Pregnancy: April 2010 Babies Community
pregnancy after condom broke

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2010.

pregnancy after condom broke

OK me and my bf had sex on the first of June and we used a condom and it broke and we have a four month old daughter what is the probability that i could be pregnant? plz some answer
Dear Fefe420,

Without knowing when your cycle is, it is very hard to be able to give you an adequate answer.  If the condom broke during the time when you normally ovulate, (the release of your egg) usually around Cycle Day 14 (day 1 being the first day of your last period) if you have a regular 28 day cycle; then it is possible you could conceive.  It is always possible to become pregnant when a condom breaks.
On a side note, if your daughter is only 4 months old, your menstrual cycle may not even be back to normal at this early stage of postpartum.  It can take many months for your hormones to return to "normal" and you to ovulate normally.  If you are breastfeeding, this will also add to the complication of you ovulating regularly and it will be more likely that you are NOT pregnant.  But this is not the rule for everyone.  
Without knowing if your periods are regular at this time or when in your cycle this broken condom happened it is hard to comment.
If you are really worried, you could wait a few weeks and get a HPT (Home pregnancy test) or ask a doctor to order a beta hCG blood test to confirm that you are either pregnant or not.  The blood test can be done a lot earlier than a HPT simply because it can detect the lowest amounts of pregnancy hormone (hCG).
If you wish, you could send me the information I was saying that is needed to better comment via private message.  Otherwise, I hope my answer can help you with what information you gave.
In addition to anything I have mentioned, please keep in mind, that while I or others may have extensive knowledge in many areas, you should always seek professional medical advice from your own physician, as it pertains to medical conditions or concerns.
Good luck, and if you have any other questions that I can help you with, please feel free to message me directly.

Sincerely,
Sandi (Dragon1973)
MedHelp Genetics Community Leader;
Down syndrome Community Leader & Ds Group Forum Founder/Moderator
it depends on where you were in your cycle...if it was one of your fertile days you could very well get preg
Hi! The same thing happened to me. I have a 4 month old son. He'll be 5 months mid part of this month. My boyfriend and I had sex on August 26th with a condom and it broke. The first day of my last period was August 19th. My boyfriend is very fertile (not sure if that brings up my chances of getting pregnant on different days then suppose to but I thought i'd add that). I was on the pill when i got pregnant with my son. I'm apparently the 1%. I been having nausea, headaches, backaches, i have eaten more then usual, crampy, my breasts have been sore, i pinched my nipples and colostrum came out, i get sleepy, i went to the bathroom and wiped and i had a strip of blood in my discharge. My cycle is 28 days. I been doing those ovulation charts, calenders, and calculators and they all tell me days i'm close to ovulating on. I got pregnacy tests just in case. My boyfriend believes i'm pregnant with a second.

Along with all of that. I have a question, How long do sperm live in the female body? We'll use my cycle for an example cause i'm curious. I been doing research online so my mind is going crazy.

Okay, let's say i had sex on August 26th and according to my ovulation calender its a great time to concieve (conceive) a girl on the 28th and the highest one of ovulation is September 2 and 3 great time to concieve (conceive) a boy. Is all that true? So, i could possibly be pregnant depending on the amount of time sperm life in the female body? But, when it comes to the first day of my last period which was August 19th it doesn't seem like it would be possible. But, isn't it true that girls can ovulate at different times besides how the charts, calenders, and calculators have it.  It just gets confusing is all. Cause, i know that theres some girls that ovulate during there periods, a couple of days after, and such like that and they get pregnant. I'm just trying to figure all this out and get a better understanding.