Screen positive for open NTD in twins
I just got my results for my 18 week screening and they came back positive. I was pregnant with twins and l lost one of them about 4 weeks ago. Is there anyone that has information about if the demised twin can cause an effect on the results.Or what the levels mean? I was at a 5.62 and normal for twins is 4.0. Any feedback would be appreciated.
the only thing that I can think of that may affect your results is that when you went to have this screen done they had to ask you some questions like what your race is, your age, first time mother, and if you are carrying twins or not. The reason why they ask these is because they somehow help when testing the blood these answers are important. If you were not pregnant with twins at the time they drew your blood, I mean if you had already lost the twin and said that you were still having twins then this could affect the results or the outcome of the test. Is your doctor sending you to a perinatologists to do a more detailed ultrasound to confirm the results  

I hope everything turns out ok with you please email me and let me know how you are