Pregnancy: April 2010 Babies Community
Has anyone packed their bag yet for the hospital?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2010.

Has anyone packed their bag yet for the hospital?  I was just wondering what you all have packed.  Does everyone have a take home outfit for the baby?  
Tags: hospital, bag, Baby
yep, finally packed it after my false labor scare. Needless to say i'm prepared now, with the room completely done, bag packed and carseat in the van. Was it hard to decide what outfit to take? I changed my mind like 20 times ...
I packed last week. My mom bought an outfit for baby to go home in. I have my personal toiletries, a robe, a pair of pajamas (hate the hospital gowns :)), pads, underwear, socks, two onsies for baby, (though the hospital will have some) and the going home outfit.
I'm all packed...actually packed and then repacked and then unpacked to pack the baby's stuff in his own bag...Gee now that I think about it that's alot of packing...lol! I just packed what I thought that I would need.  I'm not one to lay around in a robe and pajama's so I packed a couple of pairs of loose fitting pants and tee shirts with a couple pair of socks and the usually toiletries. For the baby I actually packed a few different outfits along with onsies and socks. I would much rather have the baby in clothes that were washed by me
well now i'm thinking i over-did it! I packed the baby's diaper bag with anything/everything a new mom would need (?) like diapers, wipes, onesies, going-home-outfit my MIL bought, breast pump (so nurses could show me how to use), pacifiers, and that's just his! My bag I packed a pair of pants, a couple of shirts (figure i'll wear jeans when i go to hospital??) nursing bra, outfit for me to wear home, pajama's, a thin outwear thing to wear over pajamas (couldn't find a robe, plus they bother me at this stage b/c of their bulkiness). I also packed shampoo, toothbrush, toothpast, and a few pads in case the hospital is stingy, as well as granny undewear to use the pads (haven't worn pads in over 14 years!). THEN...i packed my husband's bag! I also included some snacks in my bag like peanuts and granola (and black licorice for ME!) so if hubby gets hungry he can snack away :)
Now we just need to get this into the car, and figure out the car seat and put THAT in the car! I'm 39 weeks today and need to get that done...but its all by the door so we don't forget! I just hope i do remember my hair dryer. I have long hair and i hate how it feels when i don't dry it, but i can't pack it b/c i use it at least every other day right now.
Anyone think i forgot anything ??? :)