Braxton Hicks?
Hi all,

I'm not new to medhelp, but I also have not posted on the medical forums in a really long time, though I do lurk posts from time to time.

Anyway, I am 35 weeks and 2 days along.  I've been having braxton hicks contractions about every 2-3 minutes.  I'm only concerned because they are happening so often...they are not painful or increasing in intensity.  I also do not have lower back pain, so i don't think that I am in labor.  This is my first child, so i'm not sure if i will know what "real" labor feels like.  So, for women who have given birth before...could this mean that real labor is close?  Should I call labor & delivery?

Thanks!
If you experience bh more than 4-6 times per hour you should be calling your Ob.  Most likely you are dehydrated and he/she will advise you to drink fluids and move around a bit but I would still call my Dr if I were you
Mine started around 29 weeks, I timed them and they also were every few minutes and very hard.  Went to LD 3x to find out i was dehydrated and they did IV and a shot of tubutoline to stop them.

Nurse says it just happens to some people more than others, and I have an aggitated uterus.

After that (and cash out of pocket $1500 each time as insurance only paid a portion) I decided to let it happen w/o going to hospital. It has been going on ever since and I am coming up to week 33.

Drink tons of water and lay on your side