Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
why having Continuous positive ovulation test results after ovulation? ...

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

why having Continuous positive ovulation test results after ovulation? a week away from period?

Hellow Ladies I have a question ,

Me an my husband are ttc and I had my LH surge a week ago and we have been having intercourse all that week and even before it gives me a positive , after that the OPK gave me a negative and I predicted that the ovulation occurred and I had all the signs including cervical mucus , however after two days with a complete negative  I had another LH surge I used more than 5 test stripes to make sure ,until today am testing positive , I even bought different tests and they still giving me a positive (ie, darker test line than the control) I have been using the ovulation predicting test for two months and I never had that, my husband wasn’t around I was just trying to practice and know them better and this is the first time we have intercourse around the time of ovulation. Am just having little pinching and pulling sensations in my uterus and I don’t want to pay attention until I test around the period time after a week but they are seriously there and annoying , I was just concerned about the continuous positive ovulation tests , does anybody of you ladies have any idea?
Your input is much appreciated .
You may be ovulating again. Some women also get positive OPKs when pregnant. Buy a pregnancy test (or a few!) and test in the morning. If it is negative, retest every few days. Most accurate result would be when your period is due or late.
Um... take a pregnancy test. I've seen several women who turn out pregnant, and think they're ovulating... That's  HUGE indicator that you are pregnant since that surge can indicate higher(pregnant) HCG levels too.
Thanks JoyRenee , but the LH surge is rarely or impossible to last more than 48 hours and this second one lasted for 3 days thats a total of 73 ! i will wait and see . thanks alot  i really appreciate it ;o)  
Thanks martikadragoon, maybe who knows but i wont test until my Af is close just to make sure ,am not rushing but am confused?!!   Thanks again ;o)
You can use OPKs as pregnancy tests becuase you also have an LH surge in early pregnancy.
I heard that before but always thought its later than a week, i will wait and test at the right time just because you get better result and because its not nice to keep hopes very high then go down hill soo fast lol ...i will keep you posted ;o) ..thank you !
Luteinising Hormone is responsible for the release of an egg so you shouldn't be producing it in early pregnancy because its secondary function is to stimulate the production of progesterone.
Progesterone inhibits LH to prevent egg release from occurring each month while you are pregnant so it should be switched off if you are pregnant.

I would say you are ovulating again, perhaps from the other ovary?? Don't have a clue why and have not heard of multiple births where babies were conceived days apart but as a scientist I wouldn't have thought it impossible. Maybe you're getting a second chance this month ;)

I had 2 LH surges this month and got my BFP today!  
I dont think i ovulated again i had no signs at all and i usually do>>who knows what it is but it was weird lol people say an ovulating test would give you a positive even if you are pregnant , but there are other possibilities too such as ovulating again .The alpha subunits of LH, FSH, TSH, and HCG are identical, and contain 92 amino acids thats why an LH tracker might give you a positive result if hCG is present. i will wait and test and i will definitely keep you posted ;o)
yeeeeey am soo happy for you , well it might be a good news for me too ;o) congratsssss
On my OPK instructions it says that although those hormones have regions that are molecularly similar that they do not affect the results in trials. Even if the HCG was able to bind with the antibodies on the ovuation test, I wouldn't have thought there would be a high enough concentration to make the line go darker than the control.

This was the first month I used the ovulation sticks and even though I'd had a positive result I still tested yesterday (why I'm not sure, addicted to testing I guess) anyway it had a faint line which seems straight forward. It would drive me insane if I got another positive because there isn't much information the net about the science of how these things work as it is without adding extra stuff to worry about ;)

Will keep my fingers and toes crossed xx

Go to www. peeonastick .com and click on OPK AS HPT for more information on how all of that works! Ignore the spaces in the URL! I did that because MedHelp will automatically take out websites in posts.
That site is great but will be my down fall because when AF is due now and I have used the 25 HPTs I bought, I will start on my batch of ovulation sticks :))
Ha ha ha ha!!!
looool StressHead please dont stress out , i know how it feels and i feel am immuned to it somehow ,it drives you crazy . those two weeks are like a month and you cant stop testing thats why i didnt get any ! oh i forgot to mention the line became lighter last night and today but way still there more like when its coming close to the LH surge time ,JoyRenee i saw the website and yeah it got some useful information , Thanks ladies
My B/F has the tests this time so I can't get at them and last night when I read your posts I gave him the OPK too :))
I'm going to test on Saturday because my HPTs detect a concentration of 10. The OPK detect 40 so I don't think they would pick the HCG up that early. After that I will wait until AF is due.

PROMISE ;)
yeah thats why i dont really believe thats what happened ,am just saying its a possibility and to be honest with you it may be very slim at this time...i wont completely believe it unless i pass 2 weeks or close which is HELLOOO so not happening since we count the hours tll then lol ................good luck hope we both get a BFP soon !!
Yeah, I have been getting BFP on the OPK for 5 straight days, and have no clue as to what the heck is going on with my body!!!  If anyone figures out why this is happening, please put it on here, and I will keep watch!  Best of luck to everyone!!!
we had tried ovulation kit first time, for first week was negative then came positive ( Smile face),for continious 1 week ( we had intercource all that time). then my wife stop testing for 1 week again tested and LH is still positive whats going on ? we are planing to visit OBG next week. any comment ??
Again positive OPK test today (15 days in row).
any comment ?
hi how many days apart were your ovulation test.
mine are a week apart both postive i would say 2days is more brighter than my first one a week ago really confused .
ovulation test week apart 2 positive.?
Im in the same boat been getting positive opks for 10 days now!!! test line darker than the control line!! help please im going crazy trying to figure this out! ;)
same thing here, I tested a week ago it was positive, the only reason I tested is cause I had very very faint blood, and again today positive and the only reason I tested was very very faint blood. I have no idea but its been over a year for me and I hate getting my period!
TTC for about 2 years.  fell pregnant but miscarried at 12 weeksMIscariage  occurred March this year so 6 more months of trying  although baby died at 9.5 - periods regular since then and before averaging 26-28 days.  tested with OPK kits but no pregnancy - so bought digital *(easier to read) doing basal charting too (although I dont understand it) and Im not OK doing cervical testing as not really sure what looking for or what to do (even with instructions for web) this month perio 4/5 sept  OPK positive CD7, CD 10 and CD17 (today) had mild cramping day or so before each OPK positive - I'm 37 and my husband is 40. don't know why so  many surges.  having fertility testiong at drs - first lot of results all came back OK - I should have been full term now and giving birth any day and 6 mths on still not caught on.  I dont know what to do.  having sex regularly (2/9, 10/9, 13/9, 14,9 and 16/9 - got a smiley face this morning and hubby refuses to have sex (he's just come home from a 12 hour shift - he works days and nights making baby making time all the more difficult - i'm at a complete loss - all i want is my baby and its breaking me - not to mention the devestation when my period does arrive and we have to start all over again - any thoughts? x  
Yes cysts bursting... I had tht in june... I had cycle on 28th may but before that i lost alot of weight so whole month i kept getting positive opk n i also had spotting on/off.  only time i could differentiate.. Was tht i had pain alot discharge.. Usually i ovulate between 14-18 but i ovulated late...  second thing is u need check that how actually u r testing whether u r doing it properly.. Take care n keep us posted...
Actually, you CAN and probably WILL get a positive OPK when pregnant. You are right that you don't have a LH surge during pregnancy because of progesterone. However, OPK test positive for BOTH LH and HCG, because the molecules are nearly identical. You obviously don't ovulate when pregnant, but like I said OPK tests don't know the difference between LH (ovulation hormone and HCG (pregnancy hormone. The same is not true of HPT's, as they ONLY react to HCG.
Yes a positive ovulation test for more than the standard days allowed for the test mean you can be pregnant. I couldn't understand why I had a positive ovulation test for 9 day with weird symptoms. Cramping, abdominal pain for a week,swollen breast, low energy, frequent urination, and nausea. My husband said I should take a pregnancy test and I said no because we have been trying for three years now and I feel a lot of these symptoms every time I ovulate and get a negative pregnancy test. But after speaking to my doctor and he said it is abnormal to have a positive ovulation test 9 days in a row and abdominal pain for 2 weeks and I have no std. I decided to buy a pregnancy test with 2 in the pack and both was positive.
Good morning,

Congrats on your positive pregnancy test. I use the Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation kit. I have been on Chlomid to help get pregnant.  I have been testing for months and usually we get a smiley face for one day and then clear circle.  This time I got a positive response while I am still on Chlomid on Sunday and then i have been testing every morning and received the smiley face for the past four days.  I am so scared that I do not want to get my hopes up but my husband said that I could be pregnant.  

Any thoughts.