Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
pregnant AGAIN??! 7 weeks post partum!

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

pregnant AGAIN??! 7 weeks post partum!

So hubby and i got caught in the moment at 3 weeks pp. Unprotected sex and he did not pull out. At 5 weeks pp was feeling off took 2 tests using first morning urine both were negative. Another week goes by, still feeling off took another test. Super faint positive. Assumed it was left over hormones or faulty test. 2 days later- negative after drinking 2 big cups of water. After 2 more days i decided to take a digital expecting to see a negative but just to double check before i drank this weekend. 3 minutes later...it says YES+.

Am i pregnant again?! If i had 2 negatives at 5 weeks post partum that means hormones were completely out of my system right? Which would make this a new pregnancy?? Should i abstain from drinking?

Please dont lecture me on how i was supposed to wait 6 weeks i am freaking out stressed enough and i KNOW i was supposed to wait i just got caught in the moment. I have to reschedule my 6 week check up (was supposed to be yesterday but couldnt make it) so i am looking for suggestions.
Yeah, it's more than likely a new pregnancy. Having had negatives means that the hcg is out of your system or at very low levels not detectable by a hpt. Many women show up to their six week post partum check up pregnant. I've had a few friends that this happened to. Congrats, mama!
I would ask your doc for a test
It's so Much easier to get pregnant right after giving birth. Omg if you are will you keep it ???
So when i reschedule my appointment, should i tell them i had a positive pregnancy test already? Or just wait until i go in? I never had a first pp period so i have no clue how far along i could be because after that first time we did it 3 more times (protected and on bc)
Lanis of course we will keep it. While it was totally unplanned, life happened so all i can do is deal with it. I will then have 3 kids under 3. I have a toddler who turns 2 the 26th. Newborn will be 7 weeks on tuesday. :/
Best of luck to you . Atleast all your babies will be close in age
Lanismommy- yes we will. As much as i really am not ready for another baby, i have no other choice. I am pregnant, all i can do is deal with it.
Lanismommy- thank you.
After my 2nd me n my bf made it til 2 wks unprotectd surprizd i neva gt caught
Haha! Oh my...well in that case, yes when you call to reschedule you should let them know and they will prob get you in sooner to make sure you and baby stay healthy!
When you go to the doctor don't say anything , wait for them to confirm it . Hopefully your body is strong enough & ready for another baby so soon
Omg i think congratulations are in order. Keep us updated.
Lanis they will not automatically do a pregnancy test because they prescribed bc right before i left the hospital. So i have to ask them to test me which will be awkward whereas i dont believe it will be AS awkward if i disclose it when i reschedule and they may schedule an ultrasound to give me a due date. Ultrasounds have to be scheduled in advance
Psrivs- thank you
You could also call and leave the nurse a message and tell her what's going on. They will be able to get you in sooner and give you any information you might need.
Oh wow congratulations and good luck
You need to tell your doctor because it can be dangerous for your body. And you have a higher risk of miss carriage. Stop taking birth control right away and make a doc app asap
Omg your bloke pulling out isn't going to stop you getting pregnant you no only birth control and condoms are going to be able to stop you getting pregnant and if you just had a baby this should have been explained to you
Babycoco- he did not pullout the one time it was unprotected. But i know it is possible to get pregnant regardless of what form of birth control i use.

I. Will be calling monday for an appt and possibly going to ER this weekend, as i just had blood streaks in cervical mucus and am cramping but believe i had implantation bleeding about 3 weeks ago.
Ok good luck
Thank you
yes you should let them know so you can start back taking prenatals if you stopped and  just to get the new confirmation of pregnancy!
How does Ur body feel...???... After having a baby weeks bfire I would feel drained... Plus I was in a similar situation where I gave birth in march2012 n fell preggo like ending may/June... (One ah dem monthsim 35+ weeks) so if u want... Trust me u can... Keep us up to date
So far i feel ok. Kind of crampy but not exhausted. Actually im finding it hard to nap. (Not feeling well today have a sore throat) otherwise i feel great! :)