Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant? Community
confused

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

confused

My husband and I have been trying to concieve (conceive) for almost a year. Last week, I had nausea, vomiting, heartburn, tender breats, cramping, and headaches. I had scant traces of blood when I went to the bathroom on Tues and Wed. Then Friday morning, I started what appears to be an abnormal period. Its an orangey muscousy red looking instead of the normal darker red and its a lighter flow.
Ive also been more tired than normal
Have you taken a pregnancy test? Your symptoms mean extremely little and don't tell us anything regarding pregnancy. Anyone can have these on any given day.
I took one last week and it was neg
When did you last have sex and when is/was your cycle due
We go at it every couple of days. My lmp was due on tue when I got the very few scant traces when I wiped
I was told by a RN once that if you concieve (conceive) close to you mp you could still have it. Ive never had it where Ive had the traces and the days later started a light period, nor have had all the symptoms together except for when I found out I was pg with my first years ago.
A female can't actually have a period when you're pregnant. To have a period involves shedding the uterine lining the egg implants into. If you shed this with the egg attached, you miscarry. You CAN bleed though. Women assume bleeding = period and this is not true. There's something called decidual bleeding where you actually do shed your uterine lining, this is speculated to be due to low hormone levels. It's uncommon though.

The thing with 'pregnancy' symptoms is that they're not just due to pregnancy. Any number of things can cause these. If your symptoms are truly pregnancy, a test will most definitely be positive. You only get symptoms once the egg has implanted and your hCG levels start to rise. Because they double and pregnancy tests are sensitive enough now to read levels as low as 20, within two days of implantation it would read positive. This however is based on you using a good test and testing with first morning urine. If you don't use FMU, you need to reduce fluid intake and hold your bladder for at least 4 hours.