Pregnancy: April 2010 Babies Community
Has anyone started to nest yet?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2010.

Has anyone started to nest yet?

I think I'm starting to nest. I just get fixated on one thing that is NOT perfect and I have to make it that way. I just have to or else. Talk about compulsive behavior ... I (for no good reason other than I saw it) meticulously and perfectly organized my entire linen closet. I refolded every single blanket, sheet, pillow case and towel and separated them into categories and sub categories. Why? I have no idea other than the sense of accomplishment. When there is something amiss in my kitchen like hubby left a glass on the counter or made a sandwich and now there's crumbs on the counter, I get frenzied into cleaning the ENTIRE thing. Mopping, dishes, and of course ORGANIZING the whole room. It makes me laugh but at the same time I can't help but to keep getting overtaken by these compulsive cleaning and organizing episodes. Does anyone else do that? I'm pretty sure it's nesting because it happened with both of my other children. I just woke up one day and decided to completely clean and reorganize my entire house from front to back. I even called in extra bodies because the task was too big for me but it just HAD to be done. lol. I hope I dont sound crazy.
oh yeah im done with my nesting because i ran out of things to do lol. :( but now it just makes waiting soo much harder
When is ur due date? I've heard that this nesting instinct or "psychological effect' is often an indication of impending labor. Couldn't tell u if it's true or not, as i'm a first time pregnant lady @ 35 weeks. I have mild compulsive behaviors, like this morning I organized the closet in the baby room, and yesterday i had to get the wall decor up and perfect, and on friday, i got the baby bag ready, the changing table organized, etc. It's just "getting ready" type stuff, but yours sounds definitely more like true nesting.
How will I tell if I am nesting or it is just my usual obsessive compulsive behavior- lol!
I am approaching 34 weeks now. I know what you mean about being compulsive already and then having nesting too. It is kinda hard to tell them apart. I can totally back up the whole "impending labor thing" because the huge cleaning escapade that I was talking about happened the day before my second son was born. These episodes i've been having haven't been as intense as that last happening, but it's very hard for me to have enough energy for all that because I am 8 months and work full time with two small children.