how long after you miss your period should you take pregnancy test
i am new to the site and was hoping someone could clarify some information. i am currently ttc and am 6 days late for my period i have taken pregnancy tests x2 both bfn. i was told by friends i should wait at least 2 weeks after i miss my period to take the test is this correct? a family member just tested positive after 1 day late. i am so confused and disappointed at this point. thanks
most of them are accurate the first day after you miss your period. some are accurate as early as 5 days before your period is due. you definitely don't have to wait 2 weeks.. if your cycles are generally regular and your test is negative you may want to see a dr. to find out what is going on. i know all about being disappointed by a negative test. good luck to you and let us know how it goes.
You definately don't have to wait 2 weeks. I got a bfp 5 days before my period was due with my son with one of those test meant to be taken before.
Mandi
it depends on how sensitive the test is and how late you are. at 6 days late one would think you would get a BFP if you are PG. some woman have taken a week to 10 days before getting it. if you are very regular and go over 10 days late and still get a BFN call your doc. they will do a blood HCG to see if you are PG and if not can give you provera to start your cycle. i hope this helped and tons of baby dust...i am TTCing too.

love and hugs....kimmie
I usually know before the period is due, and have tested before the date and once it came up positive within seconds and during another pregnancy it didn't show until a week after I was due for my period.  It all depends on your body and the level of the pregnancy hormone in your body  - which is what the tests go off of, a low HCG level may not show on a HPT, but it doesn't mean you are not pregnant - you may have to wait a little longer.  GOOD LUCK and let us know.
actually clear blue easy digital caught my BFP at 15 mIU/ml....the lowest yet that i have found in my research

kimmie
I have looked on the web and discovered that the best over the counter hpt is e.p.t.  The site stated that e.p.t. can detect the lowest hcg amount compared to other tests.
Sep 5th 2006 I got my Period, October 7th I took a pregnancy Test and Came back Postive, I was only one Day Late ( missed period) and I actually went to the Dollar Store and Got a test which only cost me a dollar six lol. But anyways... I was only one day late and took one and it came back positive, and when I went to the doctors to see how far long I was, I was already 6 weeks. So you can get your period even though your pregnant, I did and the second month I never got it again until I had my son Ryan.... SO you can take it even if your a day late.
I usually have a 24 day cycle, and every month this year it lasted only 24 days. I am 5 days late. I thought that would be my sign that I am pregnant. Well I took 2 test and both say negative. I am a little nervous because I really have been trying to get pregnant for at least 5 years. Should I wait a little longer or read up on menapause?
you said you had your period during pregnancy--was it light? Or was it like normal? That is so interesting!
I'm late on my period haven't taken an test yet last month I really didn't have an period I thought I was coming on, on the 9th of Oct but it was really light pink and it didn't last all day I guess you can say I was spotting it would come down but not alot for a few days then stopped and now we are in Nov and no period should I go ahead and take a test now or should I just wait to see if I come on over the weekend???
Did you ever get your period in November and did you test positive... Cause i am dealing with the same thing
Hi im 6 days late for my perido im feeling sick and having belly cramp i have took 2 test and the came out negative shall i wait till nxt friday coming and c if i am because my hcg myt not be high? or shall i make a doc appointment??
Do u think im pregnant?
I am in the same boat (kind of) I just quit breastfeeding my baby a month ago (she was 7 in a half months)  and at the same time I got my first period.  I am and have never been on bc.  I am having pregnancy symptoms(tired, hungry, and i've been cramping for a whole week every day! )  but I took a test 2 days ago and it was neg.  My hubby and I are wanting another baby, but I just dont know if its normal to have longer cycles after bf.  I could be 4 to 7 days late. Could it have been too early last time I took the test? could I still be pg? Also when I did take it it was in the afternoon and I drank water right before. Next time I take it It will be first morning.  
so when do u think ii shou;ld take my nxt test because the pain in my belly are getting a little worst?
i have also been hungry eating more than normal i havnt even had a perido 2day im 7 days late shall i wait 4 the friday coming so my hcg is higher been getting more belly cramp there more painful 2day ??
I am about 4 or 5 days late at the moment, and have been quite concerned of pregnancy, I've been having "symptoms" such as unusuall moodiness (im usually very happy and generally a nice person), loss of sleep, restless, and slightly pained legs, tiredness..ALL DAY, shortness of breath, and of course a late period. My friends who have had kids told me that i'ts a high possibility, and would fit perfectly with my "symptoms", what do ya think??
oh and my last period was really..really, extremely light, almost less then spotting, and i wouldnt quite call them cramps but i have been feeling foreign sensations...hmmm.could it be baby or could it be an irregular period? though, i usually have pretty regualr cycles, i was on bc at one point but i hated the way it messed with my body so i havent been on any bc for some time...hmmmm
Yes .. take the test already instead of asking - you will feel much better knowing one way or another.  Best of luck to you :-)
i think i might be pregnant but im not sure. my period is only 3 almost for days late but i have NEVER been more than 1 day late. also for about the last 3 days i have had stomach cramps and constipation... should i just wait it out since its only been 3 days?
My period is six days late I'm feeling severe abdominal pain, I've taken two pregnancy test and they came out negative. Must I  wait some more or go see a doctor.
you should go see a doctor cuz i was only four days late with the same bad cramps and i found out i was pregnant.. it sounds like you are too