Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
negative test, tender breasts, nausea, could i still be pregnant?

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

I had sex on may 2nd. i had my period like normal may 9-14. i began spotting and some light cramping the 23- 26  which isn't normal for me, i'm due or my next period sometime in the upcoming week, the last 2 weeks i've been very nauseous and occasionally dizzy. I have to force myself to eat because i'm afraid i'll become nauseous again the dizziness usually follows the nausea. I took a HPT last monday  it was negative. 3 days ago i noticed my breasts were a little sore. today they've become so sore that it feels like my bra is squishing them. tonight the water from the shower was extremely uncomfortable on my nipples and they've been so sore since. my bf and i have been trying to get pregnant for the last 8 months now. i have never had tender breasts before my period. the most pms symptoms i have is extreme cramping the day before my period and usually really grouchy. this isn't normal for me and i'm a little worried that i was pregnant and miscarried without knowing i was pregnant, but that doesn't explain why my breasts and nipples are just becoming sore. it also doesn't explain the nausea and dizziness that i'm still experiencing. so, here are my questions. could i still be pregnant even if the test was negative? and why did i spot when it's not normal? and,  why do my nipples feel like someone is holding a close line pin on them?

any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Symptoms are unreliable and they really don't mean anything since the same symptoms can mean you are getting sick, have PMS, are stressed, etc. Are you trying to get pregnant? It could be that you want to be pregnant so bad, that your body has now given you these symptoms. If the test was taken correctly, then it's unlikely that you are pregnant. Spotting happens to many women, even when it doesn't normally occur for them. Nipple pain can be from an infection or hormonal change, so it doesn't indicate pregnancy. If your period is late this month, take a home pregnancy test.
Thank you. i'd go to the doctor but im in a financial crunch right now. my car broke down. :( and yes, my bf and I are ttc. but we've been trying for 8 months now and nothing, 9 if you count may. i'm only 20 and most 20 yr olds it seems like they don't have this much trouble conceiving. it's a little depressing. and i have been under enormous amounts of stress this last month.. Thank you for responding!
You need to hold off on ttc if you can't even afford going to the doctor or afford fixing your car. Babies are very expensive and you'll set yourself up to struggle for a very long time if you get pregnant now. Just wait until you have a stable job/income, are completely independent(if you aren't already), have your own health insurance, and are married/in a long-term stable relationship(many relationships break up, even when a baby is planned - just look at the single parent forum). You will be able to enjoy being a mother much more if you wait until you are completely ready to have a baby. Are you in school? Having a degree or some type of certification from a trade school is a great idea in this economy. Make sure you have your life all set up and ready, and then try for a family. I do hope you really think about that and take it to heart. Take care.
i have insurance, i just owe my doctor from bills when i was like 11 and broke my arms that my mom never paid off. and i guess whatever happens when your a minor those bills go with you into adulthood or something.. idk. anyway, i have a stable job, and a degree in culinary arts. i graduated h.s at 17 did college and everything. my bf and i have been together for a long time we just don't need a piece of paper to prove we love each other. and i also moved out when i was 17, so i've had my own place for almost 4 years now. got my car in my name when i turned 18. i grew up fast i went from being a 9 yr old to a 20 year old overnight ..My father died when I was 9 and my mom shut down completely and some other stuff happened that i'd rather not mention.. i made sure she was fed weather i ate or not.,I made sure i got to school on time everyday, and all my homework was done, house was spotless, and still maintained straight A's. . which is probably why people think i'm crazy for wanting to have a family so early in life. but what people dont realize is that i didn't have a normal childhood, i went from being a happy little girl to someone i didn't know how to be. and it's not like we can relive our childhood and change things, so i've been an adult most of my life.
Im on birth control, i got my period last month 24/4/14 for 3 days which is normal to me.. since then i missed my pill the monday i was suppose to start again and i took it the tuesday the following day and then a week later i took another pill really late. since then i have had sex twice. the last few days i have had sore breasts and nipples, nausea and a little back pain and bloating. im due my next period in about 2 or 2 and half weeks time, i took a pregnacy test yesterday but it came back negative, i think its too early to detect anything because if i am pregnant il only be about a week or two. im going to the doc on friday hopefully then we willl be able to find out, anyone experience symtoms (symptoms) like this? Any comments will be greatfull