worried sick!!!
Please help i just found out that i am 9 weeks pregnant and a had no clue! I have been on prescribed percocet pain killers for over a month due to a rootcanal i had done that went sour!.I am so worried what affect this may have had on my baby ! I have been worrying sick over this! I have my first apt. next week but cannot stop stressig over this! Is my baby okay? Please help!!!
Ive read on other forums that their doctors have actually perscribed percocet during pregnancy for back pain.    Percocet is a relitively weak pain killer in terms of perscribed pain pills.  Ive also read that pain pills are perscribed in pregnancy bc the benefits of a pain free mom out weight the risks.  Its basically better for the baby for you to be relaxed and pain free.  I got this off of a pregnancy drug website:

"FDA pregnancy category C. Percocet may be harmful to an unborn baby, and could cause addiction or withdrawal symptoms in a newborn. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment. Percocet may pass into breast milk and could harm a nursing baby. Do not use Percocet without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby."

I believe that you are fine but you deffinitly need to talk to your doctor at your appointment.  The doctor is probably going to want you to wean yourself off of them. Whats done is done.  Try not to stress about it.  Theres nothing that you can do about it now.  

Tooth pain is no joke.  I had my wisdom teeth and 3 molars removed 4 weeks after my daughter was born and I was breastfeeding.  I found out later they dislocated my jaw.  So I know the need for pain killers!!

Whats done is done.  Try not to stress about it.  Theres nothing that you can do about it now.