Pregnancy: April 2010 Babies Community
almost to the end! anyone dilated yet??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2010.

almost to the end! anyone dilated yet??

I am 35 weeks tomorrow and had my first cervix check this morning. I am dilated to 1cm and my doc could feel the baby's head already. I am not really effaced yet, so it could be a while still. I guess it's exciting to hear something is going on down there and explains all the pressure I've been feeling this past week. I have been contracting all day since the appt, so its not too comfortable. Anyone else getting to the same point?
I am 35w4d and on Monday I had my appointment. My OB won't do an internal exam until 37 weeks because she says it might irritate the cervix and doesn't want me to go into labor before then. She did say, though, that with the contractions I do have and the sharp pains that there is a good chance I am dialed. With my first son, I was dilated to 3 for two weeks before I actually went into labor (had him at 39 weeks).
I am glad to hear that your little one is head down already!!!! I have not yet gotten the internal exam yet by my doc. Maybe they will do it Tuesday. I will then be 33 1/2 weeks. I do know that I have been having Braxton Hicks like crazy!!! Hopefully when they do check me, I will be dilated at least 1 cm
I had my first cervical exam @ week 32 on Monday and she did not say anything about dilation.  I have to ask.  Did the do a stress test too ?  I have my next test @ 34 weeks.  
had my cervix checked last tuesday. cervix was soft and i was about a cm dilated. they didn't check at my last appointment but i'll know if theres any change on tuesday. loads of pressure, BH and cramping going on, especially days that im on my feet at work. nim 37 weeks 2day
sharp pains down below can mean you're dialating? I've been having mild and random sharp pressure pains down there right where i'd level my bladder or the top of my pubic bone. hmmm i'm 33 weeks now i wonder if she's getting ready all ready
I havent been checked yet but I got for my 35 week appointment next thursday! I have been feeling awesome with no contractions or cramping so Im probably not dilated at all! I have a feeling Im going to go super later :/
I am only 32 weeks and hadn't had an internal exam, but I was dialated at 1 with my son from 36 weeks on - until I went into Labor.
I'm 36 weeks today and docs did an internal 2 days ago and my cervix was still closed so maybe still a long road ahead for me.

Expecting daughter #2 on 4th April.
I also had a doc appt at 35 weeks (now am 35w4d) and when he did the group b strep test, he also checked for dilation and said it was still closed. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed b/c I thought with having stronger B.H. that I was for sure beginning the process!! I keep getting that pubic bone pain that comes and goes for weeks, and have it for the past four days. It's really uncomfortable/painful but i don't think it has anything to do with dilation.

It must be exciting to be dilating already!!
I had my 35 week check up last week and the doctor checked me and found nothing to be happening as of yet.
I found out i dont get checked unless im late or really want to know. My midwife said you can be dialated for weeks so its no indication as to when labor will happen so they dont make it a priority to check :/