Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
pregnant after having a tubal ligation.

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

pregnant after having a tubal ligation.

I had my tubes tied in 2005. I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant. The doctor ar the e.r wants me to take a pill to end the pregnancy even though they think I am about 3 weeks and have not found a baby anywhere yet. Has anyone gotten pregnant after having a tubel? Or do you know the chances that this baby may be viable. How long can I wait before I have to react. I do not want to end a pregnancy if I do not know if it is ok. Anyone have any words of advice.
My friend had her tubes tied around a year and a half ago and at 8:00am yesterday she had a beautiful 5 lb 11oz baby girl!!! no complications at all~ Hope this helps!    My moms friend had hers tied and got pregnant she then repeted that 2 more times!
I've known several women who have had tubes tied & then became pg & the babies were healthy too!!!! Good Luck!!!
personally, i'd wait until they can tell you for sure that the baby didn't implant in your uterus. that would be around 6 weeks, i'd think. I definitely don't think i'd be ending at 3 weeks. you may want to go see the physician who tied your tubes and see what he/she things.
My Husband and I want to get pregnant again BUT I have had my tubes tied after his vasectomy failed 4yrs. ago.Can I still get pregers?We can't afford the ubal reversal. :)
                        Thank You,
                                         Kori
                                                ***@****
FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME!!!
anything is possible! had my tubes tied almost 7 yrs ago, i fell back in june and had cracked ribs, went to the ER and they said we cant xray you because you are preg! I almost fainted......you see cause I wanted to have my tubes reversed in a few yrs.  I just figured it was too expensive and look at me know.......i am about 8 or 9 weeks dont know for sure cause i didnt keep track of my period!  I think that your body has a way of "healing" itself. My tubes must have grown back together....amazing! good luck!
I was wondering if anyone experienced this or have any info. My friend had her tubes tied, burnt and clipped and she was wondering if she wanted more children in the future would IVF work for her she had her tubes tied now for 1 1/2 years now.....

Thanks for any Info...............................
yeah i think it would still work because they only cut her tubes so her ovaries still work so i think that she would be able to have ivf,
I am 39 and had my tubes tied a little over 5 years ago.  My husband and I want to have a baby now but cannot afford the tubal reversal.  If they would have told me at the time that insurance will NOT pay for the reversal I would NOT have done it!!!!!!  We are trying anyway!  We bought an ovulation test kit and are going to take our chances.  We keep hearing about all these women who have had their tubes tied and still get pregnant, so why cant it happen to us!!  We just need lots of prayers!!  
i had ny tubes tired three years ago an didnt have my period can i be having a baby
i everyone i had my tubes tied in 2007 and me and my boyfriend wants kids with each other so can my tubes come untied after that long
i had my tubs tide for about 3yeras and me and my hubby wont to have a baby what can we do so we can have a baby asap can you help us what can we do we will do any thinkin to make a baby help us                                                                     monica
i had my tubes tied burened the the and snipped 17years ago my husband wants a beby is it possible for me to get pregnant or have a tubal reversal
I%2BHAD%2BMY%2BTUBES%2BDONE%2B3%2BYEARS%2BAGO%2BGOT%2BPREG%2BMARCH%2BLAST%2BYEAR%2BHAD%2BA%2BMC%2BDUE%2BTO%2BAN%2BTRANS%2BVAGINAL%2BUS%2BAND%2B4%2BMONTHS%2BLATER%2BGOT%2BPREG%2BAGAIN%2BDUE%2BTO%2BGIVE%2BBIRTH%2BTO%2BA%2BBEAUTIFUL%2BHEALTHY%2BLIL%2BBOY%2BIN%2BMAY
I had my tubes tied 4 years ago and had a blood test done today for pregnancy [ should have gotten the results stat] in the meantime I have been doin research and the studies all seem to agree 1.4-2% can get pregnant after a tubial and the odds go up if its been longer than ten years since your tubial.  So toeveryone who is hoping and looking for the odds there they are.  Best of luck to you all
Had tubes tied in 98 now iam getting sick and very tied and moody its only been a week when should take test pls let me knw asap
You need to at least wait until your next period is due, or at a minimum of 2 weeks from the previous sexual encounter to take a test.
My doctor told me after seven years,there is a possibility that I could get pregnant. What are mt chances? does anyone know?
Very low. It depends on the procedure done, but since ligation is meant to be permanent, it's unlikely you will. The odds are estimated at 1-1.8% failure rate after 10 years.
I had a tubal a year ago... About two month ago a had a flu virus and the doctor ask me when i had my last period. I told her that for the past 3 month i had my period twice a month.... So she asked me if i could be pregnant. I told her that i had my tb so she just said never mind but i still should see a gyno. Unfortunatley with 2 little kids and my crazy schedule at my job i didnt have the chnace to go now a month and 15 days later i completley missed my period. And my breast feel sore Im scared cause honestley i cant afford another baby but i would never be able stop the pregn. I havent done the test yet. Could i be pregnant or its just my crazy body playing tricks on me?! Alexandra p
I had a tubal 12 years ago. I am now 2 weeks late. I have been really nauseas and tired lately. plus I have to pee constantly. I havent taken a test yet but am hoping this is just a fluke...
Hi, I am going through the same thing. I had a tubal nine yrs ago and I could swear I am pregnant Well called the Dr and she says 1 out of 150 result in failure after seven yrs. I am gonna wait until my period comes before testing I hope I am my husband and I was gonna have a reversal done next yr so Did you find out if you were expecting?
I had my tubes tied after the birth of my last child whos now 13 yrs old. 4 yrs after having the tl i got pregnant, but it had attached to the back of my uterus and had to be removed. I then had my tl redone. Now almost 9 yrs later i am 2 wks late for my period wich never happens. My period comes like clock work. My boobs are killin me, im constantly crampy n have a never ending back ache. Is there any possibility i could be pregnant? I wouldnt be heartbroken due to being in a new relationship and he has no children of his own n would love jus 1 child. I would love to give that gift to him and he wants me to be pregnant but i just dont think its possible
Wow this so so crazy I had my tubes tied like 15 years ago I am not sure what type of tubal ligation I had but its kinds scary to think I still could get pregnant. I wish there was a way the dr. could tell me if mine are still tied or not. I have had a few scares and every month I wonder. Congradulations on your baby. truelly a miracle I watch that show I didnt know I was pregnant now that show is very crazy kinda unbelievable.
I HAD MY TUBES TIED IN FEB OF 2005 AND MY HUSBAND AND I WANT TO HAVE ANOTHER BABY SO BAD. IT WAS A HUGE MISTAKE HAVING MY TUBES TIED. I REGRET IT EVERYDAY. I AM PRAYING THAT BY THE GRACE OF GOD THAT HE BLESSES US WITH ANOTHER BABY. PLEASE PRAY FOR US. THANKS
I had my tubes tied 13 years ago and am experiencing pregnancy symptoms. When I called my doctor to make an appointment I was asked if I could be pregnant. When I told the lady on the phone my tubes were tied, she told me it didnt matter because tubes can come untied. I've been sick to my stomach, breasts have been overly tender, my "period" was anything but normal, running to the bathroom to pee everytime I turn around...I just dont feel right. I'm having an ultrasound done tomorrow before I see the doctor. I'm hoping I'm pregnant, but I'm not going to get too excited just yet.
I am having a lot of symptoms of a pregant women I have not had my period in almost 3months boobs sore and I want food that I wouldn't eat be4......some1 give me some answers please tubes tied 4 almost 8years now  
I had my tubes tied .15 years ago can I still get pregnant
i had a tubal 5yrs ago after having my 4th child. my husband and i talk about reversal and ivf often but neither one are guaranteed.but I've missed my period the last three months spotted a lil once or twice. took several over the counter test and their all negative. but i feel this lump in my lower belly and after bearing four children, i kno what *flutters* are and i do believe i am about 16wks pregnant... if this is true, (ill be making a ob apt to confirm) i will be back to let you kno if im a statistic of tubal failure!
With Christ all things are possible. God gives life, we should want his will for our lives and if a baby is in his plans for any of you. then it is so.
Be blessed remember God is concern about us and our wants and need. In do season.....
I had a baby girl 2 months ago and i had the tl done......i was told that there is a chance pregnency could occur.  Esp right after giving birth due to hormones.  It would be awesome to give my husband the son he wantsn. I myself have a boy and a girl with different guys.  But the two i have with my husband are both girls....i been feeling very queasy and want to eat everything in sight.  So nervous.
I had my tubes tide an I think burn as well for 13 years. I being having regular periods.. But for the month of october it has being worrieng me.. Is almost the end of the month an no period.. I don't know if it just me thinking tomuch of it I could be pregnant I even stop exercising.. Can I be pregnant..
My tubes been tied 4 years and I pray to God im blessed with a baby im in a new relationship and he is wonderful with my kids and we thinking hard about getting married things falling in place and if God dnt give us. Bby I knw he blessed us to be together as a family pray for us and I will do the same thanks God bless
I just got my tubs tide like 6mouths ago now iam having real bad lower right back pain could i be pegnant
hey my tubes been tird for 7 yrs now and the last 2 monthes my period came on time but this month mt period ids two days late iv ejust been spotting and then it will stop i started feeing  alittle cramp today and just knew i was gona come on but i didnt cause usely when i cramp i come on for good  the cramping stoped and the spotting im preeing alot  having weird crvings could i be pregnant
OMG.......Am soooooo happy for you i had mines done 3 years ago and am praying to get pregmant
13 years ago I had my tubes tied because I was 19 with three kids. Now I'm wanting another baby anyone know about what my chances are of getting pregnant
Its been 11mnths today that I have had my tubes cut and tied via csection.. I did the procedure because in the state of texas drs can onli perform 4 csections and well I have 5 beautiful amazing children nd have had 4 csections and 1 vaginal.. my boyfriend and I want another child but the way I see it God does things for a reason.. If you get pregnant and its healthy well God Bless to you and your family on the blessing . As for those who are waiting dnt give up and just keep faith.. It may take time or it may not.. Its Gods choice .. Good Luck and God Bless to all!!
Hi, im 26 and I got my tubes cut and burnt two yrs ago. And I did it for all the wrong reasons. Even though I have 3 great kids I would love to have 1 more.
Hi im 34and had a Tl in 2006...im having symptoms of preg..but test came back neg...i have two children already and did not test pisitive til nine weeks with both...my menstral has been off for the last two months...this month was only one day...i.ve had nausea gained 10lbs in the last month..feet and had has been swelling...breast hurts and have been leaking fluid..idk what to do...i feel like im going crazy
Had a tubal done 10 years ago after 4th child via csection ...all has been normal till last period..very light for me...I normally bleed very heavy ....last period just spotting...now I have headaches..back cramps..pelvic pain..lots of nausea ....sight of food makes me want to hack...and lost 5-7lbs...not sure what to think
i also had a tubal 12yrs ago. i have not had my cycle this month. is it possible i could be pregnant? how long should i wait before taking a test?

kwatson
Back in 2006 i had a tubal pregnancy on my left tube and in 2010 i had my other tube tied is there still a chance that i can get  pregnant again? E mail me at ***@****, for my answers thanx dearly, Angelina Contreras
I had my tubes tied for almost 3 yrs now n my bf wants to have a baby wit me but my tubes are tied is dea any chances I can get preg n if so how long does it take n wat do I have to do?? Sum1 plz help me
i had my tubal ligation done in 2005, my last menstrual was on  3-8-12 had can i be pregnant?
Hi i have had my tied for 17 years and me and my hubby want a baby we have 4 now and there are 26,23,20,17 so what do u think
I had my tubes tied just about 2 yrs ago.....Today is July 11 and my last MP was on April 28.....I have never missed a period unless I was PG in the past.....I swear I have been feeling little nudges in my lower abdomen and I have been very nausea's lately..... Every time I have gone to the Doctor they ask if I could be PG and I say no way, I had a TL.....Maybe I should take a test and get it over with....
I had my tubes tied March 7,2010..and I haven't had a period since early March....I have all the symptoms of being pregnant now this will be my 6th child....the whole reason of why I wanted my tubes tied!!!!!...I know God does things for reasons but lord have mercy!!!!! Have a doctors appt Friday so wish me luck
I had my tubs cut burnt tied 7 yrs ago and I'm 2 wks late could I be pregnant
I'm 37 and had my tubal 10 and 1/2 years ago after the c-section delivery of my second child.
My period is now nearly two weeks late....I've only been late twice before and have two children to prove it.  I'm suffering an almost constant dull ache in my lower back and occasional, mild abdominal cramping, along with a headache that just won't go away.  To top that off, my face is broken out in a way that it only does when I'm pregnant (I'm not one of those girls that "glow" during pregnancy).
I've read posts all over this site from women claiming the same symptoms and asking the same questions, but none of them ever come back to say "yay" or "nay".  I wish someone would tell me how their story ended.  Should I be shopping for a crib...or preparing my 37-year-old self for hot flashes?
IT is possible
YES IT IS POSSible that you can be preganant youmay h9old the bby
I had my.tubes tied clippedand burn they came aloose.and Igot pregnant.  
How many yrs were your tubes clipped, burned, and tied before you got pregnant? I had the same thing done in April 2010 but would love to have another baby.
hi im feeling the has you im 43 had my clips done 10 yrs ago but  ive got all the feeling off been pregant ive got the cramping and stiches when i move fast i feel tired all the timk e :( which isnt like me at all i normally work over50 hrs and dont feel this tired :( and feeling sick been sick when i smell stronge smells or stronge food :) but it gos off around 930 then i feel better .......  my daughter asked me yesturday if you wasnt clipped wot would you say the answer to that is im preganat :( my headsaying 1 thing my body another my head is over the place add me on fb lorraine richardson from scunthorpe i would like to know the out come 4 you xx
i dont Knw who to turn to.I had my Tubes TYed when i had my last child in 2007.I am 41 and have 4 kids ,youngest 5,oldest 26.I was Raped at 15 so I kept my child point is ,I HAVE HAD MY PERIODS EVERY MONTH and I HAVE BEEN ALONE FOR 5yrs,FOUND SOMEONE GREAT AND NOW I THINK IM 8-10 wks,THATS HOW LATE I AM.DO YOUU  KNOW ANYONE WHO COULD TALK,OR HELP ME.I CANT HAVE A CHILD AGAIN!
it is possible but not likely my tubes have been tied for 17 years and i keep praying everyday that i will get pg the doc say it is 1 in 300 woman that can get pg but good luck to u
I had a tubal ligation 14 months ago, after my son was born. I had a period every month around the same time up until 4 months ago. I missed my period for 2 months almost and now just a light spotting that last maybe a day. I have noticed more Vaginal discharge over the past couple days. I have taken to home test. the first one was a faint second line (thought maybe the evap line) and the second one was neg. I have been really sick this past week, which is something that normally never happens. Im really confused on this and was wondering if anyone had any advise or any similar things happening.
Hi,my name Amy and me and my
Husband we want to have a baby. But I have my tube just tied and it's been since 2005.. We want a baby bad.. So do you think that we can still have a baby!???? Plzzzzz email me at ***@****
Hi jam 31 yrs old and I have a baby 2yrs ago. I have been breastfeeding my son since birth. I was getting my period off and on for a while. Then I started getting it regularly for about five months on time. And now this month it didn't come I have been feeling a lil sick. I am one wi late. Do I test or is it normal. Could I be pregnant.  Please help I already have five children. Four boys and one girl.
Hi again. I got one of my tubes cut in 2005. I got pregnant in February of 2006. Healthy baby girl. I pregnant again in 2010 in February had a healthy baby boy got the other tube cut. I have been breastfeeding since he was born. I have been getting my period off and on for over a yr. Just about five months ago it have been coming on time. Last month it didn't come now iam about one wk late could I be pregnant. Should I buy a test.
Hi my name is tasha i am a mother of 3kids (5yr old,7yr old,10yr old) after my son was born sept-20-07  me and my husband decided to get me.fixed i got my.tubes done on oct-31-07 i do not no what the dr did cause he told me and my husband that he cut tied and burnt them but after i got a copy of my medical records it says he only took a tool and clamped them i even looked up what it said he used and it said its like taking a iron and touchingpushing the tubes down for.like 10mins my tubes where never burnt r cut and naw im having all the signs of pregnancy lastnight i took a test and there was a + its crazy but.im waiting to.see if i start but i am going in for a blood test to make sure im hoping yes cause i.want another.baby
I'm 41 had my tubes tied. Had a almost reg. Period. But it's been almost two weeks after my period and I'm feeling tired, having cravings, and flutters. Could being pregnant be possible. Or am I just phantoming it because we (my husband and I ) so want another but reversal is too expensive?
I was tied cut and burned 5 years ago for the last couple of months my period has only lasted 3 days i feel something popping on my right side like something moving can i be pregnant and have no systems please help
I had my tubal ligation (falope rings) done 3 years ago.  We chose it because I had very risky pregnancies and we were told any future pgs would be life-threatening.  Well in the past 3 years I found out about a health condition that had gone undiagnosed, and now that it is treated my health is 100% better and I have a great chance of a healthy pregnancy.  Last month I found out I was pregnant!!!!  However, my hcg never rose above 84 and I miscarried at 5 weeks.  The baby never got large enough to see on ultrasound, so we will never know if it was a tubal pregnancy or a uterine one.  Now my husband and I are trying to decide whether to try again with my body as-is, or to get a tubal reversal.  We don't want to conceive and miscarry over and over if my tube(s) are not allowing a fertilized egg to pass into the uterus...
I lately have been feeling very tired/sleepy sometimes my breast will ache my period in june came on two times in the same month and also its like i ca wipe it be light and i want see anything in the pad until I sit been feeling flutters when i eat I feel even nausea sometimes I can feel the pulse beating hard in my neck I done now had my tubes tied for 7 years and 6 months and 6 days I remember back in 2009 I ws having pain in my abdomen where my period eem like it was trying to come on but didn't until they gave me a white pill to take never asked them what it was but now I just need some answers from a doctor or someone.
I had my tubes tied in Feb, 2011. I was done having children. I have had 4 children so I thought I was done. But in April of this year I lost my 5 year old son to a rare form of brain cancer called DIPG. Now I want another baby! I knw they say that it is next to impossible to get pregnant with your tubes tied. But I know that nothing is impossible For God. I can not afford a reversal or IVF so I just need lots of prayer that god will perform a miracle.
I had my tubes clamp almost 12 yrs ago I have three school age kids, youngest is 12 can I have another child without surgery
If you take the pill to end the pregnancy then you have to take four more pills that will then make the baby come out like if it was your period... i was forced to have an abortion and that's the root i had to take but if there's a possibility you can carry the baby no harm done to both of you that's what i would do because if you take the pills to end it you will be in A LOT of pain
I had my tubes tied 9 years ago and my husband and i want one more.. I can't afford the surgery or ivf plus i just want one more not many more haha.. I wish they would only do tubals for women in emergency cases not a form of both control.. I've seen so many females that have had it done and now want a baby... Is it bc we know in most cases we can't?? But i know for sure i want a another child.. My youngest is 9 yrs and his is 5 months.. I know that don't add up.. Him and i have been together five yrs and he has a 5 month old.. Its not fair..
To the woman that have become pregnant after a tubal without surgery.. Was there anything you did to help you conceive..???
Can i be pregnant its been 15 yrs and i have all the symptbom of pregnant all of it did a test said no but had a tubes cut and burn 15 yrs ago has any one had this happened help me out tell about it anyone went thru this thank u yes i need to go but sacred to g to Dr.if its something else's worry thanks kitty