Pregnancy: April 2010 Babies Community
Self exam and dilating anyone else got this

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2010.

Is anyone else doing the self exam to see what baby is doing and if so has anyone else noticed they have started to shorten and dilate
Wow...no, have not checked!
How the heck do you do that and what are you looking for? How can you tell its shortened or dilated?
I was checked yesterday by DR and still closed (34.5 weeks)....boohoo.
When I was ttc the first time I tried to check cervical position, mucus, ect...and never had any luck, so I would doubt, with this big belly, that I would be able to find it now, LOL
Yeah, how do you check ?  I know at my last exam a week ago I was not dilated but my baby's head is very low.  The cervical exam was painful to sya the least, I am sure if my OB tries toi check when I am having contractions I will giver her a shiner :)
I've been doing random self-exams too.. just habit from ttc-ing.. ;D

My cervix has been really, really high lately and fairly soft.. but no dilation yet (thankfully).

My doc said that she doesn't typically do internals until 38+ weeks.. and I'm definitely a-ok with that.. those crinkly sheets give me shivers.
I am dialated 1 cm.  I have 3 more weeks to go.  I have had 5 false labor trips to the hospital and I was on bed rest for 5 weeks.  I am off of bed rest.  The doctor said to walk around the mall to stimulate labor, but I think I am gonna wait until closer to April 12th  my due date.  
Athena
Im 35 weeks but my baby is really big my doc said so the min my hubby gets home tuesday no more bed rest for me ive been on it since 29 weeks self exams are easy i found a site where a midwife explained how to do it ive been doing it since 29 weeks like once a week to see how things were going and the last week ive had big changes :) Cant wait :)