Pregnancy: April 2012 Babies Community
Checking in with everyone!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2012.

Checking in with everyone!!!!

How is everyone doing with their newborns? How is feeding time going? Anyone getting any rest? Who's going back to work soon or are you able to stay home with your new bundle? How are you healing? What other trials or amazing things are happening you'd like to share?

My lil girl was born on the 16th she's doing well. Sleeps 3-4hrs at a time. We are breast feeding only right now. I did purchase a pump to take the edge off in between feedings but since I've gotten it she's been eating better. Mostly when she nurses she eats from one side then falls asleep, then the other side is full and hurting. But lately she's poops while she's eating so I end up changing her which wakes her up then she'll nurse a little from the other side before falling back asleep.
I'm a teachers aide and technically have to go back to work for the last 4 days of school but if I don't mind not getting paid those days I can stay home and not have to go back until next school year! So we'll see.
My body is slowly healing. As much as I want to workout I know I need to just chill for a bit more. I may starting walking the neighborhood in the next couple of days but that about it for now. I don't know if it's cuz I pushed out a 8lb kid or the fact that I'm 34 (11 yrs older than I was the last time I birthed a child) but man my body hurt!!!
Hope to hear some of your stories! Thanks for taking the time. I know it's precious right now. Go take a nap!!!! I am! Lol.
hey we r doing well, baby sleeps through the night only waking twice.... thank GOD but during the day its a different story she does her own thing when she wants to... but i cant complain... she's a precious doll...i am still healing had a c-sec getting around better than i was 2 weeks ago, but still cant do too much or lift ne ting heavier than baby, I have to go back to work nxt mth ( june) I started mat leave early in march cause i was having heart palpation and couldn't get around too well  so doc put me on bed rest so i lost a mth there to spend wit baby :( i was hoping to go back part time but i dont think the job will allow that .. n i work for a gyn clinic with ONLY women u would think they would understand.....
Right now baby is sleeping so i get to catch up on stuff .. the funniest thing about baby ( for now) is that she has a cry for everything and some of them r so funny u just have to laugh the one where she wants attn is just hilarious i stand there and say really? and then she "replys" in her own little language....... shes the only one who can make me laugh at 3 in the morning even when im tired lol..... im sure there is more to come... w
Well u take care , get SOME sleep....  i know i am.....lol
Doing well. This is my 3 week back at work, working 4 10 hour days, not fun but nice to have the three day weekend. I am still fully breastfeeding/pumping, pumping at work is a pain but worth it!
She is not sleeping through the night but she is doing well going to bed around 9 and waking me up about 2 times in the night. If I let her sleep with me from about 3-5am she will let me sleep during that time, if I dont she will keep waking me up.