can I be pregnant and still have menstrual cycles?
I went to the doctor several months ago feeling pregnant only to find out that i have hypothyroid.  2 months later, i was feeling little flutters and movement so I went back and had an ultrasound to make sure i was not pregnant because i am having menstrual cycles every month.  the ultrasound tech spent maybe all of one minute on the ultrasound and said i was fine.  this was just an urgent medical place not an OBGyn.  the doctor told me it could just be muscle spasms and possibly gas and I am sure he thought i was psychosomatic or something but he claimed i should not worry as long as i am not in any pain.  It is  a month and a half later and those flutter movements are still occuring  along with those flips or rolls you would normally feel during mid to late pregnancy.  I am 30 years old with two of my own children I think I know the difference between gas and baby movement. I know this is not "in my head"  the only time i have ever felt anything like this has been when i am pregnant.
  I have tried to pretend its not happening but the movement is frequently through the day and very strong and extremely hard to ignore.  My question is could i really be pregnant and still be having a period every month Or could this be related to the thyroid medication?   this paticular doctor said it is not common to have a period when you are pregnant but i do not believe that is true.  am i right?  if this is not pregnancy then please tell me what could possibly be moving inside of me  to this magnitude.
Hello! i really need help with this!

Im only 17 so i dont know at all about this so the people that may just be guessing please dont give me wrong advise nd make me go crazy...
well its been 7 months sense the last time i had any kind of sexual relationships nd i have been getting my period all along till this point but sense the past like 2 to 3 month i have been having some of those symptoms, like my boob  have been getting bigger nd a little painful to touch my stomatch has been getting a bit bigger i hadnt been this big, also been really tired and sleepy, not in good mood or swimming moods and i have never had a feeling or movement like everyone says they feel. Im really scared to go to the doctor and know that i am... so please i need advise
can i be pregnant and still have my period for 7 months?????
Why would you be scared to see a doctor? Pregnancy isn't something you just put on the back burner and hope things turn out ok. You need treatment if you are pregnant. Not having it jeopardizes not only your health, but your babies life.

As for if you're actually pregnant, I very much doubt it. You do NOT have a period while pregnant. You can bleed, but this is NOT a period. It's just bleeding. You need to see a doctor. It doesn't matter if you're scared, you have to know. Speculation is worthless, and no one will be able to tell you on the internet if you're truly pregnant or not.

By the way, why does your profile say you're 15 but you state your age as 17?
HEY WHY HAVENT NO ONE ANSWER ME YET :( ?
thanks for responding
nd well im scared to actually find out that i am and didnt know before nd realise i have done something to hurt it...
nd well i know yur period doesnt come when yu are actually pregnant.. but ok like yu say yu only bleed how long does that bleeding last or what?? does it seem like an actual period or what?? but yea i think going to the doctor is the best thing..

because when i was making the profile i clicked that thing but i think i fixed it
It really depends on the female. I never bled while pregnant, so I have no experience in it.
I have read most of these comments and im still unsure of myself. i stopped BC in Feb of this year and have been trying since then.  On july 6 ( my day of ovulation) me and my fiance had unprotected sex twice. on the 13th of July I started experincing and STILL expereincing : Cramping in lower pelvic area, night sweats, staying up until 5 am consistantly, sore and darkening of my nipples, swollen boobs, white discharge, dark yellow urine, Gaggin (nausea?), Undies very wet almost soaked by end of work day, Hot flashes, Gasssss, aches and tension in my back. i say all of this to say that today the 21st at 5 am i started bleeding. it is very bright red but not coming down like my normal period would. Im still cramping and have not stopped since the 13th. I have been gagging all day and have used the bathroom at least 4 times today. I took a PT on 15th and 17 of july and got 2 BFN... what the hell is going on with me ?? PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INPUT!! im going to take another PT tommorow .....
Hello everyone...my fiance and I are TTC. I have had my normal period for the past 3 months since I've been off BC. It has been only late once and that was this past time. But my problem is, I've gained 10 pounds, I feel drained, I have cravings and my sense of smell is A LOT stronger. I'm wanting to know if you can have your normal, heavy period and still be pregnant? Something just doesnt feel right about my body. Thank you!
hi,im trying to figure out am i pregnant..me and my fiance' had sex sep 21, sept 24, which i believe to be me fertile days. i started spotting oct 5th, and my perioid wasnt suppose to be until the 10th or 11th..today was the 2nd day and it has been heavy... also back in aug i was in a car accident and broke my femur and had to  get surgery. a couple days later i came on my period and it only last for 2 days.. could i have been pregnant???
HI THERE I NEED SOMEONE,S HELP ? I AM TRYING TO GET PREGNANT AND I AM HAVING SOME SYMPTOMS, LIKE SORE BREAST AND NIPPLES SINCE ABOUT 3 WEEKS, AND FLUID COMING FROM MY NIPPLES FROM ABOUT A WEEK AND A HALF. , MY FINGER NAILS ARE GROWING QUICKER. I ATE SOMETHING AND I FELT LIKE I WAS GOING TO VOMIT. AND STOMACH SICK. I AM GOING TO THE BATHROOM ALOT LATELY. BUT I THINK I STARTED MY PERIOD IS THERE ANY CHANCE I COULD STILL BE PREGNANT ????? PLEASE HELP THANK YOU
Hello everyone, I am new to this . I am 22 and me and my fiance have been trying to conceive....I feel like I have had the symptoms. For instance my period was due on Oct. 15, but it came on the 17. I thought no biggie except it was acting like it was goin off it was brown and barely got on underwear. than for the nxt five days it was slightly more red but still very light. Nothing like my normal cycle. So that spotting lasted a total of 6 days with no pain what so ever which i ALWAYS have to take some type of medicine. I took a test and it showed up negative so I didnt stress it. But than the nxt day my nipples got really sore not so much my actual breast, i started frequently urinating and irritable. Unfortunately on Oct. 30th i wiped and a pink discharge was on it and nothing else. than the nxt day (Oct. 31st) i wiped and it was still pinkish and thick. but now it got heavier but still no pain. So today (Nov 1st) i went to my gynecologist and she took another urine test still negative :( but she thought it was weird for me also to bleed so often in one month. and she stated my cervix was still open...... Could i be pregnant still??????
Hi, I'm 18 and my fiancee and I have been trying to conceive. We've only tried for 3 months, but my menstrual cycle is always smack on 28 days. The last period I had was 4 days late, and the one before that was a day early. I have never taken birth control, (I've heard that can affect timing of your period) and I've been experiencing weird symptoms these past 2 months. I took a pregnancy test last month and the month before, but both turned up negative. I have experienced HUGE increase in appetite, especially this past week, headaches, (although not lately) fatigue, stomach pain, back pain and weird discharges. The first month I experienced a pink discharge when I wiped, and then a kind of brownish discharge in my underwear. Then last month I experienced a yellow-green discharge. I also have slight breast tenderness when the nipples are touched, and they are also very dry and skin is flaky when scratched. I don't know if that because of saliva (my fiancee likes to suck on them, sorry for the TMI, but I really really want to know what's going on with my body) I had frequent urination last month, and then constipation this month. My next period should be in 8 days, but I have no idea if I should take a test now, wait until after, or go into the doctors. Any help woul be greatly appreciated, and since I know I probably won't check back here for a while, if you want you can e-mail me at lisa_elska***@****
I have clear liquid coming out nipple and feel movement in stomach. But my test says negative wht could it be?? I also on period so im confused.
Clear comes out nipple feel movement in stomach but I took test it says negative so & my period is on I threw up twice like 2weeks ago & that was it.wht does it means
I dont know the exact date i was supposed to start my period but i know for a fact i was gonna start my period because i always have heavy cramping before and after my period and i was starting to get heavy cramping and sore breasts so my boyfriend and i wanted to have sex before i started my period and we did it without a condom and he came inside me and i didnt take plan b and its been five days since we did it and three days ago i had a tin ytiny tiny blood stain in my underwear but didnt start and ive noticed cloudy discharge every time i pee which isnt normal for me and i just noticed a slight tint of light pink when i wipedand the next time i went to the br there was a light pink spot in my underwear. And now this morning when i woke up there was a light red blotch of blood in my underwear but usually when i get my period i never spot before an dwhen my period does arrive its very heavy and is typically darker in color not light red. I also noticed that ive had trouble eating lately meaning i havent really felt hungry and when i am i cant really finish cause i start to feel sick. Plus the other day at the store i smelled chocolate really strong and was wondering where it was coming from then i realized i was standing next to boxes of hot chocolate but they werent evem open. Am i just going crazy or could i be pregnant? experiencing heavier ramping at the moment but could i still be pregnant?
I'm 28 years old and I pretty sure that I am pregnant my body is changing.  My breast are bigger, swollen, feel heavier/fuller, my stomach is tight and bigger, some nausea and starving all the time, craving foods I don't usually eat.  I was positive but yesterday I started bleeding and so I read some stuff on line and they said that implantation bleeding is pink/brown.  My bleeding is red but it's not as heavy as my usually period and doesn't seem as thick this bleeding is thin and doesn't really have any smell.  I'm freaking out this will be my first child if I am pregnant.  Can anyone advise me please! Help!!!!!!!!
Hi, my name is Jane and I have been having all kinds of pregnancy symptoms. Sickness throughout the day, tired, emotional, eating alot, all of that but I have been having a very irregular bleeding for about a month now, on and off, heavy then light. Very strange. I was on the depo shot and have been off of it for about 5 months now. Am I pregnant or is the depo giving me side affects from being off it? Can you bleed that way and still be pregnant? Someone please help me.
I just got over strep throat and a stomach virus. I my period normally comes around the 19th-22th it norally last for 3 to 5 days. My husband pulls out. We are not trying to have a baby. Could i possibly be pregnant? Or could i have just skipped my period because i was sick? I am 6 or 7 days late
i havent had a period in almost 2 months but for 5months i would bleed for 2wks then stop for a wk and have had 5 neg hpt what should i do please hepl and thanh you for the advice
Come on Ladies! Follow up on your post. It would be helpful! Just as much as u wanted answers ,others who are going thru the same thing do too... Thank u so much, God Bless!
Hello i had a unprotected sex back in july 8th which only lasted a few seconds but it was around the time i was most fertile so i ended up taking plan b on the 11th. I had never taken any type of hormones before so i feel like it took a toll on my body MAYBE??

Well my period was 2 days late on july but right on time and even a day early for the next couple of months BUT i've had pregnancy symptoms since july like cramps lower back pains and recently more hunger and frequent urination.

Since July i've taken a LOT of home pregnancy tests and in august 11th i had a blood test done at my doctor's. I had yet another blood test done today Nov 30th and will get my results on Dec 1st

My expected period should be here on Dec 4th but i feel a lot of what feels like muscle twitches and i haven't been drinking a lot of water like i should and normally do maybe that's why i feel hungry more often??

i would appreciate any experiences or advise Thanks :)
This is not a comment, its a question but I don't know where else to ask besides the doctors. I had unprotected sex beginning of november and I should have got my period the weekend after, although I didn't. I was 2 weeks and 3 days late until I got my period last night it is not light bleeding, it is like a normal period. I took a home pregnancy test and the doctors pregnancy test they were both negative. I have been having symptoms though, and my doctor said the night I had sex was one the easiest days for my to concieve and my hormone could just not be high enough for it to show that I'm pregnant on the results. is there still a chance I could be pregnant?
I had my period on the 7-12 of November it was only 6 days an then 21 days later I have my period again from the 3-11 of December witch was weird an now I'm having cramping in my lower stomach an I'm very tired all the time my breast are pretty sore I'm peeing more than I usually do an I'm hungry more often.  I had unprotected sex both times after my period .. I'm only 17 .
i started my period last month on the 20 of Nov,I had  unprotected sex on the 3 of DEC and a week later my breast started to get  bigger, swollen, feel heavier and they hurt alot. but today i started to bleed i dont know if its my period.it started with a light pick color and now its like dark red im having really bad cramps and i still feel like if im preg i have a 10 year old daughter and i didnt had this symptom with her and now i need to know if im prego or not cause i feel real wear never been thrught this befor..pls tell me wat this mean cause not event the doctor know all they did was a urine sample and they said i was not prego i think its to soon to find out but whit the symptom im having i think im but not to sure..it's possible i could be prego...
I sam my period the last of november into december,ended at about the 5th and now my period came again today so I don't understand this,can someone tell me what's wrong,could I be pregnant or had a miscarriage
I've been having symptoms that I could be pregnant and even movements and along with that firm lower stomach but then I'm still have my periods every month but not as heavy as they use to be so could I be pregnant??? (& I hope wen I tell my bf I hope he doesn't tell me oh how wen I pull out(the pull out method isn't 100% accurte)  
Hi my name is Marjorie ok I had a 3day period last month December 2011 and my period was suppose 2 come January 14,2012 but it came today January 15,2012 around 5pm but it's light nd bright red and I have cramps but they not bad could I be pregnant because my period normally last 7 days nd my period is a day late nd its bright red and light plz let me know wat I should do
My first day of my last menstrual period was on December 19 my husband who is in the Marines came down for the holidays.  We have been trying to have a baby for the longest, never use protection and he never pulls out my actual date for my next menstrual period was for January 16 I missed the first two days January 16-17 in the beggining  I was kinda just spotting and never really cramping.  But then January 18 around 3:00am I wake up with cramps and Apperantly I started my "period" but it's not like my normal mestrual period it's alot lighther..... He was home for about 10 days n left January 3 about a week in a half later I began to feel really tired and abdomen felt swollen my boobs seemed bigger (even my husband told me that)  very nauseated  and vomiting when I eat certain foods  would I be pregnant?? Please help
Hey, my husband and I have been trying to conceive for about a year now so last mnth we followed all the rules and made sure we knew my ovulation but my period came and finished and my breast are still tingly i am urinating all the time and my feet were swollen today for the first time in my life. Could this mean i am pregnant? Fyi my mom had her period for 4 mnths when she had me
I HAVE BEEN HAVING SIGNS OF PREGNANCY. NAUSEA, BACK PAIN, HEADACHES, ALWAYS SLEEPY AND CRAVING FOR HOT WINGS AND ICE CREAM. I ALSO HAVE DEVELOPED SENSITIVE SMELLS. I HAD A LATE CYCLE ON DEC. 30TH AND I JUST CAME ON FEB. 26TH. NOT BLEEDING HEAVY BUT I AM SICK TO MY STOMACH IS IT NORMAL AND CAN I BE GOING THROUGH EARLY MENOPAUSE OR SOMETHING I KNOW SOMETHING IS GOING ON I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT.
Ok I need some advice I was on birth control for a month then stopped it cause i thought I was have an allergic reaction to it then the follow month the rash I thought was from the birth control still have the rash and now I have cravings for certain things with chocolate syrup whitch I hate but I want it with almost everything I eat and my period was early then the following month my stomach started to feel like it was starting to stretch and its kinda hard and my boobs hurt to the touch and my period was about 5 days late can some one tell me if I am pregnant or is there just something wrong with me I also have taken 2 at home pee tests and had one done at the er and at a blood test all came back negative please some one tell me something I'm confused  on what is going on
hi.im 23.. i have my perioud on march 7,its ends on march 10 .. but now ia have again but its only spot and light brown,, what does it mean? pls kindly answer.. thank you
female reproductive factor>>very good>>
Hi! My bf and I had unprotected sex twice during my fertile period! As gfew days after started getting flu like symptoms, sore breasts and nipples, mild cramping,feeling lil nauseus headaches and a little fever. My periods were due the 29 of this month but instead came 2nd (3days late) my cuzn told me she dreamt I was preggo a couple of others asked me if I was as well! Cud I stiLl be pregnant? If not y was I 3 days late wen I always bleed on time
Hi I am showing positive urine test since Monday September 24th and I started bleeding on Wednseday 27th. I went to the ER and they did not see anything on the sonogram. Did a pelvic exam and my cervix was closed. I am still bleeding light red and having on and off cramping. I was suppose to get my period on the 26th. My hcg levels are 35 which tells that I am very early but low levels. Could I still be getting my epriod and have a normal pregnancy? Today I did urine test still positive.
I am 33 with 5 daughters now but have been prego 6 times. I am now having the same problem as soon are with having a cycle and still having all of the signs of a pregnancy.  I am tired all of the time, breast feel heavier than usual, frequent bathroom use, nausea at times but it goes away, hungry late in the evening and early in the a.m., previous stretch marks are starting to darken back up, stomach is starting to swell with a hard knot on the left side ( had 2 c-sections for the last 2 children so my stomach muscles aren't what they were with vaginal deliveries), and mild pain in my lower back.  I have taken several home tests all came up negative. I even went to the doctor in July and it came up negative as well.  I am still having these feelings and most of all the strange dreams when normally I don't have any dreams that I can remember the next morning like I do now.  I am worried especially since I had a tubal pregnancy 10 years ago before I had my youngest two.  I have researched the issue of having a "period" during pregnancy and each are different in either saying yes or no and being pregnant.  When in my families history my mother bleed the whole time with me and they didn't detect the pregnancy until 8 months along.  My question to anyone who may respond to this, Is it possible that after having 6 pregnancies that I can have all the symptoms and bleed and no doctor can detect the pregnancy?
I have had a regular period for the past two months, but now I'm starting to feel flutters and very tired all the time. Could I be expecting?
I just had a laparoscopy done on Oct 5 and had sex on Oct  13. My cycle was 7 days late. My cycle was due to come on October 24. October 29 i started having mild cramps but didnt see any blood until Oct 30 and it was brown when it first started. Today I started feeling sick with flu like symptoms. I have no appetite and sometimes feel nausea. I also feel like I could be getting a headache. My body feels warm to touch so I took my temp and and it was 98.6.  I know people that have had a normal cycle during pregnancy so I do know it's possible but I've never been pregnant and I'm just seeking advice.
I was 9 days late and am never late unless I am pregnant but now started my peraid so I dont know but feel pregnant have bloting sore heads and sore back done test but says no thinking off doing a blode test feel pregnant have 4 kids so know how it feels what should I do thanks for any help
I just had a question for you, I was wondering if when you had your period, it was different as any periods before. You see, I am getting my period but it's been a few days late than usual, and that was never the case before, plus I did not get any cramps the past months. The other thing was, did you get negative tests>? Please share your experience with me. If you don't mind. I am 30 years old, have a son and testing negative. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
ok i need an honsest to god awnser ... can you get prego from anal sex while on your period?? and if your period was regular two times after can you still be pregnant!?
******please help me!*****:(
Hi!! Am having a serious problem here,av been married for two years now with no issue cos for the frist year we decided to wait for the year before having a baby,but after the year we started trying although not regularly,but by july I was taking some drugs which made my period date irregular,by august I didnot have my period at all and I was feeling all pregnancy symptoms I took a hpt(2)negative,by september i saw my period at the middle of the month but it was more like spotin,very light it wasn't flowing at all,by october it came the same way too but about a week late to the due tym so i took a test it was still negative,now by nov I had my period 3days late to the when due but very heavy,but I was feeling dizzy tired a little sick,sleepy and hungry,I don't know what to do or what is going on,should I go for a blood test and scan plss some one advice me....
Can u ave heavy flow and still be pregnant
I haven't had sex in 3 months. I've had periods this whole time. I started feeling little flutters in my belly which made me nervous and I also noticed I've been nauseous lately.but it is flu season. I took 2 at home pregnancy tests and they both clearly said negative. My boobs don't hurt and aren't getting bigger. Could I be pregnant or is it something else?
Hi i have doubt that i am pregnant but i am getting regullar period and less bleeding than normal when i want to take home test can any one tell me
so my period has been acting weird for the past 3 months I thought I was pregnant but when I went to the doctor said it was negative I still feel like I am pregnant and now my stomach is starting to look bigger to me and itst starting to hurt a little more and when my husband pushes down on my stomach he can tell its getting firm. any advise
I'd like some help here.
me and my fiancee' just split up because we had two miscarriages and I snapped at him.... and recently I've been bleeding  last night and this morning when I went to the loo, please tell me what's your comment on this, because I've been feeling sick, really tired and exhausted and feel really bloated. :/ I'm really confused.
I haven't had a period in two years. Then all of a sudden for the past two months I have gotten a period again on time and for about 7 days. Normally before it went missing for two years it was very heavy and lasting about two weeks at a time. My husband is a bit concerned because I hadn't had one then it pops up out of nowhere. Now I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms so to say except sore breasts around the nipples. Our son is 18 and graduating in a month and a half. I am soooooooooo confused. Any answers please. I might be going g through premenopausal syndrome. Oh yeah I am 37.
Yes you can be pregnant my friend had a regular period 7 days come to find out 5 1/2months later she was pregnant with her bbygirl my mother was the same way so was my sisters so in my eyes it's possible