Pregnancy: April 2010 Babies Community
Braxton Hicks?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2010.

Braxton Hicks?

Hi all,

I'm not new to medhelp, but I also have not posted on the medical forums in a really long time, though I do lurk posts from time to time.

Anyway, I am 35 weeks and 2 days along.  I've been having braxton hicks contractions about every 2-3 minutes.  I'm only concerned because they are happening so often...they are not painful or increasing in intensity.  I also do not have lower back pain, so i don't think that I am in labor.  This is my first child, so i'm not sure if i will know what "real" labor feels like.  So, for women who have given birth before...could this mean that real labor is close?  Should I call labor & delivery?

Thanks!
If you experience bh more than 4-6 times per hour you should be calling your Ob.  Most likely you are dehydrated and he/she will advise you to drink fluids and move around a bit but I would still call my Dr if I were you
Mine started around 29 weeks, I timed them and they also were every few minutes and very hard.  Went to LD 3x to find out i was dehydrated and they did IV and a shot of tubutoline to stop them.

Nurse says it just happens to some people more than others, and I have an aggitated uterus.

After that (and cash out of pocket $1500 each time as insurance only paid a portion) I decided to let it happen w/o going to hospital. It has been going on ever since and I am coming up to week 33.

Drink tons of water and lay on your side