Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
how long after you miss your period should you take pregnancy test

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

i am new to the site and was hoping someone could clarify some information. i am currently ttc and am 6 days late for my period i have taken pregnancy tests x2 both bfn. i was told by friends i should wait at least 2 weeks after i miss my period to take the test is this correct? a family member just tested positive after 1 day late. i am so confused and disappointed at this point. thanks
Viewing 1-200 comments:
most of them are accurate the first day after you miss your period. some are accurate as early as 5 days before your period is due. you definitely don't have to wait 2 weeks.. if your cycles are generally regular and your test is negative you may want to see a dr. to find out what is going on. i know all about being disappointed by a negative test. good luck to you and let us know how it goes.
You definately don't have to wait 2 weeks. I got a bfp 5 days before my period was due with my son with one of those test meant to be taken before.
Mandi
I usually know before the period is due, and have tested before the date and once it came up positive within seconds and during another pregnancy it didn't show until a week after I was due for my period.  It all depends on your body and the level of the pregnancy hormone in your body  - which is what the tests go off of, a low HCG level may not show on a HPT, but it doesn't mean you are not pregnant - you may have to wait a little longer.  GOOD LUCK and let us know.
it depends on how sensitive the test is and how late you are. at 6 days late one would think you would get a BFP if you are PG. some woman have taken a week to 10 days before getting it. if you are very regular and go over 10 days late and still get a BFN call your doc. they will do a blood HCG to see if you are PG and if not can give you provera to start your cycle. i hope this helped and tons of baby dust...i am TTCing too.

love and hugs....kimmie
actually clear blue easy digital caught my BFP at 15 mIU/ml....the lowest yet that i have found in my research

kimmie
I have looked on the web and discovered that the best over the counter hpt is e.p.t.  The site stated that e.p.t. can detect the lowest hcg amount compared to other tests.
Sep 5th 2006 I got my Period, October 7th I took a pregnancy Test and Came back Postive, I was only one Day Late ( missed period) and I actually went to the Dollar Store and Got a test which only cost me a dollar six lol. But anyways... I was only one day late and took one and it came back positive, and when I went to the doctors to see how far long I was, I was already 6 weeks. So you can get your period even though your pregnant, I did and the second month I never got it again until I had my son Ryan.... SO you can take it even if your a day late.
I usually have a 24 day cycle, and every month this year it lasted only 24 days. I am 5 days late. I thought that would be my sign that I am pregnant. Well I took 2 test and both say negative. I am a little nervous because I really have been trying to get pregnant for at least 5 years. Should I wait a little longer or read up on menapause?
you said you had your period during pregnancy--was it light? Or was it like normal? That is so interesting!
I'm late on my period haven't taken an test yet last month I really didn't have an period I thought I was coming on, on the 9th of Oct but it was really light pink and it didn't last all day I guess you can say I was spotting it would come down but not alot for a few days then stopped and now we are in Nov and no period should I go ahead and take a test now or should I just wait to see if I come on over the weekend???
Hi im 6 days late for my perido im feeling sick and having belly cramp i have took 2 test and the came out negative shall i wait till nxt friday coming and c if i am because my hcg myt not be high? or shall i make a doc appointment??
Do u think im pregnant?
I am in the same boat (kind of) I just quit breastfeeding my baby a month ago (she was 7 in a half months)  and at the same time I got my first period.  I am and have never been on bc.  I am having pregnancy symptoms(tired, hungry, and i've been cramping for a whole week every day! )  but I took a test 2 days ago and it was neg.  My hubby and I are wanting another baby, but I just dont know if its normal to have longer cycles after bf.  I could be 4 to 7 days late. Could it have been too early last time I took the test? could I still be pg? Also when I did take it it was in the afternoon and I drank water right before. Next time I take it It will be first morning.  
so when do u think ii shou;ld take my nxt test because the pain in my belly are getting a little worst?
i have also been hungry eating more than normal i havnt even had a perido 2day im 7 days late shall i wait 4 the friday coming so my hcg is higher been getting more belly cramp there more painful 2day ??
I am about 4 or 5 days late at the moment, and have been quite concerned of pregnancy, I've been having "symptoms" such as unusuall moodiness (im usually very happy and generally a nice person), loss of sleep, restless, and slightly pained legs, tiredness..ALL DAY, shortness of breath, and of course a late period. My friends who have had kids told me that i'ts a high possibility, and would fit perfectly with my "symptoms", what do ya think??
oh and my last period was really..really, extremely light, almost less then spotting, and i wouldnt quite call them cramps but i have been feeling foreign sensations...hmmm.could it be baby or could it be an irregular period? though, i usually have pretty regualr cycles, i was on bc at one point but i hated the way it messed with my body so i havent been on any bc for some time...hmmmm
Yes .. take the test already instead of asking - you will feel much better knowing one way or another.  Best of luck to you :-)
i think i might be pregnant but im not sure. my period is only 3 almost for days late but i have NEVER been more than 1 day late. also for about the last 3 days i have had stomach cramps and constipation... should i just wait it out since its only been 3 days?
My period is six days late I'm feeling severe abdominal pain, I've taken two pregnancy test and they came out negative. Must I  wait some more or go see a doctor.
you should go see a doctor cuz i was only four days late with the same bad cramps and i found out i was pregnant.. it sounds like you are too
im almost 21, my bfs 24 been together 10 months. my period has always came on the 17th of the month. but im 2 days late, mild heart burn, slight nausea, always tired, back pains, headaches, always hungry even after i eat, my tummy feels a lil bloated, slight tummy pains. i took a test a week b4 missed period, 2 days b4, the day of, and 2 days after all have been negative. but i feel different. what should i do. am i pregnate?
My period is 10 days late today. On my sixth day late I look a test, and it came up negative. I usually get my period every 31 days. I'm really worried that I may be pregnant, although I have no symptoms, is it still possible and should I take another test? or go see a doctor?
My cycle is  30-33 days, and today it is day 37, i am about week late for my pd. Mid cycle i started having mild cramps and a couple drops of bleeding that lasted for 2 days,(but that was mid-cycle) the cramps continuing at same level though. And i have been nouseous a little. Other then that not much pms symptom which i usually get about a week before my pd. Took pregnancy test 2 days ago, came up neg.  Don't know if i just skipped my pd this time, or am i pregnant.  mild pms symptoms, just very mild cramp, a little nausea and moodiness... no painfully sore breasts like i usually get with my pms......
I had sex last week and may be pregnant.. A week before I had severe ovary pain on one side, which i usually have when Im ovulating.  I had sex  5 days later without a condom, and am 2 days late for my period..  How long do you think I should wait before I take a test?  Am I pregnant?
i havent got my period this month and i usually get it a day or two after i have sex but its been 2weeks since i had sex and i have no siqn of my period do u think im pregnant?
i have had light period for the last 2 months headaches lower back pain abdominal pain swollen and painfull breast im tired took a pregnancy test and it reads negitive what can i do again
It looks like there are a few of us on the same boat!

I went to see my GP today after 4 neg tests, and by my calculations being 12 days late - even if my period was a bit late I would still be at least a week late!

early last week i had cramps I thought it was my period starting but nothing, then this week I have really sore boobs (I never get sore boobs!) For the past 2 days I have also had a small amount of brown/pink discharge - sorry if too much info. Ive been getting a few headaches but nothing serious and feel so tired which isnt unusual!

When I went to my GP he said that Im either in the early signs of pregnancy or Ive just missed a period, Ive had my period since I was 11 and apart from maybe at the start Ive never missed a period even when coming off the pill. So my GP has recommended that I wait another week or 10 days and test again he said that eventually either ill get a BFP or my period will come.

Has anyone got anymore info on their situation? x
Hi. I am new at this sort of thing: should I take a pregnancy test if I am only 1 day late? I am nervous about it, obviously, and just wanting a little reassurance that I can take the test and get accurate results if I have just missed one day of my period. Please respond, thanks so much!
So Me and My boyfriend had sex Last week and Each time he nuted in me 4 times.I was supposed too start My period on March 20th But it never came So he came inside me agian...And Today is the 22nd and i still havent got my period could i be pregnant?
i was supost to come on my periods yesturday 24th ov march 10 and i havnt ive had pregnancy signs for 2 days now. Feeling dizzy going to the toilet more often craving for food and lower back pain. ive done a test and its came bk negative. Im confused and dont no wat 2 do next as im late by 1 day and got symtoms (symptoms) when should i take a test again ???
hello...I have a son that is 1 1/2...not sure if i am ready for another child yet...I am suppose to be getting married in August...but I have one problem my doctors switch my birth control about 2 months ago and now I am 6 days late for my peroid. I dont feel like i have any kind of cramps or anything...I just started back to work from being laied off for 5 months and we are on a major time crunch...do you think i could be pregnant or do you think it is just from stress?
my period is about 5days late i took a test it said negative but i am cramping and my brest hurt what should i do
I haven't gotten my period since feb
28th normally last 3 to 4 days n its
light but it was really heavy n bad
painful cramps. A week after I was
Bleeding really light n some cramps.
My period is still late what could itbe
i am 5 days late and i wanna be but i am scared what 2 do can someonne tell me please
Hello everyone, I have missed my period by 3 or 4 days now. My cycle is normally 28 days. Today is the 34 day. My symptoms are bloated, weird discharge, sore breasts, and extremly tired. I have taken about 5 pregnancy tests. What should I do?
HI ladies
Seems like we are alot on the same boat as most have said

I always have my period on the 10th of the month and never miss them,, well now its the 25th of the month and yet to see a sign of my period so 3 days ago I took a test and it came back Neg.. i have been feeling off, headaches, sleeping a lot and feeling nausea so that said, should I wait a little more? I have a son thats almost 5 and you would think I would remember or know the feeling of how you feel if your prego but alot of mothers have also said with their 2nd, 3rd + that they didnt notice signs
I am new to this country (Asia) and dont really have a Doc lined up.. Gosh I miss home (US) so I was just wondering should I test today or wait a little more? And if you live in Asia what are the best prego tests cause I couldnt find EPT which is the best IMO

Thanks and Good luck to all :)
my last period was on 25th march and this month my period didnt cme yet.but im having belly cramp as usual.i feel that i may get down anytime.but it doesnt happen till date.i have no other symptoms of pregnancy other than this.please guide should i go for a pregnancy test now or should i wait for sme more time.and also which test should i go for.
thanks!!!!!!and gud luck to all of u
hello i am the fist time i come on here i should come on preid ever 4 week's and all now i have not come on i dont no what to do cous i took a test and it come back neqtiv 2 tme i woul like to no how long dose it take to show that you are i do want a baby 4 a long time i was trying be4 but it never happend and now i feel some think funny with me latey and i just feel that i want to go to sleep and be sick sometime's
most test come up neg if taken to soon or at the wrong time of day. it is best to take it first thing in the morning. if you take it later ion the day after drinking fluids it will dilute your urin and most likely show negative. remember everyday the hcg levels grow so giving it some time will help im only 3 days late tried to test early got neg but still no period and alot of symptoms like when i had my son and it two weeks late to get a pos with him
Hi, good afternoon to you all. It has been 10 days since my last period and i am wondering if i am pregnant. I dnt knw whn shud i take a pregnancy test. I was feeling dizzy n slightly nauseated, but no voimiting as of yet n i am feeling so hungry. My stomach is feeling so bloated at first i thought i was having gas trouble. I am not feeling very tired, but i do sleep really well. Does any of this mean that i can be pregnant.
Well I had my period on Feb 25. Then I missed the whole month of March, which I always have a period once a month. Took a test, came out neg. And then April 13th I had my period a suvere cramps. I have been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend sence Febuary. I am actually trying for a bby, && I may actually be pregnant, but give me till the end of the month & ill let you all know =))))
hi could anyone help me iv been trying for a baby, iv got to kids but they wasnt planed, im one day late for my period and have had sore breasts for over a week now, but i all ways do a week before i come on and i keep going to the loo alot more, and feeling sleepy all the time, i come on every 28 days but i have come on late before, could anyone tell me what the longest time u can go with out having a period
i am 9 days late. i was supposed to start on the th of may, and here it is the 13th of may. i have an irregular period, but sense jan ive been starting every 28 days. ive been through 2 misscarages and am scared. should i wait till the "2 week" timing gets here or should i go ahead and test?
Hi Guys,

So i ee everyone was late and had negative test, so was anyone pregnant on the end and how long did they wait to get the positive result and by what means.

Look forward to everyones reply!

Jess xx  
I am always right on time with my period. My husband & I have Bern trying to I'm not on BC. I had a little spotting on my due date, but it went away & now I'm 3 days late. Took a pg test this am that came back negative. So confused...
esa
im 2 days late, but ive had cramps for about a week. i never experienced cramping with my 1st pregnancy, so this is worrying me. ive been severly ill and have had horrible headaches. altho i have yet to take a test, i think i know the answer. its just the days of cramping that scares the heck out of me.
My period ended 5 days ago.. I am on the pill but honestly in the past month or so I have been really bad with taking it..before during and after my period me and my bf had unprotected sex.. Since my period ended I have felt sick to my stomach I haven't thrown up but I have been going to the bathroom bad a lot which o usually never throw up so I'm kinda not surprised by that.. But I have been under a lot of emotional stress.. I took a test today and it came back negative but I. Also not expecting my period for 2 1/2 weeks..should I retest again and when will it be more accurate?
im only sixteen & i had unprotected sex wl my boyfriend last sunday (5-28) so its been about a week and 2 days but i was too anxious so i took a test 3 or 4 days after & got a neg . & now im 5 days late on my period but i have bad headachs i eat like crazy all of a sudden i use the b.r 24/7 but only urinate a little & its clear plus i sleep in almost all of my classes & than again at night & have bad pains in my stomach & bloated , just got over bad gas 2 days ago & now i have cramp pains sometimes out of no where. could i be pregnant & how long should i wait to take the second test ?
   I am a week and 3 days late. This is the most I've been late nd after my fifth day late i took 2 pg test nd both were negative. I have alot of cramps but no period. could I be pg??
Hi, im also in the same boat. I assume acording to my calculations i should have ovulated 18 days ago, im usually regular between 26-28 day cycles but am now atleast 5 days late. This month i had no pms at all ( usually im a nasty cow, tearful, sore breast/ nipples, bloated etc) but iv not had any of these.
Just before AF was due i was suspended from work although this hasnt stressed me out or made me worried.
Iv stayed at my partners the last few days and noticed iv been feeling faint, especially if im standing for a while, light headed, and nausias. Although im not sure if these symptoms were in my head due to convincing myself i was PG.
I went the walk in centre in the early evening today and the result came bk NEG, although the nurse said my HcG levels could be watered down with it being so late in the day. I havnt told my partner im late or have done a test as not to worry him, until i know for sure.
Im going to do a test first thing in the morning and see then. What is the poss of me being PG though?
And if im PG should i have sore breasts and a feeling in my tummy? I know everyones different like........
3 hpt this morning all came bk negative!
But i just 'feel' pregnant, maybe as i read more and more symptoms, my mind is making me feel like im having these symptoms?!???!
Its all soo confusing. Maybe do another hpt nxt week ( although im sure my HcG levels should be high enough for pg detection considering im 6 days late?!?!????) and then wait to see if AF turns up nxt month
hi, i usually get my period around the 8th of the month (i've always been a little irregular, but it usually comes within 3 days of that date). its now the 14th and still no period. i had a regular period last month ending on the 13th. how long should i wait to take a pregnancy test? i just got over having a nasty cold that lasted almost 2 weeks (runny nose, sore throat, congestion). could that be why i havent gotten my period yet? i dont want to take a test too soon and have it come back negative when i really am pregnant. so when is the best time to take one? please help!
hello i am 15 years old and recently just had sex with my boyfriend, i was scared i have gotten pregnant so i went and bought the clear blue pregnancy test , i was just wondering how long you have to wait to use to test. How long after you have had your period can you use it ?
Hello all,

AF is over a week late. I have been experiencing heart burn, nausea, dizziness, VERY sore, tender, heavy breasts, very mild cramping, Ive been very thirsty, tired, and today I had a tiny bit of brown discharge. The problem is, Ive taken three tests and they all came back negative. I would love to know whats going on. If any has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

best of luck to all.
8 days late, no sign of AF, i had cramp when i woke up, but that was gone within 10 mins i thought ok.. So ran to the bathroom and nothing!
Went and done another test and still BFN!!
I was never TTC and when i realised i was late i was so scared! I cried, panicked and thought s**t.... But then i started to come around to the idea, and realised it wouldnt be the end of the world, i really started wanting to be pregnant.
All these negatives are sooo heartbreaking. I know i havnt lost a baby, but to some extent it kind of feels like that. Now i actully want us to TTC! Dunno how my partner is gonna feel about that...
Never lose hope and baby dust to all!!! Xxx

I had a positive OPT on day 17 and I am expecting my period tomorrow.  I had a chemical pregnancy last month, which is definitely a down fall of testing early.

I swore I wouldn't test early this month, but I did- it was negative.  I plan on testing in the morning if I don't get my period by then.  The anxiety of that will make tonight's sleep interesting...lol.

Thank you to all of you for posting your stories and questions.  Reading them has been really helpful over the last few months.  I am 30 and have been married for 3 years.  We decided to start trying 2 months ago and I am surprised to realize that getting pregnant quickly became an "obsession".  I am doing my best to fill my time with activities and to relax and try not to think about it too much.

Well, wish me luck tomorrow.  Let me know if you have had success or not the day before your missed period (I only realized after researching tonight that it is best to test the day after your period is due not the day of, but oh well).

I'm 26 and my husband and I have been trying to conceive. I got my period 6 days early, but it is ridiculously light, because I am new to this whole thing I am wondering if it could be implantation bleeding or what's up? any suggestions would be great! Thanks

Also I was on antibiotics this past week for an ear infection, and came off the pill 2 months ago!
hi my name is kiara and im 10 days late on my period i went to the docter yesterday they gave me a test and it came back negatuive from the last few weeeks i been cramping under my stomach.i been throwing up.tired and very neasua from the last pass weeks and im just wondering what should i do should i wait until the end of the month to get another pregnancy test cuz the dr.told me to come back in two weeks im not understanding this could any one help me.
I'm only 12 years old (I've never had sex) But I miss my period like 5 days late and I'm so scared I tend to worry a lot and get all this paranoia to get in my head, and I've always had my period during the end of the month not always the same day but around this time. does anyone know why I'm having this problem or could help me
im 6 days late which nt really usual to me but i consider some cycle changes anyway i did try to use a preganancy test it went psitve....
am i pregnant now????? shud i use my pt to make sure??
My period isn't due until tomorrow/Sunday but have had sore boobs for 2 weeks, some light spotting for the last 3/4 days, really moody swingy, totally normal than for AF.

I've done a test this morning as I'm absolutely sure I'm pregnant, but it came up negative. Am I testing too soon?
I'm 33 days late in my cycle. Last month i had the light spotting, but it last for just that one day. But it just last for that day and I have seen it no more and this is July.
hi im 3 weeks late for my period and have been trying to get pregnant for the last 2 1/2 ears with no luck at all, me and my boyfriend have been together 5 years and never used protection and not once has anything happened, i took a test 2 weeks ago and it was negative i dont feel any different within myself except from being a little more tired then normal. ive been to the doctors before for tests to see why i havent been getting pregnant and they said i have polycystic ovarian syndrome, which will make it harder for me to concieve (conceive), so i am wondering do i wait til my next period would be due which is next week or do i take another test now? i know i will be sad if it is negative   but im unsure weather to take another test or wait? any advice is appreciated thanks x
ok i read these post and i have some answers for you.

there are test out there that can tell you 5 days sooner so if you think your pregnant because your late then take a test. even if you think you are just take one so you know if you are or not so you are not sitting around wondering. if you are not sure because the test come out negative or what ever your problem is then just call your doctor and tell him/her what going on..

There is such thing as a false pregnancy people. you want to be pregnant so badly you unknowingly make your body show signs of being pregnant. Even stress can stop your period or cause signs of pregnancy this is why i say take a test and call your doctor.

Even if a man does not nut inside you, you can still become pregnant because when you two are having sex he releases pre-nut he does not know when it happends but it happens and it contains sperm.

There are cases of woman getting pregnant and still having there period or even just spot. if your pregnant and you start to bleed call your doctor. if its just spotting its happends here and there but if you start bleeding hard out of no where then go to the closest hospital near you as soon as you can.

Yes, woman breast do get tender when they are pregnant its very common.

to the 12 year old you cant get pregnant if you have not had sex.

the thing about ovulation cyclical is that everyone is different. they say that its suppose to be day 6-10 days after you first period or whatever is you know but everyone body is different what you want to do is look at your cervical fluid. cervical fluid changes thought out your cycle, it increases in quantity and becoming more like egg white as you get closer to ovulation when its egg white your most fertile. how you know its like egg-white. it will resemble semen and has a lot to of the same physical properties to allow the sperm to travel and be nourished. you should be able to stretch it between your thumb and index finger.

when you are close to ovulating have sex every other day, having sex every day lower the male sperm count let him rest then the next day have sex. after that you can have sex a much or as less as you want.
ok i read these post and i have some anwsers for you.

i have been charting my ovulation and cervical mucus  using that to not get pg. and for some resend  i had a + hpt but it was one that was for 5 days sooner i took it because i was 2days late  but then i took a reg. test and it showed up neg. dose any one have answer o and there has been studdy that you can ovlate twice in on cycle
if you are trying to get pregnant and need a little help go to( fertility friend . com)
I slept with my boyfriend on July 4th. We used a condom and all. We slept togeather again the next weekand and I ended up taking the morning after pill just to be safe. I'm now three days late on my period. I'm going to give it a week. Should I try a test if I havent started in a week? Should I tell my boyfriend that I might take it or should I wait to see what happens?
hello every one my period usally starts some where from the 21st from the 24th  and me and my b/f have been trying for the past month to get preg. and now to night is the 17th and iv noticed that my boobs an nipples have been sore for the past week and  iv also have noticed that im more tierd and out of energy all the time should i wait to take a test or wait to see if i get my period in the next week or so? ~love if some one could give me a lil advice~ thanx _steph<3
Im 6 days late and a week before i was due i got period pains as usual bt they stopped after three days, and then my period never came dnt know when i should take a test , i had unprotected on the 7th bt a few times up to now also. Please help, :( x
one time i took the morning after pill .. i had the period which was brought on by the moring after pill .. 2 month later i was in a car accident .. i was bleeding hard.. went to hospital .. i found out i was pregnant and also found out i lost the baby in the accident ... the moring after pill does not always work ..
that was for goofy.. plz dont think morning after pill is 100% safe .. its only 77% they told me ..
also i have 2 children 5 and 7 is the ages ...

sinse that misscarriage a year later iv tryed for 2 years to get pregnant ..

iv never had a problem before ..

finally iv gone to the doctors ..
they have given me a smear test and after that i will go in for an ultra sould with the dye test to see if my tubes r blocked

... if uv been trying for a long time (over a year and a half)
best thing is to go to your doctor ..

see if there is an infection or blocked tubes ..
if u come back normal

the best thing after that is to see if ur partner has a good sperm count ..
because 1 of u could have a problem and the faster u find out the less weight lifted of you

but for your information a doctor wont do test till over a year and a half of trying because tryin for a baby doesnt happen over night ..

its always the way .. u want a baby it dont come .. u dont want one you get it..

good luck to all coz i know how sad it is to want a baby and not get it

and them teenagers out there trying to get pregnant .. dont rush into these things get a nice job money in the bank before u try to get pregnant and make sure the man u want to have this child with is the man for you who will be by your side no matter what !!  .. i had my first child at 16 second at 18 and i wish that i had waited.. its alot harder then u think to bring up a child they dont stay babies forever befor u kno it all u do is tidy up after them lol ..

and for those who cant have kids .. dont forget miracles DO HAPPEN x
Help please!!! I haven't had a "real" period in over 3 years. Pregnant -> nursed 12 mos -> never got period. Doctors tried Provera 2X, which didn't work, did a slew of tests, incl. MRIs. Endocrinologist briefly put me back on birth-control to "jump-start" a "fake" period which worked, but as soon as I went off the pill, no period. I took one month of the pill last month, just b/c, got a period, and now I'm (sorry for all the quotation marks), 6 days "late." (Whatever late means for somebody in my strange position.) Anyways, I'm having major prego symptoms - rage, tears, tingling nipples, exhausted by afternoon, peeing alot, deep pimples along my neck, and an insatiable appetite. 3 tests later, all negative. My husband and I do want a 2nd child, but we don't want to do fertility treatments. Is there anybody else w/ TTC#2 amenorhea (amenorrhea) similar to mine? If I go back to gyno, they're just going to recommend fertility drugs, which isn't necessarily what we want to do. I can't keep wasting $$$ on prego tests, but w/o having a period, it's hard to determine when I would ovulate, so I have no way of knowing if I could even get pregnant, let alone attempt to "try." I guess if I have to post a question-question here, it'd be "what's the longest amount of time after a missed period where a pregnancy test will be the most accurate?"
Help please!!! I haven't had a "real" period in over 3 years. Pregnant -> nursed 12 mos -> never got period. Doctors tried Provera 2X, which didn't work, did a slew of tests, incl. MRIs. Endocrinologist briefly put me back on birth-control to "jump-start" a "fake" period which worked, but as soon as I went off the pill, no period. I took one month of the pill last month, just b/c, got a period, and now I'm (sorry for all the quotation marks), 6 days "late." (Whatever late means for somebody in my strange position.) Anyways, I'm having major prego symptoms - rage, tears, tingling nipples, exhausted by afternoon, peeing alot, deep pimples along my neck, and an insatiable appetite. 3 tests later, all negative. My husband and I do want a 2nd child, but we don't want to do fertility treatments. Is there anybody else w/ TTC#2 amenorhea (amenorrhea) (amenorrhea) similar to mine? If I go back to gyno, they're just going to recommend fertility drugs, which isn't necessarily what we want to do. I can't keep wasting $$$ on prego tests, but w/o having a period, it's hard to determine when I would ovulate, so I have no way of knowing if I could even get pregnant, let alone attempt to "try." I guess if I have to post a question-question here, it'd be "what's the longest amount of time after a missed period where a pregnancy test will be the most accurate?"

Hi you can test a day after your missed period, maybe in your position with what you have try testing 10 to 12 days after and please i know its expensive but it works get clear blue digital tells you when you concieved and how far along you are and its 99% accurate do it first thing in a morning when your HCG levels are at the highest, if it comes back negative go to doctors for blood test and ask for an ultra sound, sometimes HCG levels in your urine are not strong enough and sometimes doesn't show in your blood either so if this is the case then an ultra sound would be best to confirm pregnancy as an ultra sound will not fail i would wait 2 weeks after your missed period for an ultra sound though as they can see an embryo at 6 weeks wish you the very best of luck and hope you get the results you are hopeing for x
I need help my period is 5 days late and
I took a home pregnancy test and it came bk
Negative I really don't have pregnant signss
Yet beside I'm more lazy now I get lil mild
Cramps every now and then and I had clear discharge
For one day so can anybody tell me wat should I do
im three days late on my period n took a pregnancy test n it came back negative should i wait a little longer?
I am 18 n i have NEVER missed a period since i first got it when i was 11. yes the days i would get it change but i never skipped. i am currently 5 days late n worried idk wat to think.... should i take a test or go to doc...can someone plz help me.
so im 6 almost 7 days late for my period...i have never been regular i have taken two tests and they were both negative. when ihad my daughter i didn't find out till i was 2 months along. could i be pg again?? i have the belly cramps and im always hungry along with what feels like labor pains in my back.. should i make a drs. apt or should i just ride it out and take another test in a week?
Hello I am needing help and hope someone can help I took depo provera one shot last oct 5th 2009 did not go back it caused me to gain some weight and lost my periods from nov 2009 to march 2010 then ive had a period every monh from april to aug and had no problems it came every month on time and lasted 4 or 5 days then this month i did not have a period and had some lower stomach pains been nauseated loss of sleep cranky but im am 10,days late went and had ablood test it says im not preg what could be wrong with me I am ttc and docs want me to wait till the end of the month to come back to make sure im ok but really could use some information. I have already had three boys and all where c sections. If any one coulld give me advice on what coul be wrong I would GREATLY appreciate it Thanks so much
I'm 18 years, and i am three weeks late for my peroid, im kinda tripped out to kind out if im pregnant, so if you think im so late for my peroid, do you think i might be pregnant?
wow.  Again - same things wtih me. I am very regular and track my period each month.  I know when my period should arrive.  I am hesitant to take a pregnancy test -- not out of fear of being preganant.... rather out of fear of another disappointment.
I am only 2 days late - but have had cramps like I do with my period.  They have been going on now for about a week.  I guess I should just bite the bullet and take a pregnancy test - but would a +/- sign show up only after 2 short days?  By reading all these posts -- it sounds like it.  Wish me luck! I hope this is the gift I have been waiting for!!
same thing for me i am 5 days , i'm feeling bloated, cramping, sick , i have to a pregnancy test 2 days ago came out negative i already have one child he just turned 2 i wasn't really excpecting to have another anytime soon! really worried don't know what to do i'm only 20! i have another pregnancy test but idk if i should wait it out??
hello im new to this site but i wanted someone to help me.!!
i had unprotected sex on sep.15 and i usually start my period on th 24 o 28 then ihad sex on the 29 and i took a pregnancy test on oct 2 nd it came out neg on oct 4 i had sex again and i havnt stared my period.can i be PG.?
I am 6 days late and on day 42 off my cycle I am trying for a baby I have experienced the headaches cramping but my breasts are not sore bt appear fuller?I dont kno if I am imagining the symptoms, As the absence of pain or tenderness  in breasts!?
I had a normal period the first three months of both my pregnancies! My aunt had hers the whole time she was preggers with all three of her kids! I lost my first pregnancy and my son was born july 7 2009 now we are trying again... My period is 7 days late and the first pg test I took had a really light positive line but the next 2 tests said neg so now I'm so confused! Dr said wait ANOTHER week and test again. Scary part for me is not too long ago I had surgery and lost my right fallopian tube and half of my left. The left has so much scare tissue so the dr won't guarantee that in 6 months to a year I can still naturally have kids which is why we are trying now... Ill be 21 in december
Well my period comes on tyme every month I had a period sep 2 2010 and now its october 30 and still no period I took 2 dollar store test and they came up neg what can b the problem I'm a month late?
pls someone help im so confused.
i am now 12 days late i only came of the injection a month ago but have been sexually active since with no contraception. I only have like a borwnish discharge and only had a small amount of blood not even the size of a 5 cent piece i took a 2 pregnancy test after being 6 days late it came back negative i feel bloated and i have this horrible taste in my mouth when i drink milk or some foods doesnt happen all the time. Also go to the toilet more often during the day i urinate and also poop more you guys prob didint need to know that lol but its unusual for me. and ive also had this browish discharge for prob over 4 days now barely nothing tho could i possibly be pregnant? oh and the past week i have recently got more stretch marks on my right side and on my breast im not sure if this can happen if im only 3 weeks pregnant thats if i am pregnant. could someone pls give me thier advice thanks :)
Hey everyone,

Not sure if anone can help me but i am 12 days late and i have been of the injection for a month now.
i did take a pregnancy test after 6 days of being late but it came up negative. I feel bloated when i eat some foods i get this horrible taste in my mouth and when i drink milk only sometimes though. I also have brownish discharge and a little bit of blood not even the size of a 5 cent piece and it only happened twice but the browish discharghe ive had for 4 days now. I go tot he toilet alot more too for urinate and poop more lol didint know how to put it nicely but it unusal for me i also have more stretchmarks coem up on my left side and on my breast not sure if this can happen if im only 3 weeks pregnant if i am pregnant. could i be pregnant? if so when should i do another pregnancy test? or should i go straight to the docs and get a blood test as i know ppl who have had home pregnancy test and come up negative when they have been pregnant. could someone pls give me some advice thanks :)
im six days late wat shall i do? dont no wether to wait a few more days
Hi I had sex on my fertile days and when I ovulated. In sept I spotted but not my usual pd. I'm regular 28 day and then I spotted in oct. Now its noov 3rd I'm still waiting I went to take two blood tests they were neg. I'm still waiting
Hi every1 im 4 months late but ive done about 7 tests and the all say negitive? Im very confused my boobs hurt nipples have gone bigger and ive put loadz of weight on plz help me! Kel x
I haven't had my period since oct 28 was due the 28 today is 4 still hvent had it all test say negative but I have pregnancy symptoms what should I do?
i havent had my period since september 28th which is the day that it ended. i usualy get my period 23 days after my last period which would mean that i was supposed to get it on october 21st. it is now nov. 5th, about 2 weeks late and still no sign of it coming. i took a pregnancy test today and it said negitive. idk what to do.  
I am over 2 wks late. Ive taken two test the day after, and the week after I knew I was late. I also went and took a urine test at the doctors also negitive. I have no more stress than normal, I have not been sick, my weight has been normal. My breasts do hurt, I pee more frequently, head aches. yes, and Im constently tired. My back is always hurting.! What do I do now, wait ? Im am always on time, within a day or so. I have been pregnant before I was only a few days late and  the test was postivie, I did have a miscarriage. So I am very nervous. Help ?.
Hi!

My last period was on october 17 I have my calender with which day is my "most fertil day -> 14 " and I have suppost my counts almost 4 days tomorrow and I have felt tired and eating little more than I use but I took today a test came out negative. Am I pregnant?

Any advice is worthy and thank you so much in advance :)

P.S. yes I have unprotected sex twice.
I have a 1 year old child and I'm 6 days late and I took 2 prg test and they came out negative and Im hoping I'm not pregnant can somebody help me.

I am 9 days late for my period, which never ever happens.... I have taken four test this week and they all say negative but this is not very comforting due to the fact that I have cramps in my stomach that are not familiar, I am nausious all the time, my breasts are beyone soar,  I'm so tired, and just don't feel like myself.  I am trying to see a doctor but I just moved to a new state and am having a hard time finding one.  I was basically just wondering has anyone out there had so many test come out negative and then turn out pregnant??  I hope NOT, I am getting married in three months and this would just not be the right time for me, anyways anything anyone has to share would be helpful.  Thank you
hello all...
i am trying for pregnancy from feb'10. seen the doc also
i had missed my peroids for 2 months in beween from may to aug. dc gave me the medcene and my periods came on time till nov. my last periods ws on nov 4. this month i have missed my periods from 4 days. i feel tired ad hungry. i have taen a preg test also today bat came out neg wat shud i do. can any 1 suggest some thng.. am i pregnant...
pls.. if somebody can explain m 33wks n 4 days pregnant now... i wanna clarify somethings... i m working outside  my country and my husband n i havent been getting along well. in fact i want separation..i  been seeing a guy n we been having sex since then. my question is i went back home in april 30 for vacation had my period then... (1 month vacation) while i was on vacation husband n i had sex but its not like he come inside me coz he put it inside 2x then after our son suddenly knock on the door. so we instantly stop. after that nothing happen. arrive in canada on may 1st once i landed there..my boyfrend and i engaged in sex none stop .. even i did have my period that day n afterwards.i cant remember when i period stop. then at the end of may my perod period did not come so i was worried and was thinking only its delayed.. then after that went to see doc. doc telling m 6 weeks pregnant now m confused whose the dad?
can anyone help. please!!!!
so u and husband had sex but you said he only went in a couple times, but then this guy u said you and yur bf engaged in sex nonstop so it could be either 1, but its more likely that the father will b yur bf coz yur husband only went in 2x. :P <3
Ok so i have a 2 year old and since ive had him ive been on the birth control pill...recently my insurance stopped paying for the pill i was on for years so my obgyn has put me on something new.  this month i had spotted 2 weeks after starting this new bc pack and then i missed some pills and on the 4th week when i should have gotten my period it never came.  Im supposed to start a new pack today but im not sure if i could be pregnant.  I felt like i was going to get my cycle too. moody, bloated, breast tenderness, and very tired but it never came. I took 2 test this past week (when i should have already had my period) and they both were negative. Does anyone think i could still be pregnant? HELP! thanks
ok im 21 years old. well i havent had my period all month this month of december. my nana passed away december 5th. but i also had sex 2 weeks ago. i have taken 2 tests abd both negative. im taking one today... im kinda nervous because this wasnt planned if is turns out im pregnant. Can the loss of my nana trigger my period to just not come this month? Do you have to go to sleep b4 you test that morning. Bc i cant sleep and my mom was telling me you had to sleep. lol idk i am kinda desperate and need help. im scared because i wasnt ready for all this. I was going to take the test at 5am but it is already 1:44am and i cant sleep. im new at this... i havent had a scare b4. my boobs are very sore, it started out as my nipples than my whole boob but i never got me period and that usually happens a day b4 and it never came and they have been sore for like a week and a half. i have been really tired lately and thats all. can someone help me pleasee. thank you.
Hey yall...alot of yall r asking a website if ur pregnant...go to the dollar store and get a pregnancy test it should have a 25 miu/l sensitivity its on the box and that detects if there is a pregnancy hormone in your body. Start with that first. I tested positive 3 days ago :D the day I was supposed to start my period and I been having cramps like im bout to come on but havnt yet. In a few days ima take another and if its positive again
..im headn to the doctor lol took should do the same. Also i read somewhere that if you have all these pregnancy like pains all ur tests come back negative(until later)-but u really r pregnant-that it means your having a boy. lol. If thats tru thsts crazy but aint that jus like a man tho to confuse the crap outta you? Lol somethin to think about. But if its tru that means im havin a girl, cuz ive jus been havin minor cramps now. And tender breasts w a positive pregnancy test the DAY of my missed period. But we ll c wat happens :) my bf really wants a girl anyways personally I dont care wat it is ima love it,anyway. Good luck to everyone :)
Ive read somewhere that stress can delay ur period. Then ive read the sensitivity of ur pregnancy test can give u a false negative as well. But ive read that theres never a false positive test unless ur takin a certain type of medication. I say take the test u get from the dollar store too n c wat happens. Cuz my situation is similiar to urs..i had sex two weeks ago too actually on dec 18..but we are two different people ya kno. N if ur still not sure, jus go to ur doctor sweety. If u dont have a doctor jus go to a free clinic. ;)
Hi I really need some help here peeps, I really dont know what is going off with my body but I had the implant removes on the 6th October 2010 as myself and my partner want a baby, I had my first cycel on the 5th November and am normaly every 28 days so that worked out to be due for my next cycle on the 3rd December but I started early on the 30th November which should work out that I was due next on the 28th of December and today is the 4th of jan 2011 which now makes me a week late have taken a test but it has come back negative that left me feeling really disheartened what do i do?!? should I go and see my GP?!?
Thanks shan :)
If u had ur period ur prolly not pregnant. Its possible to have your period  a couple days early.if your still not sure there is nothing wrong with checking with your doctor
your period may just be late chick but ive just had 2 months of neg tests now n no period now docs sendin me for a scan cos they think i cud be around 10wks xx shan xx
Hey guy well now I am very confused funnily enough this morning I started my period, but now it's evening and there is nothing there again so if it still remain's the same by tomorrow I am going to contact my GP see if they can try and explain what is happeing with my body thanks for your imput guy's x
can i just add to that, that I have has very strange sign's - weeing every 2-3hrs yet I normal can go upto 6hrs without needing to urinate, butterfly flutter's in my tummy, light headedness, naurea after eating, hot flushes that is also what made me take a test but it come back negative this is why I am so confussed x
Hi guys, hope you dont mind me adding to everyone elses post's but i need some advice too, my last period was 30th November 2010, i cant remember if it was December but i had a short 3 day cycle on the 15th, when normally its on the 30th of every month. my boyfriends home every 4 weeks from the RAF and he came back over christmas (17th-3rd) and on the 27th i had brown/pink spotting, small drop of blood one day, but nothing really.
I have increased bust size, blue veins, bloated, wind, tired, dizzy, mild headaches, dull cramps in my tummy. i took a test on the 30th and 4th, both negative, do you think i could be pregnant? when do you reccommend i test again?
Same thing is happening to me, im nearly two weeks late, my last period was 30th Nov, iv been feeling sick and having small belly cramps. should i do a test now???
you should be able to take the test the day after you have missed your period, the only down side to taking a test right after is you could get a false negative, with my second son, i missed my period and one week after I took 4 pregnancy test they all came back negative, i waited another week or so and it finally came out positive, the only way to be 100% is go to a clinic and get a blood drawn test. point being i would take one and see what it says if it does come back negative then i would wait a week or so and take another one.
Im a 16 year old so i dont know much about this stuff. But im currently 4 days late, my pierod is supposed to start on the 10th. I went to the obgyn this month on the 5th for a regular checkup and my boyfriend of over a year was relieved to find out i wasnt pregnant. but we've had sex since then, i dont know if im just being paranoid or if you really could get pregnant that close to your pierod. all my friends are telling me to get a test but my mom doesnt give me cash just a debit card which she monitors my purchases, she knows im sexually active but that would be too much. and my boyfriend would just freak out and ask me to get an aborition just upon me asking for a test, and for every curious mind, even though im 16. i would never get an abortion. please some older wiser ladies. give me some much needed advice.
Thank you so much for your help :) i did a test and it came back positive on my first go :) Thanks for you advice
so doller store test work so if Im 3 days late could I be prego
hi im 18 years old and 5 days 'late' although im always regular, ive been going to the toilet a lot more during the day and have been in a terrible mood for the past 3-4 days. i have been off contraception since oct 2010. the only thing is i was ill in hospital over xmas with tonsilitis and was taking anti-biotics and was given 1 dose of morphine. could this be why i havent had my period yet or could i be pregnant??????
I have a weird question. I used to have irregular cycles, then after I had my son, I now have regular cycles. My husband and I had unprotected sex on January 9th and I had slight pink/brown spotting that didn't even reach my panties, only showed when I wiped, and I got that spotting 3 days after sex on and off for 3 days. My period should have been here on the 20th of January and it is now January 25th. My period is 5 days late. I tested on the 21st, 1 day late and it was BFN. Should I wait a few more days to text again? This is the first time since I was pregnant with my first that my period has been this late..any ideas or similar stories? I have had slight cramping, slight nausea on and off and my breasts don't hurt too bad but they are definitely slightly sensitive.. Thanks again in advance..
-Anne
Hey iam 9 days late on my period and the doc told me to wait another week to test what should I do
Hey ladies,,,,,this is my first time posting,,,,I have been experiencing some things...I am irregular n skipps my periods all the time. I wouls skipp a month n come on the next,,,,but if I skipp two months then I knows its nothing but a bundle of joy!! Any other time that I'm irregular,,,,I'm fine but this time I am experience symptoms also. Its confusing. I have been nausea off n on,,,feel heavy at the bottom, hunger pains all the time,,,even waking me up out of my sleep!! I would eat and experience hunger pains or feel sick after I eat...I urinate a lot, and when I'm tired boy u would think that I woke 5jobs...lol and I would fall asleep wuick and be so drains, I have been emotional (crying) my nipples are sore and I have lost of appetite...this is really weird. My bby is 8..I forgot how it feels to be prego...lol long story short I haven't took a test yet because I don't wanna get disappointed!! :( ant help ladies about what I'm goin thru?? Thanks!!
me and my boyfriend had sex but we didn't use cumbon but he didn't *** but my period is so up and down one month it early and the next it late I taken 3 most $$ pregants test all come out negative
Hey Ladies,

This is my first time posting. I have been trying to concieve (conceive) for the past year. My periods are always on time and have never been late.I am now 4 days late, but have been cramping as though my period should be coming any sec. I have been tired lately and awfully hungry, but when I took a test it was negative. Its very frustrating with no period and a negative test. And I took one of the 1st response that is suppose to tell you 5 days sooner.How long should you wait to test after a missed period? or before you go to get a blood test?
Hi there! My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a few months now.  My periods are pretty irregular.  InDecember my cycle was 28 days long, in January it was 33 and now in February it is Day 38 and still haven't started.  Two days ago when I wiped after using the restroom, there was small spotting....I've been tired alot here lately and my breasts are very tender and are swollen.  
I have been sick (with sinus problems) this month also around the time I was supposed to ovulate.  Not sure if I am pregnant...Have been reading up  on articles on symptoms and just really haven't been having alot of the symptoms that were listed on there.  

Just wondering if anyone out there has experienced the same type of symptoms.....and were pregnant.  
okay, sooo im only 17, me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on the 14th of February. which was 15 days after my period.. i was supposed to start my period yesterday (Feb.27th) but a few days ago, i got discharge that was pink and sometimes brown. it lasted for a couple days. i took a pregnancy test(clear blue digital) 9 days after i had sex. it was negative(thank gosh lol). i wanna know why i havent started my period yet. please message me and tell me what you think is wrong !!! thank you, bye
buy something at a store with your debit card that your mom would expect you to buy then return it without a receipt and get a gift card then there will be no way to track it :)
the last comment I posted was for babygirl 2421
i am 19 years old and i am in college,,, me and my bf have been together for 6 years now and im on this birth control where i start every 3 months and i ahve never been a day late and i dont mess up my pills. it has only been a day but i have not started yet and im worried... i have been having minor headaches back aches and have felt tired, i have also had cramps but i havent even started yet. and i had a pinkish discharge a couple of days ago and am really hot a lot of the times and that is not normal for me...?
help?
The last time I got my period was january 30th just days after i had sex I have not getten it since than. I took a pregnancy test and it came up negitive and I still have not getten my period...I guess that my question is can I be pregnant if I got my period just one day after having sex? x
Hey Everyone. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 3 years. My periods have NEVER been regular, but I've never been more than 5-6 days late. I've taken 2 HPT, on day 4 and then 7 of being late but both were NEG. I haven't really had any symptoms of PG or AF, other than maybe some mood swings, being crazy tired (by 7pm I'm ready for bed, even if I've done NOTHING all day) and some annoying headaches (which are not common for me). I would LOVE to be pregnant, but I have lost most hope after so much time trying! I wish I would just start or get a + result! Do you think I should call my doc?
Hi! New to this site. My last period was 2/16 I had some spotting about ten days later. I took a test on 3/05 and got a positive. I am so happy because me and my hubby has been trying for about 3 yrs. This is my 3rd pregnancy and the last 2 ended bad! Could I really be pregnant? Does anyone have any inside?
When should I take a pregnancy test? My last preiod (period) was 2/22/11 should I take the text tomorrow
Hi, My period was due on the 27th and i havent got it yet, it is now the 30th which makes me 3 days late. I have already got a 2 yr old and i was really tired and always hungry with her, but this time i have sore boobs, im tired and have really bad heart burn. im not really sure if it is too early to take a test yet or not.
hey everyone, i have a 2 year old daughter, and my last period was feb 15th 2011, and its now march 30th. i took 2 pregnancy tests last week and both negative, it feels like my period should have came for a week now already with slight cramping, but nothing. my period comes every 28 days and lasts for 5 days. im gettin concered, do you think i should do another test if i dont get it by tomorrow morning?
I had sex on the 18th and 21st, right around the time my period was supposed to start. its now the 31st and i still haven't started my period. when should i take a pregnancy test? help!
well everyone, just so u kno i just took at test this morning after missing my period by 3 days and IM PREGNANT!!!!!!! =D
MY LMP WAS ON FEB 26TH, I OVULATED MARCH 11-16, SO ME AND MY FIANCE, HAD SEX. EVERYDAY LOL.. YES WE R TTC. ON MARCH 19 I STARTED BLEEDING WHICH WAS 8 DAYS BEFORE MY PERIOD WAS DUE, THE FIRST DAY It WAS VERY LIGHT SPOTTING, THE NXT DAY IT STOPPED, THE 3RD DAY IT BECAME HEAVY AND HAD ONE BIG CLOT, TMI..I KNO THE 4TH DAY IT WAS MED TO LIGHT, AND THAN STOPPED. I TOOK A TEST, WITH A DOLLAR STORE TEST, THE DAY BEFORE MY MISSED PERIOD, IT WAS BFN, I TOOK ANOTHER TEST THE DAY OF EXPECTED PERIOD BFN, AND A DAY AFTER BFN, IM NOW 5 DAYS LATE AND IM TIRED, MY HANDS, FACE, LEGS, EVERYWHERE FEEL SWOLLEN. I WANT THIS SO BAD, TO BE PREGNANT. MY LEGS AND HANDS KEEP FALLING ASLEEP ASWELL MY BOOBS ITS HARD TO TELL BCUZ THEY BECOME SORE BUT ITS OFF N ON, SO I DNT KNOW IF ITS ME PLAYING TRICKS WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK, I MIGHT GO TO A CLINIC TODAY AND SEE.I WANTED UR COMMENTS FIRST.
@butterflygurl777 Do you know how long ur periods are? When was ur last menstrual cycle? Stress could be playing a role in making ur period late. If you don't start in a week you should take a pg test.right now I'm 6-7days late and I'm getting bfns I have to wait a week or two and test again if my period doesn't come... so take a deep breath and relax distract urself and some back to it in a week if nothing happens hope u get answers soon!!!!! Good luck!
@katyandjas congrats!!!!!!!when r u due?
@prettymom3 we're on the exact same schedule! But it sounds like ur period came 8 days early :-( I think ur dr will say the same thing....I've been ttc for a long time now and this month af is not showing up but I'm getting bfns so I'm getting bummed....its possible your having ciculation issues if everything is falling asleep.. drink lots of water and if your still having parts fall asleep talk to your doctor...wish there was an easy way to see if we were preggo
Hi i really need help.. i am 5 days late of my period... and my bf and i had sex so many times last month,, i suppose to had gotten my period march 28 but i didnt.. i took a pregnancy test yesterday and it came out negative... but i being feeling some pregnancy symptoms..
please help me!
@SEATTLITE11 alot of people are telling me that it couldve been implantation bleeding. since it was 8 dpo. i have three girls already (a set of twins who are 5 now, and a 3 year old) with my twins i knew right away, i didnt even test at home. with my 3 yr old i waited till i was 6 weeks and it was positive. so im going to wait another week. i have all symtoms (symptoms) of pregnancy and no af. taking my prenatal's and crossing my fingers and toes lol.. what about you have you tested?? dnt feel bummed. hopes and wishes baby dust to you keep me updated, ive been doing a pregnancy tracker check it out.
last time my period was one which was (february 22 2011) it lasted for 6 days it have never last det long no cramps just heavy... it is now april 4th 2011 and my period is 2 weeks and one day late can i be pregnant? i took a test it was negative... but i have symptoms like headaches, back pains, nipples tingles and kinda hurt, eat alot.. and im super bloated..!!! HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!
Congrats KateyandJas, thanks for the update.
My last proper period was 28th of Jan. Feb 7th and March 7th I had one of those light periods which basically was not enough to fill a panty liner and I only saw brown skin type when I wiped.
I was due Monday 4th. I have had period cramps every morning till Thursday morning and usually I would get my period soon as I got up. This morning though the cramps have stopped.
Not feeling much symptoms this week but over the past 2 weeks I have been bloated looking almost 3 months pregnant, broken out in spots on one side of face when usually I would get one or two and I had sore nipples which were proper achy to the touch but that only lasted a week.
So period pains came this Monday thinking I would get period but nothing so far. I done a test few days ago, negs but may have been too early. I do get on and off burning sensation in nipples also. I have also noticed a few red pimples that came up on my arm this week,
Confused: I will wait a week or so and re-test, keep you updated.
I had my period March 3, i have been trying to get pregnant so we had sex pretty much 3 to 4 times a week periodically like every other day or so. basically alot in one month im pretty sure my periods are about 32 -34 day cycles but im not sure because i have never really kept track until now.. if im guessing right then im quite a bit late its the 8th and i should have started about the 5th, also judgeing by last time my friend had her period i started about three days before she got off and she got off on the 5th april and im still late. i tested 6 days before the 3 of april and got a negative but it totally depends on the person.. so i dont know should i test again or wait a little bit longer... to make sure im late?
Well today is the 11th I eventually came on my period with more cramps, they came again-
Booo bloody Boo- So wanted to be pregnant!
Well I guess I have to wait another Month, all the symptoms are so so similar to pregnancy and I have been pregnant before so I know- Womens hormones LOL
help im 16 and really confused the last thing i want is to be pregnant but i have even had sex yet but have missed my period which are usually regular and have all the symptoms of a pregnancy but i read on the internet can you can acctually get pregnant with out acctually being penetrated and by (it sound gross) but by the man having *** on his hands and then fingering you . do you think its possible or am i just being parranoyed.
well hey i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend in the beggining of march and i was suppose to come on march 25 but its now april 13 stll no period but lately ive been having really bad pains in my stomach on the lef side what do you guys think? I took a test it came back negative.
11 years ago I had a baby... well husband and I gave up trying in Jan. AF is always spot on and nasty every 25 to 26 days. I was 10 days late for my period and yes I keep track of them and have since I was 13 because of the family history of uterine issues.. On the 11th day of AF being MIA I started spotting then it got heavy then spotting spotting spotting then medium but only used two pads fully. Went for 4 days normally AF is annoying for 5 to 10 days each month. I had an ultra sound done and yes it was FAR more than the belly Ultra sound too.. they even used the "Dildo Cam". Well doc says there is absolutely no possible way I am pregnant. Thing is though my belly is poofy my boobs look like I could milk 20 babies and I feel nauseated.... all pee tests show NEG. Seems odd to me that age 30 I could be going crazy! I keep feeling like a bubble feeling in my lower abdomen however it never passes! My AF was due March 26th and didnt show any AF type stuff until April 6th. Is it possible it took a very long time for the implantation? My body moves slowly any how but not sure this is possible and I think Im going mad! I had major nausea 11 years ago with my son during PG, this nausea feels close to the same just not as bad.. Not really certain what to do and I totally hate the WAIT AND SEE thing because I dont want anything to be wrong with me... am hoping for the best... Baby Dust to all!.!~~
I am 36 I had a tubal Ligation 14years ago after having 3 children consecutively every 2 years.  I am never ever late you could set your watch by it Got my last period the end of Feb, on the 25 lasted 6 days  like normal. I missed march and no period or symptoms, I dont use a condom cause well I thought I was done woring about this I m 17days late , Im afraid to take the test will it be acurate???
My period is so late I took two test that came back negative what should I do
HI I have been trying to get pregnant for some time now, my period has been a little funky the last 2 months coming early and only light and spotting, this month I was due on the 24th of april, I started my period on the 20th and I had very litttle bleeding and i only cramped for the first part of day one, in the past i have taken test and all come up negative, just like last month, I havent taken one this month and I feel allittle strange, im tired all the time, I am constantly hungrey and for some reason I enjoy eating ice LOL, so alittle bit of advice would be great, should I test this month even though my period came early and I only spotted?
Hi everyone, I'm worried and nervous, I got my period in March, but it was late. I was supposed to get it on the 23rd, and its usually regular. I went and had a pregnancy test done on the 25th and I got my period on the 28th. So I figured I would get it on the 28th, but its now the 30th. Do you think my period is just becoming more irregular, or do you think I could be pregnant? I've been having some light cramping but no period, and my breast hurt, (which they usually do before I get my period). Any advice??? Thanks for anyone who has an input!!
Hi everyone,

I am currently 5days late. My periods are not exactly regular, some months they come spot on 28days other months they are a day or two early / late. I am never more than max 3days late. Only the once when I was 18yrs my bf convinced me I could be pregnant and I was so stressed but it came 6days late. At the moment I'm trying to study for my masters exams and I am a bit stressed again. I know I shouldn't dwell on it too much as it could be a number a things that are preventing my period from coming. Its just that I did have unprotected intercourse with my bf twice this month. I don't allow him ever to come inside me (sorry if that is too much information). I know there is a chance that the pre-*** can get you pregnant but it never did before. I know that's no excuse for being stupid. I have had cramps as if my period is coming but still nothing. I'm having hot flushes and the last two days I've needed to go to the bathroom a lot more frequently than usual.

I was just wondering anyway what you make of my situation?? If I don't get my period in the next week I intend on taking a pregnancy test.
i am a missed  the hole month of april and i usaually come in th midle of the month could this mean im preagant.Renisha
Sorry For TMI But My Nipples Have Been Really Sore Lately An I Have Been Getting Belly Pains But They Feel Weird An Now I'm Discharging Also Feelin Sick, Bloated Headaches, Dizzy, Flutterin In My Belly An No Period 4 2 Weeks I Have Now Been On Implannon For Nearly 2 Years But I Am Usually On Constant But Nothin 4 A Week An A Half I Have Done 3 Preggo Tests All Come Bk Negative So Wa Could This Be Its Drivin Me Mad Coz All These Symptoms I Had When I Was Preggo With My Son Any Advice Would Be Great Thanx ♥ x I Have Now Had Tha Implant Out Yesterday, But I Worked Out On A Pregnancy Calculator If I Am Pregnant I Would Only Be 2 Weeks An 2 Days Would This Be Why Its Not Showing Up On Tha Tests But Tha Last Couple Ov Days My Symptoms Have Been Gettin Stronger I Am Now Actually Bein Sick All Night an Nearly All This Morning An Have Had Period Type Cramps 4 About 2 Days I Have Been Told By My Doc I Got 2 Go Back in 2 Weeks An Take A Sample Down, I'll Let You All Know Tha Results ♥ x
I don't if I'm having pregnancy signs I have my period but it was light but my cramps were kinda heavy but I been feeling tired and my eating habits are funny I had sex march 23 now its may 9 how longs is that?
Im Sooo Confused; Feb28 i came on my period... March i didnt come on... April i came on my period on the 7th... so i was due for my period MAY 7th but i had unprotected sex a week before i was due for my period and i am now 3 days late and when i took a test it said neg 1hr later i looked back at it and it had another faint line so whats going on when should i test since i had unprotected sex a week...

Please respond
i get my periods every 25th day, on 11th April I had my period, today 11th May, still i have not got it, i did pregnency test twice at home it came negative & again i went to Doctor on 10th May, that result also was negative, shoudl i wait for couple of days, or should i take the tablet to get my periods. please help.
It mean that you are not pregnant if you took the test twice.
My period is 5 days late and I'm like am ipregnant or not cause this never happens to me at all..
Hello. i want to as because im really gettign crazy if im pergnant or not.. last april 20 i should be expecting my period because usually my cycle takes around 28 days. now, since i needed to take the first pill so i can be protected before flying to my husband and join him in germany, i took my first pill without waiting for my period. in my pill description paper, it is stated there that i can take the pill first day of my period or any other day as long as we need to have a 7days backup protection (use of condom) and expected arrival of my period will be on the 23rd day of taking pill, yesterday should be the arrival of my period and until now it is not there yet. we had also made love during this times and on the 4th day of taking my pill until the 8th day we always do withdrawal method. and after that he always do it inside. also during this month i have forgotten to took 1pill but did took it within 8hours. do you think i am pregnant? is theres a big possibility that i may easily get pregnant because of the way how it went when im taking the pill? when shall i go and have a pregnancy test? thanks and looking forward for your asnwers.

Christine
Hello

I am new to these posts.  Me and my husband have been ttc for nearly 1 year now, I had 3 abortions before i got married and now i can't get pregnant.  I have been feeling really bad about the decision i did make in my younger years.  The problem is every time my husband cums inside me i dont get my period and i am not pregnant!! Has anyone ever heard of this before ???? if so i would appreciate ur input !!!!! Thanks
I took a preg test 5 days after my period was due, it came up positive, I took another one 3 days later and it came up positive as well,
So I'm assuming I'm Defanatly preg.
Oh and I stopped taking the pill about month ago??
Well my menstrual was a day late I havent tkn a test yet but,i am having pregnancy symptoms
I am now 8 days late.  The thought of food makes me wna throw up I'm fatigue get dizzy and can barely eat a hole meal. Im nt sure if I should take a test now or whay another week. April 16 was my last period may 16 came I had reallt bad cramps and very light spotting 3 times after I used the bathrm within 3 days. That's nvr happened to me before. What should I do?
my last period was 27/3/2011 i took 5 test all say no can you all help me
well in march i was a date late in my period and it only lasted 2 1/2-3 days (which is normally they last 5-6 days) and was really light. in may i was 2 days late and i was spotting but lasted about 5 day. this month i am4 almost 5 days late, should i take a pregnancy test?
I'm ttc 4 8mths but have only just been doing it properly 4 past mth! (got an ovulation kit) i'd due on 2day but have been getting period like pains 4 the past wk. Not normal pains tho, more cramping down below than tummy cramps which i normally get. Anyone else get these kinds of pains when they were pregnant!
Hi I'm Tracey I'm 32 years old and 10 days late on my period! !I'm a bit scared I never been this late!I don't want to panic and go buy pregnancy test..So I guess I will wait 2 more days then the month of may will be up!!I usually come on between the 15-20 and its the 29 going on the 30th!!!What's wrong with me??
So, my long time boyfriend and I just recently started trying, we each have very good jobs but we are only twenty. I'm fine with that, but most people think it's too soon. Anyways, about a week after we were together I started burping uncontrollably. It's been three weeks and it hasn't stopped. My periods not regular by any means, I usually give it a one week time frame of when it could be. This friday is the last say of that. Breasts sore, no nausea but burping and moodiness. Should I wait some more? Ps. I neveeeeer burp or get sore breasts. Hmm.
On May 28 I had unprotected sex with my husband.
On June 1 ,I again had unprotected sex with my husband.
On June 2,I took the plan B pill, which i was told where i bought it that is was good for 120 hours (5 days)
I was due for my period on June 5th , am only late one day but I am never late, could i be pregnant??
Am a 26 year old lady.
I've always had sex wt condom. Nw my peiod is 2 -3 days late and i tested negative(twice) to PG test. My breasts Я tender and am feeling a bit nauseous. I really dont want a baby Ŋ☺ώ and am so confused.
I would go get a preg. test. You prob. are not pregnant, but its better to be sure!
I'm the same way to. I get my period the same day or at least two days later. But I'm currently a week late on my period. I took a test two days after I missed my period and it came out negative. I've also. Been really bloated and have had many mood swings. But I'm going to just wait one more week to take Another test. I'm 17 so hopefully It comes out negative.
Hey Guys I just had a 20 hour brain sugery and I ,missed my period for about 3 months now this month it seems to be 4 days late and I'm worried should I worry???
My name is tish and I am new to this site but me and my husband have been ttc for about a year ive never been on birth control and my cycle has never been more then 2 or 3 days late I started my last period may the 4th andit ended may 8th it is now june 18th and still no period I took a prego test about a week ago but it was negative wat should I do was it to early to tell
hi i was on bc for a mth i took my pack in may  i did not open my pack for jun last mth i had my 4day period like always this mth i came on monday in on tue i was off  so i had my period for one day in it was very light this has never happen to me be for i have been very sleepy my head have been hurtin i took a pt on tue maybe it was too soon idk could i be pregnant
Pls help me! I'm 21 yrs old, still a virgin. My fiance and I were very intimate. He almost took my V bt we decided to stop, waiting would be best.  But I had come all over my vjayjay dripping to my anus. I'm almost ten days late, veins on my breast and they are tender, feel nausea every time I eat, my back aches, stomachs cramping from one side to the other,emotional! Is it possible
can anyone help me plz.....,i have a concern i am presently taking birth control pills, but i forgot to take it one night n i cant remember if i had sex that night but anyhow i took two pills the next day....when im on the last 3 builder pills of my cycle my period normally comes.  yday i thought i had signs of my period but i just had a spot of blood. my period is due but im still not bleeding (having my period) could i be pregnant. i am so very concerned. what should i do.
anyone can answer me if they have the answer
so my missed period will be tomorrow if all goes well... but my question is:
do you think i could take one tomorrow and get an accurate result? im so overly anxious and trying not to pysch myself out at the same time... plz help.......
I had unprotected sex sunday I am on noriday but haven't been taking it probably how long should I wait to do a test I could be just been paranoid but I am worried
I am also new to this sight and I am trying to get pregnant I have been having sex since the 6/11 and today I am suppose to start my period the only sighn of that is light pink discharge I have had all the eirly symtoms (symptoms) but some also come with a period I have taken a hpt and the results were negitive could I still be preganant and what is the light pink discharge.
Im 18 and my bf of 22 have been having unprotected sex since 2 weeks after my last period, which was may 28(my last period). hes been pulling out everytime he finishes. my period is never on the same exact day each month, it always changes.. i've been 2 days late already (if i were to get it the same exact day as last time May 21) and im kind of worrying. i havent had any symptoms at all. last time we had sex was wednesday of last week and not having anymore until i get birth control. can someone please tell me if i should get a test or wait or if im just freaking out for no reason. i would really appreciate an answer, please and thank you (:
hi, my period is 6 days late , i have take a pregnancy test 3 times and they all came up negative. last month may i have my period for 2 days and then it stop 2 day later gotta back and then stop until now. i'm more tired them usual..im a lil over weight doctor say the that can cause period to be late, however i always been regular til now. do you think am pregnant?
hey i had my period on the 24 last month my period usually comes 2 days early every month and now its the 26 of this month and i didnt get my period,i took a pregnancy test but it was negative,if anyone knows something plez replay and write (nena H) becuz i can know ur talking to me thank u.
So I am irreqular. Haven't qotten my period. its been almost 2 weeks. I had sex 4weeks aqo & I've been havinq a lot of these early preqp symptoms.
I tested the day of my missed period in the morninq. it was neq. then a week later exactly in tha afternoon I tested it was neq.
how much lonqer should I wait?
i had sex july 7th and he came inside me. i just started a new birth control and was on my 3rd week of it when this happened. i normally start the wednesday of my sugar pills and havent yet. i took the plan b pill the day after the sex. i also have moved back home and am on a new schedule. and am also just starting to train for a mini marathon so am excercising more than normal. do you think i'm pregnant?
I had sex bout 3 weeks ago like 3 days in a roll btt I didn use protection ma bf didn come inside me btt im already 4 days late n I been crampin n haaved several headaches can I b expectin? Shud I wait a couple of days more b4 testin maself?
i g0t my periods last m0nth 12 n endup at 17 n my fertile date was 25th at my last day ov period i had a sex unpr0tctd nw today i d0ne home prgnancy tst n urine tst to my dr as wel both came negative im hghly tnsnd plx help me that is im prgnant only the sympt0n is i go for a pee very oftn s0o kindly tel me is im prgnant
hi<
i have PCOS and have been trying to conceive for 3 months,My doc had put me on duphoston tablets to regularise my periods and also help me concieve (conceive).after being on medication i regularly get my periods.my last lmp being 18 june.I haven;t yet got my periods but my hpt was negative on 16.
i have major back ache , sore nipples and cramps .culd i be pregnant.wen shld i test again..pls advice
i forgot to mention i have always had irregular periods
well, im new here. im so confused. im in a long distance relationship. my bf came to visit in mid-May (we had unprotected sex a few times) in June a week before my period, i started having the urge to vomit, feeling tired and had headaches. So i took two tests that week and they came back negative. eventually, i started to bleed which made me think i was just late. I stopped with the idea that i was pregnant until this week, because im 2 days late and lately i've realized my breasts are sore. I had always had a 26 day cycle, but last month it late and no period yet this month
Viewing 1-200 comments: