taste for any food which is unusual because i'm always hungry.. I should just add that about 3 or 4 days before i got my period i took a pregnancy test and it came out negative.
I think what you should do is wait till about Thursday or Friday and maybe take a test first thing in the morning....If that is still negative then Id either wait and retest a week later or call your gyn to get some blood work done. I used to feel the same way as you though about the time my period was due some months Id have the food aversions. upset stomach and boob tenderness. Being on ur period can cause some of the same symptoms of pregnancy sometimes.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers