Pregnancy: April 2009 Babies Community
what does bloody show look like and when do you get it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 09.

this is my third baby and i have never had a bloody show with my son i was heavy bleeding bu already in labour and with my daughter my waters were leaking so i dont know what it is and what it looks like nd when it happens i have been checking myslef every time i go to the toilt so i dot miss it but it would be alot better if i knew exactly what im looking for i have had alot more stringy discharge TMI and i have never had that before its just usually wet. so is there anyone that can tell me what it looks like and when does it happen
I am all too familiar with this!  I was terrible when pregnant with my daughter and ate so very much!!  I gained 85 lbs!  It was terrible!   Anyway, the only place I could get comfortable was on my WHITE couch!  I slept there for the last 2 mos.of my pregnancy.  

One morning I woke up and got up and there was blood on the couch...like a strange blood, but no doubt it was red.  I absolutely freaked out!  Immediately went to the bathroom (while calling the Dr.) LOL!  They told me to go to the ER and that it was bloody show!  Scared me to death since that was my first rodeo!!!
My midwife and my dr told me that the "bloody show" can be light pink and dose not always happen all at once.  I'm 35 weeks and 2 days and I have had light pink spotting for the past 2 days.  ( It was very little.)  I was told that can happen when you start to dilate too.  I have been have stingy cm too.  I was told that I'm starting to loose my mucus plug and that it can take weeks before I loose all of it.  Pregnancy can be so confusing lol.  Anita