Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
very faint positive on first response???

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

hi i am now 5days late for my period and yesturday i got a very faint positive with a first response early result, the line was so thin i could just about see it but it was there within the time limit of the test ..... i thought nothing of it so put it in the bin.... as i didnt come on today i took the other test and got a negative..... what should i take it as pregnant or not... im not sure what to do, please help
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
At present the likelihood of a pregnancy seems small. A faint line on a urine pregnancy test can be due to either the result being false positive or because the test has been done early or maybe it is a delayed conception. For confirmation you can wait for a few days and repeat the test. Or better test confirmation can be done by blood test for beta HCG and an ultrasound scan.
Hope this helps.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
Hope this helps.
Well im am no doctor but i can tell u of my experience i took a an early response five days before my missed period and had the same out come a faint but visual positive line.. i am now 7 weeks pregnant. So my best advise is to see a doctor i waited a week and seen mine. That might be best. Best wishes my friend hope everything works out for you! :-)