unusually late period but negative pregnancy test?
Hi! It's my first time posting--hello everyone!
Just have a question that someone might be able to help with...
Ever since I got married I have had a VERY regular 28 day menstrual cycle--never late, never early.
We are trying to get pregnant, and today I am at least five to six days late for my period.
I did a pregnancy test this morning that came up negative.
How reliable is that result since I usually have such a normal cycle?
I don't have any other symptoms besides frequent urination and butterflies in my stomach that could just be from the excitement of the whole situation.
So I guess my question is whether or not it is "worth it" to take another pregnancy test; if so, when; or, what else could even be the cause of such a delay in my usually predictable period?
Thanks for any comments, etc!
Katie L.
You are a murderer for having an abortion and you dont deserve to live!
I'm currently going through the same thing I had two periods in August was 2 weeks late in September period was lighter then usual, and I am currently 8 days late. Take home test was negative. When you went to the doc did your test come back positive?
Hi, Like everyone here i am late. I am 19 years old, and i take birth control, but do not use any condoms. I had my period last month within the first two weeks. that was unusually becuase it usually comes at the end of the month. So, not only did it come way early, but also i was on my period for 5 days and that was it. And that was in September, it is not October 27th, and i still havent had my period. I took a home pregnancy test yesterday, and it was negative. I am not good on cash, so i'm not sure if i should wait until i get paid again to buy a good pregnancy test (the one i bought was from the dollar store). Or should i wait and make a dr. appt. PLEASE help will any advice you have for me.
Hi Everyone, Thank you for the piece of mind.  I am 39, no kids, trying for over 5 years, 1 miscarriage July 11', 2 failed IVF cycles, IUI's, clomid the whole ball of wax. I also have a cyst about 1.5" large on one ovary that I have been closely monitoring for 4 years (this has never changed my period).

Today:
Last failed IVF was August 12' (did not get to retrieval) My cycle 27-29 days and I am always always always regular I'm currently 10 days late (10/9 last period).  3 Neg HPTs, Blood Test Neg 11/14.  

Symptoms:
On/Off Nausea & Mild Headache mostly at night
Exhausted, have been in bed by 9 most nights, energy in the morning, notice that food helps keep me going.
Nipples are sore tingling? Breasts are somewhat sore.
Eating at weird times, eating more but no apetite.

Perhaps the cyst if acting up or I'm pregnant not reading into one either way.  Just waiting (have drs appt 11/27) and will let you all know...it's sad but I've grown somewhat numb to everything after all these years but this is a first for me in 66 months of trying.  

Hopeful but cautious,
Stacie

Question: My son is 4 months old and I am not breastfeeding (we tried but he was in NICU for a month after he was born due to spina bifida and hydrosephalus, needed 2 surgeries and lots of love) anyway, I breastfed him for only a few weeks after he came home at one month old but my milk supply was gone... i had him july 16, 2012 and bled for 6wks after then had my first real cycle october 4th now it is nov. 16th and i have not yet had another cycle..could i be pregnant? we want another one so are not using birth control.. i took urine cheap pregnancy test but they all show negative result, went to the doctor and she did a urine test and it showed negative so she sent off blood work ...what do you think? my son has not been breastfed since early september i would say...
Hi all, I dtd 1st Nov, and lmp is 13th Oct. I poas last night but showed negative. Reckon I need to poas again or should I just wait for my period to start?
Wait a few more days, then you can try another test.  Try a very sensitive one like First Response and use first morning urine.  That should give you your answers.  I wish you all the best!
I'm having some trouble, and am horribly confused. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm currently a 20 year old mother to a 3 year old little girl. My pregnancy with her, was a breeze! What made me take a test was that I was way more irritable than usual and I spotted 3 days before I took the test. It has been a little over 3 years since she was born and at my 6 week check up, I had an IUD (Paraguard) put in. I've had wonderful luck with it, up until a year ago. Which, was when I found out that I had two ovarian cysts, but they were harmless and ended up going away. They did happen to cause me to experience some pregnancy symptoms, but only the bad cramping and moodiness. Now, my current boyfriend of 1 1/2 years have had unprotected sex, but he doesn't finish in me. I know this is weird, but he usually stops himself from getting off, pulls out and finishes with his hand. Now, I know that with the 99.99% effectiveness of Paraguard and then the low chance of that, combined with precum is very very slim to become pregnant. BUT, I am 3 days late for my period, I'm extremely moody, I want to eat nonstop, my breasts are somewhat sore and have become semi swollen, I am constantly peeing every 30 minutes, I'm doing #2 more frequently (normal for me is every other day), I am very emotional (I cried because my throw pillows on the couch weren't in their right spots), and I have been having some horrible cramps (as if my period was about to start). I have been having these symptoms for about a week and a half. I took a test last monday and it came back negative. But, it doesn't seem like any of these symptoms are easing up, and I'm really worried. Please help.
Hi I'm in the same boat I have a lil 2 year old girl allready me an my oh have been tryin to conceive for 2 years now I normally have a regular 34 day cycle my last period started on the 30th of september finished on 6th of october I am currently 8 weeks late negative hpt test and negative blood test please help am. I pregnant and what's the chances....
Pls help out,am 30yrs old,av been trying to conceive for the past 3yrs. My menses has been regular before mariage bt now it fluctuates. Its 11days now dat av nt seen my menses. I av done 3 urine test bt were negative,av been to my doctor and he said am nt pregnant bt am confused,wot shld i do pls
I feel your stress I haven't had a period in 35 days now and I am NEVER late I am sometimes a day or o early but have never been late! I went and had a blood test the day af should have arrived and it came back neg.. but I have been pregnant 5 time and I didn't get a positive hpt till I was 2 weeks late 1 I had to wait till I was 3 weeks late!! So for me to keep getting neg. tests is not new but still stressful because now I am 42 and the late pregnancy was eptopic and made me lose a tube .... The nurse at my dr office is so rude I told her I wanted to repeat the blood next week if af still hasn't arrived she kinda got attitude and told me this was normal for someone of my age! Really!? just one day outta the blue no light periods no irregular periods just one day wham I stop getting it!? i don't think so! Anyway I have major symptoms like gum bleeding when i brush that i not an af symptom my bbs have been sore for 3 weeks they get sore for af but usually only a week, I have creamy lotion like cm and before af it gets watery, and I checked my cervix before af it is super low it get higher every day since yesterday I can't even reach it! Oh and I am such a ***** I get moody a day or so before af but I have been aweful for weeks now!! and I have cramps for about 10 days that come and go but they are mainly in my lower middle area not my sides like af brings! and I have had a few days of a tugging feeling below belly button... I have other stuff but those could be af symptoms... It just ***** cause even though I am never one to "cry pregnancy" no one believes me and I feel so lot like some old menapausal crazy lady! If it is just late af then fine but I don't get upset when i get a neg hpt cause I know it isn't neg and I think i jut have to wait longer... anyone else have anything like this and have been pregnant?
I need help, Ive done so much research but I always turn up with different answers. I am 27 years old my doctor told me when I was 20 and after many tests that I would not be-able to conceive.However by luck I become pregnant back in April, I had a miscarriage in July  :(. It has been close to 5 months and I went back to a regular period for Aug, Sept, and Oct. However I have not had a period for two months now. I have taken 3 hpt all resulting in negative. My breasts are very hard and sore, I am tired all the time, I have a very low appetite, the smell of certain things makes me very sick. Can this be a chemical pregnancy? I read that this is common after a miscarriage. Please help!!!!
Hi I need some help. My period had been very accurate since I had it. My period was a week late and then I bleed for 3 days. Me and my boyfriend had sex and that made me spott a little. What do you guys think. Can I be pregnant
Shygirl:    I took loupron in May of 2012  and had laparascopic surgery in August same year then i goty first period in October then one in November and none in December. I am 4 days late but the pregnancy test show negative. I keep having the feelung like my period will come but it doesnt until the 3 day i saw a little blood but that was it. Could I be pregnant and when should I take another test??
I just got of the iud on nov 14 i had af end a week bfore i got it out.
Had sex on the 23 of nov witch is the last day of my ov.

I a now 14days lat and still big F****** No

Could i still be prago
My period was due the 24 of this mouth now its the 29 no sign of my period and I've done 2test and they both have come up negative I have some pregnancy symptoms cramp, backache, heart burn, feeling sick & moodswings any advice ladys?
Hey there...I'm kind of in d same boat with everyone on here. My cycle is very regular. And I have been keeping up with my ovulation chart and when my cycle on. I have been doing this for a year. I had sex when my ovulation chart and test said I was at my highest point of ovulating. My period was suppose to come on Dec. 28 and I'm 3 days late... And I don't have the regular signs that I normally have when my cycle is coming on. I notice something different I have like a stretchy discharge that's white. And this everytime I go to the bathroom. My lower back has been hurting a little and I took,a test but the first was a digital test. And that test was not working correctly. But I also took a regular pregnancy test and it said it was negative. I guess my question would be could I be pregnant or not?
I have been reading all the comments, and I thank you all so much:)  My cycle is anywhere from 26-31 days.  As of today, I am 4 days late (and that's with a 31 day cycle, so pretty darn late).  My boobs are very full, but I have no signs of a period like lower cramping.  Luckily for me, I have an appointment tomorrow with a nurse practitioner who received her phd with a focus in female hormones.  I have tested low in progesterone.  So if I am pregnant, she can get me started on a hormone regimen hopefully to sustain my pregnancy.  I did a digital test this morning saying NOT PREGNANT.  So, I will ask her to do a blood draw.  I am about to turn 32 in Feb. and have been battling my thyroid and prolactin level and a large cyst since I turned 28, with no children yet.  I'm SO EXCITED to meet my np tomorrow!  Hopefully I'll get pregnancy news.  But if not, perhaps she'll put me on a hormone regimen that will prevent another miscarraige (had one a year ago in December at 12 1/2 weeks, baby only made it 9 weeks).
Hey my partner and I trying for a baby came off the pill end of nov so period came 1st dec.. Lasted 3 days I'm now 6 days late now 3rd january  feel all symptoms headache aching chest funny feeling down there and bloated but it's not the same feeling as pms.. I took test on 28 said negative could it have been too early we've been trying every two days really hoping :-)
I am also 70 days late and feelin the same as you. I cant say its been on a truely regular sched but been decent. Major headaches, moody, lower body aches, and cravings that arent normal (normally choc and sweets).
HI EVERYONE I AM CURENTLY 13DAYS LATE LAST PERIOD WAS THE SECOND OF DECEMBER AND IT SHOULD HAVE STARTED AGAIN ON THE 2ND BUT STILL NOTHING DID A BLOOD TEST YESTERDAY AND IT WAS NEGATIVE. I HAD CRAMPING A WEEK AGO BUT NOTHING SINCE NO OTHER SYMTOMS EXEPT FOR TIREDNESS AND MOODY MY CYCLES ARE 27 DAYS AND I AM MOSTLY ABOUT AT THE MOST 5 DAYS LATE. I DONT HAVE ANY SIGN OFF AF COMING. DONT KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OFF THIS AS I CAN ONLY SEE MY GYNIE ON THE 31ST JAN
Hi everyone!
I'm twenty years old and have not had a period for over two months now,
i have done three home pregnancy tests which all came back negative. I have had a few symptoms like sore breasts, headaches, cramping, feeling tired and dizzy, i'm even starting to look and feel bloated which has me worried. I have organised to see my doctor so hopefully i find out whats wrong very soon.
So what was your result please share
This is my first time writing, hope you guys can help me figure this out. So.... I'll be five months late come the end of this month.. but in reality it's probably on two to three months late because I typically have them every two or three months. but anyways... My breasts have been really sore, I've felt sick and beyond tired. I've spotted here and there but nothing big, it was never more than a nickel sized spot. Now, I'm getting lightheaded and dizzy and my blood sugar has been getting high even though i eat a diet with very little sugar in it. I'm not really sure if I'm pregnant or not. I've taken three home tests and one blood and they've all came back negative and am planning on taking another one very soon. I'm just getting very nervous that i am pregnant or that something else is wrong.
Confused too -

I am 19 days late, 44 years old and have a 19 month old at home. I have taken 4 tests and they are all negative. So I assumed I was starting the change. I don't go to the doctor until Monday, so I have to wait. I have had some pretty bad headaches lately and I normaly don't get them but that's it..

I'm just praying if I am pregnant for a healty baby and pregnancy. For strength we are exausted...

Hello I am curious to know if u were ever preggo. I have been on the mirena for 4 yrs now, an never missed a period. My bf and I had unprotected sex the end of January. My lmp was 1/18/13. My period was due on 2/15/13 (mybday) an it never showed. Its now 3/1/13 and she is still missing. I have taken 2 preggo test and both are neg. However I have all the symptoms. Nausea, little vomit, the smell of my bf upsets my stomach (he doesnt stink tho, its his natural ora), headache, moodiness, extremely tired and having cravings. I have a slight cramping pain in my abdomen. Im wondering if I may have a etopic preg (baby in tubes) or maybe my hcg is low b/c of the merina and i cant get a pos urine. Or maybe the **** all in my head and i just ddt have a period. IM SO CONFUSED
I am super confused, feeling like a crazy woman, I'm 29 soon to be thirty married, and my period is six days late... I've taken 3 HPT and all negative I took a blood test but it was only two weeks after intercourse so I'm afraid it was too early :( I've had what I think is pregnancy signs such as nausea, some vomiting, light headed, tired, moody, backaches, headaches.. But in this last week I've been feeling cramping with no period. I also have clear discharge coming out of me for about the last two-three weeks.. I'm constipated and have a hemorrhoid... Can someone please help me not feel so crazy?
Precious One, many of us women know of this pain. My prayer is that you find all the healing you need. xox This is a beautiful community of women: http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org/
i think u could be pregnant hun,i done a test and got postives but a couple of days later i got a negative but this iscoz i was loosing alot of blood which wasa chemical pregnancy x
I am 3 days late i have taken 3 preggo tests and they have all come back - I am feeling very tired and moody, have slight cramps, always need to pee and had a yellowish discharge sat and sun. My boobs dont hurt and i have not had any spotting. Also i keep feeling sick every now and then. Is it too soon to go and see my Dr?
Please can someone give me advise as i dont know what to do.
helpppp..
me and my boyfriend have been trying for almost a year now. my period just started regulating 3 months ago this month its late 10 days but today I bleed a little. what does this mean? ive also had chlamydia before . do you think it can cause me not to have a baby,
how can you call someone a murderer? your being very selfish!! maybe there where reasons she had to have a abortion. don't judge a book by its cover!! EVER!!!
are you pregnant?
Hi, Can anyone help here-  I am like clockwork for my period however I am 2 days late at the moment, have done 3 preg test and all came back neg. Is it possible to still be pregnant. This is only my second month trying.

I haven't had my prd in 80 + days, im not pregnant though ive taking multi preg tests. they all come out neg of course, but could it be that im worried, because that's what everyone says...
The last time i had a period was May 13 and it is nke July 20 and i still havent had my period and the test keep coming out negative . What do i do ?
Hey ladies I have been two mnths late and today in the morning I got really dizzy so later on I took a preg test and it came out negative could it be wrong what shall I do
My husband and I been TTC I have a regular period my last period was 10-26-13 now I'm 3 days late but my PT came back negative could I still be prego
I am 41 years old.  I had a tubal ligation 14 years ago when my daughter was born.  I have gotten pregnant and miscarried since the tubal, so I don't think it was complete.  I've always had irregular periods, because I have PCOS.  But I haven't had a period since mid August and it is now November.  Also I have been nauseous for weeks now in the morning (strong stomach so I never throw up), I've been tired, my lower back has been killing me, when through a brief phase of my breasts hurting and being swollen and nipples aching, having cravings that bounce around like crazy, emotional, my pants are all too tight, despite no real weight gain, and I have a hard spot just above my belly button.  Here is the kicker.  ALL home pregnancy tests have been negative.  I'm waiting for insurance to kick on on new job so I can go to doctor.  I'm going nuts.  I feel pregnant, but negative test?  Maybe I'm having false pregnancy and starting menopause?  I don't know what age that starts.
Hi I read your comment u said u had polycyclic I have it too but it has been nine years I'm trying nothing happen now I'm really depressed and stress out all the time because I can't have baby because of cystitis
But the dr never give me any pill or medication for the cystitis please if u help u said when u stopped taking your pill I wonder what kind off pill u were taking I really wanna know please if answer me and help me with that I will pray for u this is  a big help for me pleas
Hi I've been off the depo since August its now November. My breasts are so tender an I pee a whole lot more. I've taken the home pregnancy test and its negative. Please help me understand why these preganacy symtoms?? Thanx
I am 5 days late for my period I was supposed to start the 23 of feb but nothing. now I am having very little cramps and little twinges. I have never ever ever been late for my period and I have had unprotected sex for two months? idk if I am pregnant
you need to leave this chat, *******! don't come here and judge, get a life!
ugh--so rude!
Hi everyone! I am 20 years old. My boyfriend and I do not have sex but do have manual sex where he fingers me. Sometimes he has pre-*** on his fingers. I am on birth control but have missed a few pills. I first had some brown spotting mid cycle about two weeks before my period. I then missed my period 2 weeks later. I have slight sickness sometimes, abdominal and back aching, increased white discharge, constant headache, and slightly sore breasts. After missing my period I did switch to a new type of birth control. I took 4 pregnancy first response tests and all were negative. I took the last one 8 days after the first day of my missed period. I have been extremely stressed about this. I know that it is un likely/ next to impossible to get pregnant without actually having intercourse but I have heard stories about it happening. I do not want to be pregnant and have been freaking out about it. I just thought it would ease my mind if I got some feedback of some of your thoughts on here. please help!
MeMe was you or did you have a baby? This is 2014 now and I'm 48 with two grown kids and two grand boys, I'm going through the same thing now. Sylvia Brown,
So me and my partner are due to get married in Febuary we've never really used protection for the last year and a half and my periods arn't regular but would usually come give or take a week however I have never been this late I'm now roughly 5/6 weeks late I have had cramps for a few weeks now like I'm due to come on and my back hurts like when you have your period I've been queasy on odd ocassions but I am seriously bloated I'd love to know what's happening done 3 hpt all negative went for bloods yesterday just waiting on results but I am going insane I'm so confused
I totally understand you . I am feeling Very pregnant, I also have abdominal swelling and getting back pain as well. But blood tests all tell me negative. But have been having vuvid dreams of a baby  in my house. I suffer from depression and take meds. My Dr. Visit, was very NOT helpful. He basicallt said I am just obese. So why do I get small flutters in stomachs at times. I feel I am totally losing my mind. Feelingof suidal idealation  is becoming common.  I need help!
yes it can happen happened to me

Hi, I have missed two months of periods. And haven't really vomited or had morning until this morning around 6:45. I experienced a light nosebleed. I heard you would get a nose bleed during pregnancy. should I be concerned? Should I get a pregnancy test?
Hi could you tell me what happened with your situation.  I hv 24 day cycles.  So to date have missed 2 period, tons odhcg have come up neg. So went to the doctor for a tranvaginal ultraaound waiting for my results. The technician told me I wasn't pregnant ( dashing away my last hopes) . She says it looks normal . So I asked shouldn't there be a buildup of blood in there. She said yes that it is inter.. something.  Don't remember the term.  She don't know why it's not coming down. My question to anyone that's been through this before is is there even a slight chance I could be pregnant before I allow them to give me pills to jump start my period.  As an aside I'm 32, I have 2 kids age 10 and 5 and aside from when pregnant have