Pregnancy: April 2012 Babies Community
Traveling with a new baby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in April 2012.

Traveling with a new baby

Ok looking for some input from other ladies, espeically those that remember what its like to have a new baby! One of my husbands best friends is getting married May 27th in Cabo Mexico. I am due first week in April, so potentially I could have a 2 month old or as young as a 6 week old. Do I bring new baby with me to Mexico? Should I stay behind?
I don't know too much about it but I'd stay behind. At 2 mos, the baby is still so little. That's just me though!......what did ur dr say?
I didn't ask the Dr. But I talked to the groom a little to get a feel for what he thinks and really I just don't think it will be fun for me. There will be all these activities I don't think I will be able to do and I know the bride (she is OK, kindof a bridezila) and if a baby was crying I think she would get PO so I think the best thing to do is just stay home. It ***** because I would like to go but weddings are just not working out for me. Missed one of our best friends when we lived in Germany, probably missing other friends of ours whos wedding is a week after she is due and of course is a couple of hours away........oh well
You are talking about the possibility that the baby will cry, but much more important, people will want to hold the baby and will look at the baby, and will expose the baby to a lot of germs, at the wedding, and in airplanes, and everywhere in between.  I sure would turn the trip down.
Don't worry about it:) The time you get to bond with the baby while hubby is gone TRUMPS the wedding in my opinion:)...I'd say make hubby make it up to you by planning a nice night out for the two of you when he comes back. Maybe dinner, drinks and some dancing..lol..
Sounds like a good idea!
It is worth missing for the baby, I am just bummed out that I am missing another wedding!
I know I should worry about the germ thing, but it is not something I stress about. With my daughter she spent most of her time at home, but I took her with me to the store and out on walks and we went on several trips with her and she never got sick. I think if you keep them in a tiny bubble you never let there immune system get a chance to stregnthen and hurts them later in life. Now with that said I don't let people hold her that are obviously sick  :)