Pregnancy: April 2010 Babies Community
boy did i have a scare

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2010.

boy did i have a scare

I just passed the 36 week mark, and last night at 2 am I had this horrible back ache and started contractions. I had regular slightly painful contractions until 4 when I woke up my husband and told him what was going on. I got up to pee, I walked, I took a shower ... nothing made them stop. I called the doc and she told me to go up to the hospital. When I got there, I was having contractions every 5 minutes and I was fingertip dilated. About 2 hours later she came to check me again and I was 2 cm dilated! She told me that I was making progress but since I was only 36 weeks they weren't going to help me along but they weren't going to stop me either. She told me to go home since the baby was still high and I was only about 50% effaced. I havent had many contractions since I left so I think i'm at a standstill now, but at least something happened! I'm excited!
wow, that would be scary!!! At least your so close to full term!! I'm jealous...38 weeks and other than bh for the last 2 days, i'm not dilated and have made 0 progress. Keep us posted girl, and good luck!!!
I'm glad you're doing okay and that the contractions are at a standstill. Baby still needs to cook a few more weeks. :)
Baby is far enough along to do really well dont stress it will all happen soon and if u want it to happen soon keep busy and walk alot.