Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
pregnancy after tubal ligation

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Viewing 201-264 comments:
UPDATE: I had a tubal ligation done a little over 1 year ago. 2 months ago I had all the pregnancy symptoms. Nausea, sore breats, fatigue, hormonal/emotional roller coaster, cramps, spotting, no real period, etc. My HPT and blood test were neg. I ended up demanding for a sonogram because I thought I was going crazy. Well, they didn't see anything.  I was not pregnant.  They did blood tests to check for thyroid problems, perimenopause, cysts, etc. All tests were negatives.  The Dr said it could just be an "off" cycle and everything usually get back to normal.  And it did. I'm back with regular cycles, normal period, and no symptoms.  However, I really kind of wished I had been pregnant.  But I'm really trying to get that out of my mind, knowing how impossible/improbable it is. I can't set myself up for disappointment month after month because I'm not pregnant.  I don't know why I feel this way....I've had my tubal ligation for over a year, never thought about it twice, knowing we can't handle a forth child....but now I find myself wanting to be pregnant again! I truly felt saddened by my choices.....I don't even want to ask God to grant us a miracle.....I'm scared I would just set myself up for disappointment after disappointment.....Anyways.....I just never thought I would go through this grieving/mourning phase about a tubal ligation and being finished for good....Good luck to all of you!
I also had my tubal when I was 27. I regretted every bit of it. I am 40 yrs old and in my 2nd marriage, my husband and I really don't plan to have a baby because we both have two sets of children! But I still feel guilty for having the tubal. I always advise younger ladies to ask their spouses to have the vasectomy because its easier to reverse if you want any more children. I feel your pain and don't feel silly for feeling this way..hugzzz.
Pregnancy after tubal ligation is possible, but not very likely.  It happens in a very small percentage of cases.  The only way you are going to know for certain is to take a pregnancy test.  If you are in fact pregnant, it is important to see your Dr. fairly quickly, as pregnancy after tubal ligation does run a higher risk of tubal pregnancy.  Best of luck to you.
i can't be much of help but i know how you feel i have a boyfriend that is 5 months older then me and has no kids of his own and i have 3 kids already and it is wrecking our relationship cause i can't have any more kids and it hurts,but trying too find a way too get them untied is a pain i don't have much money too untie my tubes, or find a doctor who can take medical too cover it for me too have more kids.

Jill
i had a tubal ligation almost nine years ago and i wish i hadnt. I have two beautiful boys. they tell me everyday they would like a brother or a sister. God knows what is best though so if he wants me to have another one he will let me. i Hope he does. so God bless and thank him for the miracles that you have, even if it seems like a struggle, children are a blessing.
I can truely understand what you are saying.  I am 37 yrs old my youngest is 13 I had my tub tied twice 2 months after him and then 5 years later they came a loose and my ex-husband suggested getting them retied and of course thinking marriage is forever did it out of love for him.  I was thinking I would be with my first husband for ever however, it ended in devoice when my son was 6.  I am now remarried I desire with all my heart to have one child by my husband now.  I wouldn't tell anyone women to have tubal ligation because you never know when you want another and can't because of the tubal ligation and reverse is to much $$$$.  I am currently 4 days late no period yet inwhich I am 26-28 cycle like clock work.  I hoping and praying it is a positive pregnacy test.  
Have you had any symptoms of pregnancy? If so for how long? I had my tubes clamped 5 years ago due to the fact my hubby (now my ex) didnt want anymore children. Usually my PMS symptoms are similiar to pregnancy symptoms and can start two weeks before I am due but cease when I start. This time they are worse and have lasted long after I have finished. I have had my last three periods but they have not been normal. I have been told it could be the start of menopause. I get blood test results back today. Here's hoping that its not menopause, I dont believe it to be.
I am 44 yrs old and a mother to 6 children with my oldest being 26 1/2 and my youngest being 10 1/2. i am also a g.ma to 3 with 2 more on the way, my issue is that i had my tubes cut/seared/clamped back in 2002 i think the whole works cuz i am way to fertile. Any ways i am now 18 days late and yes i know the whole menapausal thing but i have absolutley no symtoms (symptoms) for that. After my last period dec. 3 i guess during my ovulation time my breasts got severely sore and THEY NEVER DO OR DID BEFORE. I dont care if i am going into menapause becuz i hv had no preefects but i am terrified of being pregnant at my age even though i am healthy.
Hi my name is Erica and I'm going to be 37 next week I had a laparoscopic tubal ligation done 10 years ago and since then I had a regular period up into like 3 or 4 months ago when I started to get my period twice a month I spoke with my Gyn and he said that it was normal because he said I have a 28 day cycle even tho I told him I get it 8 days straight 3 of those days heavy and 5 regular then it stops for 2 or 3 days and then starts again the same way..I have my period days marked on my fone and it's always accurate..now I was supposed to get my period yesterday and it didn't come down my breast are sore but then again they been sore for a few weeks I'm a smoker and this morning I could smoke with out this strong nausea I threw up three times and now every time I try to smoke I get nauseated..the last time I felt this way was when I was pregnant with my first child who's already 19..is it possible that I'm pregnant after ten years?? Some one pleaseeeee help me figure this out pleaseeeeeee..
My tubes has been tide for four years but nw im feeling like im pregneant but i had a two day period this month and my period last for five days every month so is it a chance i could be pregnant
I had my tubes tied almost 2 years ago I so want another baby but hubby doesn't but does I was 26 when the doctor tied my tubes I am now 28 I looked into a tubal reversal and it will cost 4550 - 4800. I took 6 HPT's and all have a faint positive went to the doctor and they took blood and did a urine test both came out negative don't know what to do all my friends and family thinks I am crazy I have 4 boys their ages are 8 , 4 , 3 and 22 months old I just want to have another baby. I came from a big family 7 brothers and sisters 3 nephews and 2 nieces and my baby fever is kicking my butt I so regret getting my tubes tied.
My tubs have been tied for 21 years nd I've missed my period for 3 months now nd I feel pregnant what should I do
Hey  Mandie 8425 if you find that out please let me know...
Hi I've had my tubes tied n burned but I'm now 8 weeks preg my Dr says I won't carry the baby over twelve weeks now I'm scared I'm going to lose it
I had my tubes tied 5 years ago me and my husband want another baby so bed I have felt sick to my stomach for 3 days now is it possible that I might be pregnant? Someone please help me
I hand my tude tied 15 years ago like a dummie I regretted from day one. Every month for a lest 13 years I prayed to God let this be the month I conceived and have a healthy baby. Every month I get my period I pray so hard and long for this. And I know it's a slim chance just praying for a miracle everyday . I pray all time for women not to do this you will regret it later on in life. I'm be 43 three this month this all I pray god will allowed this to be the year I become pregnant. Asking you'll to pray for me it hurts allot and I lot of you'll know how it feel. And I will pray for you'll thanks Unspeakable Joi
Hello Joi

I had a tubal done 22 years ago, after having 3 beautiful  boys, but definately couldnt handle having any more kids with my now ex.  I remarried 4 years ago to a wonderful man, he doesn't have any children of his own. We have both been praying for a miracle ever since we married. I am 2 and a half months overdue for my period, and have all the symptoms of being pregnant, nauseous, can't smoke either, makes me sick, very tired, breasts swollen and tender. I dont have any pain in my side or shoulder etc , scared of a tubal pregnancy.  I know last year I  had a miscarriage, so , I figure if it got past the tubes that time, no reason why it can't get past again. Getting a pregnancy test on wednesday. I am praying for you too Joi

Chrys
Congratulations!
My fiance and I are getting married either this week or next and I have children who he has all but adopted, but he has none of his own to carry out his legacy. I experienced light spotting today, a week before my period. I have been really tired, and moody too. I have had a few odd cravings-like an ice cold fountain drink or a pulled pork sandwich from SUBWAY-but nothing that would make me think anything until now. Should I get my hopes up? I really want to have his children, but I too underwent tubal litigation 7 years ago and I have been afraid that I would not be able to have his little ones.  
I am praying with you. I know how scary and hard it is for you to want to give him a child and the fear of not being able to do so. God bless you. I pray that he opens your womb and gives you all a child.
I had my tube tied almost four years ago now im a month late in my period can i be pregnant?
Hi Im 45 years old. My period came on twice this month Sept.. I had my tubes tied and burned for 17 years. Could I have had been pregnant?? My breast are ver sore and producing milk.. I'm worried!!
I am about to be 41 yrs old in December. I have 3 children, ages ranging from almost 21 to about to be 11. I had a tubal ligation done in 2003, to where my only tube was clamped. I had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured in 2001 and then a miscarriage in 2003. Recently i had not been engaging in sexual intercourse up until July. Since then i have not had a period. This month makes 4 months. Im experiencing all kinds of pregnancy syptoms (symptoms). No syptoms (symptoms) of menopause. Is it possible that i may be pregnant after all these years? Oh and my tube was clamped. Not tied or burnt. Please help. Im worried because of my past history.    
-Melanie J.
I had my tubes tied  @ 10 years ago my periods have been regular since except in sept it came 9days early and then again in oct 6 days early and here I am now 9 days before it should come and I have the early pinkness when I wipe meaning it's coming earlier yet again been having tender breasts strange feelings in my abdominal area kind of fluttery at times lower backache headaches very emotional sick at my stomach  dizziness feeling like I'm gonna pass out when I stand up always hungry but get nauseated when I eat or even try anyone familiar with any of this
Awwww i feel the same i ways 23 after my 3 kid i was yung so i did it now im 28 matrice now Prays for one
I have to say to all of you that are trying and do want babies I Hope you all get a miracle and get the baby you want. to the lady who lost your baby at 31 days after birth I am so sorry. there is no words to help after the loss of an infant or any child for that matter. I pray in my heart that you get your rainbow baby. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts. I know how it feels to want to have a baby so bad after a tubal it is so frustrating. My family all pressured me into mine I wish I hadn't listened to them now.
My tubes have been clamped for 13 yrs and I'm late on period. Took a pee test came out negative. What should I do?
I real want a baby my youngest is 12 ,Ive had my tubes cut and tied since then I live in New Zealand, I want to know if theres a hospital that can reverse this procedure for me to become pregnant
do you know iam having the same feeling i can be to but i don't know because i'am feeling very sick .did you wen't to the doctor and what they said can you pleases tell me
I had my tubes tied/cut/carterized 11 Years ago after my 4th child. I am now 41 years old and I am 5 months pregnant...naturally.  Although I am extremely excited it was quite a shock. My new husband has never had any children of his own so just 2 years ago I got a referral to a Dr. to reverse the tubal. After my Dr. explained the procedure I had had and how unlikely the success rate would be for a reversal I just kinda forgot about it. We were'nt trying to get pregnant but were not taking any precautions to prevent it because it was "impossible". I guess not. lol.  
I know it was meant to be and i hate to even question it but HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?? No one at my Dr. office can really explain except for to say that it happens more often than you would know.  I've got a baby being born in April and another going off to college in August. This is definitely going to be a life changer. This is my crazy life and Im so thankfull for it!!  :-)
I had my tubes tide about 5yrs ago, for the past 4wks I have been having abdominal pains and lost of appetite, also been nauseous and throwing up off and on... I have lost about 10lbs unintentionally... everyday it's been going on for weeks this is getting old...
I don't think you are crazy.  The procedures are not 100%.  there is a 1.6 chance of still getting pregnant in the first three years after your tubal and it goes up to 1.8% after 3 years.  It is not common but happens more frequently than people think. 1 or 2 women out of a thousand will become pregnant.
Also I am having all the same thoughts as you.  I had my tubal 2.5 yrs ago and now I am having symptoms. I went to the dr. to see if something was wrong, like a cyst, appedicitus or something and he is running a bunch of blood tests.  Among them is a pregnancy test.  Although we felt our family was complete part of me wonders if I am feeling more than I am out of some unknown desire for another?  but I am feeling nauseous, pressure on my abdomen is really uncomfortable, I have been going pee more often, I had a period but it was a lot shorter than normal and somehow I just "feel" pregnant again.  
I don't trust blood tests or pregnancy tests because when I was pregnant with my daughters they didn't and couldn't find out I was pregnant unless I had an ultrasound done. I fought with my doctor for 6 months before he said I will prove you wrong, and to his surprise I was right I was 6 and a half months pregnant.  Everybody's body responds to pregnancy differently. I had a tubal ligation done 10 and a half years ago and I have had 3 miscarriages because doctors don't care and they don't listen. You know your body better than anyone if you think something is not right ask for an ultrasound blood tests and pregnancy tests don't always work.
32f tubal ten yrs ago cycle always normal except this past October I was 7days late no cycle all of November here it is December and I am 12days late no symptoms of pregnancy but with my other 3 I didn't have symptoms at first I was just always tire. Like I am now I don't think I'm pregnant its been ten yrs kinda scared to go to the doc....confused mother of 3
I'm a week late on my period I've been gaining weight stomach is really round and hard everyone says since my tubes are tied it won't live wat can I do
Hi. I'm a 35 year old mother of 2.For the past 4or 5 months, I have been having pergnant symptoms. Breast really sore,movement in my belly,gained 30lbs,and pain in my lower back,and both sides of my tummy.I had my tubal done in Jan.2004.I have had some of my friends feel my belly and one of my friends said she could feel something in there.I hope i'm pergnant cause i would sure love to have a little girl to compelete my family. I was pushed into having my tubes tired,by my family and in-laws.Also my hubby doesn't want anymore kids.I hope the good lord above will bless me with a gift.I do want this so bad. I go to the obgyn on the 6th of Jan. and hoping they will do a ultsound on me cause i have missed to cycles as well with the other things going on with me.I see all of your post on here and see it's possible to become pregnant after tubal.So i'm keeping my hope up that i'm one of those women to get that wish. Thanks all. Good luck and god bless.
I have also taken 3 hpts and they all came up neg.Two of them i bought,and the other one i had done at dr.office.
I am going thru the same thing you are.. I am 38 years old n am late on my period..  I had a tubal in 2001.. I have 4 kids n would love to have one more now that i am with a very good loving guy.. I am having symptoms like sore tender heavy feeling breast nasueated extreme tiredness but have not took test yet... Plz help me thru this also.. May God bless you n answer ur questions n prayers..
I had my tubes burnt 10 months ago when I had a C-section. my periods have pretty regular starting every 30-32 days. But now I have not had my period since Nov.28th. I really didn't think a whole lot about it until I started searching the other night and now have read SEVERAL stories where women have still gone on to get pregnant.
I also had a tubal 12 years ago. My tubes were tied, cut and cauterized. I am now almost 42 and 6 months pregnant with a healthy baby girl. I have a child heading off to FSU this year and a baby on the way. CRAZY!! I am extremely excited to start this adventure all over again but it was an absolute shock. I honestly didn't even think it was possible but in just my Dr. office alone there is another pregnant mama that had her tubes tied. I'm thinking the odds aren't quite what the surgeons suggest they are.
My tubal took place Aug 21, 1998...my youngest is 16 in May and my two oldest are both in college this fall.  I've heard the failure rate increases every year after clips inserted for tubal.  At times, I've pondered what it would we like.  Now that I am experiencing symptoms I had with my last daughter's pregnancy, I'm thinking of buying a test to be sure.  What were your earliest symptoms and when did you experience them?  Good luck and blessings to you and yours!
Ceth39
what happened?
I am now 2 months late. I took 2 home pregnancy tests back on Jan16th and 20th. Both came out negative. What is really strange is I have been really regular since my Tubal ligation on March 14, 2013.Now no period since Nov. 28th 2013. I am getting ready to take another test soon.
Thanks for sharing. I had the same procedure done 9years ago and I am 3 days late so I'm hoping I'm pregnant.
I am almost 36 I had my tubes clamped 11 years ago and my periods have been so regular you can set your clock by it. I am now 1week late. I have nausea, fatigue, bloating, and cravings.....I know the probability of pregnancy is very slim.....and I think I'm to young for menopause can someone please help me?
very long time amicrazy777. Any update regarding that one pregnancy  issue?
it is almost two months now since i order a pregnancy spell cast on me from this +2348165061583 or ***@**** i saw in a website on how he help a couple to get pregnant and i contacted him which i started seeing changes on my body since the first week of last month and it two months and i am carrying my own baby in my womb i am so happy that i finally get pregnant after all i have been through. contact him for any problems you are having, he will surely provide you a solution, All thanks be to him
it is almost two months now since i order a pregnancy spell cast on me from this +2348165061583  i saw in a website on how he help a couple to get pregnant and i contacted him which i started seeing changes on my body since the first week of last month and it two months and i am carrying my own baby in my womb i am so happy that i finally get pregnant after all i have been through. contact him for any problems you are having, he will surely provide you a solution, All thanks be to him
My tubes been tied for 8 years now. Unfortunate I did not want them tied in the first place but due to all my children born premature and via c-section the Doctor said I HIGHLY recommend a Tubal Ligation. I still wasn't OK with it but my HUSBAND at the time said go ahead. My cycle normally comes every 28 days well starting in Nov. it came on Thanksgiving the 28th then in December it came on Christmas the 25th then for January it came on my 40th Birthday 22nd and February it came a little more early and came on Valentines Day. So here we go MARCH no Holiday nor Birthdays and according to my last cycle I am 5 days late. Not to mention in February I notice after my cycle I had a little pinkish discharge I went to the Doctor to check for STD's and that was all NEGATIVE so I continued on. But now my breast is so tender I couldn't even wear a BRA to work today. I been having unprotected sex with my fiance every since he proposed in October. I have 3 grandkids, 4 kids and now 2 stepdaughters and he do not want kids at all. I'm having mixed emotions and so nervous right now. I do not know what to do...
i have had my tubes tied and i think burned also not sure 10 yrs ago i have pain on my left side could i possibly be pregnant again? i had nausea 2 days now.
Hello, I am 38 years old and had my tubal 17 years ago. I am a grandmother of two. When my latest grandchild was born 17 month ago I got every stinking sign of pregnancy including the missed period for like 2 months. I was freaking out. Went to the doctor and determined it was just hormones. Shewww. Now my last period (not trying to be gross) was extremely thick and lasted seven days verses my normal 5. I'm getting older so I figured it's just my uterus cleaning itself out real good. Anyway, On Sunday (homemade biscuit and Gravy day) I took a bite and about vomited. Could not eat it at all. My breast are feeling full and weird and I have had major bloating and gas. I stay sick to my stomach most of the day but noticed it's not as bad if I eat smaller meals. I have bouts of extreme moodiness and am tired all the time. However, it's the not being able to eat biscuits and gravy that is really bothering me and making me wonder if I am pregnant. I hope not, I am too old but I love being a mom and it would truly be a miracle if I was. It could just be the start of menopause. I am due to start again in a week or so, I guess then we will see. I wish you all the luck, and remember everything happens for a reason.
i'm going through the same thing at 44 yrs old and i'm having a tubal preg. but because is in my stomach and not on my utteres the test are neg. so they don't do nothiong and i'm a high risk preg with all my 5 kids
I had a tubal ligation done in 2009 after numerous miscarriages. I also had polystic ovaries with endometriosis. Lately, I don't feel myself-very moody, tired, exhausted and emotional. I skipped my period now for almost two months and really busy freaking out for the possibility of being pregnant. I have nausea, vommitting, back aches and the whole tootie galore of pregnancy. The smallest thing irritates me and just can't stand being around food. I am afraid of doing a test or even go see a doctor. I want to be but also very fearful of finding out it is not so. Please anyone , is it possible or is it just my mind playing games?
I had my tubes tied 10 years ago after I had my daughter. For about a month I've been having pain in my belly button. Last night I notice I have a sting hanging from my belly button. What is it?
Iam almost 40 yrs old, and ive been having symptoms of pregnancy, I too had my tubes tied for 15 yrs now. Iam scared to do a test or go to the doctors because I really want to be pregnant and dont want to deal with the disappointment if im not,  so what other possibilities can cause these symptoms
Wow thats good news anything possible . Im trusting in god that im pregant with a healthy baby or twins my tubes been tied 7yrs. And  I been having cramps and tender breast for 2wks right af r er my period. Smh very strange.
I am 32 years old and I had my tubal ligation done 11 years ago My periods are always normal 7 days long infact. September I had 2 periods. One at the begining of the month and one at the end of the month, the 29th to be exact and it only lasted 4 days. My breasts began to feel as if they were lactating twice that month as well and when I squeezed them clear sticky stuff came out just like when I was pregnant with my first child. I disregarded that and them October came along and no period at all. I thought that since I bled into october that it would count as my october period but I downloaded an app to help me with the calculations because I thought I should start on Nov 1. The app said I should have began my period on October 27th and that never happened, According to the app I am 18 days late, I am tired all the time, I pee alot, I always want hot wings and I get acid reflux alot and I am always cold. Last time I was always cold I was anemic and I was pregnant with my second child, I get little cramps here and there alternating both sides of my lower pelvic region, Could I be pregnant? I took a dollar store test on monday that came back negative but my boyfriend thinks it was too cheap to be accurate
Are you pregnant what ended up happening???
Viewing 201-264 comments: