Pregnancy: April 2009 Babies Community
to early but how do you know when your waters break

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 09.

hi everyone im 27 weeks 5 days and dont worry my waters havent broke im just wondering when it comes nearer the time how will i know they have broke and what does it feel like i have 2 other kids but my waters never broke on there own so im hoping this time they break without any help. i just dont know what it feels like and what coulour is the waters just so i know what to look out for

any help would be great thank you
Sorry, I can't help you on this one because my waters never broke either.  For the most part I think you'll know if it breaks, or on thing to watch for is if your undies are always a little wet.  That could mean you have a slow leak... But I can't really say.  I know the waters are suppost to be clear, or could be a greenish color if your baby passed meconum.  Again, sorry I can't help more, good luck!