unusually late period but negative pregnancy test?
Hi! It's my first time posting--hello everyone!
Just have a question that someone might be able to help with...
Ever since I got married I have had a VERY regular 28 day menstrual cycle--never late, never early.
We are trying to get pregnant, and today I am at least five to six days late for my period.
I did a pregnancy test this morning that came up negative.
How reliable is that result since I usually have such a normal cycle?
I don't have any other symptoms besides frequent urination and butterflies in my stomach that could just be from the excitement of the whole situation.
So I guess my question is whether or not it is "worth it" to take another pregnancy test; if so, when; or, what else could even be the cause of such a delay in my usually predictable period?
Thanks for any comments, etc!
Katie L.
Hi all...
I am 16years old and I am now 3weeks late for my period. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests and all came back negative but I havnt taken 1 for a couple of days. I havnt had sore breasts but like some of these other ladies I have got veiny breasts aswell. Its not normal.. Believe me, I've asked. But I am very confused about not having my period but having negative pregnancy tests. My mum knows that I might be pregnant, she bought me the tests, but I just wanna know.. Is there still a possibility that i'm pregnant?
I am 22 years old and always had regular period. For past three weeks I have been having pregnancy symptoms - Stomach Bloating, gas, slightly nausea. I did a urine test at the hospital and it came out negative. My period was due on dec 7th, but it is already 4 days late. I did a home pregnancy test at home yesterday and it came out negative. Is there a chance that I may be pregnant? I dont' know if it is related to pregnancy or not but i have a great increase in apetite and my doc had told me it could be exam stress since I am a student. Should I wait before I do another home pregnancy test?
please help me. i am 18 and been with my boyfriend since my freshman year of highschool. i use an electronic tracker to track my periods and since ive been using it, its been right on every time. last month when i had my period, i hadnt used the tracker so AF was kind of a surprise, just recently i checked the tracker and apparently i was supposed to get my next period on dec. 8. its been four days and still nothing. i havent had any symptoms of pms or pregnancy but still no period. this has been an extremely stressful couple of weeks, some of the most stressful ive ever had and for the past couple of days i havent able to eat lunch or eat other meals properly. could this cause my period to become irregular? i plan on taking a test just to make sure because i know that anything is possible, since its only been 4 days since my missed period, when should i take a test? also, im involved in the cheerleading group at my college, if the excercise has been more rigorous than usual, could that effect my period also?
Stress can easily delay the period and if you will not eat properly..it can delay it further. Nutrition and stress is related to the regualtion of period. Just to be sure I would suggest you taking the test..good one's can detect as early as five days before the period..n try to test it in the morning..so ur sample would be concentrated..
i am about 4 days late now. my due was supposedly on the 20th i tried doing a HPT o the 19th but it was negative. 4 days later, i took one again and still negative. Ive been having mild cramping like my period is gonna come out any minute but my breasts aren't tender. could i still be pregnant? im a nursing dry cough and im anxious wether to take any medicine or not b/c im afraid, If i am pregnant, it might affect the baby.

can someone help me?
After reading all your comments i think i am not alone. I'm married for one and a half year and craving for babies. We have tried for a few months. My period is always regular but for the past three months it is not as usual, this month i suppose to get AF on 18th dec but still nothing yet. Tried with HPT but negative result. I'm late by 5 days and feel as though the AF is coming but nothing yet except for discharge, sensitive nipples, back pain, stomach pain and urinating. I understand PMS and PG symptoms are the same. Fingers crossed and wish i will hear a good news soon. Will you keep updated if there is any good news.
Rgds
Uthra
Rgds
Uthra
HEELLP!!!!
okay heres my story, i have not gotten my period since october 15 and now im about 2 months late. i took 4 pregnancy tests back in november and 2 this week. THEY WERE ALL NEGATIVE..i really dont know whats wrong with me and ive been getting these sympthons but then i think its probably my mind playing tricks on me..BUT THEN I THINK ABOUT HOW MUCH OF A COINCIDENCE IT IS THAT I HAD SEX UNPROTECTED SEX BACK IN OCTOBER AND SINCE THEN NO PERIOD...HEELLPP!!!! CAN I STILL BE PREGNANT.!!!

I just saw your post on here.

Anyways, my situation seems similar and I thought you may have some advice for me?

My period is always right on schedule and I am now 6 days late. I have done 3 urine HPT in the am and pm and all were negative and then on the 3rd day I was late my Dr. sent me for a blood test, she phoned me and said it was negative. I am quite confused. I didn't have any of the PMS symtoms that I ALWAYS have and since I have been late my boobs are really sore and throb once in awhile, my left boob is now bigger than my right. I have had no spotting or anything?? I am very emotional and crying over stupid things. I'm just not sure what to think. I would be really happy if I were pregnant even though my hubby wouldn't really be. I had a miscarriage about 3 years ago and it was really devestating, I can't go through that again, I wouldn't get through it. I have an8 year old son from a previous relationship and my hubby has a 10 year old daughter from a previous relationship. We have no biological kids together. Before I miscarried we ttc for 2 years and then a year afterwards and then he changed his mind and we stopped ttc. It was way too hard and stressful on our marriage.

Did your blood work results really say you were not pregnant and then you actually were? How many days late were you before it showed up positive?
Anyone have any comments or ?????

Thank you so much for listening, :)

hi,
i don't know whether i should do HPT again as my AF is now 10 days late.
I am very worried, I have almost 10 pt but all came out negative, after 10 days late of not not geting my period, I went to see the doctor, he did an ultrasound and a vaginal ultrasound but told me he did not see anything and told that I am not pregnant,I was dissapointed but inside me I still feel I'm pregnant or I kept thinking maybe it is too small to be able to be seen from the scanning, now I'm already 2 weeks late,and very confused..until to this point could I still be pregnant?  
hello! this is my first time posting! my husband and i have been trying to conceive for 2 months, and im 3 days late. i took a preggo test 2 days ago, and it came up negative. im not sure whats going on!! i felt as though i was going to start a couple of days ago, sore breast, the cramps, etc...but nothing happened. i keep feeling like im going to start but do not. could i still be preggo, or am i just wanting it so bad that im making my period not come... when should i take another test? i want to be preggo soooo bad it hurts!!!!!!!!!
DID ANYONE TURN OUT PREGNANT????

I would love to hear from you.  My husband and I are trying and I have the same symtoms as you all... 3 days late, cramping, etc. but negative htp.

Thank you!
Nevermined... AF showed up tonight. :(
My husband and I have been trying to conceive since we were married in August. The first day of my last normal period was October 1 - though it was about a week late. My next period didn't come until November 15 and was very, very  light and only lasted about 2 days. December 22 I spotted very lightly for about 6 hours and then nothing. For the last 2 months I have been experiencing nausea at different times of the day, no matter what was eaten; fatigue no matter how well or long I slept; heartburn; mood swings; increased appetite; increased libido, increased watery discharge. In these last 2 months I have taken about 6 pregnancy tests (cheap) all with negative results. I have told my husband if I don't get a normal period for January, I'll be going to doc for blood test.
Does anyone have any advice or thoughts?
i have a question. i missed my period for like three months. i went to the doctor and they told me my blood work and urine test came back negative. is something wrong with my body or is it just me??? im only 18 and im soo lost about this whole thing?? HELP PLEASE!!!
I+had+sex+on+the+10+i+am+suppose+too+start+my+period+on+the+11+or+the+12+it+is+now+the+17+a+week+sense+my+missed+period.+It+came+out+negative.+I+feel+pregnant+i+have+headaches+and+bodys+aches.+I+feel+sick+to+my+stomach+i'm+really+irratated+and+not+feeling+up+to+do+anything+like+really+tired.+Is+it+just+my+body+messing+up+or+could+i+be%3F
I'm 21 years old. Married and have a son from a previous relationship. I was due to have my period January 17 . But now i am 5 days late. Took pregnancy tests and both came up negative.Feeling yucky . 1st pregnancy i had to symptoms, except for being tired.
Well I have a dilema! I have missed two periods now, last on on the 12th of November, we are trying for a baby, have taken about 8 hpt and they have all been negative! I have tender breasts and now very light brown spotting! Am so confused as have had no stress or anything!
did anyone end up pregnant? i am now a week late nd tests r neg got doctors today at 4 so will ask them some questions? my period is always reg. will post again and let you know wat happened :D x