Pregnancy: April 2010 Babies Community
Is no morning sickness normal ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2010.

Is no morning sickness normal ?

Im 9weeks pregnant and i read that if u have no morning sickness then its a sign of miscarriage is this true im just getting worried now
I wouldn't worry some women don't experience any morning sickness, I was about 14 weeks before I even started to feel sick, try and take it easy and don't panick you never know you could be one of the lucky ladies and not get it :)
I rarely had morning sickness and I am now 15 weeks.  I just got a little upset in the stomach if I got hungry but that was it. No nausea throughout the day and no vomiting.  I actually had the worst of it when I was about 11 - 13 weeks along.  For some reason in the mornings I would feel sick but as soon as I ate it went away and it wasn't sick to the point where I couldn't do anything either.  Each pregnancy is different so some people may get sick while others don't.  Just be thankful you are not praising the porcelain god every day.  Is this a change for you?  Did you used to get sick?  When is your next OB appt?  If you feel uncomfortable or scared call your OB.  That is what they are there for so don't feel bad for calling either.  Good luck and a happy healthy pregnancy!!!!
i dont think its true at all....every pregnancy is different. I have heard from a lot of friends that they didnt have ANY morning sickness at all the first time. i wouldnt be so worried about it...Everything is probably fine...you are just LUCKY!!!

Why No Morning Sickness?
What makes pregnancy a unique experience is that no two women will experience the same symptoms or have exactly the same pregnancy. Not having morning sickness could be due to hormones, or the way your body is reacting to pregnancy changes.

Also found this site for you...just dont let it scare you too much..I think if you are extremely concerned, you may ask your OB doctor about it and ask to check your progesterone levels since this is one of the hormones during pregnancy that causes you to get sick to your stomach.
No iv neva been sick iv felt sick a few times and thats it and the onley reason why iam so worried is becouse a few years ago my mum had 3or4 miscarriages and she onley found at her first scan and she neva had sickness just felt tierd and had stomich pain now and then and thats how i feel and sometimes get discharge but iv read up on that and thats normal aslong as its not to much and its not yellow or it has a smell to it my first scan is 11th june and im sooo worried incase the same happens to me xx
Try not to worry too much.  My sister (with her first pregnancy) was so sick there were days she couldn't get off the sofa so I assumed I would be that way as well.  When I wasn't getting sick I did get a little concerned until I had my first ultrasound.  Try not to do what I did and worry yourself all the time.  Each person is different so just because that happened to you mom doesn't mean it will happen to you.  I know it's easier said then done.  I am now 15 weeks pregnant and my mom had a miscarriage (her first pregnancy) at 16 weeks.  I am a little nervous but I keep telling myself my body is different so I may not have the same problems she did.  It's normal to worry just try not to worry too much.  Good luck at your first ultrasound.
Thanks everyone  xxx
no it is nothing to be concerned about i didnt have any morning sickness through out my whole pregnancy but it also depends on the woman