Pregnancy: April 2012 Babies Community
Feeling the back to work guilt already

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2012.

Feeling the back to work guilt already

I go back to work in 7 weeks and the guilt is already setting in! Drake will to go daycare when I go back. How do I deal with this guilt? I'm feeling bad that they won't know him like I do. I have spent each day and night since the day he was born bonding with him. I know what every cry, smile, and whimper means..will they understand him and love him the way I do? Ugh! :(
Babies are very adaptable ..it will take time but your daycare will get to know your little one and what works with them..and your little man will get used to being there..don't feel guilty its always hard to leave but it will make your time together even more special ..no one can love you baby as much as you do but I'm sure the daycare will love your son..
Thanks for the support- I appreciate it. I know it will be a transition and in time the guilt will hopefully fade. I keep reminding myself that I'm making his life better by going back to work. I want to be able to give him the world!  

How is your little girl doing with the colic, better?