Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
scared to take a test

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

scared to take a test

Hi just looking for advice and motivation ... im showing all the classic symptoms of early pregncy like increased urinating, missed, period, headache, exhaustion, increased sleeping, breast and nipple soreness ... but im terrifyed of taking a test ... im scared as it may be positive and I may have a miscarriage ... scared that its negative ... scared about what my family will think as im 17 turning 18 in june ... im terrified ... help please ... :(
Honestly , after my miscarriage I kept trying but every time I seen a negative test it hurt thinking I wont get pregnant but I kept trying . I didnt know I was pregnant now went to a regular checkup found out I was around 8 weeks I didnt believe it tested with several different tests . I was scared of every pain to be a miscarriage again but have faith be strong follow the dos and donts and take vitamins and its in gods hands . As for your age I was 16 when I first was pregnant parents werent happy I was still young its expected but theres people that are in there 30s that arent even ready for a baby . It all depends on how you are as a person your goals and determinations in life . They may be upset at first but im sure they will support you and you have everyones support on here as well . Good luck . Take a test . And if positive make an apt with a doctor . Are you ttc?
Please don't take this rudely. But you owe it to yourself, you parents and the possible father to take a test and find out whether you are or not. Are you TTC? If it comes back positive please don't let the statistics and stereotypes of being a teenmom get to you and if it comes back negative use that as a huge sign to get on some form of bc if not already on any
Im just so scared about having one knowing it would kill me ...
I mean im following all the dos and dont folic acid tablets prenatal vitamins the lot and I havnt done atest as im too scared to ...
I mean im mature for my age I know I would be sabe to do my best for the baby as I help a friend with hers ... ill try to pluck up the courage to take a test ... also what does ttc stand for ... x
Whats tt
Trying to conceive ? Are you trying to get pregnant ? You need to know for the health and safety of yourself and the baby
I know im just scared of peoples opinions and having a miscarriage ... im already on birth controle and I have been for a year and a half now ... what is TTC
No I wasnt trying to concieve (conceive) as im on bc ... I have been for year and half
Are you taking it every day and around the same time ?
People can share their opinion everyone is entitled to their opinions but it doesnt make them right .
I take it everyday 7:00-7:15am everyday religously ... I did have tonsillitis about 6-7weeks ago they told me to use extra precautions eg condoms which I use ... the extra protection split ... I thaught I would be ok as I was still taking pill but jow I havnt had my period on the 7day break and im worried as thats never happened and it now results me being 9 days late for my period and im getting classic signs of pregnancy as stated above ... :/
If that's the case it could just be that your cycle has gotten thrown off but to be sure you should test immediately. Its best for you and the baby (if you are pregnant) so then you can start setting and OB. Also i'm going to tell you what I told my 16yr old step sister "if you were going to be so worried about how people would look at you then you shouldn't of laid down" i'm not trying to be harsh but its a little late to be worrying about what people will think. You have to be strong. Buy a test, take a few deep cleansing breathes and then take it. Your mind well be more at ease when you know for sure
I know it doesnt I just dont want to let my family down by being careless ...
You wouldn't be letting them down. Will they be disappointed if you are, yes but they will still love you and the only way you would be letting them down if you are isif you just have up on your goals and stopped pursuing your education. My dad and step mom are disappointed in my step sis but she hasn't let them down. She is still at a 4.0 and on track to graduate early. It won't be the end of the world
Being preggers is scary but its not just about us anymore i would take the test ease your mind i have lost 4 times and docs say it was all due to stress this time I've made it a point to not stress take care of myself and my lil squishy (7weeks) your family will freak a little but they love you and family is forever if your worried what your friends might think don't cuz if they judge you harshly and not support you they really aren't your friends feel what's right in your heart
Granted I would keep the baby ... I would carry on my education as I finish in just I would postpone my vetinary course for a year but I would not give up never ... you say god puts down obsicles for you to see if your strong enough to cope and I supposethis is one ... I will buy a test and get it done ... in my heart I want this baby (if pregnant) to have the best life I could give him or her ...
If my friends dont give me support I know where they can go ...

I know if I didnt want this to even have a risk of happening I would have kept my legs shut so to speak ... but I will be prepared for things that may/may not happen ...
I wasn't trying to be rude its just I literally just went through this with my step sister so I just told you what I told her. You can't do anything until you know for sure. I hope everything works put for you though
No its fine you said whats true ... and im ok with that ... everyones entitled to there own opinions ...
Helping a friend with her child is in no way the same as having your own 24/7. As far as what other people think...who cares. It's your body but you I'm all reality are a teenager and I was a mom at 16 and it was the hardest thing I have ever done. Don't let anyone tell you its easy cuz its not. But I wouldn't trade my experience for the world. My son is now 9. Take a test and go from there. You cannot ignore it because you are scared. This is what's best for your unborn child if you are pregnant. Forget everyone else and their opinion. Put yourself first and take a test and then figure it out from there. I did not mean to be rude and I'm sorry if I came off that way. I wish you the best and keep us posted on the results.
I helped my friemd 24/7 for the first 5 weeks itbwas hard and it wasnt perminet but i understand the time anf energy needed to cope ... I helped her due to her living alone and her needing support ... I know it will be far from easy ...
I will be planning on buying a test when I get paid on thursday ...
I know that ... I will take a hpt asap ... Nd I will let you know the results
Are you still taking the birth control even though you might be pregnant ???
No as soon as I realised there was a possibility that I could be 4 weeks pregnant I stopped immediately
Ohh, whew! That's good :)
The other thingbi am concerned about is I am due an operation next week on tuesday (general anaesthetic) and I dont know whether they will still allow me to have the operation if I am pregnant and I will have to wait even longer to have the op ...
Well honey if you are pregnant avoiding the test isn't gonna make the baby not come...I would get two tests.  Take them and if they are positive go from there if not then just know its not your time to be a mom yet and God will bless you when he thinks your ready. It will be ok :)
Thankyou x
Im pregnant and im 4 weeks gone :)
I dont think they will do an operation if you are pregnant, and have just read tgat you are, so contrats on that, what sort of operation Is it if you dont mind me asking,? I had an op at 3 months but i only has a local anesthetic, but if Its a more in depth up they wont do it, good luck x
Hi sorry a different name I forgot my password oopsys ... thankyou
Its a knee operation to cut away some torn cartilage ... x