pregnancy after tubal ligation
I had my tubes tied 11 years ago.  I have had symptoms of pregnancy for about a week and a half.  Bloating, constipation, throwing up, tender breasts, etc.  I had a blood test done two days ago that came back negative, but my period isn't due for another 5 days.  My last period came two weeks early and wasn't very heavy.  How often do tubes come untied?  And could I be pregnant even though the blood test came back negative?  Could have been to early for it to show even with a blood test, because I sure feel pregnant.
I am praying with you. I know how scary and hard it is for you to want to give him a child and the fear of not being able to do so. God bless you. I pray that he opens your womb and gives you all a child.
I had my tube tied almost four years ago now im a month late in my period can i be pregnant?
Hi Im 45 years old. My period came on twice this month Sept.. I had my tubes tied and burned for 17 years. Could I have had been pregnant?? My breast are ver sore and producing milk.. I'm worried!!
I am about to be 41 yrs old in December. I have 3 children, ages ranging from almost 21 to about to be 11. I had a tubal ligation done in 2003, to where my only tube was clamped. I had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured in 2001 and then a miscarriage in 2003. Recently i had not been engaging in sexual intercourse up until July. Since then i have not had a period. This month makes 4 months. Im experiencing all kinds of pregnancy syptoms. No syptoms of menopause. Is it possible that i may be pregnant after all these years? Oh and my tube was clamped. Not tied or burnt. Please help. Im worried because of my past history.    
-Melanie J.
I had my tubes tied  @ 10 years ago my periods have been regular since except in sept it came 9days early and then again in oct 6 days early and here I am now 9 days before it should come and I have the early pinkness when I wipe meaning it's coming earlier yet again been having tender breasts strange feelings in my abdominal area kind of fluttery at times lower backache headaches very emotional sick at my stomach  dizziness feeling like I'm gonna pass out when I stand up always hungry but get nauseated when I eat or even try anyone familiar with any of this
Awwww i feel the same i ways 23 after my 3 kid i was yung so i did it now im 28 matrice now Prays for one
I have to say to all of you that are trying and do want babies I Hope you all get a miracle and get the baby you want. to the lady who lost your baby at 31 days after birth I am so sorry. there is no words to help after the loss of an infant or any child for that matter. I pray in my heart that you get your rainbow baby. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts. I know how it feels to want to have a baby so bad after a tubal it is so frustrating. My family all pressured me into mine I wish I hadn't listened to them now.
My tubes have been clamped for 13 yrs and I'm late on period. Took a pee test came out negative. What should I do?
I real want a baby my youngest is 12 ,Ive had my tubes cut and tied since then I live in New Zealand, I want to know if theres a hospital that can reverse this procedure for me to become pregnant
do you know iam having the same feeling i can be to but i don't know because i'am feeling very sick .did you wen't to the doctor and what they said can you pleases tell me
I had my tubes tied/cut/carterized 11 Years ago after my 4th child. I am now 41 years old and I am 5 months pregnant...naturally.  Although I am extremely excited it was quite a shock. My new husband has never had any children of his own so just 2 years ago I got a referral to a Dr. to reverse the tubal. After my Dr. explained the procedure I had had and how unlikely the success rate would be for a reversal I just kinda forgot about it. We were'nt trying to get pregnant but were not taking any precautions to prevent it because it was "impossible". I guess not. lol.  
I know it was meant to be and i hate to even question it but HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?? No one at my Dr. office can really explain except for to say that it happens more often than you would know.  I've got a baby being born in April and another going off to college in August. This is definitely going to be a life changer. This is my crazy life and Im so thankfull for it!!  :-)
I had my tubes tide about 5yrs ago, for the past 4wks I have been having abdominal pains and lost of appetite, also been nauseous and throwing up off and on... I have lost about 10lbs unintentionally... everyday it's been going on for weeks this is getting old...
I don't think you are crazy.  The procedures are not 100%.  there is a 1.6 chance of still getting pregnant in the first three years after your tubal and it goes up to 1.8% after 3 years.  It is not common but happens more frequently than people think. 1 or 2 women out of a thousand will become pregnant.
Also I am having all the same thoughts as you.  I had my tubal 2.5 yrs ago and now I am having symptoms. I went to the dr. to see if something was wrong, like a cyst, appedicitus or something and he is running a bunch of blood tests.  Among them is a pregnancy test.  Although we felt our family was complete part of me wonders if I am feeling more than I am out of some unknown desire for another?  but I am feeling nauseous, pressure on my abdomen is really uncomfortable, I have been going pee more often, I had a period but it was a lot shorter than normal and somehow I just "feel" pregnant again.  
I don't trust blood tests or pregnancy tests because when I was pregnant with my daughters they didn't and couldn't find out I was pregnant unless I had an ultrasound done. I fought with my doctor for 6 months before he said I will prove you wrong, and to his surprise I was right I was 6 and a half months pregnant.  Everybody's body responds to pregnancy differently. I had a tubal ligation done 10 and a half years ago and I have had 3 miscarriages because doctors don't care and they don't listen. You know your body better than anyone if you think something is not right ask for an ultrasound blood tests and pregnancy tests don't always work.
32f tubal ten yrs ago cycle always normal except this past October I was 7days late no cycle all of November here it is December and I am 12days late no symptoms of pregnancy but with my other 3 I didn't have symptoms at first I was just always tire. Like I am now I don't think I'm pregnant its been ten yrs kinda scared to go to the doc....confused mother of 3
I'm a week late on my period I've been gaining weight stomach is really round and hard everyone says since my tubes are tied it won't live wat can I do
Hi. I'm a 35 year old mother of 2.For the past 4or 5 months, I have been having pergnant symptoms. Breast really sore,movement in my belly,gained 30lbs,and pain in my lower back,and both sides of my tummy.I had my tubal done in Jan.2004.I have had some of my friends feel my belly and one of my friends said she could feel something in there.I hope i'm pergnant cause i would sure love to have a little girl to compelete my family. I was pushed into having my tubes tired,by my family and in-laws.Also my hubby doesn't want anymore kids.I hope the good lord above will bless me with a gift.I do want this so bad. I go to the obgyn on the 6th of Jan. and hoping they will do a ultsound on me cause i have missed to cycles as well with the other things going on with me.I see all of your post on here and see it's possible to become pregnant after tubal.So i'm keeping my hope up that i'm one of those women to get that wish. Thanks all. Good luck and god bless.
I have also taken 3 hpts and they all came up neg.Two of them i bought,and the other one i had done at dr.office.
I am going thru the same thing you are.. I am 38 years old n am late on my period..  I had a tubal in 2001.. I have 4 kids n would love to have one more now that i am with a very good loving guy.. I am having symptoms like sore tender heavy feeling breast nasueated extreme tiredness but have not took test yet... Plz help me thru this also.. May God bless you n answer ur questions n prayers..
I had my tubes burnt 10 months ago when I had a C-section. my periods have pretty regular starting every 30-32 days. But now I have not had my period since Nov.28th. I really didn't think a whole lot about it until I started searching the other night and now have read SEVERAL stories where women have still gone on to get pregnant.
I also had a tubal 12 years ago. My tubes were tied, cut and cauterized. I am now almost 42 and 6 months pregnant with a healthy baby girl. I have a child heading off to FSU this year and a baby on the way. CRAZY!! I am extremely excited to start this adventure all over again but it was an absolute shock. I honestly didn't even think it was possible but in just my Dr. office alone there is another pregnant mama that had her tubes tied. I'm thinking the odds aren't quite what the surgeons suggest they are.
My tubal took place Aug 21, 1998...my youngest is 16 in May and my two oldest are both in college this fall.  I've heard the failure rate increases every year after clips inserted for tubal.  At times, I've pondered what it would we like.  Now that I am experiencing symptoms I had with my last daughter's pregnancy, I'm thinking of buying a test to be sure.  What were your earliest symptoms and when did you experience them?  Good luck and blessings to you and yours!
Ceth39
what happened?
I am now 2 months late. I took 2 home pregnancy tests back on Jan16th and 20th. Both came out negative. What is really strange is I have been really regular since my Tubal ligation on March 14, 2013.Now no period since Nov. 28th 2013. I am getting ready to take another test soon.
Thanks for sharing. I had the same procedure done 9years ago and I am 3 days late so I'm hoping I'm pregnant.
I am almost 36 I had my tubes clamped 11 years ago and my periods have been so regular you can set your clock by it. I am now 1week late. I have nausea, fatigue, bloating, and cravings.....I know the probability of pregnancy is very slim.....and I think I'm to young for menopause can someone please help me?
very long time amicrazy777. Any update regarding that one pregnancy  issue?
My tubes been tied for 8 years now. Unfortunate I did not want them tied in the first place but due to all my children born premature and via c-section the Doctor said I HIGHLY recommend a Tubal Ligation. I still wasn't OK with it but my HUSBAND at the time said go ahead. My cycle normally comes every 28 days well starting in Nov. it came on Thanksgiving the 28th then in December it came on Christmas the 25th then for January it came on my 40th Birthday 22nd and February it came a little more early and came on Valentines Day. So here we go MARCH no Holiday nor Birthdays and according to my last cycle I am 5 days late. Not to mention in February I notice after my cycle I had a little pinkish discharge I went to the Doctor to check for STD's and that was all NEGATIVE so I continued on. But now my breast is so tender I couldn't even wear a BRA to work today. I been having unprotected sex with my fiance every since he proposed in October. I have 3 grandkids, 4 kids and now 2 stepdaughters and he do not want kids at all. I'm having mixed emotions and so nervous right now. I do not know what to do...
i have had my tubes tied and i think burned also not sure 10 yrs ago i have pain on my left side could i possibly be pregnant again? i had nausea 2 days now.
Hello, I am 38 years old and had my tubal 17 years ago. I am a grandmother of two. When my latest grandchild was born 17 month ago I got every stinking sign of pregnancy including the missed period for like 2 months. I was freaking out. Went to the doctor and determined it was just hormones. Shewww. Now my last period (not trying to be gross) was extremely thick and lasted seven days verses my normal 5. I'm getting older so I figured it's just my uterus cleaning itself out real good. Anyway, On Sunday (homemade biscuit and Gravy day) I took a bite and about vomited. Could not eat it at all. My breast are feeling full and weird and I have had major bloating and gas. I stay sick to my stomach most of the day but noticed it's not as bad if I eat smaller meals. I have bouts of extreme moodiness and am tired all the time. However, it's the not being able to eat biscuits and gravy that is really bothering me and making me wonder if I am pregnant. I hope not, I am too old but I love being a mom and it would truly be a miracle if I was. It could just be the start of menopause. I am due to start again in a week or so, I guess then we will see. I wish you all the luck, and remember everything happens for a reason.
i'm going through the same thing at 44 yrs old and i'm having a tubal preg. but because is in my stomach and not on my utteres the test are neg. so they don't do nothiong and i'm a high risk preg with all my 5 kids
I had a tubal ligation done in 2009 after numerous miscarriages. I also had polystic ovaries with endometriosis. Lately, I don't feel myself-very moody, tired, exhausted and emotional. I skipped my period now for almost two months and really busy freaking out for the possibility of being pregnant. I have nausea, vommitting, back aches and the whole tootie galore of pregnancy. The smallest thing irritates me and just can't stand being around food. I am afraid of doing a test or even go see a doctor. I want to be but also very fearful of finding out it is not so. Please anyone , is it possible or is it just my mind playing games?
I had my tubes tied 10 years ago after I had my daughter. For about a month I've been having pain in my belly button. Last night I notice I have a sting hanging from my belly button. What is it?
Iam almost 40 yrs old, and ive been having symptoms of pregnancy, I too had my tubes tied for 15 yrs now. Iam scared to do a test or go to the doctors because I really want to be pregnant and dont want to deal with the disappointment if im not,  so what other possibilities can cause these symptoms
Wow thats good news anything possible . Im trusting in god that im pregant with a healthy baby or twins my tubes been tied 7yrs. And  I been having cramps and tender breast for 2wks right af r er my period. Smh very strange.
I am 32 years old and I had my tubal ligation done 11 years ago My periods are always normal 7 days long infact. September I had 2 periods. One at the begining of the month and one at the end of the month, the 29th to be exact and it only lasted 4 days. My breasts began to feel as if they were lactating twice that month as well and when I squeezed them clear sticky stuff came out just like when I was pregnant with my first child. I disregarded that and them October came along and no period at all. I thought that since I bled into october that it would count as my october period but I downloaded an app to help me with the calculations because I thought I should start on Nov 1. The app said I should have began my period on October 27th and that never happened, According to the app I am 18 days late, I am tired all the time, I pee alot, I always want hot wings and I get acid reflux alot and I am always cold. Last time I was always cold I was anemic and I was pregnant with my second child, I get little cramps here and there alternating both sides of my lower pelvic region, Could I be pregnant? I took a dollar store test on monday that came back negative but my boyfriend thinks it was too cheap to be accurate
Are you pregnant what ended up happening???
im 45 had my tubes tied 17 yrs. ago last month had my period twice first period was really weird looking second one was bright red my periods been normal boobs were extremely sore now im tired and 3 weeks 3 weeks late this month I feel weird stuff off and on in my belly ! is it possible I could be pregnant ive been praying I am!
Hello kareddingj
           My name is Alon and I am 39, currently experiencing the same symptoms. Have you taken a pregnancy test or come to any conclusion since your post?
I have had my tubal ligation since 7-2012 I have not had periods since. I have been with my hubby since 1-26-2013 for the past week I have been very emotional like a dollar coaster and I feel like my stomach is a blimp and I don't eat much and my boobs are sore to touch. I was going by what my doc. told me I couldn't get pregnant. My question is can you after a tubal ligation
Will his cast work if you had a tubal ligation.
I had my tubes tied back in 2012 right after my daughter was born...my periods have been irregular since then.....and here recently everybody at my job has been asking me if I am pregnant.....its kind of weird that my period started late I just got off almost 2 weeks ago and here I am back bleeding again....its pretty light not a heavy flow either.....can someone tell me whats going on...?
I been pregnant twice in less then 8 months after having my tubes tied for 10 years.. first they say it was a eptopic pregnancy & second time I miscarried.. the doctor wants to remove my tubes but I want a second opinion cs  no know facts the pregnancy was in my tubes.. I want more children..
I feel all of you peoples pain I'm 30 yes of age and I'm in a great relationship with my boyfriend but he wants another kid and I can't give him a baby cause I got my tubes tied burnt and sperated I only have one child and she was a big miracle to my life when I thought I couldn't have a baby but I guess god proved me wrong. As it happened at my age of 24 I was pregnant with my first and last child and now that she is 5 yes of age I miss having another kid I made a huge mistake telling my mom and sister that I was scared to go through the family drama again of the Jerry springer show happening b4 my eyes as I was in labor with my child. Just to give all the younger first time mothers out there don't let us fear come b4 us happiness of wanting to be a mother for a 2nd time think b4 u choose what I did OK cause you might regret it down the road.
I had my tubes done in 2000 after my son. I only had the clamps, which had caused issues with my ovaries ever since. I just recently found out that I have rheumatoid arthritis and a few other issues, and I am on a lot of medications. I have always been regular with my periods. Mine last on average 3 - 4 days and are a light to medium flow. They have been since I started my period when I was 10.

Well this month, June 2015 my period started May 29, which was 2 weeks early and lasted 9 days, stopping on the 7th then last night on the 10th I had light pink spotting but when I woke up this morning it was gone.(sort of like implantation)

The past month I've been having a lot of dizzy spells swelling of my feet and really sensitive breasts. Everything I had with my previous kids, who are almost grown now. I never had morning sickness and I had my periods the whole time I was pregnant with them.

I am freaking out because I have no idea what to do. My doctor says she wont to a pregnancy test cause there is no way I can be pregnant after having a tubal ligation 15 years ago.

But my doctor did test me, 3 pages worth of things, like thyroid, arthritis, vitamin deficiencies, diabeties and all of those things and everything came back normal but my vitamin D was 2 when it should have been at least 30 and my calcium was really really low and I'm anemic. All things I had when I was pregnant, but she wont give me a test and I have taken 3 home tests and 2 came back inclusive and one was a really really faint line

Any suggestions
Congratulations​ is all I can say
hi I have had my tubes tide cut and burnt after my third child. I admit  that I don't think they tide them at all they said a lot of pulling and tugging but that was it. But any who my last child is now four years old and last year around April my period started acting up. before it was regular every month for the full week and then around April of last year it started being every three months or every other month or then back to back  now its every three months and then twice back to back then back to every three months. before I thought I was pregnant with the nausea and growing belly I had came to realize once my period finally came back on it was just a build of not having a period for three months but now I'm having tender breast aching back almost all the time down to my legs faintness sleepy wait gain and in heat all the time the last time I have been sexual was in February me and my boyfriend is a long distance relationship right now. and we don't have kids together but I would like to give him one but don't want to get his hopes up cause this might be a false alarm too idk.
maybe you should find some other doc and tell them you have been feeling the symtoms of pregnancy but don't tell them your tubes are tide and see if they will give you a pregnancy test. and maybe an ultrasound if you tell them you have an irregular period see what happens.
My tubes have been tide for nine months but my periods are irregular Aug and Sept started on time not even 20 days later I started again on Oct 6 and Nov 2 I started I'm  trying to find out if I May be pregnant again. Did this sound about like what's  happening to you.
If I was already depressed and tubes tied but hadn't had a period since March 27,2016 can I be pregnant