Pregnancy: April 2012 Babies Community
Nutrition Tracker Apps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2012.

Nutrition Tracker Apps

Why can't I find an actual nutrition tracker for iPhone? There are about a 1000 weight loss trackers, but I can't seem to find anything specific for pregnancy. I was hoping to find something where I can enter what I'm eating and have it tell me if I am meeting my protein and vitamin requirements. (of course I am taking a PNV also)

Does anyone know if this exists? Even if it's computer/internet based and not an app?

Or does anyone have another way that they track their nutrition? I guess I could make a spreadsheet...?

Thanks, ladies!
I'm a registered dietitian so have a little experience here.  Go to myplate.gov and there is a specific calorie recommendation for pregnancy (does not work if you have twins).  Use this to know how many ounces from each food group you need.  With regard to tracking nutrients try the MyFitness Planner, I recently found this and really like it.  There is an app called happy pregnancy that I like as well.  I would focus on weight gain  versus nutrients.  IF you are gaining appropriate weight and eating a balanced diet you are likely getting the nutrients you need.  There is a worksheet for the food groups that helps you keep track so you can identify those groups you are lacking.

Susanne Trout, RD, LD, IBCLC
I don't think a spreadsheet is necessary....

the combination of your vitamins and the ATTEMPT to eat a balanced, healthy diet should be enough. you don't have to get EXACTLY  "x grams" of protein or exactly "x calories"....

nutrition is not an exact science as all of our bodies are different. like i said...if you are attempting to eat all of your nutritional needs, chances are you're getting what you need. plenty of women vomit their entire pregnancy or subsist entirely on broths and gatorade and have wonderfully healthy, happy babies...so don't overthink it :-).

Don't obsess so much that you don't have fun! good luck finding the nutrition ap; I thought MH had one but I guess not!
Welcome FearsomeKitty:)
.
Ash is right, don't worry yourself too much. Just try your best to eat right and continue your vitamins and you should be good. She is also right about MedHelp having a food tracker. It's AWESOME. I've used it in the past when I was losing weight. You should check it out. VERY user friendly as well:) Good luck!

Susanne Trout, RD, LD, IBCLC
Even though its marketed as a diet app, Spark People has a good diet and food tracker.  Plus, the website is even more customizable.  You can set goals for water consumption and nutrients.  I was using it before I found out I was pregnant and will continue to.  It's very user friendly. Plus, there are good communities to join (on the website).