Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
period 55 days late but negative pregnancy tests

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Viewing 401-431 comments:
I last had my cycle on June 15 it's now September 17 , I took a blood pregnancy test and a urine pregnancy test and they both say negative. What should I do?????
I have been reading all your stories and know how you are feeling. I have two DS,s and a MC about 6 yrs ago. I have been late before (July 2010), but I didn't worry bcoz we were not BD as my husband was away for months.

My LMPwas on 2nd Aug 11 it is now about 48 days. My husband came back  15th Aug 11 and we were s-active from 15th - 31 of Aug 11. I feel some signs of pg nausea, metal taste, sore breast when touched, increased CM whitish/clear, cramps on my tummy as if I am about to have my AF.

My cycle is not regular as it varies from 24 days to 31 days for  May CD 24, June CD 28 and July CD 26. I have had atleast 5 HPT with different brands including clear blue but all are BFN. I went to a Dr a week ago but she told me to try and do the test again. We are not TTC but would not be a prob if I am pg.  My worry is that some pgs could be ectopic and if delayed could turn out fetal.

I am thinking visiting a FP and take it from there. I will make an appt with my Dr in 2 wks if no AF and I will demand for a bd test and a scan as well.  
My sister is in the same situation she is now 22 weeks late and took about 8 home test ask negative and 2 blood test also negative and she also put on some weight is it possible she is pregnant
My last period was on April 3. I've taken 4 HPT's, 2 Negative, 2 Positive. I've been to the health department where they gave me another pee on a stick prego test, that came back Negative. They did a blood test, came back negative. Then I went to my OBGYN, and that test came back negative. I've been through the nausea stage, but no morning sickness, my breast have grown, and my stomach is a lot bigger. I've also felt movement since around the middle of August. Any ideas as to why the test aren't showing anything? It would greatly help...
Maybe your Hcg levels are too low to be dtected by any of theses urine or blood tests. Why don't u ask ur Ob/Gyn to give u an ultrasonogram, that might solve the purpose...as u said u cud feel the fetal movements then sonogram shud be able to detect that too...good luck! I am also in my 8th week....till now none of the hpt are positive...but i have all the prego symptoms...i hv taken an appointment on 24th of this month with my Ob/Gyn for a blood test, let's see...i hope i am prego.... :). Love, Calsusmom.
Im 26 with a 72days late and im a lesbian so what you think is wrong with my menstrual
Thanks, that helps, a lot. And I've got yet again another appt to get more blood work done.. Good luck! Hope it all works out for you(:

Have you had a lot of stress lately?
today i'm 11days late negative HPT and have a history of irregular cycles,my GP place me on fertomid last month for the first time to help with the process,have been off the pill for a year now and still nothing, been trying now 3months, yes i'm married. I don't have any symptoms,but last week craved for a specific drink and the week before had huge appetite.no sore breasts,no bloated feeling, no cramps,had weight gain and no nausea. could i be preggo?
I have the same situation with you. I am 20 days late for my AF. 4HPT are negative and 1 BPT came back negative. I had my uterus scanned also, the lining's are thick. ;-) the dr advised that Since all test are negative, she'll give me a meds to have my AF. I'm to afraid to drink for I'm thinking that HCG is late to show. I have all the feelings of being preggy.. Nausea, bloated, craving for something that I don't want, sensitive to smell, cramping, sleepy etc...

Can You please advise if you did get positive eeut after 6 wks. Me and my hubby wants to have a baby and I'm sp stressed out already on this situation of mine.... Thanks!
36 Days late, 3 negative HPT's....really want to be pregnant!  IF i were pregnant i would be 9 weeks along, would i feel "hard" in my lower tummy? I have a scheduled GYN appointment on Tuesday so im hoping she notices an enlarged uterus or something to confirm good news...but im probably getting my hopes up. UGH.
Hi all,
I am 27 yrs,had my last period on 15th sep 2011.I am 54 days late today. Did few HPT but came out negative. Dunno if m pregnant or not. Have gone thru many sites regarding the same issues of pregnancy, but still m worried and stressed out a bit. I wish m pregnant because me n my hubby had sex during my ovulation but still HPT -ve so a bit confused. Please any suggestions.
I'm I'n a similar situation to you ckn173, I'm also 27 and last period was 20 September 2011.i had a miscarriage I'n July and that pregnancy didn't give w positive reading till i was 5 weeks. With my son now 4 all tests said negative including blood until i was 8 weeks. So don't always take a negative as a negative. Of all my pregnancies including eptopic sept 2009 miscarriage feb 2009 i just knew i was pregnant and i had little symptoms. This time i have gained 6kg and 2 weeks after my period gained 2.5kg while i was eating healthy and exercising which made no sense as i went from Bo exercise to 45 mins 8 times a week. I have gone up almost 3 sizes and feel pregnant
I ad my last af on 27th sep 11 my boobs r sore I'm getin sore back and my belly is feeling hard iv been feeling sick etc I ad a bit ov spotttings about 3 or 4 wks ago iv done about 15 test and all come bk neg but a couple ov ppl have been pregnant and still been getin negs untill they was about 3mnths pregnant no one knows why but it can happern so we both could still be pregnant
How many of you use NFP or charting to follow your cycles? I am 35 days post ovulation and on what would be cycle day 56.  I believe that I am pregnant even though a blood test and several HPT's are against me. For anyone who charts, 99% of women who have elevated temperatures for 21 days post ovulation are pregnant. With my son, I did not get a positive test until I was in my 7th week. My mother was in her 5th month before a positive blood test with my brother.  I'm planning on testing again on Thanksgiving, so here's hoping.
Hi people hope this will help you i  have not had my period since sept 27 i did all the pregnancy tests and they ere negative. i visited my gyn and he told me to wait till i complete 60 days. maen while i had terible cramps all this time so i was supposed to see the gyn on wednesday ie yesterday but i didnt and this morning my period came.Please dont be stressed and try and visit a gyn to rule out any possible worry. i pray you will be ok .
Ok so i am now 10 days late for my period. Last period Oct. 16, 2011. I have 3 kids already i knw what it feels like to be preggers. I have taken 2 tests both negative. i dont feel like i am going to start my period any time soon. There is a very good chance that i could be preggers because not on bc and do not use a condom. I do not have any noticeable pregnancy symptoms just late period. Should i just wait a little longer?
I've had the same similar problems. Its been 62 days since my last period. Been trying to conceive. I don't think I've been stressed and no other changes. I've experienced pregnancy symptoms with the nausea and the breast and mood swings. But I just started spotting what does it mean? Never took pregnancy test didn't want to give my hope's up.
im 11 weeks late and always had my period like clock work i have had pregnancy test done at doctors and it come back negative im awaiting scan im so worried i tried speaking to my doctor and all he said was if its a negative test im not pregnant so what am i worrying about im just thinking it could be something really wrong with me.

I am also in the same both, we are tryin to concieve (conceive) and its been 67 days since my last period. I have takin many HPT and doctors test aswel also 2 BLOOD test but all came back NEG.

I have many of the pregnancy sympthoms . . .sore hard nipples when anything touches off them (sorry bout the detail just so frustrated) . feelin sick the past two wks . pain in tummy like period pain but no period .

I am reli FRUSTRATED and would like to no if anyone else is like this and then got a positive or am i just keepin my hopes up.

x
Well I'm kinda in the same situation I am 28 days late and all hpt's have come back negative but have the neausea every morning... I have a blood test tomorrow
The doctor said that an ultra sound is the most positive reading they can get so if you are still getting negatives I would recommend that you ask for an ultra sound I hope this helps u
thanks so much . . but i think the doctors think im crazy . . were trying since april now and every two months or so i am late and go to them . .i was there today and alls they said was tat it was neg and tat it shoulda showed up by now so i must not be preg . . they told me to tat i us have to wait for my period to come . . but i have all the symptoms :( i feel like im goin mad . i no that these symptoms are not in my head tho . . if i go back again theyll start gettin annoyed wi me :(
Have u found out any news yet regarding your issue.. I have a similar situation. My husband and i have been trying, im 3 weeks late for my period, i had light spotting about 2 weeks ago... my breasts are so sensitive and painful over the last 2 days... and i constantly feel bloated, and have heartburn.. i took a hpt like 6 days ago and it said negative... i usually feel nauseous too, but havent threw up. Ill be taking a blood test in a week and a half so right now im confused.

Im now 12 days over due for my period. My periods have always been regular so this is strange. I am on micronor so obviously not planning a baby. I keep getting stomach cramps - as if my period is due, then they go and nothing seems to happen. Im feeling slightly sick but my appetite has gone through the roof  with constant headaches.  I have done 2 HPT - i must admit i have had them for a long time and both are negative. Im constantly tired even though im getting more sleep than usual.  Am i being a drama queen? I am less stressed than i have ever been!

Well, i was very irregular until i had a stillborn baby almost a year ago, ever since we have been TTC and my periods have been some what regular.. not exceding 36 days... I'm on day 41, tested hpt NEG ... don't know what to think or do??

We really want to be parents!!!
Ladie, not to freak anyone out but I was 18wks late when I finally got into the doctor. I was told I have PCOS which is a common occurance in situations like mine. I am not on hormone pills at the end of every month to have a MP and I have to test ovulation every month. This month I tested & actually ovulated!! I haven't done that since November when I started testing. I was told to take Fish Oil by a friend. That will help with ovulation. The EPA has to be higher than the other one I beleive. I am very excited that my body can do this!! :) Well wish us luck. We used our 24-36hrs we had of ovulation time wisely :)
help pls i had misc 7 weeks ago at 5 weeks pregnant had scan week later jan 19th was told cnt see pregnancy further than 5 weeks i nly bled 2 days 11 n 12 jan then had 4 day bleed 5th feb n 2day bleed 5th march but my belly swollen n had cravings n constant metal taste in me mouth done 5 home tests 2 wer pos 3 wer neg doctoer done 1 was neg now gota have bloods done 19th march 2 test 4 pregnancy  is it possible 2 have bin having twins n lost 1
I am a mother to two 11 month twin girls... with them my lmp was 7/23/10 i was tested on 8/20/10 and 8/30/10 and all negatives then i returned to the hospital on 9/2/10 and found out i tested positive! Finally 4 weeks 5 days and twins everybodies hormone level is different keep testing!
Omg ! Im going thru the same thing too!! I'm 5days late and I took a hpt twice n both times neg idk Wat to do either :/

Should I go to the doc?!?
   .@amytroy Omg ! Im going thru the same thing too!! I'm 5days late and I took a hpt twice n both times neg idk Wat to do either :/

Should I go to the doc?!?
Good luck to you! I wasn't sure if I could even get pregnant (history of cysts and my younger sis can't). But, I had a miscarriage last summer, so now I at least know I can get pregnant! It was a chemical pregnancy, so basically it happened immediately (they are supposed to be extremely common) and had I not been testing so much and in such excruciating pain, I prob wouldn't have even known. I just happened to test on the right day and had two tests come back lightly positive. But, the cramping was so bad and they say you just know. And I knew I was pregnant, but also just had a feeling something was wrong (though it didn't stop me from buying baby clothes right away). It wasn't planned, but I was so happy, even though I had a feeling the guy I had been involved with on and off for quite a long time may not have wanted to be involved, I would have gladly done it by myself. (I'm 31 years old and make a decent living.) Anyway, still having a hard time and trying to decide if I want to try and have a baby on my own now. It's not the way I planned it, but I'm tired of waiting to meet the right guy. I have always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, and am told I am a good catch and I should wait, that I will meet the right guy, but it's getting too hard to wait when every time I sign on to FB everyone I know is having a baby but me. Even friends that never wanted kids (and still don't want them) and all I've ever wanted in life was to be a mother. Anyway, just so you know (though you probably already do) with PCOS there is a high rate of multiples (a friend of mine with it had triplets!). If you can afford it, it's amazing. She went from trying to have kids for years, to having 3! And they were the most well-behaved baby girls ever. Anyway, sorry for the long-winded story; as you can see, it still bothers me and I comb these sites trying to figure out if I did something wrong, even though my doctor told me I didn't and I was in nursing school for awhile, so I know I didn't either. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I wish you all the best and please keep us posted!!! : )
I am too in the same boat! Me and my husband have been trying for 2 years and I had my last period april 17 its now june 2nd! I had some spotting about a week ago but nothing since then... My breast are tender also. But I've tooken 3 tests all negative! I have an appointment with my doctor so ill take test with him:)
I am 4 weeks late for my period I have had 1 postive test and 3 negative I am so confused my periods have been pretty regular 28 days bt my last period which was Aug 21 came 7days late my bf and I had sex on my fertile days Aug 5th and 6th could I b pregnant
Hi.
I am 25 years old, we are trying to get baby. I have an irregular periods for 33 to 40 days.my last period was Nov 15, 2012. I missed my period and 75th day (01/24/2013) i got 1 drop of blood clot came without pain. Then 76th day (01/25/2013)  again 1 drop of blood clot came. 77th day (01/26/2013) i got little bit bleeding in normal color. Then everyday 1 drop blood clot coming in morning.I have taken 2 pregnancy. Result was Negative... Am I Pregnant or not? Please Advice me.
Im 18, ive always been cautious on my sex and i only like sex after my period. (Bad choice i know.) I'm about a week late from my normal period date. I had a cold the week i was suppose to get it, but now I'm worried that since i missed it, cause i never miss it, that i could possibly be pregnant. I hope you gals have answers because I'm stressed enough on my schooling because i graduate this year. I have period like symptoms, and i constantly feel like i started but i don't. No British red clots, and i go to the bathroom about more. I've noticed i gained a bit of weight but that could be because i usually get hungry the week before it. Help me?? Please.
My last period lasted 3 days and that was April 14-17th now 41 days later I started bleeding is it possible that I.am preganant my boyfriend and I are both having symptoms I took a pregnancy test on the 26th of May and it read negative. Its now only 2 more.days  left in this month and I havent stopped bleeding since last night May 28th my periods never act like this I either come on in the beginning or the middle of the month whats going on am I pregnant or is this just a late period im confused.
I am currently 47 days late counting from last missed period. Have took 3 ppt all negative. :( have all the early symptoms like I did with my son almost two years ago. If I'm not pregnant what else could be causing this?? Haven't been stressed and no changes to diet or activity or anything. Any ideas?
hi!  this could be really late since the time you posted your story...can you tell me what happened to you then? i'm having the same symptoms as yours right now and its making me crazy...thanks a lot!
hiya how did u get on im going insane same thing happening to me ??
Im 22 I was due for my period the 19th ofsep n Im still not on Iits now oct 9th Iv onli had very lil bit of spotting. ..today I was at the store n started throwing up all over out of nowhere plz help when I was a week late I did a test it came out negative. ..wat should I do
I've tested negative 2 and a half months into my pregnancy so you very well may still be pregnant.  At month 3 I finally had a faint positive
I am on the 46th day of my cycle, no signs of periods yet and no symptoms of pregnancy either.It is the firs time i am having such a long gap as maximum delayed periods were only 41 for me even last month. Only last month and this month i ve been having delayed periods as otherwise my cycle length is usually 30-34 days.
I took three urine test on 35th, 38th and the 43rd day, all three came out negative. I ve got an appointment with my doctor only two weeks later. I feel there are chances i could be pregnant because we had unprotected sex three days before my peak ovulation date.
You think i could still be pregnant? do i go for a blood test? is it ok to not have any symptoms and still be pregnant in the 46th day of the cycle?
Somebody help me.. I have so many of these questions running in my mind.
My last period was August 17. i  didnt have a period for september & once again for october, it is now October 31st. I took 3 tests & a test at the doctors they all came out negative, the last test i took was in the beginning of October.. What should I do now? HELP!!
Hi can someone help me out,I'm not sure how Many days I'm late,my last periods was on the 19th off sep started on the 7th of sep 2013,and it's now nov the 5th..tested my stuff four time in the last month and its native,I'm trying myself to full pregnant,I have a three and half years old and I've been trying since she turn 1:)my periods are irregular,but this is the longest,usually a month ill miss my periods.
Hi im 42 days late. Done loads of hpt's but all are negative. Been to the doctors for a urine test still negative. I feel my belly going hard. I have had slight spotting on and off for the last 6-7 days. Could i be pregnant?
So I have an irregular cycle ....about 30-35 days. My last period was September 28th and ended October 3rd. Before that my period in August started on the 27th. I didn't have one by the end of last month (for October), though. Its now been 42 days since my last period... I don't think it's ever been that long of gap.... I felt reallly weird for like a week after my expected ovulation day. My boyfriend and I have unproctected sex and we had sex  a week before my expected ovulation date, a day after and five days after.... Took one test 6 days before expected period and it was negative... I'm hoping I don't have the issues everyone's speaking of (multiple negative tests until further into pregnancy) I neeeeed to know ASAP. I'm nervous and I don't wanna stress for nothing.
Hi, I seem to be having the same problem as a lot of you on here. So My LMP was on the 12/09/13 I was using a period tracker as my partner and I decided to start TTC. We had unprotected sex on my ovulation date which was the 23/09/13 and there after. My expected menstrual cycle was on the 07/10/13.... I am still waiting. I have done approximately 12-15 home pregnancy tests from clear blue, first response, to cheap ones. Two of the cheap ones came back with a light positive. Since then I have had TWO blood test done recommended by my doctor, last one was on Monday just gone 04/11/13..... Both negative!!!! I am so confused as my cycle is normally on time give or take 1-2 days 28 day cycle. My doctor recommends waiting three weeks and if I still don't start my cycle then she will send me for an ultrasound! PLEASE HELP SOMEONE IF YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE SAME THING OR ALMOST SIMILAR. I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW YOU OUTCOME.
Healthy 34 year old with one teenage child already.
Oh I've had soreish boobs (that feeling when milk is coming in) lower back pains, mild cramps with little hip aches and my partner said I'm looking a little wider.
Hi ,
my periods late 48 days and i have positive result of HPTs. my doctor test me and said that i am 8weeks 5days pregnant on 11th Jan,2014. But there is no heart beating of the fetus. Can it happen that on that day i may be on 4 weeks stage and if not then what could be happen with this pregnancy?
Now a days I can feel that something is moving inside the under stomach and i am having only weakness and breathing problem if i work more.      
I have a 9 1/2 month old daughter with her I had to symptoms of pregnancy. I am currently 68 days since the first day of my last period. I have taken several pregnancy test all were negative. I had a blood test done today 4/26/14 and it was negative. I have never been this late before, I don't know what else I can do but keep testing and make and appointment with my doctor.. I'm so confused......any thoughts???
My LMP was on 9 March(today is 63 days LMP); since then i have missed two periods by now with no signs of PMS yet. 4 negative urine test and 1 negative blood test after i missed my first period. All those tests were done on different days at 3-4 days interval. Since then i havent done any test bcoz i have decided not to trust on this HCG tricks and i will get an ultrasound done after i will miss my third period soon. But only symptoms i have been  feeling since first missed period till now is craving for spicy food; enhanced sense of smell; feeling tired n sleepy; on and off constipation and mild pinch like pain for few seconds atleast once everyday. I know all these symptoms are not too major ones but i feel like i m pregnant and one big pregnancy sign that keeps my hopes high is-Implantation Spotting which was on night of 1st April which was dark brown n only lasted for few hours n disappeared the very next morning. Although it was not associated with any pain but it was associated with diarrheoa. And the best proof part is that this Implantation spotting was on 9 DPO since i ovulated on 23 March. But eversince my intuition signalled me of being pregnant...all i m doing is treating myself as pregnant n following all do's and dont's. Will share with you all the result of ultrasound soon...
Viewing 401-431 comments: