Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
What are the chances of me being pregnant? Pull out, plan B?

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on Sept. 3rd and less than 24 hours later I took Plan B one-step. On the 9th, I experienced brown spotting that lasted for 3 days and I am extremely worried that it might be implantation bleeding and not just a side effect from taking the Plan B. Please help me, I haven't been able to sleep or think about anything else, I really need some answers.
It's impossible to say either way. The pill is NOT in any way a guarantee pregnancy will not occur, and does fail more often than people like to think. You need to wait 2 weeks and take a pregnancy test with first morning urine. Is there something about it that makes you think it's implantation bleeding? Personally, it doesn't sound like it.

You sound like you do NOT want to be pregnant, so you and your boyfriend need to be more responsible and actually use real birth and/or condoms. Pulling out is not protection and Plan B is meant to be used if your contraceptive failed, not because you didn't want to use any.
No, there's nothing that makes me think it's implantation bleeding, I just assumed it could be that since it never happens? But how likely is it that it's just a side effect from the pill?
And yeah, I don't want to be pregnant. We do need to be responsible and this was just a one time thing. Maybe I'm worrying for nothing? I'm going to take a pregnancy test tomorrow (it's the 11th day since sex), and another one in a week.
When was ur period suppose to start? Sounds more like side effect but I can't say forsure
My period's supposed to start the 23rd at the earliest
It definitely sounds like a side effect to me. Irregular bleeding is very common when using the Plan B pill. Be warned as well, your period might be different as well. It could come early, late or you could skip it all together. It might also be lighter/heavier than usual.
Thank you so much for your help.
Just remember--- it might have been a one time thing, but it only takes one time for a female to get pregnant. Good luck to you.
Yes, of course, never again. But do you think I could be pregnant this time? I took a pregnancy test today and it was negative but I know its too early to know for sure. I'm going to take another one on Saturday, but I'm still kind of worried....
You could be, yes. It's not likely, but it's definitely not impossible.
Less than 10 percent? I mean I took the pill less than 24 hours after and that's 95% effective and he didn't ejaculate inside
Less than 10 percent? I mean, I took the pill less than 24 hours later and that's 95% effective and he didn't ejaculate inside...
According to the FDA it's only 85% effective (you could check out their website if you want to read about it yourself), and I know a lady who took it less than 12 hours after having unprotected sex and got pregnant-- so honestly I can't say what it would be. It also makes NO difference if he ejaculates in your or not, it WILL get you pregnant. I know dozens of ladies on the Pregnancy 18-34 forum (among other forums I visit) who got pregnant from the pull out method.
On the Plan B website it says that it's 99.7% effective under ideal use? Did I use it under ideal use?
Today I also had some white-ish discharge around noon. At 3 I took the pregnancy test and it was negative. Does the discharge change things????
No. The test looks for the hCG hormone, nothing but diluted urine or hormonal medicine will mess with it.

As for ideal use and whatnot, everything advertises they have the best defense against so and so. Honestly, there are too many variables as to what influences it.
Yeah, but is the discharge, like, bad? Or is it normal? Could it be just because I might be ovulating?
And could my spotting have been a withdrawl (withdrawal) bleed since I took the pill so early in my cycle?
It could have been yes. It's extremely common for women to spot after taking the Plan B pill, regardless of where in your cycle you are. All women have discharge, it doesn't mean or tell much. Some have more than others.
So me being pregnant is not likely, but not impossible?
Pretty much. Nothing is ever 100%, not even sterilization. The only way you would never get pregnant is if you had a full hysterectomy of your uterus and your ovaries or if you were menopausal.
The only 100% chance of not becoming pregnant is abstinence